I recently bought a mk6 gti and have been looking at tunes for the past couple days...

I recently bought a mk6 gti and have been looking at tunes for the past couple days, but the more I read into it the tougher the decision becomes. I hear plenty of good things about APR, Unitronic and Eurodyne but every one of them seems to have some kind of fatal flaw, also I can't get a clear answer on whether or not a flash back to stock protects you from getting a TD1 flag. If I do decide to tune it I was leaning towards APR because it comes free with a downpipe so I can go stage two for cheap but I don't want to shell out all the cash for a new clutch when the fuckload of torque grenades the stock one.

Should I even bother?

Have you tried skimming the head and custom headers?

i don't browse this board a lot but I'm assuming this is a meme post

eurodyne is good if you want to blow up your turbo quick

dont even bother, keep it 5 years and sell it to someone as a beater. its a fucking golf m8, its the automotive equivilant to actually playing golf as a sport.

I drove the same shitbox for like 5 years and now I wanna have some fun god damnit, I'm more than willing to put down the cash for a tune

Keep it stock faggot.

>being over the age of 18
>ricing
Consider suicide.

Why tune it and void the warr....
Oh you don't have a warranty because you bought a used VAG.

Nice work fuggo.

there's lots of dealers who will tune your car under warranty and there's even more who will just not hook it up to vw so the jews can't deny you service

>stage 2
Kys

??

and I thought /mu/ had shit discussion

OP wants to have fun so he bought from the dealer a wrong wheel drive economy shitbox
>gg

you're right I should have bought a miata for $40 and spent the remainder dropping a v8 in it

fuck off

nah just rice your car while it's in warranty that's a better idea

If you are close to an apr dealer, go apr. If not, go Unitronic and tune from home. Do it pussy. It transforms the car with about zero negative other than your wallet.

that's the plan
There's one 40 something minutes away, I don't wanna have to drive back and forth to reflash if something breaks though, are they really that much better than Uni?

Is this bait? How is tuning rice? I've never heard of something less rice in my entire lift and the lives before it.

Also, the OP wants to make sensible non-cosmetic mods to his vehicle and you fucks are shitting all over him. He didn't ask how to put down 750whp from stock internals with open dump headers and a ricer wing. Jeez.

I've read that odds are about 50/50 that the stock clutch will start to slip after a tune and breather mods. Might as well upgrade the clutch while you're in there.

It should make the car pretty damn quick tho.

yeah I mean if it starts slipping I could switch it back to stock mode I guess, I don't think I can do a clutch install on my own and I don't want to spend $500 for a clutch and another $1k on labor

Don't listen to anyone here except for I've been Stage 2 APR for about a year now and I love it. It's the best decision you'll ever make.

How's your clutch held up? Assuming it's stock

Also do you know anything about vw not being able to tell it was flashed if you get it flashed back to stock? Apr is pretty adamant that it's undetectable

Don't waste your money tuning a shitbox. You could've bought a better/faster car for the money you'd spend on shitty mods.

yeah you're right I fucked up, that extra thousand dollars probably could have got me a porsche

fuck off retard

It would have. Cayman s's are cheap

yes good idea let me go buy the shittiest porsche for my only car so i can impress plebs for the summer until the winter comes and i can't leave my house

>What are snow tires

Snow tires wont make up for the fact that I'm driving a Porsche around in a foot of snow, not to mention that when something inevitably breaks it's going to cost $38829377492 to fix it. Plus I need some space to haul my shit back to school

any other retarded suggestions?

Putting some good tires on it will do more for the car and your enjoyment. If you wanted a car that was fast in a straight line, then you bought the wrong vehicle.

Put some Michelin PSS's on and you'll have a lot more fun.

I still have to get snow tires first

>but I don't want to shell out all the cash for a new clutch when the fuckload of torque grenades the stock one
You can't cheap out if you want to make your car faster.

>the shittiest porsche
It's still a shitload better than the Golf GTI.

when I start working hopefully I'll meet someone who can hook me up with an install or something, I can afford a new clutch disk but fuck labor prices
yeah of course it's the better car but what kind of retard daily drives a Porsche in New York

Then you should've bought a 3k civic.

>op buys a car
>asks a completely reasonable question
>lol that car sucks why didn't you buy a different one
>reasons
>lol that's dumb why didn't you just buy a shitbox

this is the most retards I've ever seen in one thread

Why didn't you buy a MK4 GTI 1.8T if you're planning to mod it?

why would I get rid of a piece of shit to buy another piece of shit but with 100k more miles on it

Because a clean civic with 200k miles is better than a gti and whatever you had before.

i wanted something newer, I'm not really planning on doing anything other than the downpipe + tune anyway
this has to be a meme

>Tiny mod such as fucking downpipe and a tune
Why did u need to create a thread about this

I had a question that I thought you autists could answer but apparently i was wrong

You were wrong go stage 2 with apr and be nice to the clutch until you have to replace it

I'll probably do that desu

I'd still like to know about the whole td1 shit tho, I came here because everybody on those shitty vw forums just regurgitates some bullshit about honesty or "paying to play"