Why are Corvettes often labelled as a "mid-life crisis car."?

Why are Corvettes often labelled as a "mid-life crisis car."?

Dunno. Doesn't really make sense when you consider only middle aged men who are financially stable can actually afford one.

Because most of them are driven by middle age men, and occasionally women.

Because most of men are purchased by men who want to feel 20 y.o. again when they hit 50 y.o. As a result, they buy a sports car they ever dreamt about when did not have the money.

By the time people are able to afford Corvettes, if they aren't going into debt over one or are born wealthy, they are middle aged men looking to recapture some of their youth.

Which sucks because youth is the time you really want to go fast.

Automatic Corvette convertible with chrome = mid life crisis

Manual Corvette coupe with performance upgrades = cool dude

They're cheap enough for the working class to afford, but only after a long life of working and saving, hence why they're common among 40-50 year old guys.

Born-into-money richfags who can afford them would rather have expensive badges instead of performance.

>performance
>on a tow truck
turbokek

It's an insult term created by women that hate seeing their husbands have fun.

>frosty is a cool dude

>I used to be the only one to put a smile on his face but ever since I stopped fucking him the only thing he seems to care about is that loud and annoyingly uncomfortable car.

wtf I hate vettes now

IDK why idiot ass people call them mid life crisis. Okay the most common reasons are "wanted to drive a sportscar that they dreamt in their 20s"..."recapture youth"...."compensate" fucking bullshit and etc.

I like Corvettes but not much. Just like Porsches more. But I do agree Corvette is a cool, screamy car, value for the buck as well, etc.

But these sterotypes sicken me. Why don't let people buy whatever they want at any time of their life? I can bet a 100% that most people in their 40's and 50's don't buy things that they wanted in their 20s or 30s just because people say shit. Okay I can't stop these shitty people at all but do whatever with your life and enjoy the heck out of it.

The average age of a corvette owner is 55

i thought the muscle cars where the mid life crisis cars
the corvettes are for the boomer or rich plebs

The most practical reason is that most people can't afford one until their late 30s/40s and usually later.

Then people just assume the worst about someone that age, because they are middle aged and in such a car.

inb4 I bought a corvette when I was twenty something... great job being the exception faggot

Affording a Corvette in your 20s isn't the hard part, affording the insurance is.

They've had pretty bad marketing up until recently and they're still trying so hard to shake off that stigma
If you think about it though, all sports cars have negative stereotypes

>Porsche
>Old rich fag/sometimes midlife crises
>Exotics
>Old rich fag/compensating/new money douchebags
Etc etc

>BMW
>Richfag who thinks he's more important than all these peasants in his way
>Lambo
>Literal rich fag looking for a boyfriend

These are fun, let's keep going

epic keks XD

pretty much every sports car is labelled a midlife crisis car when a 40-50 year old male buys one

Porsche also makes mid-life crisis cars

I'm thinking of buying a C4, not in a hurry so I'm gonna wait around for a 1996 6-speed with the LT4 at a good price. Good idea? I just love the look of the C4, anyone have experience with them?

good question, new corvettes usually reach crisis after just one lap, not at their mid-life

How old do you think boomers are now???

I jokingly call my Mustang GT a mid-life crisis car, but I think the real mid-life crisis is being trapped in a Kia Soul.

I'd get one asap. They're already starting to creep up in price. Decent running C3's are like $15k. If you wait a couple more years you'll find yourself only able to afford a C5.

>Can't even beat a Ford Territory
AHAHAHAH

corvette insurance is usually cheaper than pony car insurance

Fuck those people's opinions.

Yeah? Well fuck you too. I don't care about your opinion.

Because it's the cheapest car that looks like a genuine sportscar with the performance to back it up.