Noob? Git gud:
webms with sounds
Stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/6155247172.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the real thread.
GS 500 wills it.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little scooter? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in driving school, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Nandos, and I have over 300 confirmed Wheelies. I am trained in basic wrenching and I’m the top thug in all the SA bike gangs. You are nothing to me but just another displacelet. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on BMWs, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of tripfags across the board and your bike is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Strom, maggot. The V-Strom that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your bakiu. You’re fucking dead, user. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can hoon in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my touring tires. Not only am I extensively trained in squding, but I have access to the entire arsenal of my toolbox and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Veeky Forums, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit cheap oil all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, user.

The GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else. But it can also corner much better than something like a cruiser, and actually uses its entire rear tire unlike a Ninja 250.
> brakes
They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes. This is good because the longer braking distance forces new riders to plan ahead and start braking early. No ABS means they learn to brake properly I'd they don't want to get shrekt.
> power
It sits right at the power limit for A2 bikes which is great for euros. It's torquey enough to be faster off the line than most cars you'll encounter in the city. But it also feels relatively gutless so a) it's forgiving of mistakes and b) you can ride it at the limit without putting yourself into too much danger. It reaches up to 180 km/h which is fast enough for highway riding.
> carbs
It being carbed means that if you run into problems, you can learn to fix them yourself instead of heading to the mechanic every time.
> seating position
Upright, slightly forward means it's a neutral riding position so you can figure out what you want afterwards. The seat is relatively uncomfortable making literally every other bike after it will feel like heaven on your ass.
> price and availability
Parts and the bikes themselves are cheap and plentiful. If you crash and fuck up one of your fairings it's 40 euros to replace it with original parts. Engine needs little maintenance. Beginner riders are typically not financially independent, so this is a big plus for them.
> suspension
It's a budget suspension factoring into the overall low cost of getting a GS 500. If you want better suspension it's easy to swap. Therefore it gives beginners an opportunity to learn working on suspension while keeping the cost manageable.

Can I just get any regulator/rectifier unit that looks like it fits the holes on my bike or are they model specific?

I think some are 3-phase and some are 2 phase

Good point, I'll look for 5 pin ones.

>clutch is fucked
>have to wait a week for parts
The weather is behaving this week too. I might as well flush all my fluids while it's parked right?

Gs a shit

Objectively wrong.

>implying

Proofs.

of all the superbikes, tell me why i should buy an rsv4?

its cheaper than most, it handles great and its v4 sounds so fucking good

what are the downsides compared to other bikes?

Looks like she already dropped that piece of shit on the ground at speed.

I would rather have a Honda 400 SF if I was forced to go to a mid sized bike, else I'll stick with my 650 thumper.

I bet you have 6.5 inches thumping your boipucci all nite, feggit

especially the older ones had reliability problems.

It just comes with smaller manufacturers and italian work ethic.

Maintenance can be a pain, higher parts cost.
Fun bikes though. I'd recommend if you wrench. The dealers are sparse and costly.

you forgot that it has legroom for manlets

>clutch is fucked
At what mileage/km?

I painted my rusty exhaust this weekend. One summer project done

A question for you, /dbt/.

On a carbed bike, should I turn the fuel petcock to OFF everytime I stop the bike? Or only if its going to be parked for more than a pair of days?
Should I turn it OFF overnight?

You should turn it to ON, drain the tank, have it wrecked and buy an actual motorcycle instead of a scooter from the 80s.

you SHOULD turn it off or all kinds of fucked up shit can happen.

Flooding the carbs can lead to flooding the engine which can lead to gas in oil which can lead to engine getting borked.

Yeah i would turn it off, i turn mine off every time i get off of it.

Ok, thanks lads.
Yeah, no.

how is maintenance on a Ural? I've heard something about paper gaskets that need pretty regular changes.

KTM vs Kawasaki?
Any dank opinions?

same as any european vs. japanese brand really.

if your carbs are working properly you can leave it at on. If you plan on leaving it for a while, then turn it off.

37,600 miles. This should be the first time it's replaced.

China knockoffs came in, 15$ per set

Rate em

yeah and how do you know your carbs are allright at any point in time?

Switch it off to be sure.

how does it feel knowing you're riding on a compromise

The gaskets on the final drive are made of paper. I bought 20 from Russia for $18 shipped.
Mine leaked when I first got the bike because the previous owner had replaced them but didn't tighten the bolts enough, and the gaskets were able to wriggle loose and tear.

It's about a half hour job to replace it.
I've gone 2000km on mine since I did it with no leaks.

Can't think of any other paper gaskets onboard.
Pic is my leaky final drive.
>For over a month I just kept a bottle of Gear oil in the trunk and topped it off once a week

Compromise between which bikes, exactly?

Poorfag trash, I can see there are ripoff even by the foam package. I've got original pic related for my Striple.

>GS500
42.1hp (31kw) @ 7000
Wet Weight 182kg
15.3 secs @ 137.9kph Quarter Mile
Top speed 161.9kph

>KLR 650
45.5hp (33.2kw) @ 9200
Wet Weight 189kg
14.2 secs @ 139kph Quarter Mile
Top speed 163.5kph

I made a mistake, the rpms are swapped.
KLR650 = 7000
GS500 = 9200

>a completely different bike is completely different
>faster due to its larger engine
Hurf durf.

But were yours 15$ a set?

Im getting rid of the yuuuge floppy fz09 oem signals for 30$ so Im a happy poorfag.

P-twin revs higher
Single Thumper doesn`t
Why does my Dl-1000 beat big block Harleys in speed and pull off then?

Do any of you even own a bike that costs more than 2k?

I would imagine valve clearances are pretty easy with the boxer, on the outside cylinder...
any intervals that seem short?

1) The thumper has higher torks which is what's helping you accelerate from a stop (quarter mile).
2) The Harley cucks aren't trying and/or shitty riders, plus those engines are absolutely shit.

Lots of newer bikes on here

Technically no, but these do go for about $2-2.5k I've heard.

Yep.

The left side, yes. The right side, the cylinder is almost butted up against the sidecar. Plus you have nowhere to work.

Oil is pretty frequent, i think every 1500-2000km which is like 1000 miles. Also there are three separate oil changes that need to be done: engine, gearbox and final drive.
I've only put 3500km on the bike.
I keep using km because that's what the odometer uses..

I ride a Nuda good friend.

Are the the GSXR user in miramar?

Went to check what they actually normally run, then this.
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/6155247172.html

More cylinders make more revs which make more HP and top speed. The GS500 is as slow as a fat ass KLR. Thats my point, it`s shit.

Harleys are shit, I don`t know what the fastest Harley is but I doubt it would be better than my DL-1000 which is a V-Twin and Harleys are mainly V-Twins.

>More cylinders make more revs which make more HP and top speed.
Ask me how I know you know jack shit about engines?

Yes, just barely in usd

Out of curiousity, why did you buy an ural?

Its just they dont seem like good bikes.

V rod is fastest Hurley.

and they stole that from engine from Buel

Yes. I bought it for $2k and I gave the guy change for the bus.

Doing all lower 48 states this summer

Just bought a Yamaha FJ 09 .. i love it

>stranded because battery is completely discharged
>no kickstart
What do?

No they took it straight out of the back of a 911. Chopped off 4 cylinders, then angled it up a bit to make a v.

Bump start it

Bump start.

Why won't they sell this is the US? I'd buy one tomorrow.

Gonna try that, thanks

>Doing all lower 48 states this summer
>Why won't they sell this is the US
Wut

Right, my 1000cc V-Twin is as fast as 4in line FireBlade. Try again.

And slower in all ways than my DL-1000.

honestly not sure what the difference between the two is

Pictured is the "tracker" yamahas EU version on the FJ 09

Put the bike in 2nd Hold in the clutch and run fast let it go to start. If you don`t have enough traction jump and sit on the seat while moving.

yamaha Tracer*** sorry

Stop benchracing.
Engine configuration isn't the sole determining factor of speed. The 2nd gen CBF600 has the same engine as the 2007 CBR600RR but behaves completely different.

And?

Its still the fastest Hurley.

Even if they needed porche to unfuck it enough to fit it in a cruiser.

Then why does a 1L 4cyl have higher top speed than my 1L V-Twin. Could it be that more cylinders make more revs to make more power for the same capacity?

Technically you're doing all 48 continental states, seeing as Hawaii is actually a lower state.

Slightly above

The tracker gets decent wind protection, storage from the factory. And comes with a better suspension than the US fz-07

>rotating mass

the only downside is when you have to resell it, you'll lose a bit of money, appart from that, it's great.
Maintenance every 6000km, parts are NOT especially expensive tho, the new RSV4 are pretty reliable.
Good choice mate.

Higher number of cylinders means smaller cylinders and valves, which means those components can be smaller and thus have less inertia, leading to engines that rev faster and higher. However, not all engines have weight-reduced components, especially the budget ones. Naked bikes, tourers etc are usually not set up for maximum power delivery, but rather a linear power delivery (resulting from near constant torque across the rev range) do be more usable in different scenarios (city traffic in particular). Longevity is something that needs to be taken into account, if you remove a lot of material from components they might become less stiff and wear off faster which isn't desirable for a bike you might want to DD. Valve timing, position, shape and size play a significant role in engine characteristics.

>buy scissor lift
>requires 22mm socket
>my set maxes at 21mm

Also inertia from rotational mass's distance (translating to speed here) from center (crankshaft) a v twin has a much longer stroke, leading to more inertia and higher acceleration of the mass. Engines with smaller strokes will not have the same force from acceleration, as they don't have to cover the same distance in one rotation of the crankshaft. So it can rev higher, with the same force and speed.

I understand what you saying, mostly, but cylinders offer a much quick way to get speed than shaving engines and making them out of light materials.

No matter what you could ever do to a KLR 650 engine upto and including Turbos could you ever get it as fast as a CBR600r. Even if you built the fastest Thumper in the world it would still be slower. The piston can only move so fast to make power. More pistons means more of the work is shared out mean more power at high rpms. I doubt a CBR600r could ride as slow as my KLR without stalling depending on gears and rpm.

are they actually visible? chinese turn signals tend to be really low quality LEDs you can't even see from 10ft away in daylight unless you're looking closely for them

Are you literally brain-damaged?
Yes, engines with more cylinders TEND TO be revvier and the bikes are OFTEN faster than those with fewer cylinders.
What I'm saying is that the engine configuration is only one of many factors contributing to the motorcycle's top speed and acceleration (two very different things), and it is conceivable to have a thumper that out-drags and out-runs an i4.

>a dual sport is faster than a street bike in a quarter mile
it's pathetic really
More power means better acceleration, not more tork.

More like it could be the most important factor. If you had said as light and fast two stroke might beat a heavy big displacement 4 stroke on a pull off situation, I might have gone with it. But there are no materials available today that could let a Thumper Match any 4cyl, saying anything else is retarded.

What a pretty bike

How long did they take to get to you? I want to get rid of my ugly FZ8 ones.

Have you ever seen a 500cc two stroke thumper with a turbo? It sure as fuck will out run your sportbike. Give it fairings and will probably reach higher speeds too. Power isn't necessarily limited by engine configuration. But there is pros and cons to each.

Power is torque integrated over RPM. Torque is the product of force times lever length. Engine torque is transformed using the gearbox and final drive gear ratios. The rear axle torque divided by your wheel radius is the force with which the bike is propelled forward. Force is mass times acceleration, i.e. more force = more acceleration.
Since for drag races, you're accelerating from a stop (RPMs are climbing instead of staying in the narrow power band the whole time), the torque at low RPMs must be taken into account, as an engine that only produces high torque at high RPMs will take ages to even get to that point.

Moto3 uses 250 cc single cylinder engines.

>More power means better acceleration, not more tork.
But more torque=power, literally. It's part of the function.

Anyone wanna take bets on a first year rider making a 2,300mi run to Hyder Alaska on a 250 and not getting ded?

post attempts at knee dragging

I bet on ded.

Worked like a charm

and the other direction

You say it like it's an achievement.
I did that distance on a 650 within 6 months of getting my licence.

Stop spamming your shitty BP, noob.

Make sure you get that battery checked.