So I'm driving home from work and end up in the middle lane with merge to my right...

So I'm driving home from work and end up in the middle lane with merge to my right, someone is at my shoulder I slow down and let him pass. I see some ugly blue LED lights behind me with an ugly sounding fartcan exhaust at redline. I downshift and gas it keep in mind he had advantage of being redline as he was catching up. On the curb up ahead where the merge ends there are many cars parked there. So I'm gassing it and have little the lead with him behind my passenger door. He's still going and put me in a fucked up situation where if I didn't slow down he'd hit me and the parked cars on side. I moved mover nearly going over line and slam brakes because he almost hit me. Does this ricer go on the rest of the day with a moral victory thinking he blew me the fuck out? For me it's not worth standing on side of the road for hours because some edgelord with his riced out Scion decided to put others in harm. Has this ever happened to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J6BA3wstTyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tldr floor it fag

He would have been sandwiched between me and parked cars on curb

stop typing so much and drive better you double nigger

What exactly did I do wrong? I'm not the ricer putting people at risk

I need at least one intelligent response before I delete this thread

Bump

It's the responsibility of the car in the far right endling lane to adjust speed and merge safely to the middle lane. You could have just Heald your speed initially and let him pass on the right or sense you speed up it would give him room to merge behind you. Nowadays with everyone passing on the right on a freeway because people won't move over for faster moving traffic and no setting your cruise control in the fast lane is not the same as having the courtesy to move over for faster traffic. This has got people in the mindset to always pass on the right and cut people off. I saw a nice wreck this weekend with someone doing the exact thing op described and the car in right lane crashed into a slowed car making a right turn because they were trying to race past.

For me it wasn't worth getting in accident because of some stupid ricer in a Scion. Although now he probably sleeps well at night thinking he beat a Mustang in his shitbox

If your a stock 80s 5.0 mustang he did or a 6 cyl. Doesn't matter what he revved out to you should have had the low end torque to get in front if that was your goal. Either get in front or let him by safely.

You would have gassed it and had him possibly hit you? In the heat of the moment I'm not gonna hope some random ricer knows what he's doing when driving like reckless faggot

How can he hit you if your a car length in front of him. Face it you got smoked if you don't have the power to get out of the way then let off the gas and apply the brakes.

You didn't hit anything. He's still driving a riced out Scion. I'd say you won.

No man,when I noticed he was sandwiched at my passenger door with the parked cars maybe 30ft away

Do you want a pat on the back for not crashing? people are shity drivers that make poor decisions. Who knows what dude was thinking. If it battered your ego that much to let someone pass you on the right thus avoiding an accident then you should have followed him and challenged him to a duel.

Well for one, I think he did it to fuck with me. Secondly it scared the shit out of me because his stupidity put me in ugly situation, and lastly he's probably jerking himself off with this "moral victory". Just thought I'd share and see if this happens often, maybe next time I'll just submit and let these idiots pass

He DID smoke you though. Part of the game is the mental one. He challenged you to a game of chicken - and you ended up being the chicken. If you're here whining about your ego then you should have just kept going as you were and let him either hit you or fuck himself up trying to get over.

He was in the wrong, clearly, you had the better machine (I assume), but you still backed down.

Not gonna lie I am pretty butthurt about it, would you have kept going and possibly let him hit you? I just can't imagine standing on side of road with that dumbfuck restraining myself from braking his face

This happens every time traffic is heavy or the merge happens after a stoplight. You gotta learn to step it up and be willing to crash if you want to beat everyone in a street race. everyone on the road thinks they are the best driver slower drivers are idiots to faster drivers and faster drivers are idiots to slower drivers. The worst are soccer moms in mini vans with a phone in one hand and a Starbucks fappichino in the other.

Yes, I would have kept going just to call his bluff, fuck him. He's not going to hit you, he just wants to shit test you.

I mean ok yeah, I can't be ONE HUNDRED percent certain but from the story it just sounds like some shit head driving aggressively, which means you drive defensively. I always tell myself they're in the wrong, so insurance will fuck them, not me (as much).

>someone is at my shoulder I slow down and let him pass.

This was your first mistake he saw your courtuous driving as a weakness and exploited it before you could react.

OP here, this sounds about right

That's not defensive driving, user. That is not defensive driving at all

>Does this ricer go on the rest of the day with a moral victory thinking he blew me the fuck out?
Yes. yes he does. That is the mindset of ricers.

Yes. Should just run the Scion into parked cars. No survivors.

oh look, its the ricer from OPs story

Ricer race.
youtu.be/J6BA3wstTyA

Dude was being a fag, but you were a big fucking pussy in this instance.

So do you just let everyone over ever at a zipper merge, ricer?

Op's race