ITT: Niche cars that car enthusiasts like but normies think are horrible and crap

ITT: Niche cars that car enthusiasts like but normies think are horrible and crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XN7xIEb3nFU
youtube.com/watch?v=z1MxbxE402g
youtube.com/watch?v=nqAkN4FKNeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Toybaru twins.

everyone but Veeky Forums likes toyobaru.

Normies like those.

Some normie friends went to toyota to buy one in auto just because they liked how it looks but they said you sit too low to the ground, it's hard to get in the interior is cramped, the back seat is squishy and that you feel like you are sitting on the floor.

They also couldn't test drive it because they only had manual.

They came back saying the dealer recommended a camry to them. and that's what they will probably get.

My god, normies are truly disgusting.

Ugh.

>Wanting a Toyobaru because of how it looks rather than how it drives.

>Wanting it in Auto.

>Not being able to test drive it because can't drive stick.

>Disliking the low seating position.

>Muh interior space/comfort.

>Actually seeing a Camry as a reasonable alternative to mid FR sports car with low center of gravity and pedigree.

Can't you just kill these people, user?

Get them in a chink car or something, and then crash into them with a f450

>miata
>rx7/rx8
>240sx
>mr2

>you sit too low to the ground
I will never undertand why normies want to sit as high as possible.

RWD: Toyota Cressida
FWD: Dodge Neon ACR
AWD: Subaru Forester turbo

/thread

muh dick, in stock form only though, if you mod a starlet you really are missing the point

4th Gen Toyota Celicas

>Subaru Forester turbo

Was this EVER available stateside?

80s-90s toyotas, most normies dont know toyotas cars outside of the supra and ae86

yes? Forester XT

yeah they dont eat up Corollas Celicas or Camries

when was the last time you saw an 80s corolla driven by a fucking normie?

Yeah dude they called it the XT back in the early 00's

Idk about now but my gf had one and it would go neck and neck with v6 accords and mustangs which pissed off every hood rat stoplight racer lol

almost every day

I see old people with them all the time and unfortunate people stuck with shitty beaters like pic related

Basically all old JDM.

Can someone explain this meme to me?

That one is just completely overrated, especially when the normies get their hand on that absolutely disgusting kit featured in Tokyo Drift.

Not particularly the M3 but E30 and E36 in general

>iz gud car

The FD isn't overrated if you can afford to track it and actually take care of it.

Trust me, my cousin has one FD and 2 FCs and will refuse to buy anything else because it basically ruined his life lmfao.

But he let me drive it and unlike basically every other person that lets you try their car he will get upset if you don't redline it everytime you shift. This alone has such an impact on how the car feels. Also on the track when you push through corners everything about it just feels right. Sounds cool too.

I haven't had an experience like that memorable since I tried driving a WRX for the first time coming from my RWD shitboxes.

I was always skeptical of Mazda until I drove the RX7s. They are truly amazing for the 35k pricetag of a used vehicle and make you really wonder if the 90s were the golden age for sports cars... At least until we start seeing electric cars everywhere ;)

Normie who got an autotragic 86 here.
It's actually my DD so the power is just fine for city driving, also it's practical enough for everyday use. I don't drift and track my car so I think the engine is fine as it is
>inb4 kys
Also I really like the handling and its driving experience. Much funnier than a econobox on the street. Wish the front looks less aggressive tho.

Just because enthusiasts like them doesn't mean they aren't objectively horrible and crap. In fact it's probably more likely that they are crap.

Doesn't change the fact that the normies love it and that it does not fit this thread at all.
Also, 3 RX-7s? How can your cousin afford all of that fuel waste?

>3rd generation Honda civic wagon
>not crap

4th gen ED6 EF owner here

my friends 3rd gen wagon is pretty horrible compared to the 4th generation car

>TORSION BAR front suspension
>no independent rear suspension

Fox body Mustangs, "hurhur it's not a REAL Mustang".

He's an inner city lawyer. All his peers drive BMWs and Mercedes lol

K10 Nissan Micra

Only normies and lesbians like Foresters.

>Lawyer
That explains the obscene amounts of money needed to run an RX-7 as a daily.

I know dude I'm over here in my shitbox Silvia like craigslist searching uncracked dashes lol

Forester is pretty comfy.

Forester turbos are cool though, and normies and lesbos don't give a shit about turbo cars nor are they going to want to maintain a 10+ year old turbo Subaru.

Came here to mention Turbo Mopars in general, those things are much better than what normies and especially Veeky Forums claims.
Not only are they quick and stupid reliable in stock form, you can run a hilarious amount of boost on those things and still keep it going for years to come.
The Turbo II engines have an insane amount of torque too.

1964 Myers Manx
It's a VW Beetle with the body lifted off amd a fiberglass body bolted on.

I didn't want to say this because I don't want them to go up in value but
>90's corolla and Camry

The American answer to the oriental innovation is even worse.

so, in sweden this car has to fill the role of a Ferrari, a BMW 5 series and a pick up if you want to buy domestic

And the turbo sort of does half of all that.

>half of all that
>implying

What am I missing? I have a 97 Camry and it doesn't really seem great

Ive seen one once in the wild (Canada)

It was just screaming along.

>this user doesn't know kek
Look at this user take inspiration P.s. 90's corollas are pretty lightweight +engine swap a 3sgte or a blacktop 4age and you'll have a zippy corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=XN7xIEb3nFU

Spacious. I would buy that over an Audi R series ANY DAY.

All these cars today look like utter shit, seriously. No character or class, they've literally become peasant-mobiles

What was really bad was chrysler's attempt to make a successor to this car.

...And pretty much everything else chrysler touched with AMC/Jeep.

Last time normies drove 80s Corolla's, the twin towers where still standing.

The Eagle Premier was actually an AMC-modified Renault 25. It just didn't make it into production until after Chrysler bought AMC. Say what you will about the Premier but its platform was the basis for the legendary LH-body cars.

no meme. 240s are actually badass little tanks and simple as shit to work on and upgrade. Also giant ass american V8 swaps.

post selfie pls

>not appreciating the literal BEST GEN Camry

The normies are right in these cases
they're all crap

Any pre-1990 German car that isn't rare or valuable like the E30 and W123

>>rx7/rx8
Sadly, a lot of the rx8s being sold now are from normalfags. I year ago I was trying to find a rx8 in good condition and the sellers I talked to really had no idea what you needed to do to maintain the rotary engine. People getting oil changes every 10k miles, never letting the engine warm up, 100k+ miles on the engine and never changing the spark plugs. It's a miracle some of them made it to 110k miles.

this. but also hippies love them so you can find some with infinite miles on them that weren't raced at every stoplight its a good used car to get into

also the 97-99

gm cuck detected

They're shit.

Also goes for traditional domestic landyachts in general. Either you love them or hate them

I test rode one at some crappy used dealer in the town over. It drove alright at first, but when I found a more lonely straight I gave it the go and actually felt the moment something in the turbo go wrong. Limped it back to the dealer and told him I thought it had trouble holding boost... never saw it on the lot again

Lol. Reminds me of a time I test drove some Arab dudes old 740 turbo volvo. It was a 5 speed and those are rare. He upgraded the turbo, it had a cam, and some other shit done to it. Anyway he didn't come on the test drive with me or anything.

I get on a straight and start getting on it. The turbo spooled up and I was like YEAHHHH! its not bad then all of a sudden POP and no more boost. It's like the turbo just died all of a sudden.

I limped it back to him and told him I'd buy it tomorrow when the banks open. I got like 50 text messages from him the next day saying shit like "Are you going to buy buddy?" And then the next day when he figured out I wasn't going to buy his broken ass shit he was pissed as hell and kept saying "WHERE IS MY BOOST BUDDY?" YOU KILLED MY TURBO!

Never did know what happened to it.

Kek well done

>angry at you
>still calls you buddy

Sounds like half assed turbo upgrade installed and driven by someone who has no idea about turbos. He'd fit right in on Veeky Forums

seriously

dude probably doesn't even have a boost controller setup

realistically the only time your turbo should blow up like that is on a dyno or at the track

otherwise in normal driving the only thing to worry about is overheating and long term damage from shutting the car off immediately when done driving. best way to spot an newbie is watch someone roll up showing off their BOV with the clutch in and then immediately turning the car off after parking

You guys suck at this.

There is this literal autistic retard called Ian Kelly who cosplays as takumui and thinks his camry is a touge machine.

Maximum fucking cringe but I can;t pay him out on it because the retard would ban me from the group.

There is this literal autistic retard who cosplays as takumui and thinks his camry is a touge machine.

Maximum fucking cringe but I can;t pay him out on it because the retard would ban me from the group.

youtube.com/watch?v=z1MxbxE402g

youtube.com/watch?v=nqAkN4FKNeY

Normies missed that too

I didn't realise he was just a kid.

This kind of explains why he is so retarded...

>IDH member

Wrong thread?

Am I the only IDH member who thinks that model camry as a touge car is retarded but keeps quiet because they don't want to be banned?

Those camrys have such terrible loose steering and are beyond saving as anything but reliable transport.

Seriously they have the sloppiest power out of any car I have ever driven.

Dodge neon acr is just the normal neon with a 2.4 swap correct?

I'd like the think Ian isn't that petty but he's far from impartial. I've been banned from other car groups for less. As for the car I can't speak for myself

The first gen ACRs were literally just a base model with alloy wheels

sleepers in general really

Volvo masterrace

Terrible. Get a proper supermini instead.

Don't they sell any Aygos or 500s in America? What about the up?

I don't get the appeal

>tfw usa will never get the up gti
feels sad

the most significant difference was that there was no drum brake in the back

also iirc i've never seen a sedan acr, they were apparently all coupes? idk a know a guy that used to track one and it was suprisingly agile

Put Twingo headlights into your car

>my car
>shitty beater

sad_crying_cat.jpg

I'm genuinely curious what is SO BAD about Aztek it became a fucking "le aztek is bad"-meme?

At the time it was released, its looks were beyond bad. Remember this was before crossovers were a thing. Now, most cars look like this bloated, piece of shit. Crossovers are a cancer, Aztek was just the first strain of it.

iirc they came with factory sway bars and koni yellow shocks

basically build specifically to compete in stock class auto-x

why keep the K engine in there ?
and the stock suspension def has to go

WHY DID YOU GET IT N AUTOMATIC?

I DD mine, it's awful in auto so I was smart enough to buy it in manual

>stock suspension gives comfy ride, fun handling in a 'reaches limits at 40 mph' way
>k engine is revvy, willing and gives good economy even when pushed hard, most fun can be had under the speed limit
>overall starlet is a fun small car

no, what i need to do is change the handling, engine swap a 4age meme engine and maybe strip it out, why spend all that money and time when you could get a mr2 or celica?

why buy one of the best small cars out then and then make it a sub-standard sportscar, i don't understand