whatever doesn't really matter

Everything you really need desu

screwdrivers
space for your fluids
extension cords
tool drawer/bag

preferably a big and a small one

Wrong brand feggit, you should get a black bull to do all drilling

I'm surprised no one has posted an engine hoist or engine stand that people only end up using once every 2 decades. Unless you have a MR car.

One of these are so damned good when you do a lot of wheel swaps, large bolts and whatnot

The rat-tail is probably THE grinder to own.

z i p t i e s

Not without these to go with it

I'm probably a stupid fuck for rarely using mine, unless I'm gonna be actually under it...

how could you guys forget

see

*rounds bolt*
psh… nothin personnel…

My small flathead is probably one of my most used tools

more like
>twists new stud in place to put a bolt on with a socket
or
>gives you extra bite to get that cocksucking crossmember to line up with the bolt hole

I use a 3/8s snapon with the full set of 3/8s snap on impact shit
Haven't run into anything that it can't take right out beyond shitty Jeep wheel lugs that need a breaker bar or a new stud once i'm done with the breaker bar

Gotta have it

these are trash, why the fuck would you post this lol

They're alright for crimping butt connectors, but this kind of wire stripper is god-tier. Love mine.

I like them for the simple, quick jobs. Cheap, and doesn't take up space in a toolbox

I prefer these tho

>400 dollars plus tip

>insulated crimps
Ew, no thank you.
This is what I use for all my wiring.

Grease gun
Towels

why that kind of lift?

So you can do suspension work?

No wonder all your cars try to kill you.
>select all mountains or hills

Don't act like you're too good for one.

I only have a stupidly big one, as I have every pipe between 3mm and 32mm, and most wrenches in the same size. Rarely need anything bigger than 32mm, but every now and then something stupidly huge comes up

mini-lathes are stupid. Just buy a used full-sized one on craigslist

i dont like suspension work on a lift. only really helps if you do leaf springs

coolant comes out the toolpost on that one? and thats a shitty toolpost. at least get one with a DRO and BXA one.

Had to use a 60" pipe wrench near everyday at my last job, often with a 6 foot snipe just to get some bolts loose.

Had yuge adjustable wrenches to match but we rarely used them because they weighed so much.

I dont miss that shit.

Do not use.

I opened the picture just to insure that the pipe wrench was a rigid and indeed it was. I am satisfied.

Useless when something like this exists.

Except you're a fucking idiot. I'm not defending MrCrummy but if you use any other type of strippers you're an idiot. And having a non dedicated crimper is also retarded. Stop trying to use the swissarmy knife of electrical tools.

>if you use any other type of strippers you're an idiot
Sure thing.

>Too dumb to know what wire he's working with
Those are unreliable, bulky, and just not a dream to work with.
A lot of casuals who do things like car audio like them.

I love these things

For when you're just sick of that rusted bolts shit

>Paying the premium for snap-on instead of getting Matco
Why tho?

Oops forgot pic

I bought one for my tool set only to find out that most A&P shops only allow automatic wire strippers.

Umm that's a wrench sweetie

Two of these tables or what you'd call'em

Aye - but ones especially for brake lines/fuel lines

Fug

Get a six inch and you can use the insanely wonderful 6" cutting discs. I've cut 1/2" steel plate (slowly) and truck axles among other things.

Don't forget to get a crows foot set for torquing lines. Also a separate set of 3/8 drive 12 point sockets or 1/4 drive 12 point sockets. If you are an aviation tech you will have to deal with Pratt & Whitney engines which almost use 12 point nuts and bolts exclusively.

I did

Knipex is god's gift to man

I've used much safer aluminum wheel rims (steel works too but aluminum is nicer, lighter and doesn't rust) instead of jack stands for thirty years. I gave my jack stands and ramps away long ago. I work on cars, trucks, and trailers.

You can nest smaller into larger rims for more height and use 4x4 or larger wood blocks etc for shimming. Thousands of cars and trucks are stored in salvage yards on rims because they are stable even on earth and don't tip.

I have a Snap-on adjustable thats got the slickest action I've ever used. A properly applied (preload the thumbscrew with your thumb) Crescent-style adjustable wrench has less backlash than an open end wrench.

Those are called saw horses, and your wrenches are called flare nut wrench, or sometimes line wrenches.

I have a pair of those for when I work on my guitar

This one for sure

>cutcuck
Discusting

Noted down - thanks mate

>Aye

Look at you being all Scottish.

Literally only use these to hold up hoods that have blown-out struts.

Could that really be enjoyable to have fast rotating object inside of you?

This is nice for doing stuff.

air compressor

>matco
>80% of the price
>doesn't auto jerk you off every time you use it

Also the matco man never came to my garage, we only had the snapon guy

what would you use these for

They're amazing for scratching my ass.

what is it

what do you guys use for clamping off coolant lines while you change a pump

These, I like them better than the plastic with collar type

What I use. Love these things also those klein crimpers mrcrummy has are awesome to use.

Matco isn't even cheaper anymore, aside from boxes everything is about the same price as Snap On

90 degree pick is one of my most used tools. Undoing connectors, pulling trim out, cleaning seal troughs, really useful tool.

That's called a sawhorse

Surprisingly?

A lot.
Top one is great for getting hoses off that are comfortable in their place.

>gets used more for fuckery than actual work

What's the advantage of this over just using an air compressor?

Adjustable pry bar.

It says on the bottle, it's for seating beads on tires. It flows way more air than a shop compressor through plumbed lines can, look at the size of the valve compared to a normal air chuck

You've never tried to do it without the valve and without the chuck?

It's not a one or the other thing, you try to seat it normally, if it won't seat you use the bead seater. Some large tires are a huge pain to do without the bead seater. I don't work on trucks so I rarely need it though.

So what part of this tool makes it a requirement for a home mechanic?

A bottle of blue loctite is always handy.

>not using red + impact everywhere

It's useless for a home mechanic

And why is it in this thread?

It appears somebody posted it

>Actually using stands

What a waste of time, the only times I use stands is when I'm leaving a car overnight. If I'm doing a simple job like changing brakes or something, jacks are fine
>le hydraulic leak meme
What's it like being retarded and unable to maintain your tools, or notice a pool of fluid around it?

>Spend $30 on a pair of solid steel stands
or
>naw dawg I trust this little rubber o-ring to stop a car from dropping on my head

Please be a stancefag, because we need more of you dead.