Stupid anime car eat shit

Do people genuinely like the fucking (((AE86))) for any reason other than that animeme

Why do you care what people think?

I liked it before I watched or even knew what Initial D really was but I have a thing for Toyota's of that era.

I like the notchback one, the coupe is a bit sporty for me, never seen the animu anyway, I have an 80s car thing but I do think it's posteda bout too much

ya same, I have a huge hard-on for 80's toyotas.
corolla, supra, cressida, crown, cresta, soarer... toyota just nailed it every time with those cars. Too bad they lost it in the late 90s, but at least it looks like they're starting to make fun cars again

It's still a cool looking 80s car desu

It's aesthetic.

>((()))

Dumb, autistic /pol/yp, go back to your cesspool

Yeah the Celica Mk.III and II is what gave me my love for old Toyota's, the AE86 reminded me of a tiny Mk.III as a kid so I liked it. Even if I lean Nissan especially in the 90s, 80s and early 90s toyota hold a sentimental place in my heart, if only because I was raised around a few.

Drive one that is properly set up and youll see why people love it.

Pay no mind to initial D or its fans.

It's Keiichi Tsuchiya favorite car. (pic related is his)

and he is a retired Super JGTC drive that has driven shit ton of different types of cars yet he prefers a lightweight late 80s RWD shitbox.

>retired Super JGTC drive

driver*

>NA
>RWD
>Light
>Manual
>Minimal electric jewery
>80s aesthetic

How could you not want one?

86 was in Initial D because it was popular, not the other way around.

Yes. Vidya. Gran Turismo 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero for me. There's much faster cars in each gam, but the 86 is just cool. Plus, there's a cool unlockable tuned version in GT3

>TXR

Rolling Guys were GOAT 86 team. AE wasn't that bad in 3 when you got an engine swap for stuff, could eat the C1 up.

>112 hp

>any not kept in a condition that's completely wrecked have their prices 10x higher than they should be because lol initial d xd

Why the fuck would I ever want one? Sorry, I'm not a stupid 16 year old who needs to decide what his first car should be after watching Initial D.

This

>112 hp
USA problems

>the USA actually has standards for vehicles

>weeb gets angry because his Jap shit is inferior

Sounds about right.

BMW Drivers.... am i right?

desu if you want an 86 just buy a miata if ur a teenager looking for a first car it's basically everything you supposedly like about the 86 except it isn't a special snowflake car

people like it because it's a great car.
Why isn't it in QTDDAT

>Why the fuck would I ever want one? Sorry, I'm not a stupid 16 year old who needs to decide what his first car should be after watching Initial D.
you answered yourself with
>112 hp

And you don't want it because you're a stupid 15 year old who needs to descide his car based on the most worthless metric.

this NA is pretty much open top non wedge ae86 from different manufacturer.
They are incredebly close.

>17303685
Apart from the soft top, fewer seats, different styling...

You know
The same car

ae86 vs miat is nearly a mirror match and is 20k cheaper.

I think you might be confused about how things are or are not the same

The Feds detuned everything foreign and then demanded stupid safety and emissions bullshit be installed.

Fuck off.

>handicapped parking spot
>MB and BMW
>third BMW squeezed between

German cars, not even once.

Thankfully I drive an Opel.

It's 80's JDM, you can never go wrong with pre-2000 JDM.

>Americans constantly mock Europeans for having engine displacement taxes
>they say while their cars get detuned because of (((emissions)))

>Super JGTC

yeah, fuck the govt, we don't need seat belts, we need leaded fuel back

You're not using the ebin le bracket maymay properly, bud.

Also, you are but a gay baby.

>someone who has never been in an legtimate race car let alone Super JGTC race car

IT was a great rally car.

Get the k-swap to make your car go seriously fast. Rev hard, drift safe. One love. Peace out.

fuck your picture

\that and they're more reliable too

I've never seen one
celica mk3 and mk4 are more common

Well I like them a lot, and I've never even watched an episode of Initial D.

Why is hachiroku jewish now?

4A-GE's are a lot more reliable than NB Miata engiens, it's just that AE86's have been the car to thrash since forever.

Beautiful man.

I saw an 86 in person for the first time today, and of course it was an Initial D themed Trueno. I gotta say, it looks pretty fucking good in person.

lol they didn't just lose it in the late 90s. There is a reason.
>USA mandates OBDII in 1995
ALL fun cars except for high sellers like the MX5 (had a massive redo for '95) were discontinued. Supra, MR2, RX7, etc. ALL discontinued in the US in 1995. In 2001 OBDII was mandated in Japan. The last of the good cars were discontinued then. It was expensive to redesign every car to meet OBD specs, discontinuation was easier. 2000s was utter garbage because Japan was still going through the lost decade then 2008 financial crisis hit. Too risky to make low volume cars. And here we are today, with companies finally starting to take risks again like with the GT86. But modern tech means autos, driver aid, etc.

I like the car but this is just pure cringe

Those cars only existed because of the bubble economy and it's only natural that the products would become less popular in the '90s. It wasn't the cost of OBD compliance, it was Japan's economic condition.

also the MX5's "massive redo" didn't come until 1998, Mazda basically produced the exact same vehicle from 1989 to 2005 with only bodywork changes and construction improvements.

OBD is the reason so many cars were discontinued. And companies didn't want to redo them. If OBD was never mandated, without a doubt, a lot of the cars would have continued to be sold until atleast the 2008 financial crisis. I made a mistake. The 1994 model introduced a new engine and had an internal redo in preparation for OBDII, with the 96 model switching from OBDI to OBDII.

Clean as hell, great taste user.

The first time I saw one was at the track. I talked to the guy who told me he stripped it out and put a roll cage in it and after everything was said and done, it weight ~1600 pounds. He did do engine work and modified the exhaust but he had to remain street legal per track specifications. I remember the sound it made was fantastic. And I thought it was a great little car with attitude that holds true to this day. Even if there are faster cars out there, it is a car that made its place in auto history and I will always like it for that.

>also
Yes, I am into Eurobeat and have since seen Initial D.

It was cheap new, it was my mom's first new car. Had a 5speed and digital dash and it was a Levin notchback my mom used to hoon around in it with me in the back. And it was panda colored back in 1986 when my pops painted it that way.

I drive the meme car in gta online, last time I ever saw someone driving one was like 2 years ago and I have like 2k hours on that game.

RX7, S13, Trueno, S2000 are the best anime cars ever made in animeland

He also has a leman win too

>inb4 a class win isnt a win

This is my daily. Its got the 4a-GZE supercharged engine cut out of an mr2 and refitted north-south. Im not a racer or any of that shit just a nice ride.

engine bay is cluttered to fuck.

I wanted an AE86 before I even knew about Initial D or what it was even famous for. I started finding myself into 80s cars with pop-ups about a year and a half ago and I learned about it from Drift Stage.

Really reading up on them and learning all about them just cemented my love for the car even further and made me want one more.

They're just good little cars. Small, nimble, still fairly reliable, and they sound amazing. Most owners aren't autistic about Initial D. A lot of the community around here is Puerto Rican because they were very popular down there.

I think Veeky Forums hates them because of the price tag. You really should only get one of these cars if you're really into them and will take good care of it. I'm leaving mine mostly stock minus some bolt ons and the suspension.

As autistic as it sounds, I wouldn't be complete without my AE86. I only wish I learned about these cars sooner.

How do you daily that thing? are you ever worried someone is just going to jack that thing?

I bought an MR2 AW11 just so I could distant myself from the cancerous anime following it has, other than that it's an amazing car, but I'd be embarrased to drive one.

faceplant?

Wasn't that the one that was up on Carsales for about 6 months for $10k?

If/When I get one I'm gonna slap a rolling guy sticker on it.

He has two class wins and one of those was 2nd overall.

Thanks gents, appreciate that. It's just a constant work in progress.

Wut? Nah, I thought he had an red AUDM Sprinter. Been a long ass time since I've heard that name though.

Le I dont want it beacus i am of poor americum cuntry end cannot aford

He just bought one back from japan actually

they do the exact same thing with different approach.

that's kind of the reason I don't drive mercs, bmws and especially audis.
Cancerous following and embarassing to drive those shitheaps.
Not even a free mint 850 or m3 would change my mind.

redpill me on importing weebmobiles to Canada
I was driving to Walmart and saw an imported AE86. How much did this guy spend to end up with one of those here?

[Eurosport Intensifies]

Why do you care so much what other people think? If something is good and enjoyable it's good and enjoyable, period. Why would you deny yourself pleasure over what some fuckwad thinks? That's normie-think, user. You're better than that.

You in Australia mate?

I'd say get an Evo 5 or something just because I can't tbqh

I don't actually want one. I'm just curious how much these weebs spend on their LARPmobile.