Why do these engines produce so much heat...

Why do these engines produce so much heat? Why does the Camaro ZL1 need more heat exchangers than a Bugatti Veyron just to stay cool? Why does the Z06 go into limp mode after a couple hot laps?

My limited knowledge of aerodynamics tells me that having a large displacement should give you more surface area to dissipate heat. Yet, this 6.2L engine needs 11 oil coolers to stay chill, while the Ford GT makes the same HP from 3.5L and can complete the 24 Hours at LeMans.

I too want to know.
Bump

doesn't matter in the end

this

Bump

because they're overdriving the supercharger. if they just used a bigger one it wouldn't have caused any problems.

Tganks mane

Z06 at least has a cat next to the oil cooler. Cat relocate/delete and/or heatshield fixes the problem. Supercharger also contributes to heat soak. Otherwise heat exchangers can be for diff, trans, etc.

Fpbp

GM is quite literally AMD of cars

Nah, people actually buy GM products, despite them being overheating uncompetitive shit.

>TFW you have both a GM truck and AMD computer parts.

This is the fourth time the computer has died this year. Luckily still under warranty, but when they shipped it back after this "repair" it still won't even turn on.

They've replaced the CPU, RAM, HDD, motherboard and power supply, and it's still broke

pretty much what this user said
I dont know all the ins and outs of the corvette so im not sure if theyre able to drop the engine an inch or two and shove a bigger supercharger in there

Kek wtf

Built my first pc 2 years ago and it still works just fine. What parts do you have that give you problems?

I have an amd gpu and an intel cpu

Part mixing nigger

still using the same 8350 i've had for like 5 years..and a 16 camaro ss. maybe spend more than 30 bucks on a motherboard next time.

me irl

GMC motors run off pure rage. So you're going to get a lot of heat.

>he doesnt know how to use AMD
>4.5GHZ of fx8350 housefire running for 5 years straight now

hell the only thing my computer had an issue with was the 30$ chink biostar board i slapped that fucking thing on couldnt take the heat and voltage and the vrms threatened to melt down

No problems with mine..love it!

The engine is making million+ dollar supercar power from an engine barely bigger than a miata engine. Things are going to get a little toasty if you stick it in a hot hole that's also heated by the exhaust. It's not the engines fault.

>MUH BRAND LOYALDEE

enjoy your broken pc

>tfw running a glorious undervolted overclock on my RX480
>tfw smart enough to avoid GM

So terrible engineering?

>AMD
>GM

Arizona?

F1 engines are even smaller and make twice the power and can run at full power for hours at a time...

So...

Gm a shit

>nah
>gm products overheat and aren't competitive, just like amd

choose 1

F1 engines cost literally millions of dollars

And last one race before being rebuilt or scrapped

That's only Hondas
The rest can do 4

Both 100% incorrect. When they switched from the 1900 on the ZR1 C6 to the 1740 on the Z06 C7 it actually moved the operating point of the supercharger to a more efficient part of the map. Yes they had to spin it faster but the efficiency of the blower increased. They were way oversized on the ZR1. The C7 Z06 just did not have the frontal cross sectional area to accommodate all the new coolers. Hence why they added all those damn vents in the thing. Also euro safety standards meant a 2" gap from the top of the supercharger to the hood which meant they had to bump the hood and squish the top intercooler area in the supercharger. This led to suboptimal flow.

T. Ex Eaton s/c engineer.

>What parts do you have that give you problems?
I don't know. I don't know shit about computers, all I know is that shit breaks and I ship it back under warranty. Then more shit breaks

>Prezo got triggered

lol

Reminder

>they
>components that obviously aren't AMD

Sounds like you got jewed. Direct your anger at the builder and build your own PC next time faggot.

What stops people from taking a $60 oil cooler and strapping it to the front of the rad for more cooling displacement?

what was stopping GM from doing so?

Nothing, And most people do. Most people don't keep their vette's stock for long. That's the beauty of American cars. They encourage you to modify it instead of being a production cuck.

>american cars are so shit you literally cannot use them unless you re-engineer them
>amerilards think this is a good thing
Lmao delusional

>have to fix the mess done by some retarded bean counter
>not peak cuckoldry

Do you also fix the mess Tyrone did on your girl's pussy?

This is the realest post I've seen on Veeky Forums in a while but no one is going to give a shit because it's not memes.

GM is the EA of cars.

>Buys up smaller companies that are doing cool things on their own
>Forces them to tow the company line, they stop doing what made them attractive to customers in the first place
>Kills the companies when their own mismanagement has made them unprofitable, or turns them into a domestic market brand name for rebadged foreign cars

Thanks, though I still have to correct myself...The ls9 (C6 ZR1) had the 2300 and the lsa (CTSV, Camaro ZL1)had the 1900. The 2300 blower is good for 800+ horsepower. Which means they were bypassing most of the air that thing was pumping out, further reducing the efficiency of the unit.

Pic related shows how tightly packaged the top intercooler cover was. I suppose post-compressor pressure drop isn't as big of an issue but man that flow path is shit especially towards the front of the engine. (Also lol at David Kimble trying to draw supercharger rotors)

what mobo you use? i run a 6350.. couldn't pony up the$ at the time, but it's been great to me too

lmao

because you don't track it and you might be a 60yr old just cruising around your town looking for 14yr olds

except AMD products sell like shit, just look at their market share
meanwhile people still buy gm products, even if they have the same problems as AMD products (overheating and underperforming)
that's the difference I was getting at

If you can tolerate the noise the reference r9 290 could run at 2 GHz but anyway the card won't be stable.