imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changing-of-the-guard-an-update-from-otherworld.56207/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In an early game. Want to delve into underground desert for chest contents, but only have cactus gear + grenades. So I don't think I'd survive very long with all those antlion mobs. Anyone got any tips for surviving there in early game?

Do the same thing people did in the temple. Make "rooms" you can close by placing blocks. That way, monsters won't be able to get to you, except for the worm. I don't know how to deal with the worm.

Yeah, that thing's a bitch since it can 1-shot or 2-shot you in early game. It'd be nice if we could freeze those guys somehow, to make them easier for a new character to kill them. Still, your idea should work for the other enemies. I guess mobility will be better than damage and defense until I can upgrade my gear, then.

I wonder what double-digit reply count we'll reach this time

10-20

Wow, I wish I could build like that.

Someone share their hardcore struggles.

I died on the second night and immediately lost all hope. I barely managed softcore expert mode so this seems impossible. Only trick I know is to save life crystals because the eye will rape you on the second night if you use them early.

Saved by /rlg/!
Please don't die. I just got back into Terraria

You can just leave your world and then enter and the eye will have disappeared.

I've gotten up to moonlord on my hardcore : underground only playtrough
>You can just leave your world and then enter and the eye will have disappeared.
why even play a "difficult" mode then

shitty hanging gardens base

don't die thread

The trick is to make everything as square as possible. I'm sure you can build your own commieblock user!

Not really. One single row of platforms is enough.

Why delet?

Didn't know there was a Terraria general.

Too square, man. Try rounding up the edges a bit.

Don't get your hopes up for posting, we've had like 6 threads in a row die before 50 posts.
If we had more regular servers we might be a bit more active, but alas, it is not so.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changing-of-the-guard-an-update-from-otherworld.56207/
T:OW is more than confirmed for vaporware at this point.

>After taking a good hard look at everything, we feel that a new and fresh start/direction is the only way Otherworld will ever reach its full potential at this point.
Fucking yay.

>servers
The only server I play on is a roleplay server

terraria-servers
/server/2532/

I could feel the collective sigh of relief from the Terraria playerbase when I saw that line. Otherworld looked fucking terrible, graphically speaking.

For early hardmode when crafting ore armors, as a wizard or ranged, is it better to stack defense and craft the melee armor, or to craft the set that correspond to your weapons ?

Except it looks good. I doubt they were talking about the looks when they said that the quality was not what they wanted.

Defense is useless in hardmode. Go full offense and learn to dodge.

>Defense is useless in hardmode.
I'll fight you for those shit words

It's the truth. The only time it is useful is when you go full retard with it. Pre-hardmode defense is actually useful, since 10 damage reduction out of a 50 damage attack is quite something, but in hardmode 10 damage reduction from a 100 damage attack is nothing. You're going to die in the same amount of hits if you have full warding accessories or full menacing accessories, so you might as well go with menacing.

We'll be popular again when Otherworld is released, r-right

The earth might have been destroyed by the sun by the time otherworld gets released, user.

>10 damage reduction is good in pre-hardmode but isn't good in hardmode
wow what a shocker

_ ____ __ ____ ___ ______

Best Mods?

Googly Eye mod

Not sure.
We were super active after 1.2's release. When 1.3 was released we got a tiny bit of activity and quickly regressed to what we're at now.

Otherworld being an entirely new game with new things to discover might change that.

You really think THIS looked good? It looks like a mobile game. There's not enough contrast, it just doesn't look right. Look at the hotbar for fuck's sake.

Man, Thorium is a blessing.
>Can be made at any Anvil
>Can make rooms with no restriction to furnishings so you don't have to have 1 "Table," 1 "Comfort Item," and a Light Source
Nice.

This thread is so going to die, but here's a bump

Ooooh man, I want this. But I don't want the rest of Thorium...

Holy shit, this is still alive?

>Can't remember most of the item combinations
>Check wiki for Magma Stone combos
>Hardly any at all
>Remember things like Ankh Charm's family tree exist
You'd think something simple like a melee fire effect would be added into one of the other multi-recipe shitstorms.

Pretty new to this game, and playing on expert mode. Should I fight the eater of worlds above ground or below ground? The body segments can't spit when they are moving through blocks right?

>Expert mode while still new
I admire your balls

As for EoW, put platforms above ground. No more surprise vertical attacks, no more attacks from the side, a lot more chances to hit him, less chance of his jumps hitting you etc. The Vile Spit will be a much bigger problem that way though, so you'll have to keep moving. It'll be a problem even if you do it in an underground arena though, so I don't see many ways to avoid that.
If you can, get Vilethorn and/or as much meteorite as you can grab. Full space armour gives you infinite Space Gun, so it's great for a lot of pre-hardmode, and Vilethorn is just a good piercing weapon in general.

>expert mode when new

It was suffering at first and a very steep learning curve, but I kinda got the hang of it now. I tried above ground with space armor and the vile spit blew me the fuck out. How many levels of platforms should I have? I kept getting encircled by the Worm and then spit came at me in 5 different directions.

Enough that he has serious trouble jumping over you. When you're underground, he can keep doing that from all directions without slowing down so it's just worse.

K thanks, I wasn't sure how high above the corruption I could go before he despawns

He'll only leave once the background has changed (i.e. the biome has changed from Corrupt to something else) for too long, although obviously it's best not to risk it too often.

Ah ok, guess I'm dynamiting down from the surface then to make room

How do you remove it if you can't see it?

Very carefully

You break it when you're tearing down walls.

> you have to tear down the walls in order to undo a house
That sounds shitty.

>Start building village for a new playthrough
>Got corruption, later discover that the corruption spawned in the middle of my jungle
>Move all my buildings to a new world with Crimson
>Go to the jungle
>Crimson in the middle of the jungle

How so? You can right-click the NPC banner to boot them out, and you have to destroy a house anyway if you want to redo it.

I've noticed that most new worlds have corruption/crimson in the jungle, at least on large worlds; seems pretty rare not to, for some reason.

>sitting on corruption
>farming the the biome key
>frozen key drops
I think floor of snow blocks was a mistake.

Post shit you did as a newbie
>Read that after hardmode there's huge stripes of corruption/hallow
>All the corruption and hallow infect your wolrd much more faster in hardmode
>panic.jpg
>Decide to create containement zone across ALL the cavern/underground layer for my home and the jungle
>Spent more than 30 hours to create square patern of tunnels anti-corruption
>Kill the Wall of Flesh, begin hardmode
>tfw all my work got fucked by the new stripes of corruption/hallow

Started playing at launch. The only things I knew were from watching paperbatVG's alpha let's play.

>horrified of corruption so i build a giant wall around it and a bridge over it
>defeated EoW long after skeletron

>horrified of the new hardmode mobs and potion sickness
>boxed myself in and used a vilethorn to slowly traverse the underground
It's still my favourite weapon. Stunlocking enemies is pretty cool.

>grind for hours trying to get full cobalt gear so I could fly for ages with the rocket boots
>patch comes out shortly after launch that replaces drop-only cobalt armor with craftable jungle armor

>hornets rip me to pieces in the hardmode jungle
>decide I should just fight enraged planetera with gravity potions instead of building an arena
>waste hours dying to a bullet hell monstrosity
>give up and build an arena, defeat plantera on the first try, taking spent hours searching for the underground jungle on a large world
>this was at launch so there was no aboveground jungle
>too stupid to realise that the giant patch of mud on the surface was the 'underground' jungle

I also tried making an above ground mushroom biome and was confused as to why the blue grass wasn't spreading.

Think a house built here for the Demolitionist could look cool?

Yes, but it all depends on how good it looks.

bump

>>grind for hours trying to get full cobalt gear so I could fly for ages with the rocket boots
>>patch comes out shortly after launch that replaces drop-only cobalt armor with craftable jungle armor

Oh god, for me that was
>Grind forEVER to get a Rod of Discord
>Revel in my incredible power, even convert all my houses to not have doors because doors are for non-mage plebs
>Patched RoD about a week after I got it, I think

Fuck I loved unpatched RoD.

Other newbie shit was working inanely hard to get Magic Missile (my first world only genned one of them in the whole dungeon), and I still use it because its fun.

>Magic Missile

I actually tried to find the old sprite a few days ago, it used to look like a purple dildo.

I wish there was a way to play older versions of the game, like how MC does it.

It also had that rad rainbow particle trail.

>replying without having read the chain
Kill you are self.

>replying to a post 18 hours ago
Edit CharacterSelection.cs

>my life revolves around Veeky Forums
This is just sad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Really want to play Terraria
>Can't think of anything I haven't done
>Nothing I want to build
>Just wander around a while then quit

Fuck man. I love this game. I don't want to be bored of it. Maybe I should just not play for a long time? Then when I come back it'll feel fresh?

>tfw I can come back every month and love it still
I think installing mods was a mistake though, way too much shit added that I'll expect whenever I play vanilla

The trick with mods is to just install one cluster fuck mod, thorium for example, and that's it

>Generated a new world
>Corruption
>Just to the left of spawn, less than 200 blocks is a huge-ass Corruption hole shitting flying annoying at me
>To the right, 400 blocks away, is a sheer drop into a desert
>Too lazy to even consider finding out everything else wrong
>New world
>Crimson
>One spot far to the right
>One spot far to the left~100 blocks into the Desert right after my Jungle and ends a good bit before the Beach
>Is only a Medium world and is almost perfect
Feels good, mang.

>Not installing Thorium, Calamity, and Spirit for the clusterfuck that is everything

>not combining nTerraria, RPG leveled mod and tModLoader
>then adding thorium, calamity and spirit whilist praying to god that you don't hit the 3GB memory limit

Anyone got a list of the best tree's and background for t-edit? I've got it mostly perfect but there's a few thing off still.

I like this meme

Do you perhaps wish you could meme like that?

bimpu bumpo

Wow, I wish I could bump like that.

It's not very convincing so far.

It looks like the entrance to a mine or a dungeon, but it's floating in the air.

This is a pretty fair point.
Add some dirt walls up to the outer support.

How about if I do this?
The room is a house as is, I shoved everything into the doorway and painted it shadow, so I don't need to worry about housing stuff.

Nice general terraria fags. I see it has barely any posts, just like shitaria has barely any players. Our minecraft general has gone through multiple threads since this one started, but I guess good games just provoke a lot of discussion. You're welcome to join us as soon as you feel like playing an actually good game.