How hard is it to get a driving licence in your c/o/untry?

>19 yo
>Hungary

to have a driving licence, you have to:
>apply for a thoritical driving exam (you have 55 multiple choice questions about the rules of driving)
>of course before you can get to the exam you have to go to theoritical driving school for 2 weeks, because the exam is fucking expensive so you don't want to fuck up
>finally pass the theoritical exam, yay
>you now have to pass the medical requirements (very basic, blood pressure and good mental conditions)
>next step: you have to pass the first aid exam at your local red cross office
>the first aid exam costs 2x as much as the theoritical exam, so you join a 2-hour crash-course at the red cross
>you finally pass the first aid exam
>FINALLY GET TO DRIVE A CAR
>just joking, you have to wait 1-3 months so that you get a driving teacher with a car
>pay a fuckton of money
>to apply for the driving exam you have to drive 30 hours AND 580km.
>the price only contains the 30 hours, and because the teachers have to make a living out of it,they rarely let you out of the city, so you have to buy at least 5 more driving hours for another shitload of money
>you finally have the 580km required
>the driving exam has come
At this point, it mostly depends on your skills.
As you can see, getting a driving licence here takes AT LEAST 6 months. How about you guys?

>UK

Pretty similar, except you don't get medically checked

>cali
>take mutiple choice test and get a permit (less than 50 i believe)
>ask my family to teach me (0 dollars)
>pay and take test (3 tries) (i forgot how much it cost)

Boom then you get yohr license. Probably why there is so many bad drivers here.

>Probably why there is so many bad drivers here

Op here. With all the mentioned setbacks i've mentioned, we have our fair share of retards on the streets too. Pedestrians on the sidewalk get flattened daily for no real reason, just because a bank assistant in his first car Audi A8 can't handle 50 km/h. Also two dudes with their Hummers tried to cross the not-so frozen Balaton lake a few years before. Pic related

motor bike is easier do school show proof get licence after 6 month wait

In MN you need to take a 30 hour class then you can take the multiple choice (40 question) test for your permit, then drive with an adult for 50 hours minimum and 6 with an instructor.

Quebec
>get in a driving school (1000$)
>few theory class
>theory exam that is impossible to fail unless you cant understand French
>get a learner license
>theory and practice classes
>theory exam at the DMV
>more classes
>final exam transmission don't matter, no freeway because it scare the shit out of the examiners and only one parking but everything has to be perfectly legal
>congratulation you can now forget everything you learn and if you want to drive a real motorcycle you have to do it again and the exam is manual only

>be 14, get permit (take drivers ed that summer)
>be 15, get restricted license
>be 16, get full license without even taking a written test because of drivers ed and restricted license

This is Kansas, and it's changed from when I got my license 15ish years ago.

>chile
>not forced to take a driving course
>multiple choice test (35 questions, 38 points, need at least 33 points to pass)
>medical test (reaction time + vision)
>driving exam, first stage is driving to one of the marked places taking whatever route you want, second stage is driving in a predefined route back to the starting place
The whole process costs $45 and takes 1-2 weeks unless there's really high demand, you can get your licence the same day after passing all tests.
If you want a transport/special licence then you have to take a driving course and the tests are a bit different, but it's still not hard.

You would have done us so much to just say your a german...

>(3 tries)
Oh god

>new york
>davis california

>Arkansas
>was driving since 12 so I'm good at it
>Take multiple-choice exam at 18
>Pass and get with licensed driver permit
>Pay like 1-month of minimum wage for old car
>Month later take practical exam
>Pass so good the cop riding with me says, "looks like you were practicing for this, kid."
>Pay so little for 4-yr license I don't remember what I paid
God bless middle-America.

Australia (Victoria)

>Do written test to get learners permit
>120 hours of logged, supervised driving
>Do driving test

>120 hours of logged, supervised driving

Dear god

estonia, same here.
I got my liscence at 16 tho.
Cost around 2k eur.

Canada (BC)
>16, Take written test for $15 or $25 whenever (free study book available)
>Pass, receive learner's permit (class 7L). Must have "instructor" - anyone age 25+ with class 5+ licence - with you when driving; magnetic red 'L' on back of car
>after 1 year, take road test $50
>pass, receive 'new driver' licence (class 7)
>can now drive alone, or one passenger (family doesn't count towards 1 passenger limit; if front passenger meets the previous "instructor" requirement, passenger limit doesn't apply at all); magnetic green 'N' on back of car
>after 2 years, take second road test $50
>pass, receive normal licence (class 5)

It's stupidly easy if you aren't completely retarded.

why do you need a licence for a horse

Oh yeah, the 2 years is reduced to 1.5 years if you go to a driving school. Otherwise, driving school is not required at all.

Australia WA
>theory test
>vision test
>you get L plates, 25 hours supervised driving
>sit practical driving test
>if you pass you need another 25 hours of supervised driving
>then sit hazard perception test
>you now have p plates, for 6 months you need red p plates to demonstrate how new you are to the road, and are not allowed to drive after 11pm til 5am.
>after that, for the next 18 months you need to display green p plates, and only have half the normal amount of demerit points.
Congrats you have a full license!

Michigan
Pay 50 bucks for 1st drivers training class at 15. Along with instructed driving.
Get learners permit after class is completed.
Drive a certain amount of hours, 6 months later. Take 2nd driving class that just consists of a written test, no driving. Pass the class, at age 16 take road test. You pass, you get your license.

Forgot to mention, each set of supervised driving has a minimum period of 6 months. You cant sit each test until then.
So, 1 full year of not being allowed to drive on your own, then 6 months until you're allowed to drive like a normal person, then a year and a half until you're no longer profiled by cops and have a proper license.

Here in Denmarkistan, the rules are as follows.
>a minimum of 4 practical lessons of 45 minutes for a manouvering track (you learn how the car reacts when you turn and you drive around a lot of cones and shit)
>at least 4 practical 45 minute lessons on a special track that teaches how to deal with spinouts, controlling your car in shit weather and all that
>no less than 16 practical lessons of 45 minutes with at least one dedicated to night driving and with a mix of city, freeway and highway driving
>a minimum of 29 theoretical lessons of 45 minutes
You can then buy extra lessons as you feel the need and most driving schools will have a package with extra lessons to save money.
Then you have to get a physical and then there's a written exam and a practical exam.
You also have to get a first aid certificate.
This costs 15-1800 buckeroonies on average and somehow manages to create shitty and egotistical drivers made of fuck and mongy cunts.

De imádom ezt a gecis országot

OP here again.
I'm glad that we're not required to place "Learner" stickers on our car. You can, but it's not a must have.
Also, here you're not allowed to drive (except in parking lots, etc) until you have the licence, so basically you can't practice on your own (no matter who's with you in the car). The only way you can practice is by buying lessons from your driving teacher.
Also, i see that i have to be glad that it costs only roughly 800-1200 € here. It seems that prices in other countries are even higher, which is sad.

Argentina:

>multiple choice exam, you need to have at least 47 of the 50 questions right, it costs around 10 dollars
>drive a little bit and park your car

The hardest part was to park your car in a small space, kids today have it easy though, they just borrow their fathers car with a rear view camera or at least a sensor, I had to do it the old way and with a sedan

bruv
still better than the 3 years on ps in Cuck South Wales

>ask my family to teach me
Americans actually think that this is sufficient education.

Germany

>minimum age upon completion is 15 or 16 depending on state for mopeds/scooters, 16 for agricultural machines, 17 for cars under the condition of always carrying a passenger with a full license, and 18 for cars and motorcycles without other conditions)
>sign up with a qualified driving school (they provide the car and fuel)
>at least 14 x 45 min theoretical lessons in a classroom, usually in blocks of 90 min
>take theoretical test for about 20 bucks (30 questions, must not exceed a certain number of mistakes)
>can't start practical lessons until you pass the theoretical test and have an vision examination and a first aid course
>at least 18 x 45 min practical lessons with a qualified instructor, must include 3 x 45 min night driving, 4 x 45 min Autobahn, 5 x 45 min long route trips, the rest general or urban driving, usually in blocks of 90 min
>take practical test for about 90 bucks with your instructor and a qualified tester (30-45 min, tester will navigate you into a variety of road situations)

>afaik if you fail either test three times you're put on a cooldown period of three months
>if you have preexisting license tiers some sections of the process can be skipped, for example you don't have to repeat the theoretical lessons if you upgrade from a moped license to a motorcycle license
>my license cost around 1000 bucks on the bottom line many years ago, but I've been told it's more expensive nowadays
>total time required ranges from 2 weeks for "holiday courses" with several lessons every day to 3 months for a relaxed approach with two or so lessons a week

Given that they rarely drive over 55mph and go to jail for rolling through a stop sign, yes.

>mexico
>$50 bribe
I did it the "legit" way tho
>one week of classes
>take exam with police
>driving test
>pay like $50 for the card itself and the registration.
Everyone drives like shit for a reason.

>rural new zealand
>just drive old hilux without a licence

>Paying more than 5 dollars for a 50 year license
T. Arizona fag

That doesn't sound as bad even in a sedan, for my driving test there was parallel parking and the only thing I could borrow was my mom's truck

>italy
>go to driving school or study by yourself
>when you're ready go to motorization and sign up for theory exam
>when it's done sign up for the practical exam
>2 shots at both theoretical and practical exam
>if you pass you get your license

Idk if this also applies to Vic but in nsw you also cant apply for your P plates until 1 year has passed from passing your written test (if you're under 23). P plates also last a minimum of 3 years wherein you have basically no demerit points and cant drive anything which makes more than 130kw/t (but you also cant drive s13s despite them making under that)
Fuck this nanny state

OP yet again.
>just drive old hilux without a licence
If you get caught here without a licence for the vehicle you're driving you get a 2 year cooldown, so definiately can't practice on your own.

>the only thing I could borrow was my mom's truck
There is no such a problem here. The only car you're allowed to use for the driving exam is the one the teacher used during the lessons, so you basically end up with a 2004 suzuki ignis with a totally fucked up clutch and beaten up engine. Good luck parking with it.....

I've been only driving manual, so no experience on the automatic side of things

License?

USA

Take 5 min driving test, take paper multi choice test that asks questions like "what shake is a stop sign" and "what does a speed limit sign mean"

auto renew your license for 50 years and never have to take another test (I think they start checking your eyes when you turn 65 but that is it)

35,000 people per year die in car wrecks

it's a bit too easy if you ask me

>>pay and take test (3 tries)

>Oklahoma
>Sign up for drivers ed, ~$250 (not necessary, you can have your parents teach you)
>Sit in a classroom for a day learning things that should be common sense
>Do three driving lessons
>Get learner's permit (have to drive with licensed adult and be 15.5 yrs old)
>Drive around with me mum for a while
>Go to DMV and take driving test on 16th birthday and pay $20 for license

What is with everyone saying they have to pay thousands of dollars to get a license

that's some bullshit

Except that everyone paying thousands for their license aren't just handing it to a government agency, it goes towards mandatory lessons, courses and checkups. The only reason some of us can have licenses this cheaply is because their legislations skip on anything that actually conveys skill, and make it a paperwork exercise.

And by "this cheaply" I mean handing over 20 bucks at the DMV.

At the time I got my license I saved up $2500 (age 15) and my parents matched that and I bought a $5000 shitter

I would not have been able to afford a car if I had to pay $2k-4k for lessons

I'm in the US.

That should tell you how easy it is. We let anyone drive here. There are people I know with multiple DUI's who are still driving. (Granted I mean they had their shit taken away for awhile but fucking still)

And? Is driving a right now?

lots of things are not rights that don't cost $4000

Lots of things don't pose as much of a hazard to others as driving does.

>Lots of things don't pose as much of a hazard to others as driving does.
enjoy your thousands of dollars in classes then eurocuck

Enjoy getting t-boned by a texting soccer mom.

>Enjoy getting t-boned by a texting soccer mom.
Roads are actually safer here

Safer just means boring in Eurocuck speak.

They're not. Not per million inhabitants, not per million vehicles, not per million miles driven.

Haha, ACT has no requirement of supervised hours

>eurocucks vehemently defending their nanny states
lmao

My mother who's been driving for nearly 30 years now taught me and my brother, what's your point?

OP here.
As a mechanical engineering student i propose you the Two Fundamental Laws of Veeky Forums. These are the following:

>First Law of Veeky Forums: At the point in which one (1) american and one (1) european user is added to the system, the two given candidates exert equal forces on each other, but in opposite directions.

>Second Law of Veeky Forums: Whenever a given (see: user) in the system is not satisfying the requirements given by nature (see: not having at least one [1] Miata in any given point in his lifetime), the other parts (see: users) in the system will exert inexpicable forces on the given part, rejecting it from the system. The latter can be avoided by immediately obtaining a 3K Civic of any age.

Bruv, I almost got sideswiped by a cunt in her hubby's audi the other day. She only noticed the gigantic, angry dog-cock red volvo right next to her when I laid on my horn. Thank fuck for 9000 decibel air horns.
Guess what she was doing. Tards gonna tard no matter where you are, m8.

You forgot about the part where if you are under 18 you have to wait 6 months from obtaining a permit to getting full license.

yuros are such fucking cucks i swear

americans cant drive lol

>USA
>Illinois
its a fucking joke

yes we can

we do it all the time, cuck

>(You) (You) (You) (You)
Wew lad.

>we do it all the time, cuck
get assfucked by your jewish overlords and drive badly?

Straya, Victoria specifically.
At 16 you need to complete 120 hours of supervised driving with a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat,
At 18 you go for your red P plates and have to do a driving test around what ever town you sit the test in and you remain on red P plates for a year, during that time you can only have 1 passenger in the car (unless family members) no alcohol in your system and you only get 3 demerit points so a speeding fine means loss of license.
After red P plates you go onto green P plates for 3 years which means you get double the demerit points, can now have passengers but still no alcohol, after 3 year on green P's you automatically go onto your full license and no longer have any restrictions.

Personally i think the advanced driving course, defensive driving course and stunt driving course should be mandatory to get your license as well but morons in government think that is encouraging people to hoon and would rather people not actually know how to control their car.

>licence
I know this is a small thing to be autistic about buy can anyone fucking spell license?

>get assfucked by your jewish overlords and drive badly?

No I'm not from Europe

you're a fucking idiot.

you get licensed to drive when you have a licence.

it's spelled license.

when you're issuing a licence to someone you're licensing them.

the licence that you (presumably) have is a licence.

It's similar in Tunisia, we also have to go through a small circuit after city driving for parking, reverse, etc.
I really hated the Polo I learned in.

You being retarded doesnt change the fact that licence is not a word, even Veeky Forums agrees with me on this by underlining that word indicating it is spelled incorrectly.

it is not proper english to spell is licence instead of license either, you are just being dumb.

In my usa state full of illegal immigrants (not california), you can keep on trying once per month. The state tried to make the multiple choice exam harder, but a racial discrimination lawsuit was filed and stopped the exams getting harder or longer.

took 3 times to pass, UK
take lessons for 6 months, then test consists of independent driving (follow the signs for X), randomly pulling over and stopping, dual carrageway driving and some sort of manouver (parallel park, 3 point turn, reverse around corner).

hard as fuck desu, but probably leads to less autism on the roads so now that i've passed, i'm glad its so cucked.

> kansas
>permit
> test: what does a stop sign do, what is yielding? what does a no u turn sign mean?
> drivers license
> drive through a residential neighborhood and a school zone at 20 mph for 5 minutes and you pass

if you have a brain, you can drive

The L sticker is technically a learners sticker, im from bc too what part are you in?

Hello neighbour

>Sweden
>apply for drivers licence permit (requires eye exam and answering a form about medical conditions)
>take instruction course, needed for both driver and instructor
>take theoretical risk course about alcohol, drugs and other dangers
>take practical course about stopping in the wet, trying full abs stops etc (quite fun btw)
>take theoretical test with 65 actual questions, need 52 right
>take practical test, >20 min ride on various roads, reversing, parking etc
>fail one test and and you have two months to complete it or you'll have to do the other one again

no

In Texas it's easy as fuck.

The written part all you have to do is take some 6 hour online course from your own home, you can literally cheat to pass.

For the driving part you just drive around a few blocks then parallel park one time.