So which car is good for uber? going car shopping tomorrow and looking for something brand new (2017/18)...

so which car is good for uber? going car shopping tomorrow and looking for something brand new (2017/18), and cheap 20k CAD.

needs to be comfy, 5 seats, great on gas, etc. what does Veeky Forums say?

probably a hybrid
however, let other Veeky Forumstists reply, are you sure about getting in uber?
Also depreciation will hit you much harder that it would usually with a regular brand new car or with a used car bought for uber.

Buying a brand new car to Uber for has got to be the worst investment you could possibly make.

>brand new
>comfy
>20k syrupbux
Pick two.

mmm ok comfy doesnt matter too much lol. i want to buy new, i bought used in the past and too many problems. looking to buy a new car and not really think about problems for several years. ill also buy 15/16 new off the lot if i can find any

lol my buddy bought a brand new car thinking the same thing last year and it has had more problems than my 95 shitbox.

Buy the most expensive car you can and drive it for uber every day, I do this and make 88k per year

lol look at this loser lying while having a meltdown

Dude

As a driver, DON'T!

They are losing money!
You are losing more money!

Just look for several hundred sites talking about how Uber is now charging customers more money for rides but show YOU (the driver) a lower price of the actual amount.

Talkless of never expecting a tip

Op, you're stupid

>pay for service
>expected to pay an additional fee not tied to the service already paid
Kill yourself tip fags.

get a real job. it's not worth the money.
>i don't know how to pick a good used car
kill yourself.

Chevy Cruze and go with Lyft they pay better Uber has been getting it's ass handed to them on the news

American logic.

>yuropoor logic
tipping is a way to appreciate your service experience u cunt

>Cruze
>less than $20k CAD

This nigga gettin a fuckin Yaris

Get stabbed OP

I'm not joking even a little fucking bit here, so pay close attention...I'm was a """"professional"""" Uber/Lyft driver. Or I was up until about a year ago. AFTER you take out ALL of your expenses, I mean everything, you make LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. I worked every angle and hustle imaginable to make as much money as possible while I was driving. Lyft and Uber driving FUCKING SUCKS. Worst business decision I ever made. Don't listen to any of those cunts on YouTube telling you that you can make bank doing this. You can't.

Don't buy a car, get a bus pass if you're that poor, and get a job at McDonald's or Starbucks. You will make more money. Go to school part time and get a better job down the road.

>lol look at this loser lying while having a meltdown
sorry if you don't know how to make money with UBER

kek

worth it to make $35 an hour

Don't fucking buy a new car for Uber. Also UberXL isn't really worth it, 90% of trips you'll get will be UberX.

Honestly get the cleanest 2008-2010 Corolla you can find, maybe a used Prius with new batteries if you hate yourself.

>he thinks he can make more than $8/hour with uber

They promise $30 per hour

I get that, but only working weekend nights.

that's if and only if you are in a big city with a big weekend party scene and you can get lots of quick short distance trips. if you're doing it full-time, your average goes to shit. look at sherpashare for more info.

Doing uber full time is for suckers

What about Uber Black?

this

Nissan Versa S

Depends, in my market a Mazda 6 qualifies for Black, if you can get an Acura or something it would be worth it.

Ford c-max. Cheap. Spacious. Hybrid.

but is the pay worth it or the market shrinks so much the higher fares don't offset it?

>They promise $30 per hour
Peak averages is not realistic way to calculate earnings for the entire week. And the $30/hr should also be averaged against the type of cars and drivers that Uber sends those higher profit fares to. There's plenty of cars that Uber doesn't send fares to unless there is no one else. In other words, you might become labeled as a driver of last resort by Uber. In such cases, you lose money especially when you consider Uber is not the same as a real employer that puts money into FICA, SS, and your local unemployment fund.

Do you need a fancy car to get fares?

It's a sweat shop
Uber should be your last resort.

Not that guy, but probably it's more about what you do for your clients. I'd assume that they tend to hide fares the lower your rating.

>what you do for your clients
Are you supposed to pamper them or something?

Kinda. Have stuff like bottled water, give free candy, etc.

there is a cheap as fuck nissan, someone made a thread about it the other day

anyway you are not supposed to drive your uber, you pay someone else to drive them, and ask for 20%

then repeat until you have 10 cars or so

>I'm was a """"professional"""" Uber/Lyft driver.
typical nigger that drives for uber.

I make good money at job but I wouldn't mind shuttling normalfags around during big events.
Would it be worth the trouble?

oh and also cater to their A/C and music preferences and don't drive like a retard

what about the empty G's?

Tipping for a cab ride actually makes sense though.
>Got you to your destination ahead of schedule
>Was able to detour around a traffic jam to not make you late
>Made pleasant conversation or didn't bother you
>Kept the AC running cold

Still better than working at a mcjob because you know, you have that whole setting your own hour thing.