Challenger R/T

>Challenger R/T
>5.7L HEMI
>only 375HP
>in 2017

Seriously? I thought these things made at least 400, that's embarassing. The Camaro V6 has a better power:weight ratio and the Mustang GT gets 60 more horses with 700cc fewer.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-AMG_Project_One
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The '11 V6 Mustang with the PP is as fast as an R/T Challenger. This isn't news.

hahahaha 375hp from 5.7L

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

shame because challengers are the only cool modern muscle cars too.

Seems like someone is conveniently forgetting the 6.4 liter R/T

Aren't 6.4L Challengers pretty pricey? Like a good 5k+ over a well equipped GT?

Been this way for a long time. The worst part is that the Mopar tax makes modifying them twice as expensive as the competition, too.

That said, properly building a 5.7 can get you a monster of a car. Some of the blocks can take a stroke and bore put to 426 (for most, 410 is max). They can take a retarded amount of boost with good internals, too. There's several across the internet with way over 1000hp. It's just not ideal because you can build other cars cheaper.

Still, I own and daily an R/T. I have every intention of building it into a time attack car. I want to do it because I like the car, not the potential.

Buying a Mustang because it's cheaper, easier power is gay. I bought a car I love and I'm glad I did.

But it's faster than a GT

How does the current 6.4L HEMI and GM 6.2L compare?

The former makes 485HP from 6.4L, the latter makes 460HP from 6.2L, that's pretty comparable. But what about size, weight, efficiency, and reliability?

Marginally, in a straight line. In the corners, it's quite a bit slower. Weight and unsophisticated chassis aside, I don't know why Dodge thought putting 245 width rear tires on a car with nearly 500HP was a good idea.

The Challenger is a bigger car, not even the same class.

Because its fun with those tires. Gets sideways easily. If you spend like 8k more you get srt with 275 tires and bunch of other suspension shit
But the 6.4 is all that matters for that rumble and those zf8 crackle shifts
Also
>mustang
>corners
Kek

Even with the stick axle the Mustang was within spitting distance of a M3 with the competition package. Saying Mustangs can't handle while talking about the Challenger is flat out retarded.

Where's the gif of the BMW and the Challenger?

The r/t is meant to be a traditional muscle car with traditional muscle performances and back then hp rating were bullshit so its a bit faster than old muscle car or its just a poorman mercedes SL.

>people complaining a muscle car cant turn
>complaining about a muscle car not being able to turn
>muscle car
>turning

in what universe is a muscle car SUPPOSED to be able to turn? They're 0-60 and quarter mile monsters. That's the only thing you should be judging them on.

If you want track performance, get a Viper.

OP is pointing out the Challenger R/T is the biggest and heaviest yet currently has the weakest V8.

The world has forgotten about a cruising V8, back in the day there used to be 3 or 4 V8 options, and 2 or 4 barrel carburetor options on top of it. The 5.7 is no longer out there to set records but is still fun and had modding potential. The Scat Pack competes for the performance.

not talking about OP.

talking about people in the thread that are comparing it to cars that are completely different beasts.

if you're going to compare the challenger r/t to something, compare it to the SS.

Which it still loses to...

The Challenger R/T is simply the cheapest car on the market with a V8.

Is that not enough HP? lol

my 2000 5.0 explorer only makes 215....

Sure would love to have 300+ on my V8.

>more hp
>weighs less

well duh. but at least that's a better comparison than a mustang gt.

isnt the SS supercharged?

That's alright. Big brother will piss all over the rest of them til the Demon arrives

base R/T Challengers are only around 30k putting them around 3-5k under the lowest Mustang and Camaro V8 option, at least in my area.

So I see it as just a "I just want the V8 torque and sound" option rather than anything performance oriented, and really that's what the
Challenger is all about.

That's pathetic.

The V6 in the new NSX alone makes 500hp. The same for the gtr.

Shit, a naturally aspirated inline 4 Honda engine makes 240-260hp with just 2.0l of displacement.

Fucking Mopar is just sad.

>get a Viper

>unsophisticated chassis
It's a fucking E-class, not a goddamn B-body from 1968!

Why is it so fucking pigfat? I understand being a bit hefty due to creature comforts and safety bullshit, but still.

>american engines
>relevant in 2017

No. It has a ls3

why does that box have a hair dryer?

because its gay

Everyone is also forgetting that if you throw boost at it you blow holes in the block, and it'll drop valves with any cam work done

>Yuropoors will never make an ultralight and ultra small pushrod turbo i4

Pushrods only make V engines smaller. A pushrod I4 is stupid.

name another modern muscle car

Well, it's a muscle car. Being pigfat kind of goes with the territory.

camaro ss is a direct port injected LT1, not the LS3.

Are the Mustang and Camaro exempt from being muscle cars simply because they are capable of going around a corner? Because they do the rest of muscle car stuff well

The camaro and mustang are both muscle cars. No matter how many autistis call it a pony car, it's still a muscle car.

>muscle car
>owner has a dearth of muscles

too bad its the only real muscle car

they're exempt because they aren't good at corners and they look like shit

He was talking about the Chevy SS sedan.

ITT: Children who ride the bus.

>pony car
>owner browses /ml-
Wait nevermind

Meanwhile in Germany:
1000 HP hybrid with a 1.6 liter turbocharged engine :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-AMG_Project_One

>The engine produces 748 hp
>It only lasts for a maximum of 31,000 miles before it has to be fucking replaced
>it won't even be street legal

Yeah wow Germany way 2 go.

Still faster than your shitbox :^)

average speed over time has the shitbox faster when it hits 100k miles :vD

Chevy SS?

>they aren't good at corners

The 350R and ZL1 can outpace most last-gen supercars, I guess those couldn't turn either

>You'll never have one or even see one. EVER.

Heavy natural aspirated engine doesn't do as well as light charged air systems. Veeky Forums is full of geniuses.

Now, look at the performance models.

*air cooled pushrod turbo v4

How can it go over 100k miles if you ride the bus? :D

Not relevant comparisons