How can I make sure my car does not get stolen at night? I live in a bad neighbourhood and would like to prevent it...

How can I make sure my car does not get stolen at night? I live in a bad neighbourhood and would like to prevent it. I was thinking of removing the car battery every time I am at home.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYh626RDYII
tannen.livejournal.com/66587.html
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=U5Sd4uew5lA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that would work but it wouldn't stop them from breaking your window and stealing your headunit

Get a car with a manual transmission. Black people can't drive stick.

Car battery is really heavy, just make a kill switch for the fuel pump or ignition and hide it somewhere.

This, or just pull the fuse for the fuel pump

Live in a 100% white small town, or be reincarnated as japanese. Everywhere else is shit and there is nothing you can do if a group of 85 iq subhumans decide to jack your ride. Sleep in you car at night ina nicer neighborhood?

Keep it in a well lot area put a board with nails on the seat and cover it with fabric muhaha thieves suck

By this logic there's nothing someone can do if a group of 105 iq "ubermenschen" decide to kidnap their children for a "standard fuckparty"

>living in a bad neighborhood
move, faggot.

105 iq people are smart enough to know that stealing cars is a fucking stupid and not very profitable idea in the long term.

just like they're smart enough to fuck eachother and spread AIDS!

youtube.com/watch?v=YYh626RDYII

>south africa aids capital of the world
>south africa also car jacking capital of the world
>soith african average iq 75

Beat someone to death with a baseball bat for breaking into your car so people know they die if they to into your car illegally. Leave the blood on the pavement.

Not have a car. Problem solved.

Remove the fuse that controls fuel. I watched a Defcon video about a guy tackling this exact issue but with his house as well as car. One thing he did was strip an alarm so that it's silent except for sending a text or page to you. Then you can go out and bash some nigger's skull in.

Park your car in a garage

my car is a stick and it still got stolen

get a steering wheel lock, an alarm, and make sure things that look valuable arent in view.

if they still steal it after all that they wanted it more than you did

Just install a button under the seat which turns on the fuel pump when pressed and ignition is on.

>How can I make sure my car does not get stolen at night?
It depends on your area. In southern california, there are a lot of body shops that get car parts cheap to boost their profits. So cars get towed off at night to fill parts orders. Park your car behind obstacles so that it is hard to get winched out once they put dollies under your wheels.

>south africa aids capital of the world
Africa been that way a long time. Rape is rife everywhere. There is a 1 in 4 chance that a woman will be raped, so if your car ever stops working and you have to walk out of there, your chances of rape may be even higher. So if your daughter or wife gets raped, there is a high chance she might get AIDS after an incubation period of as long as 5 years.

>south africa also car jacking capital of the world
It's why people are quite paranoid there and may run people over in a panic. There's also a lot of insurance fraud where people deliberately get in your car's way and get hit. They partially dodge it to avoid serious injury. But they then hype up the injury to make claims upon you.

HERE is a story of some "tough guy" travelers to South Africa a short time after Apartheid (white rule) ended.

This is a fragment from a blog of a Russian man who went on a business trip to South Africa, translated for your convenience.

tannen.livejournal.com/66587.html

Me and my friend had to spend roughly 10 hours in Johannesburg. We asked Mikhail and he convinced some kamikaze driver to take us on a tour through the city center. We, the two retards, thought that they were exaggerating about the danger just to frighten us. We thought that we'd get to the center, take a long good stroll through it and show everyone that Russians aren't afraid of anything.

We ended up not even coming close to doing any of these things.

Reason?

We nearly shat ourselves.

This, ive got a switch that does thing.

Sometimes I try to start my car, it winds over, winds over, then I remember to flip the switch.

If you isolator switch just cuts off the power, they will know what it is - if its just the fuel pump (or better, idle control so it stalls instantly) then they will think its just fucked.

The switch in my car cuts the power to the inline fuel pump in my car. It just cranks over and over and nothing happens

*continued*
The descent to Johannesburg from the plateau made the city look great. Beautiful, big, modern. Some skyscrapers here and there, some nice Victorian-style buildings. Green lawns, blue sky.

Upon actually entering the city, the picture changed drastically.

It looked completely abandoned.
There was no electricity.
Piles of trash just lying in the streets.
Burst sewer pipes flooding several spots.
The only thing clear of debris was the main road, the only functional electrical devices were the traffic lights.
And this was the city center, the relatively safe part of the city.

Prior to riding into the city, the driver appointed by Mikhail read us a short "do's and don'ts" lecture.
He seemed very tense, gulping often and suspiciously looking around as he spoke:

"If you cunts want to survive this, do exactly as I say.
After we enter the city, NO LOUD NOISES, do not ATTRACT ANY ATTENTION!
NO FUCKING CELLPHONES OR CAMERAS flashing through the car windows!
DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT with ghouls! (that's what he called niggers)
And no matter what happens, DO NOT OPEN THE WINDOWS!
Because suddenly a lamp post can fall and block the way, and the ghouls will fucking siege us.
And remember that I have kids, so at least follow these rules for my sake..."

The switch is the best idea user. My old car had a button wired to the steering column. To start the car you had to turn the key then reach into the steering column and press a button. Anything else wouldn't work.

*continued*

We spent two hours riding around the city center.
It was quiet enough in the bus to hear a pin drop.
To understand what happened to the city, a small historical flashback is needed.

After the apartheid was over, a two-million swarm of Africans flooded the city, opening the era of African Reconquista. They were not natives, they just left their usual places in the desert and went wherever life was better. Mikhail, the guy who got us the driver, lived in Johannesburg at that time and told us the following:

In the middle of an ordinary workday, something happened.
The office center's doors opened and an unorganized crowd of several thousand blacks rushed in, carrying their belongings in huge bags. They asked us not to pay any attention to them and continue working, while they were spreading around the building and occupying every bit of territory that was available. Armchairs, stools, sofas, restrooms and hallways - they were everywhere, happily chatting and wasting no time in taking whatever shiny things the building's original denizens had on them.
The office became filled with commotion. Chickens were butchered and gutted in the hallways, tables in audience rooms turned into cooking tables, restrooms became bathhouses.
The polite question "What's going on?" was answered with "This is our home now".
The subsequent, less polite question "What the fuck?!" met a reply "It will be better for everyone".

Mikhail called the cops.
Cops didn't come.
They apologized and explained that exactly the same thing is happening across the entire city.

Then everyone who could started to quietly flee the city, headed towards the suburbs and Cape Town, while erecting barriers to block the paths - hedges, moats, electrified fences. The last district of Johannesburg where you can meet a white man nowadays is the Pretoria suburb.

Back in the days of carburetors (with electric fuel pumps), I knew a few people with cut off switches that got their cars stolen. The car would make it about half a block and then die. Thieves were very puzzled and ditched them quickly.

*continued*

After a massive exodus, owners of the buildings started thinking of what to do.

Bingo!
They decided that if they switched off the electricity, water and sewer access to the buildings, the ghouls will leave them and return to the savannah.

So, they switched them off.
The ghouls didn't even notice.

Of course, in the savannah they had neither of these modern conveniences. "Where do they shit, then?" I asked Mikhail.
Mikhail replied that the office owners were also puzzled by this - and completely shocked after they found out.

You see, after invading the buildings, none of the ghouls could figure out what elevator shafts were for. Once they ripped out the elevator doors, they spent a few days scratching heads and spitting into the darkness, until it finally occured to them.

"Bless the white man's genius", thought the ghouls, and the shafts became both toilets and garbage dumps ever since. According to Mikhail, it takes roughly ten years for an average ghoul horde to shit up an office building to the point of complete unliveability.

After that, like in good old prehistoric times, the horde migrates, occupying another building.

We rode on through Johannesburg's streets, glued to the car windows, devouring the scenery with our eyes.
Fashionable modern houses with boarded-up windows passed us by.
When we came across a rare open window, we could see fires burning inside, with ghouls lying or walking around them.

(Once again) According to Mikhail, a new, albeit informal service appeared in Johannesburg.
Bunches of tough guys go around offering to take the buildings back from ghouls. It happens like this: in the middle of the night several trucks drive up to the building, and hundred or two of armed thugs goes inside. Quickly, they grab the sleeping ghouls and simply start throwing them out of the building, trying not to wake the whole horde up.
Before the horde completely comes to its senses and starts expressing its displeasure, the thugs weld shut all doors and windows on the first floor and put up an electrified fence. After the building is cleaned and refurbished, it turns back into an office.

That's how the remnants of Johannesburg's white population live and work. In the evening and during the night they keep safe behind armored doors and private guards. In the morning they get into their cars and quickly, without stopping, ride outside their fortresses to work. After a short ride through more-or-less safe streets, they dive into one of the heavily guarded foxholes that leads to the underground parking garages. And that concludes their arrival to the workplace.

Another funny thing I noticed - if two "live" buildings are nearby, they are often connected by an aerial passage at the 10th or 11th floor. So office workers can even visit each other if they want to.

>Once upon a time
>Just last fall actually
>Friend had a car
>Had to hotwire it to start it
>I helped him out, hooked up some new ignition wires to a light switch under his seat
>The light switch was for shits and giggles, neither of us cared for his car
>One morning he gets up, his window is busted
>Door is open
>Looks inside
>Wires are all pulled out
>Some nigger tried to hotwire a car that was already hotwired
>Friend reaches under seat, flicks switch, car turns on
>Lol
>OP, do exactly this. Nobody expects a light switch under the seat.

Since cars of the past 15 years have immobilizers, the car thieves typically tow the car away. After they get it away a short distance, they quickly disconnect the battery under the hood and pop the trunk to disconnect the battery in there since more and more cars have two batteries with one in the trunk due to cars being more rolling computers than simple metal boxes with an engine. Cutting the batteries removes power to any of the OEM satellite and cellular "phone home" systems. They may also do a quick check for a 3rd party lojack in the usual places. Then they finish the tow to a spot to part out the car for the parts market.

In california, the meme of the mexican body shops being supplied by expert groups of mexican car thieves is true.

If you visit their south africa trip blog, you can see some pictures taken through the windows. It's such a violent place that some people had invented and installed flamethrower devices to prevent carjackings.

To see the car-mounted flamethrower in action, click on the video at this description article by the BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm

Even the chief of police purchased one for his personal car. Now, that is quite a car mod.

Lots of CARJACKINGS occur in South Africa. If you stop at a traffic light, someone may run up with a gun and point it at you. Fighting carjackings has risks since you don't know if it is a fake gun or real. But losing your car means you will be robbed or possibly killed. You must avoid that. Here is a video about fighting off carjackers.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5Sd4uew5lA

The problem is that once you surrender the car, you are on foot and may be robbed more. 1 in 4 women are raped each year so you don't want to be a white woman on foot in aids territory. If you are raped, you need to pay attention to the following statistics:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa

The 2007 UNAIDS report estimated that 5,700,000 South Africans had HIV/AIDS, or just under 12% of South Africa's population of 48 million. In the adult population the rate is 18.5%.

The number of infected is larger than in any other single country in the world. The other top five countries with the highest HIV/AIDS prevalence are all neighbours of South Africa.

= - = -= - =

Traveling by car, you have to use roads even though you are in a landcruiser. In one set of travel postings, a belgian couple in their LandCruiser car said:

>When we continued on the same road we would pass other smaller mudpits. These bogholes always had a "crew". When a truck arrived, they would throw in rocks to fill the hole so the truck could pass... for a fee of course. After the truck passed they removed the rocks again.

Buy a 1996 Camry for 1k.
>just liability coverage, I total it, car still worth $500
>whos gonna risk jail to part out a 1996 $1,000 Camry?

The parts for older used cars sell for more than the value of the running car itself. Car thieves aren't isolated. They or an associate often have access to one of the parts communication networks the body shops and vendors use to buy and sell used car parts. They can look there and instantly find a buyer for the parts from your 1996 Camry.

that was a neat read. Johannesburg huh didn't know

pull distributor lead. car dont start, steal stereo, move on to next car.
invest in a alarm especially with a immobiliser.
it will stop the majority of car theft.
>most car theives are oppertunists (see it, take it)
if they really want your car: (stolen to order) no alarm or electronic monitoring gonna help cause they gonna take it.
just keep your car fully insured. just in case the worst happens...

put a used condom on the steering wheel and some dirty needles in the seat

Never use a trip that can accidentally trap yourself or your family members. And if some local kid opens your door and climbs in for kicks, you can be sued for that because setting traps (even inside your home) is illegal everywhere in the USA.

>just keep your car fully insured
Good goyim

>By this logic there's nothing someone can
If people don't stand up, then problems occur.

Lol just watched that one he moved away from the apartment he was in only for someone to post a photo of some chick lighting her ex's car on fire funny as

Make sure your Ex doesn't have keys to it!

Just pull the distributor rotor, son.

battery is a good idea.

atleast in the shithole i live in, people steal batteries more than they steal headunits.

My car has a fuel shutoff valve that is used in case of a crash to prevent fires. That could be one way to do it.

It might be easier thought to just wire up a hidden switch that must be closed in order for you to be able to start the car. That would be kinda cool, and easy to deal with.

>make a kill switch for the fuel pump or ignition and hide it somewhere
Most of the smarter thieves will check by shining their flashlight under the driver's seat. So maybe install it under the front passenger seat. They'd never look there.

get a steering wheel you can take off

dildo shift stick

leave some white hair condition around the tip

>get a steering wheel you can take off
Won't stop theft of the immobilizer cars because those are towed away for parting.

>I was thinking of removing the car battery every time I am at home.
No one does that unless the car is going idle for a week or longer. Otherwise you'll wear out the battery connectors. And when you keep on opening and closing the hood outdoors, people will see what you are doing which is a tip off.

>pull the fuse for the fuel pump
If they know what the car's fuse block looks like, or the cover has a picture, or you left the car manual in the glovebox, they can look up the missing fuse position and just move a different 7.5A fuse over from some other device like windshield wipers.

>Everywhere else is shit
You can fight it to some extent by living in a walled-off homeowner association community. The good HOA areas protect their borders so only the official entrances are usable. That means the walls covered with thorn plants and there is a large "moat" of thorn plants surrounding the area too. That way, a simply thorny wall cannot be defeated by throwing several thick mover's blankets over them. In los angeles, thieves drive a truck close by and a board or ladder from the bed of the truck is swing to the top of the wall. The end has a rope ladder on it so the thieves get back up.

>africa aids capital of the world
That's why sick people try to immigrate to other countries to take advantage of the free medical care. One of those ebola africans illegally entered the usa and then got to the hospital where he died. His family then sued the hospital for racial discrimination causing wrongful death as if the ebola would have been cured if the hospital was not racially discriminatory... To avoid publicity, the hospital settled out of court with large rewards for the black family as well as citizenship sponsorship and free college tuitions for all their kids. Let's have more illegals use discrimination laws!

>in the shithole i live in, people steal batteries more than they steal headunits.
Headunits without the faceplate are useless anyways. And other units have security codes, so once removed from power for awhile, the code has to be entered again or it won't work. They discourage brute force retries by having a long delay on future attempts after a few failed tries. That long delay (mine has a 10 minute delay for each retry after 3 fails) means even a short security code is pretty strong.

Drive a 20 year old shitbox no one would want

Base model cavalier with the unpainted black plastic bumpers. That was the worst and ugly minimalism I've ever seen on a major car release.

Those black guys are so much bigger and muscular than normal people. I wonder why they don't get jobs? Lots of jobs out there that need people with physical stamina. The local UPS hires people for that and it's a job with benefits too.

Well working UPS requires 8+ hours of work each day and getting up early, so its more convenient for them to rob some cash at point blank, even if it requires shooting little girls in the back

>I live in a bad neighbourhood and would like to prevent it.
Then what other cars have been stolen in your neighborhood? That will tell you the method the thieves are using too.

What i've done is install a plate that locks over the pedals, would be really difficult to remove even with power tools.
Theres a few different types of pedal locks as well as ones that lock the gearstick in place.

Also - Buy an air horn, wire up using a latching relay to a switched 12v. Isolate it with a hidden switch.
If your hidden switch isn't on then when someone tried to turn on the car, even if they hotwire, then a 150db air horn will sound and be impossible to turn off without tracing wires.
Works even better if you can give the airhorn it's own batter and hide it all away.

Niggers are easily startled at loud noises.

>easily startled at loud noises
YOU have to be careful they don't know anything about you. If they know you are alone, they might do a home invasion now that you are out there.

>Not having a gun on you at all times

>That's how the remnants of Johannesburg's white population live and work. In the evening and during the night they keep safe behind armored doors and private guards. In the morning they get into their cars and quickly, without stopping, ride outside their fortresses to work. After a short ride through more-or-less safe streets, they dive into one of the heavily guarded foxholes that leads to the underground parking garages. And that concludes their arrival to the workplace.

Damn, I have a friend who lives in Cape Town and said his apartment building is surrounded by electrified razor wire and the place he works has armed guards patrolling, but I thought he was exaggerating. WTF Africa

I put one in a wiper defrost switch from the junkyard, since my car doesn't have the cold weather package. It came in a little switch plate with the seat heater switches that I wanted so I could add seat heaters with OEM switches. Just interrupt a starter relay wire with it so you have to hold it while you turn the key for it to start. It looks factory, so unless the thief was another Subaru nerd who'd notice my windshield doesn't have the wiper heaters, they'd never guess it. I even put in a power mirror switch that has a defrost button (along with power folding mirrors) so it looks even more convincing that it's a cold weather package car.

Don't have a car.

Pull ecu out every night
Chain a pitbull to each axle dont feed til morning

That's pretty clever.

>Not having a gun on you at all times
Defending your car on your own property isn't a slam dunk. If you brandish a gun at a basketball american, they sue you for a hate crime as well as for discrimination by racial profiling.

If you don't have a car, why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums?

having your ecu to require a password is probably one of the safer ways of doing things.

>they can look up the missing fuse position and just move a different 7.5A fuse over from some other device like windshield wipers

Yes because a thief is going to take the time to do all that shit while in your driveway.

I'm thinking about putting a relay on the starter wire and the reverse light, so the car can only be started if the reverse is engaged.

Haven't thought of any other place to put the relay on.

They might chew a cable or something else under the car.

Find out more info about all the cars stolen in your neighborhood. If you have a block watch, you can ask them. Or you can go to the police station and check public crime records for your area.

yeah, if the cars are newer types from the past 10 years, then thieves are towing them.

Sleep in it.

Use an IR switch so you shine an IR source into a port to turn on/off the fuel pump.

Too risky to use. That could leave you stranded somewhere if you lost your IR source. It's also more home-made electronics that can fail to work.

if possible, unplug/wire a switch to your crank position sensor, if they get it to turn over it wont start.

Rig your windshield sprayers inside of inside the car pointed at the driver and fill a container full of wasp spray or some shit

Sooner or later an accident will happen. Never install a trap that can trap the car's owner even by accident. Unlike a thief that accesses the car interior once, the owner accesses the car multiple times per day. The sheer number of tries makes it possible for the trap trigger to malfunction and trap the owner. Or a short can happen. Or an electric component burns out or shorts, thus causing a different signal that in turn makes it trap the owner.

OP, what year and model is your car?

This is why you have to hide a GPS tracker behind the dash with integrated backup. If it detects that the car is getting towed or someone has disconnected the main car battery it should immediately email, text, and call you to alert you.

I have spent the last few months working out the details of a system like this. Depending upon how paranoid you are you can either use the OBD2 port with a y-cable or run it off the fuse box.

>I have spent the last few months working out the details of a system like this.

Then you know it has to be hidden somewhere that it isn't easily found and disabled. The police can take their time to find a judge that grants them a warrant to investigate the location that the GPS tracker is broadcasting from. And your GPS tracker has to be self-powered and last long enough to be found. If the car was put inside a metal building, and your GPS unit was buried so that its transmitter antenna was already mostly covered up by your metal car, and your tinted windows were metallic tint (llumar), then your signal might be lost.

I never see these steering wheel lock things anymore.

They were everywhere in the 90's, what happened to them?

>They were everywhere in the 90's, what happened to them?
Criminals carry backpacks with a bolt cutter. They just cut the steering wheel and the locking bar is easily removed. The steering wheel has a 3/8 inch metal rod formed into a circle over which is plastic, insulation, and the outer wrapping that your hands actually touch. It's cheap soft steel and is easily cut by a bolt cutter.

>cellphones flashing
>mid-90s

copypasta pls go.

(also its iPhones in the original story :^)

>Black people can't drive stick.
They will just grind your gears up because they don't care.

Install a quick release steering wheel and take it inside with you at night?

>Install a quick release steering wheel
Before OP uses expensive options to make it more difficult to drive his car away, he should first find out what types of cars are being stolen. If they are all cars with immobilizers, then the thieves are towing the cars. So having a removable steering wheel or starter kill switch won't stop those thieves. But he can park his car in a direction that makes it difficult to tow him off. But if the are determined, they will dolly up all four wheels and move the car to a position for towing.

OP needs to do a little research.

Has OP abandoned the thread? He doesn't respond to the questions.

>Use an IR switch so you shine an IR source into a port to turn on/off the fuel pump.

Somewhat similar. A person in a past thread installed a hall-effect sensor switch hidden behind a part of the dash. That became his kill switch. He would move a magnet by that sensor when he needed to start the car with the ignition key.

Couldn't a simple cellphone be wired in to always be charging? Hide that somewhere. Then use an app to track the location of that cellphone.

>stealing your headunit
Nothing to worry about there. Any good head unit has a removable faceplate. Just take the face plate with you.

That think doesn't do shit. They just cut they the steering wheel which generally isn't hardened steel.

What do other people do in your neighborhood to protect their cars?

steering wheel lock?

Take that club and go beat the shit out of fhe police and city leaders for allowing a bad neighorhood to even exist.

I used to drive one of these, i always thought that speed alert thing was aftermarket.