>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

webms with sounds
Previously on deebeetee

dirt bikes a best

Dirt bikes a fun, idk about best.
Do love the smell of 2 stroke tho.

>check cycle ergo
>would need a 5" rise on a sport tourer's handlebars to equal the upright comfort of a standard
>it's barely more upright than a supersport

sport tourer comfort is a myth, it's relative to supersports at the best

We Lego now?

Forward lean is nice when you've got wind blasting you from the front. Depends on how big a windscreen.

Tried the Multistrada, XR, Crosstourer, or Duke GT?

don't sport tourer's mostly have top mounted handle bars...?
where supersports have clip ons...
instantly more comfy just with that.

Not totally a myth, for me it's abut the seat.
My ass loves this one.
Also if I'm on a decent straight I'll slide back to the pillion which seems to have more cushion. Very comfy position actually, just not the safest.

Hornet's a beauty. Best naked.

That headlight is pretty hypnotic anyway

>best naked

I mean hornet a good and all but they're no striples

striples arent even anything special.
the only reason they come close to having the same power as a japanese 600 is because they are a 675.

Thanks, it's not original tho

Thank god because the striple looks and sounds like ass.

2007 era striples in lime green with the dual undertail exhaust is still my favourite design of all time. Fuuuuuuck the modern insect eyes

VREM VREM

>tfw lots of affordable Hornets but I can't ride any of them because A2 cuckery
>tfw upgrading the license is as easy as one test
>tfw have to wait 4 weeks until I can request the upgrade because bureaucracy
>tfw another 4-8 weeks after that for request to go through
>tfw another unspecified amount of time until actual test
RRRRREEEEEEEEE

you rang bb

how does anyone think these bikes are good looking?

They look like a jumbled mess.

The funny thing is that there are even worse looking versions.

Like the one with the two air intakes sticking out to the sides.

those classic round proportionate headlights are the best.

They look typically british, its like whoever designed it wanted to make the bike look like it is more complicated than it actually is and it just results in ugly bikes.
Why can't they just make a naked daytona with a round headlight?
simple.

Evil

It screams like a Hornet but is more throaty. How can you not like that?

You called?

ugliest Striple reporting in

See now that looks way nicer than a striple why didnt triumph just do this?

That is a striple dipshit.

First gens had singe headlights

here, I personally like the second gen the best. I was wanting one but got mine for too good of a deal to pass up

its a t595 daytona dipshit look at the tail fender and single sided swingarm.

Some people want a functional riding position and not an office chair on wheels.

Also a VFR for example is only a sport tourer in the sense that it's a sport bike primarily used for touring (the only thing they changed when they started marketing it as one it was adding VTEC to make the fuel range better and beefing up the rear subframe for panniers), something like a Ninja 1000 or FZ1 is literally just a standard with bodywork.

>all these ugly striples and spiples
Pure sex Daytona here.

>tfw feeling the need for a sidecar
Help
It just seems too practical to resist
The Ural is too sexy
And that there 2WD
Muh dick

>ural
No, if you want to buy a sidecar buy a good one.

>the ugly daytona

>wanting commie tier technology with drunken russian reliability
>wanting 2wd
just mate a wheel to a dirtbike, best fun you'll ever have

Like?
R71?
An MZ?
I know fuckall about sidecars so any advice is appreciated

If you want more than 2 wheels with 2wd just buy a can am or a fucking convertible

They're shit for hipsters that's all you need to know

IT'S NOT UGLY

The bike I have is a 2006 Suzuki SV650S. I am interested in attaching a GPS to it. Does someone here who have my bike also have a GPS on it? How did you attach it? What kind of cradle (and GPS) did you buy?

'95 K75 for 2750

Tell me why I shouldn't

Use your phone dood

>Anything i dont like is for hipsters
Rly meks u tink

Can /dbt/ convince me not to buy a 1290 GT?

Don't do it

Do it bra.
Sexy bike and you can't go wrong with it for all street usage

Do you know what's better than GPS mounting?
Offline Google maps with turn by turn via Bluetooth
That way you never have to take your eyes off the road

>TFW Ural only sells the 2WD version in LHD markets.

I'd love to give that early ABS a try.
Also that seat and pillion handles look comfy as hell.

They sound dull and mind-numbing at low and mid range and never get the fury of an I4 at high range.

Should have called it the speed cripple, because thats what i3s are, crippled i4s.

On my way to work today I adhered to all traffic rules (except for lane splitting which is tolerated but would let you fail license tests). It was so relaxing! And only took me like 5 minutes longer (that's around 15%).

Moral of the story? Speeding is only worth it if there's twisties or if you really need to haul ass on long distance trips.

ayy limone
You coming to SEM? From where do you start?

You can't sleep so you decide to take your bike for night run. You grab your gear and walk outside. It's cool, but not too much so, with the faintest of breezes blowing by. You straddle your baby and turning the key, press the button and listen to her purr. Sitting there for a minute you just listen, the exhaust rumbling, taking in the subtle tones of what you know to be true passion. You step down into first and roll the throttle, pulling off, no idea where you're going. There aren't a lot of people out this time of night, in fact no one you realise. Street after street, there seems to be no one else. You see parked cars but no ones driving. Strange indeed, but you ride on. You decide to take advantage of this and go to a long stretch of straight road you know about. Arriving, there is still no one in sight. You take off! Quickly shifting from first to second. Then to third and fourth, hearing the whine and scream of the engine, loving. You hit fifth, then sixth, pushing your bike to it's limit. Suddenly you realise you've left town. There's a few houses here and there, but you don't know where you are. You've been on the road before, how did this happen. You continue on, deciding to explore this new area. After a while you see a little diner in the middle of no where. So you decide to stop and grab a coffee. You walk in, there's a low lighting, but not so much so to call it dim. You scan the diner and it's empty, save for the waitress behind the counter, and a lone black helmet sitting on it. You decide to take the seat next to helmet, strike up a conversation with the owner when they come back. The waitress comes over, the absolute cliche of a diner waitress with the homely, but not exactly displeasing face, hair in the standard bun, with a few stains spattered on her apron. You tell you'll have just a coffee. She brings over a mug and fills it, you sip on it, not the best you've ever had but it'll suffice. You sit there for quite a while it seems.

>You straddle your baby and turning the key, press the button
I'm sorry, what?

>Sitting there for a minute you just listen, the exhaust rumbling, taking in the subtle tones of what you know to be true passion.
>You tell you'll have just a coffee. She brings over a mug and fills it, you sip on it, not the best you've ever had but it'll suffice.

Tired and needed something to do so I'm just writing shit.
Maybe it sounds weird. But you turn the key then press the start button, spose you'd hit the run button before hand as well, but I always leave mine in the run position. And I suppose if it's kick start totally not applicable. But I couldn't decide on a bike to use, so I went generic.

Ok, the true passion thing was a little much. But you've never just listened to your bike, or enjoyed a cup of coffee.

>his bike can be kickstarted
Oh I am laffin

I prefer quiet bikes and I don't drink coffee. Ideally I just want to hear the gears whining.

As I said mainly generic. Went with the what I thought would be the most relatable.Also I really enjoy sitting and enjoying coffee so that's my own thing.
I actually had a lot more, little short story thing, but just got a call about a surprise recall so I gotta get ready to go to work.

Not that guy but nothing really wrong with kick start. Just can be a huge bitch if it's cold. When I had my dualsport I left a half hour earlier in the morning just in case my bike wanted to be persnickety.

>when after a valve job you can hear the ticking from your engine

>tfw one affordable 919 and it's a 2 hour drive away
>"been dropped once only minor scratches"
>"30k miles, $3500 or best offer :^)"

My engine makes a loud knocking noise. It's pretty cool.

Can be a huge bitch at any time.
I just wanna press a button, not pissfart around.

I own a dirtbike, I know a romanticized idea when I see one.

Definitely prefer the button, but when it was warm I could get in one kick. Wasn't really a hassle cause it was always hot as balls and the engine never needed to warm up except on winter mornings.

Carbs and kickstarters are practical for people too poor or too out there to get a battery. It's the best thing next to using a standard sized car battery instead of one of the thousand special snowflake motorcycle battery sizes.

Seeing as I can ask without derailing, can someone give me the 101 on why my kickstarter isn't working? Not a big deal because it also has electric start, but I can't make the kickstarter work.

valves too far out of adjustment, compression low, AF mixture wrong, you're not doing it right

pick any of the above

take the side cover off and check the gears.

Starts easy with the electric starter though.

I feel like this might be out of my league.

is it actually broken or are you too simple to start the bike by kick starting it though?

You're doing it wrong

As in there is almost no feedback, like I've got no compression when I kick down. Maybe a gear is broken?

honestly just sounds like the bolt that actually holds the kickstarter on is loose.

or maybe you're not getting to TDC first

Hard to know when its at tdc without being able to feel pressure. Is there a website with free workshop manuals?

>want honda hornet
>3 hour drive, low res photos
>more local bike market:
>harley, harley, harley, dirt bike, sportbike, harley
>repeat until out of CL pages

Crashed my bike 3 weeks ago and had to go to ER because I had really bad chest pain, and they said I had nothing. I still have some pain on my chest and some times it gets really bad, I just noticed today the hospital called me and left me a voicemail telling me to call them as soon as possible and that it was regarding the injuries I had.

What the fuck? Do hospitals realise shit 3 weeks later or something? What could it be? I'm scared

Here's the problem they can't lay a finger on:
The short is obviously meant to be atmospherically weighty. The vocabulary throughout was not.
Every descriptor here is the most universally gray possible. "Subtle tones" not a grumbling twin, a whirring v4, or the jagged ambling of a carbureted anything. "Not too much so" (night air), over penetrating salt, biting desert, crisp mountain. "But it'll suffice"
Seriously?

You focus too much on action, when the narrative calls for sensation.
Stick to shitty screenplays. You'll always have a director to eat these shit-sandwiches.

They're calling you to tell you it's heartache because your poor baiku is now a shameful wrecked mess that girls laugh at

Fuck, I used shit in two consecutive sentences.
Related exercise; place your fictional bike here. Describe the SMELL of the river, not it's sound.

Erectile dysfunction. Picked up when he had the MRI.

Smells like a hooker just washed her pussy. Fresh, but still as rotten as a bar toilet, with a hint of old beer cans from the last party who ate out here.

Sounds like a fluid mass. Especially if it's gotten worse over time.
They develop the scans fully after you've left. They probably called to tell you while it's still urgent, not deadly.

You are possibly the biggest faggot that I've encountered on Veeky Forums, and I trolled on /mlp/.

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Quick rundown?

Bzzt. Stick your head in a bowl of active yeast. Add soap.
It'll start (insert douche flavour here), but through the course of a well described finger check you stir up something acrid...like a dive-bar pisspot.... As the audience nears the folds, the "stunning revelation" is betrayed as RECENTLY "used goods".

Mate that imagery to Old Boy's penchant for action (a rutted dirt access to shore?) and you're bestseller status.

So if I add the word chagrin to every third sentence and describe a vampire's lack of chest hair, do you think I could make money off this writing thing?

Do it, make some of the vampires gay though to get that 14 year old girl money (hint: allude to the butt stuff, but do not go into detail).

White girls fuck dogs. They'll read anything shirtless.

Next troll, please.
(I'm moderately surprised at the hostility, presumably also directed at the initial writer. It's a solitary hobby. The fuck are you thinking about, sweeping corners in the dark?)

I'm thinking about anime tiddies and motorcycles.

Oh, onsa, insult Suzuki one more time, your opinions are so hot...

I want that, so I can put it next to my Lego sportbike

Only works with English speaking countries.

Google can't pronounce the street names here for shit. A proper GPS is better.

>want hornet top triple clamp for my f4I so I can use a handlebar instead of clip ons
>not even really available on eBay
The hell? Did they even sell in the US?

just drill 2 holes?

why do people insist on flowery bullshit language? it doesn't add anything and just takes longer to read. an actualy interesting challenge is using as few words as possible

for the same reason people who can't ride putt around on sportbikes in flashy leathers.

when you can't do something, you can still convince an untrained observer that you actually can, especially when in the presence of people who are even worse at the task at hand than you are.

Anybody here can give an honest opinion on the VTR1000 Firestorm? Known as superhawk in the US I'm pretty sure, looking to upgrade to a big boy bike for everyday riding this year, currently own a DR650 and haven't rode anything remotely fast motorbike-wise, got my open license while ago
Asking because there are so many cheap second hand ones around near me and they are all average or better condition

Dubs tells me what to do with the borough superior parts i just got in

fairly decent all rounder bikes if you can find one in good condition