Islam makes the bold claim that the Bible (New and Old Testament) and all other previous revelations have been...

Islam makes the bold claim that the Bible (New and Old Testament) and all other previous revelations have been corrupted and have lost their original meaning. Is there any evidence for this?

Tbf they've been run through google translate several times

But other than that, no, you just take it as a thing of faith, like Abraham looking at God's ass in the OT or Jesus walking on water.

Moses, not Abraham. My bad

I think it is something Mehmet took from certain gnostic sects with marcionist background.

The Quran never actually says this, and the argument is a pretty modern one as early and Classical Islamic theology only claimed that priests and rabbis were misleading their flock from the true message while the Quran was justified in being a new revelation that came to update God's law, not simply confirm or deny it.

>Is there any evidence for this?
Yes, just take a look at the contradictory gospels, clearly written by men, admitted to have been written by men, yet a religion about God? How is this something to be followed

This.

>Islam makes the bold claim that the Bible (New and Old Testament) and all other previous revelations have been corrupted

If you mean re-written and re-edited numerous times then yes - it is entirely correct.

different user but adding to your point, Gabriel told Mohammad the holy scripture in a language that is still alive in such a way that Mohammad would not forget the words that Gabriel told him. Since Mohammad was able to recount Gabriel''s message perfectly in a language that people still speak

What are you getting at?

All I know is that one could find a Qu'ran from 1000 years ago and it would literary be the same as one from now. The interpretation might have but the text hasn't changed except in style of writing maybe (akin to a font change in MS Word I mean).

>Yes, just take a look at the contradictory gospels, clearly written by men, admitted to have been written by men, yet a religion about God? How is this something to be followed

Quran is even worse DESU.

>in such a way that Mohammad would not forget the words that Gabriel told him.

Hadiths actually tell that Muhammad forgot some verses.

yes and no. there is clear evidence of the Torah evolving overtime from monolatrism to monotheism, not Islam to Judaism

>bold claim

yes, the fact that christianity adapt and modernise through ages

bible is rewritten, and reedited for numerous times that it probably differ so much from the original text

while muslim preserve koran in its traditional language and text, by which even one alphabet or letter difference is not tolerable by islamic standard

>hadith

Being a Quran aloner is self contradictory cause Quran itself orders to follow tradition (i.e. sunnah).

>they've been run through google translate several times
And a number of spoiled, egotistical Wikipedia editors.

While Islam and the other popular organized religions tend to be conflict-driven "us vs. them" doctrines, this isn't a wild claim. Both the old and new testament have been tampered with so many times throughout history (particularly by people with enough power to completely destroy any pre-edit copies), that the messages and stories within them have been getting exponentially further and further removed from the original work.

I mean, yes, they are all just stories made-up by desert people who were claiming to be the messiah of the week ("But -I- am the -REAL- messiah! Unlike all those other ones, I -ACTUALLY- saw and talked to God! Well, it was out in the middle of the desert, with no witnesses, while I was in the process of starving and dehydrating, and I had to memorize the whole several-hour revelation long enough to recite it word-for-word to the first guy who was willing to write it down, but it's all true! I swear! Oh and God also said that all other messiahs before and after me were/are fake."), but at least Islam's book hasn't changed from the original version (at least, not that their religious/government leaders were willing to tell their people about), which is evident in the overwhelming amount of content based around the superstitious, ignorant, fearful, and malicious mentalities of antiquity.

Yes this is true. However Islam isnt an exeption. There existed multiple versions of the Quran until 1 Kalif (the third I think) managed to make his own version the only and offical one. One of the persons with another version was actually Ali himself: His version had almost twice as much Suras as the modern one.

>Ali
>Shia
just to clear shieet up, dis stuff be intrasstaay

>Both the old and new testament have been tampered with so many times throughout history (particularly by people with enough power to completely destroy any pre-edit copies), that the messages and stories within them have been getting exponentially further and further removed from the original work.

But that isn't true tho

No

Exactly the opposite is true. Tens of thousands of manuscripts in dozens of countries don't spontaneously corrupt themselves exactly the same way at exactly the same time without anyone noticing.

The quran directly contradicts the bible; they have to say something, so they did. They said the bible is God's word, and that it is corrupted. They have no examples, and absolutely no ground to stand on.

Dead sea scroll of Isaiah is 99.8% identical to what we have today. That's transmission over several thousand years. And the differences are spelling variants and idioms, or a copyist error. None of it touches doctrine.

They've even found older scrolls, so old and burnt that they can't be opened, and have imaged them. The text is 100% identical, and again that's over several thousand years.

The bible is a written tradition, not an oral tradition.