Mfw americans on this board would pay 4k dollars to import a 24yr old Twingo

>mfw americans on this board would pay 4k dollars to import a 24yr old Twingo

when memes go too far...

Other urls found in this thread:

tuev-sued.de/car-vehicles/periodic-roadworthiness-test-and-exhaust-gas-analysis/prepare-yourself/checklist-for-cars
de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/154506/umfrage/durchschnittliches-alter-von-pkw-in-deutschland/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only $4k? thanks didn't know it was so cheap to own a twingo.

What wrong with it if they can afford it?
There are people who fucking spend thousands of dollars on a plastic figurine or jumping one time from a tower with a rubber band attached.
A Twingo can give you all of this and more

They cost next to nothing in most of Europe, so you'd pretty much only pay the shipping, import and registration fees.

Idk it's just stupid to spend so much money just to feel like Germany's underclass.

I swear sometimes they seem smugger than usual even though it's the same car and not modified

yeah, they cost like 100$

now add shipping costs and taxes and you get 4k

Protip: They don't want it to feel underclass, they want it because it is unique with it's silly happy face. No other modern car looks like this. Mixed with practicality and a bit of irony.

Wie neu bist du, Neuschwuchtel?

I never thought of the Twingo as unique or even interesting before Veeky Forums. It was just another Fiat Seicento or Ford Ka to me - a horrible shitbox that nobody in their right mind would want to own.

I felt the same and found it to be pretty gay looking when it was new.
Then I had to drive one since my own car was in the shop and it grew on me. As I mentioned before it is also incredibly practical and no Polo has this much room inside with the same outer dimensions.
ALSO, modern cars look so fucking tryhard and annoying that seeing that faggy little Twingo smile actually feels like a fresh breeze. The world went fully bizarre in a span of only a couple years.

>this is the average face of the same class the Twingo1 was in when it was on the market

Why the fuck do designers think it is a pleasure to see this in the morning when you get to your car and have to go to work?
Wouldn't you actually prefer to get greeted by a "HEY, WE'RE GOING FOR A DRIVE???".

I fucking swear, modern car designers are cuckolds and/or love to be a sissy fuckboi at home with some massive bull taking care of them.

These lil cunts look pretty smug.

only because VW was able to keep their design pretty lowkey for some reason.
maybe they're so successful that they can afford to design more conservatively

I'm not the biggest fan of everything looking angry nowadays, but I wouldn't go as far as to buy a feminine car just to be contrarian, especially for 4k. I could probably get a pretty cool RWD coupe for that money.

YOU WANT A FRIENDLY CAR? WHAT ARE YOU, A FAGGOT? EHEHEHEHE

It's weird that everything had to go full REEEE all of a sudden. I mean Toyota went from this...

some dudes prefer it EXTRA THICC

To this angry little thing.

>xbox - the car

4 grand is pocket change.

I mean it's kinda neat they sell multiple color options, but why did it have to look like it hates everything?

I'm going to start a dealership that only sells happy cars.

U FAGGOT WANNA DRIVE AGAIN?!
WHARBLGARBLHARBLBARBL

MAYBE the pendulum sways back and you will be just in time to make mad dosh

relevant

Yes, it's not just car enthusiasts who are fed up with the ANGERY CAR look.
I figured my selection would be 50% on the low end, well-maintained Twingos for young/poor people, and 50% restored classics like this Austin-Healey Sprite

Mazdas used to be happy as fuck

I mean, come the fuck on. Even supercars were really friendly looking at some point

2011 Porsche Cayman

Porsche is like the only brand that still does friendly super/hypercars.

I love Porsche.
They have some shit like SUVs to please the normies and then still release absurdly nice driving machines and the new 911 is even available again with a 6sp Manuel.

Also yes, they don't go with the angry fad mostly which is based as fuck.

In the US if your fully functioning car was worth $110 you would just let it rot or scrap it.
Cheap cars in the US are $500, and those are total shit boxes on their last legs no one would want to drive.
Your markets are artificially low because of government taxing the hell out of everything.

>you wanna have a match, hehe?
>oh, hehe your engine asploded?

>Your markets are artificially low because of government taxing the hell out of everything.
Correct.
Some Burgers stated they'd rather have our taxes but a big pool of cheap cars to choose from but I'd say those particular Burgers just don't know how good they have it.

as a burger I'd prefer no taxes so I could afford more cars because I have a $2000 dollar shit box that I've dumped $4,000 in to keep running. which has decimated my savings.

Your post makes no sense.
Also just because you could afford 10 twingos in Europe, doesn't mean you could afford to register, insure, fuel, and repair any of them.

taxes still take 1/5th of my money here in burgerland, if they didn't I'd have more savings with which to buy a better car that won't break down as much.

you said you've met burgers that want shitty high taxes for cheaper cars
I am the opposite end of the spectrum and want no taxes so I can buy more expensive cars.

This. Used car prices are pretty low, generally in line with and sometimes even below US-market prices.
However, the total cost of ownership is much, much higher.

If I want a twingo, what year is a good model?

2000+ got a new engine, airbags standard, cleaner bumpers and structural improvements so you're slightly less likely to die in the event of a crash.

Also banana dials.

>banana dials

A true insider is speaking

I think they have some slight body resemblance with bunnies so I'd rather take two Twingos

TWO TWINGOS??

Yup, Twingo thread regular here.

This really made me think.

What if you put TWO Twingos in a container and divide the shipping shit with a buddy who also wants to buy one?
Would this be possible?

that fucking image

>could buy a Twingo right now for $89 at the current exchange rate
>A WORKING VEHICLE FOR LESS THAN A BENJAMIN
This is crazy. Where did all of our cheapo used cars go? Did cash for clunkers gobble them all up?

They don't go with the angry fad because Porsche's design department is employed of people who only know how to cut and paste

And that's totally fine with me

To be fair, the Twingos in the OP are the bottom of the barrel. One of them says "Kein TÜV" which means "did/would not pass general inspection". Repairs are likely to cost hundreds if not thousands.
Actually decent Twingos start around 400€

>cash for clunkers
This was also a huge pile of steaming shit in Yurop too.
Unbelievable amounts of really mint shitbox material DESTROYED or shipped to Africa.
There are also hundreds of reports of normalfaggots who gave away cars that were worth easily over €10k to get a 1 or 2k discount on a tiny 60hp hatchback because they drank ALL of the koolaid.

I'm guessing those Twingos are so cheap because they didn't pass inspection in Germany, and getting them in good enough condition where they would pass the inspection would cost more than what the owner originally bought them for.

>I'm guessing those Twingos are so cheap because they didn't pass inspection in Germany

Depends. Mostly yes, but Twingos just reached the bottom end.
I myself had to sell a 1990 Passat with 200k km that ran perfectly fine but no one bought it for 300 and since I moved and didn't have a parking spot I had to sell it for whatever came and in the end I got miserly 100 for it.
It didn't have TÜV but it would have passed it.

I live in Florida we don't have vehicle inspections

Speaking of '90s Passats, those things have bottomed out fucking hard as well. Can pick up a B3 or B4 with the same engine as a GTI of the same era for a couple hundred eurobucks.

Even germany makes happy cars.

Yea I saw that "kein TUEV" notice, but even 400 Eurobucks is dirt fucking cheap. A 400 dollar car here would probably last a few months if you're lucky.

It was a fucking mess. I wasn't into cars at the time but I remember reading articles saying the program was basically ineffectual at improving the car market or environmental standards and only resulted in higher prices on the used market.

I have no idea how expensive inspections are in Germany but my guess is they aren't cheap. But still it's a super cheap car with barely over 100k miles equivalency, that's a steal.

>I have no idea how expensive inspections are in Germany but my guess is they aren't cheap. But still it's a super cheap car with barely over 100k miles equivalency, that's a steal.
The inspections are cheap, around 80-100 EUR

... once every 2 years

That's not too bad, although here there aren't any inspections besides emissions and those are government funded.

The problem isn't the price, the problem is how strict they are. Your car really needs to be in good shape to be allowed on the road.
Getting a busted car in roadworthy shape in Germany takes a lot of time and money.

You're telling me you don't want to walk outside and be yelled at?

How strict?

What?

>4,5 metres
>Compact

tuev-sued.de/car-vehicles/periodic-roadworthiness-test-and-exhaust-gas-analysis/prepare-yourself/checklist-for-cars
They've got a helpful list up on their site.

>german cars with no lights on the dashboard

I can't remember seeing one

So you're telling me that every german middle class person just buys a new german car every year since they can't get them to pass inspection?

I would fail due to
>windscreen spiderweb crack (patched by me)
>tires have a bit of dry rot
>frame is almost entirely covered in surface rust
>exhaust is loud because of a hole
That's pretty strict stuff

>MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE, FUCKING OLD BASTARD

>yes yes, I do what I can....

No. The average car is 9 years old.
de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/154506/umfrage/durchschnittliches-alter-von-pkw-in-deutschland/

Twingo is pretty tame compared to this one though.
This is some manic shit

Oh Peugeot...

looks like a happy shark

oh fug this is mazda-tier manic serial rapist look

In some cases they went from angry to about to break down crying

The huge manic grille was their signature design element between the early 2000s and mid-2010s.

They've moved on to friendlier things nowadays though.

that's a new car?

looks like an Audi TT concept from 99 or something

110 USD for a car that's faster than the GT86

It's a facelift of the older model, which came out in 2009, and in turn borrows heavily from the 308 (which came out in 2007).

or the Pepe version, tuned to 60 HP

If I exported a Twingo, how would I get gas for it? European octane levels are much higher than the US. Some places in Europe have something like 98 octane, my local gas station only does 91.

It's measured differently in North American. 98 Euro is equivalent to 93, same with 95 and 91.