Would it have sold if it had 200 HP, RWD, and was pure gasoline powered instead of hybrid?

Would it have sold if it had 200 HP, RWD, and was pure gasoline powered instead of hybrid?

Other urls found in this thread:

j-spec.com.au/featured/2015-Honda-S660-Alpha-17734.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course

>is water wet?

>would it have sold if it were desirable instead of undesirable

Hmmm what did he mean by this?

>rwd
nope, people would disregard it easily, at least normies would

kek

Just wait few more years for batteries to go out so their price drops to under 5k then buy kswap kit to make k-rz and live your dream
Wont b to long now

It didn't really need that.

It's 140 bhp engine + FWD was perfectly fine.

Problem was the hybrid nonsense and the heavy weight. If it had been a proper CRX sucessor, yes, it would have sold like hot cakes.

Yes

>200 HP

>would it have sold if it was a completely different car?

Meanwhile, the Veloster gets to live and reproduce a second generation.

Honda phoned the CRZ in while Hyundai came out of nowhere with a Tiburon replacement that was more CRX-y than Honda's own offering.

Korea-san delivers again.

j-spec.com.au/featured/2015-Honda-S660-Alpha-17734.html

These are now importable into my country.

I wonder how they would go with typical turbo car mods and a tune

But it's ugly as shit

It'd be nice to DD a CRZ and have the CRX on the side as my toegay masheen [=<

CRZ BY DAY.

CRX BY NIGHT.

Korea will never beat Honda.

I have one of these, they are rare as fuck.

but they already did dipshit :^)

Keep it fwd, just non hybrid and k powered it would have sold a shit ton.

There's a red one that has been sitting at a used car lot about 4 miles from my house for nearly a year now.

90s BMW? Was gone from the lot within 2mos.
00s Accord? Was gone from the lot within a month.

They're rare because nobody wants them.

If it was ugly as shit, it wouldn't have sold as well as it has. Youre the minority.

Suuuuure. Only in your dreams. Give me a Civic Hatchback sport equivalent for your shitty gooks.

confirmed retard.

still rare.

>Not a hatchback
Koreans will never win. They can't make good cars.

Civics are fucking hideous m8.
Not a car to be proud of.

Dunno whats up with fags hating on this economically priced fun sportser it has amazing potential

>posts modern one
>convieniently avoids ones from the EG to the EP hatch

btfo

backpedal harder cuck, we are not in the 90s anymore.

only costs 4k in parts to do a k20 swap, not all that bad.

That isn't hideous? You must be blind.

We're not in the 90s but the gooks were never good in the first place. I want a reliable car with good resale. It will COST me money to sell the shitty gook cars used cause nobody wants em.

Civic redefined hideous. The Japs are utter shit at exterior design currently. Everything from the Lexus LS to the Nissan Sentra is fugly right now.

You are right about resale on Korean cars though. This is why you buy them used to abuse, not new.

>but the gooks were never good in the first place
Yet the Elantra is the best selling compact car in America :^)

Far more sales than even the '07 Civic from before the economy crisis.

I own the civic hatcback sport. It looks amazing. It's just Veeky Forums's autism for Twingo styling clouding your judgement.

What? Comparing 2017 sales to a decade ago? Are you retarded? How about we compare 2017 sales?
April 2017 - Cars Only, no Pickups or SUVs
#2 - Honda Civic - 31,211
#10 - Hyundai Elantra - 16,345
The gooks will never make a good car.

>I own the civic hatcback sport. It looks amazing. It's just Veeky Forums's autism for Twingo styling clouding your judgement.
How about you say like it is you dumb fuck?

>I'm a poor fag who will never fall for the new car meme even though I sit here like a fat fucking faggot defending the worst Honda model released in this decade, also I own a 20 year old car because I'm a neet autist who can't afford anything else

>Projecting
Why don't you get a college degree user and you could afford a new car easy. I'm also eyeing an 86. Because I make money and I can afford it. Just because you're poor doesn't mean everyone else is. Peace out.

Nigger it would've sold more if they had thrown all the hybrid junk out and just threw in a base 140hp Civic engine. Seriously wouldn't been lighter, faster, more fuel efficient, and tickled that "muh purity" boner better.

I like the Veloster, but its passenger side and front fascia is p ugly breh.

Also being a bit smaller would've been nice too, but whatever, can't have it all. I can't wait to see how they fixed up the new Veloster.

AHEM

Probably, but then it'd be a hardtop Honda Miata and not a "modernized" version of the CR-X.

Passenger side looks p cool to me.

Its that awkward as fuck, huge as fuck drivers side door that looks weird.

Also if you wanna know what the next Veloster is gonna look like just imagine this but more weird.

>200 HP
>RWD
>Pure gas
Excuse me sir, what you are describing is a non-convertible Miata. This car tried to be a CR-X, not a Miata.

Korean cars are the new Nissan. Cheap pos that anyone with even the shittiest credit can get approved for

Yes

Thought that was an audi or Porsche SUV for a second. I'm seeing Corolla fog lights. It's just a complete mismatch. I applaud the gooks for making a solid effort though.

anything rwd+cheap would sell (among people at least remotely interested in cars) right now.

no because nobody except the fags on here cares about RWD

To bad it's fucking ugly.

All wheel drive and utilizing the hybrid system as an engine booster instead of being a passive system.

Then it would have sold and commanded a premium like the RS.

>would it have sold if it were a godmachine?
hell, even if you keep the FWD I'd have been happy with it

The Veloster is the type of car that kids who know nothing of cars buy because it looks soooo sportyy and cooollll
Dig a hole and promptly die in it.

Put your trip back on, anti-gook shill.

>Mom can i get that one, it looks sporty.

I work at a dealership and we have taken in quite a few of these on trade. While I agree with you that Honda phoned in the CRZ, (they fucked that up royally), the Veloster is a cheap, rancid, gutless wonder. Even the turbo model is sickly. These things barely get out of their own way. And they are not nice inside. The interior is cheap feeling and uninspiring. They are objectively LCD cars for LCD people. The original CRX is such a better and more soulful car that you even remotely comparing this to the CRX is insulting. But you enjoy, someone has to I suppose.

>Would it have sold if it had 200 HP, RWD, and was pure gasoline powered instead of hybrid?
Does the BRZ and GT86 sell?

The CR-Z was the CRX reimagined, with the hybrid powertrain used to get similar mileage to the minimalist and unbloated original. The trouble is that people who like the CRX now like it because it looks good and is cheap, and they tend not to be in the position to buy new cars. That leaves the CR-Z marketed to who?

You can't even get leather in a CRZ (or a new Civic Si), yet you can in a Veloster.

You can't even get a panoramic sunroof in a CRZ (or a new Civic Si), yet you can in a Veloster.

Introduced in 2011 as a 2012 model, the Veloster is due for an update, but pretending muh shit car meme is just lazy.

People like the Veloster, and don't like the CRZ.

>muh normie features
Is the Veloster supposed to be some sort of 90s Honda-inspired boyracer hatch or a "quirky" commuter for the "cars are appliances, I want more infotainment" crowd? Nobody buys a Civic Si for its interior and nobody buys a CR-Z in the first place.

Veloster was first and foremost an economy car with unique styling.

Akin to how the Merc CLS was just an E-Class for the fashion crowd.

It literally wasn't Hyundai's fault that everyone misunderstood and decided the Veloster's design dictated it was supposed to be a 200mph superhatch.

The reporting is all over the place that the Veloster was only meant to be a more fuel-efficient Tiburon in the Hyundai line-up.

Why is everyone mad that the Veloster exceeded the manufacturer's own expectations?

>The Veloster is the type of car that kids who know nothing of cars buy because it looks soooo sportyy and cooollll

But that's the mustang and camaro.

I doubt it would have sold a shit ton being a 2 seater but this is the correct answer