>cycle-ergo.com/

Check your helmets score:
>crash.org.au/

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck.
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

webms with sounds:
Previously on deebeetee

First for now none of you fuckers can be first.

This thread sucks

>cars move your body
>bikes move your soul

KTM a shit
No KTM can carry this much luggage and not break into two.
Honda >>>> KTM

shills get out

thoughts on the CB650F? thinking it would be a good bike to do my direct access on.

Sure

Yesterday I posted about how my motorcycle wouldn't start. Basically, I'd press the start button and all I'd get was a single click from the starter relay and nothing would get it going

Today, I went out to take the bike apart and test the starter and solenoid and battery etc but I tried turning the bike on first and it fired up immediately

What the fuck is going on?

Forgot your sacrifice to the carb god?

connection problems.

First for Er6N

Maybe.

Also it was kind of hot out yesterday and I was riding a lot before it stopped working. Could it be that it overheated and was preventing itself from turning on? Is that something that bikes do?

Applying for a dealership job today.
What goes into an employment letter? Special considerations for Old Man Honda?

Without help, I tend to get into 20 page screeds about the lack of effective marketing, specifically to people under 30. They're leaving so much money on the table...

fist how are you applying for this, randomly posting a letter, responding to a job posting, something else?

second what do you mean by employment letter? just your cv, you've got one and you need a cover letter or both.

>damage control

Can you list some of these issues or are you just talking out of your arse?

And what about racing motorcycles lasting 30,000-50,000km is a bad thing?
go back even 10 years and 20,000km for a racing dirt bike was awesome.

If you want a reliable dirt bike buy one that was designed to be reliable not one that was designed to be lightweight and powerful...

Posting on dealer website. It doesn't specify "cv here," but I was going to use the "additional comments" section for that.
I have a scattered resume, with every job I've ever gotten derived from some manner of bullshit. Cover letter, undercover visit ("you know, I actually applied yesterday"), plant an employee, etcetera.
I just have no idea what a bike sales(woman) wants to hear.
The manager also rides a vfr, is white, and is an army veteran. Makes me one for four from the jump.(vet)

Hello brother!

(old pic, tidied it up a lot since buying it)

How you finding it? Had mine for about 9 months now and can't decide on how I feel about it myself, easy to work on I will say that much, everything is so easy to get to with minimal work, maintainance is a breeze.

You can only post in this thread if your bike is fuel injected.

>he's not white
>he doesn't ride a VFR (retro pigfat 90s sportbike still made in the 2000s for some reason even though the only touring thing about it is a reinforced subframe seriously honda why)

what if you have both a fuel injected bike and a bike with a carby?

You can post as long as the FI bike is your primary ride.

Hey! I'm sufficiently mixed to pass as a Jew.
...until excited.

Better get your VFR then

remember, fifth gen best gen, silver best color

What you gonna do

reeeeeeeeee get out

If the hipsters can have their 70s UJMs middle age men can have their heavyweight sport bikes.

Remember there's ADV style versions of the new VFRs anyways.

Good, the only thing worse than being pointlessly heavy is being pointlessly top heavy and having poor on-road handling just because you live on a graded road

I hate the adventure bike meme.

>want honda NC700S
>only get honda NC700X because americans sure love their beaks and overly tall pavement queens

honda why do you hate us

More of this peen latrine

hmm ok, this actually benefits you. Your CV should be short anyway (2 sides of a single sheet of a4 exactly) but you'll want to condense it even further for this.
Since its online it is even easier to not read so don't wast their time if they do happen to give you their time.

I don't know you exact situation but I would go for this sort of formula.

>personal statement
four or five sentences that highlight what you say in the later sections. Don't say anything here if it isn't mentioned later on.

>list of specific skills
should have one per line, and this isn't "good with people", you are puting things like "drivers licence", "xyz certification", "first aid" etc. you say you were in the army so you should have a few and lets you remind him of the connection.

>employment history
two ways to do this first is a list of jobs followed by a paragraph that describes what you got from them all. this is good if they are all quite similar as you can get all the key points without repeating your self
second way is a short paragraph for the three most recent/relevant if they are all quite different. good if you are old and have had hundreds of random jobs over the years

>education
depends how much education you have and how long ago it was but keep it brief unless you are doing something right now or have a recent and relevent qualification from uni/college. again if you got any qualifications from the army put it here

>optional extras
only put this in if it is directly relevant. eg I work in IT and put the STEM volunteering I do here because it gets employers harder than diamond.

as far as the actually content for each section and what they want to here it is actually very simple.

cont.

since it is vehicle sales they want to know three things.
>are you interested in motorbikes
yes you are
>are you a retard
no you are not
>can you talk to people
yes you can

every single sentence should emphasise one of these and should follow the template
>"I'm the fucking best and this is an explicit reason why"

every time you mention something you should question "who gives a fuck" and if the answer isn't on the page write it eg
>"in my last job I helped people buy draggon dildos"
who gives a fuck
>"my last job gave me a strong foundation in sales as I was responsible for recomending the best dragon dildo's for each of our customers individual needs"
>"I'm the fucking best and this is an explicit reason why"
oh ok there's a point here

protip for Germanfags: Ordering Motorvision on amazon video gives you a 14 days free trial which allows you to watch the TT this weekend.

You can instantly cancel it and make sure you never pay a thing.

It also shows a documentary about the TT right now.

Crossrunner and Crosstourer don't even pretend to be able to offroad anyways, they have an extra inch of ride height, upright bars, and a taller screen and that's about it. They only look sort of tall because they move the front bodywork away from the front tire.

It's the same thing with the NC700X, when I see one coming at me until I see the beak I actually think of dorky 80s sport bikes.

>crash cage
Okay maybe the 800 slightly pretends now

What's up /dbt/?

Bought some attire today, new kevlar jeans and a proper driving jacket with kevlar linings and a Nolan N87 to replace my old AGV.

AND BOIII, can I tell you, some of the best purchases I've made. Went on a small ride at 10:30pm while it was 6 degrees celcius outside, felt like a warm summer evening AND I could hardly feel any wind at all, noticed I was doing 160kmh all of a sudden and wasn't being ripped apart on my naked.

Best suggestion I can make to all of you
>Buy proper gear and a nice helmet
It will make driving so much more enjoyable.

BTW fuck Nolan for not providing the N87 remote install plate with the N-Com B5.

also as a side note you seem to have done your research but look at the posing again and look at what it is actually asking for and answer any specifications word for word. Assume who ever is reading it is a retard in HR and needs every thing spelled out for them, they cannot infer anything.

if it says "must have/be x,y,z", coppy that into your bit and replace "must" with "I" and slap an example on the end

buying a proper leather suit is even better

>tfw cutting through wind instead of getting it caught up in your textile clothes.

>looking like a rossi-larping faggot on a non-supersport
Unless you mean assless chaps, ofcourse...

This to be honest, power ranger suits can only be worn on supersports.

Mind you the NC-X is almost literally a half fairing NC where the half fairing happens to have a beak.

you wanna go faster than 140 KPH you want leather.

Its a lot smoother riding and even cruising on the Autobahn is a lot less stressful.

Nah.

>frequently go above 240kph in tshirt and shorts

>always commute going 320kph naked with sandals

I'm planning on buying an Arai and a Rev'it perforated leather jacket here soon to replace my aging cheapshit helmet and textile jacket that is too big now.

Can't wait, just waiting for the spending cycle to come back around so I can actually drop $1000 on gear without putting something more important off.

>sandals
don't you find that a bit restricting?

>regularly ride 200mph butt ass naked on the interstate at night

>have spent far too many hours (according to my lower back) on bike these last few weeks
>about 700 miles just around town
>Minnesota, so many, many other motorcycles
>have seen a grand total of maybe 3 other guys in ATGATT like me

Did get to chat with a very cute Asian girl in a little summer dress on a Ruckus. But then the light finally changed and she didn't follow me home.

700 miles in a few weeks is a lot?
i have done that in a day...

It's 35°C (~95°F) outside, I have to commute home through city traffic. I'm gonna fucking die. This heat has no place in Canada, I want my comfy 22° days back.

You call that riding a motorcycle?

I do thousands of miles every day on a sportbike. Maybe you should stick to cars.

>not doing the kessel run in fourteen parsecs just for fun on weekdays

>doesn't own fully perforated textile gear for >30 celcius

What a fucking plebeian. I'm doing at least 250 light years everyday on an grizzly bear wearing nothing but the hides of it's children.

I have to buy a new bike once a week due to the excessive kilometers i will put on them.

I own fully perforated gear, I'll be wearing it. 35°C is still too fucking warm for me, with or without gear.

do you at least get to filter to the front at traffic lights so you can go WOT and cool down when it goes green?

>tfw used to have a completely mesh jacket that was practically see through mesh holding a few areas of armor and denier nylon
It probably would've shredded in a real crash but goddamn, it was fucking comfy.

>he needs textiles for >30C
Actually hilariously the hottest part of any of my gear is the kevlar arm panels on one of my jackets because they're black and right against my skin.

The black does not make you warmer in this case.

No headlights for weight reduction

NOPE, it's illegal and is heavily enforced.

Motorcycles have ruined cycling for me. It was my only way of staying in shape too besides bodyweight exercises. Not road cycling but leisurely riding dirt/paved trails on a mtn bike. It's just so uncomfortable and slow and I've rode all the trails around me multiple times.
I used to ride my bicycle to work for many years but I feel much safer taking the motorcycle, I can ride away from traffic rather than have it blow past me two feet away because my town is semi-rural so there's jack shit for non-car infrastructure. It's funny; a year of riding a motorcycle to work and down highways, in heavy traffic, and I become confident. But years of riding a bicycle on the side of the road and I still get that scared, anxious feeling. It's suicide.

>Motorcycles have ruined cycling for me.
You say that like it is a bad thing.

Push bikes are for children.

eh I don't know where you live but bicycles are still p chill where I live, people are quite respectful if you are to them

How uncivilized of your country then

>we see that you are fully exposed to the elements and have a hot-running engine with a lackluster cooling system
>we could let you ride between stopped cars, which aryan motorcyclists do worldwide every single day without issue
>but we won't, because then we would regret not having motorcycles
>so shut up and buy a goldwing with AC faggot

at least you aren't molesting little boys anymore

The biggest reason for filtering being legal is because motorcycles get rear ended in stop start traffic.

It's canada, we're like the US except less bikes and worse drivers in cities. Drivers also tend to be dicks toward bikes and aren't comfortable with us going up in between them. There's also the matter of me not wanting to be run over by a city bus.

If I was on the interstate it would be different, but I'm just a noob on a 250 doing city streets. I think that being eligible for BRC 2 after less than a month on the saddle isn't bad.

There are many reasons for it to be legal

but "us car folk are jealous" trumps all of them

Trap user?

why no more aesthetic bikes like this

that looks like shit

Post boipucci

Cycling is how I got big quads
>but squats
Doesn't help for endurance
Who said I stopped?

Make me
Also is it just me or is my carb basically held in by hopes and dreams and is about 3 seconds from falling out

It looks like a crashed Ninja 250

But without all the usual crashed sportbike shit like exposed coolant tanks, harness plugs, and ignition coils (stuff you don't want to be wet, or available for fucking with in shady parking lots)

>1 garage
>4 bikes
>10 carbs

fite me

>Buying a bike because it's easier to wrench on
99% of your bike time will be spent riding. Excluding Ducati and Harley's expensive parts you should base buying on how it suits your riding

Removing and replacing fairings for common shit like oil changes and coolant flushes is not fun and just gives you more opportunities to accidentally fuck the bodywork

To bad that the fastest one is pigfat.

My bike gear gets stuck sometimes, espeacially when shifting down from 2 to 1, it doesnt shift.

What could it be?

Changed the oil recently?

Three of the four are pigfat.

Never fear, though. One of the pigs is getting put up for sale after some brake work this weekend, pending replacement with something smaller and lighter.

A fifth that will reign as the fastest of the bunch by far is slated to be squeezed in fourth quarter of this year.

>Oil changes
Unless you do them weekly, your literally worried about 30 extra minutes of your time every 4-6 months and ruling out some of nicest bikes. You probably shitpost an hour a day

Also
>Not buying a new
>Not just throwing a couple hundred on services at dealership every 6 months and test riding other bikes while the service is being done

>Being worried about half an hour or chump change every six months

motorcycle failed inspection, needs tires front+rear and a rear brake pad

What tires would you all recommend, what do you use yourself?

>K6 GSXR 1000 btw

No. Oil levels are good.

I just brought it and the oil was good level so wasnt changed.

How hard is it to get your license in the US? I've never ridden a bike with gears, but I can drive manual in a car so I understand the clutch/throttle dynamic. I want to get my license first before I buy a starter bike because I have to drive it home.

PR4s. Durable, good in the rain, more than sticky enough.

is it bad that I really want one of these boomer cycles? I mean its a Honda after all

>TFW everyone hates the stock battalax yet I've never felt the slightest slip

What model? I use to have an American built shadow 1100, was fun to ride but spent 90% of it's life in pieces

Brand new or used? If used i would change the oil, as oil gets worn and thinner it makes shifting harder