Chevy Suburban

Why do I never hear anyone on Veeky Forums talk about Suburbans or Tahoes? I'm a European and have never seen one of these in real life, but they seem cool as hell and I'd definitely want to own one if I were an American.

youtube.com/watch?v=EWH-yTzLs7k

Other urls found in this thread:

bham.craigslist.org/cto/6147105982.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're all driven by women too small to see over the steering wheel.

Is it really? Then again they're also driven by Secret Serivcemen who know what they're doing.

because there's really nothing special about them, they're exactly what you expect from a big SUV

i see one at my local autox, looks like possibly a cop trim and he runs times as fast as most cars

Not in rural Alberta

My mom had one. We would drive to Mexico in it. It was a 1500+ mile drive and my ass was sore as fuck in it. Those seats were rock fucking hard. It was pretty fuel efficient though, especially for an SUV. Lots and lots of cargo room, too.

true mang, I live in a major city, and almost all the tahoes and suburbans i see day to day are just women or niggas

Because they are everything that is wrong with american cars: They have a massive, imposing exterior and an interior that is even worse than soviet cars.

They look so menacing from the front, and very simple from the back, no weird lights or any other funky bits. I love the design.

t. someone who has never ridden in one

who the fuck thinks a suburban is menacing

I come from a country where everyone drives a VW hatchback.

What does that change about the god awful interior? American roads being so garbage that they can only be traversed in offroad vehicles anymore isn't an argument for the Suburban, it's only a confession of failure for the USA.

Every time i see a black one i think about the FBI kicking down my door and seizing my computer because i went to the wrong website or saw the wrong thing.
if i saw a convoy like that id be pretty damn uneasy especially in my small city.

>Every time i see a black one i think about the FBI kicking down my door and seizing my computer because i went to the wrong website or saw the wrong thing.
Welcome to the Police States of America, where seeing a certain car already triggers your panic.

Hey OP I daily drive one here in the USA even though I am a college student. I'm looking to sell it for an F-150 because it's way more car than I need.

I pay $70 USD every fill-up. To drive it is like driving a shipping barge. The V8 is a willing accomplice to drive like a total dickhead and the seats are very comfortable. It has three rows and it can seat up to 9 people and it has the same room in the back as a Tahoe if you removed its third row.

The Eurofaggots in this thread seem to miss the forest for the trees whenever American cars are posted and I really feel sorry for them. If only they had a better perspective they'd appreciate what these cars are.

confirmed for low conscientiousness

>I'm looking to sell it for an even bigger vehicle because it's too big for me

I've had a tahoe and honestly silverados are way better. The extended cab still easily fits 5 people and the cargo space is fuckhuge. Plus z71

t. some europoor who has never visited america and just shit talks it online

>he thinks an F-150 is bigger than a Suburban

jej

I drove my uncle's F-150 of the same generation and liked it a lot. There's something about the way that they drive that feels well-engineered. This is the truck I'm looking at, though I'm not a fan of the wheels. I would black out the little chrome bits in them.

I've always had a huge hard on for the suburban. It's big and intimidating. Got that executive mafia look to it.

>American roads being so garbage that you need an offroad vehicle

No, our roads are pretty amazing even with the 50+ year old infrastructure and many people who own these kinds of vehicles live on massive properties that have dirt roads near them.

Our roads are so good that even mall-crawlers with massive lifts are comfortable because there are no bumps to make them irritating to drive. It's our PRIVILEGE, something you must not have a grasp on

A Suburban has 8 feet of cargo space behind the front seats. A single cab long bed truck has 8 feet of cargo space behind the front seats. You can compare the wheelbases and length on Wikipedia if you want to.

hes probably talking about weight as he mentioned gas cost in his post fucktard

This.
All women in my neighborhood who drive them are less than 5,7

Except that I have roads engineered to drive unlimited speed on, so basically any other road network in the world is BTFO.

>tfw fucking manlet and all women are taller than me and i could never drive anything even remotely the size of a tahoe/suburban

I've got an F150 of that generation and a Suburban of the previous generation. There is nothing well engineered about the F150 and it is the worst vehicle I've ever had the displeasure of driving. It's had countless issues and thousands have been poured into it for repairs that never seem to completely fix the issues. It's horribly uncomfortable and drinks more gas than GM's big block trucks by a large margin. Maybe your uncle's is a fluke but I've had to deal with several of these and all have been equally terrible.

The Suburban on the other hand is easier to repair and has only a few hundred into repairs with around the same miles even though it's nearly ten years older. It's far more comfortable, has been far more reliable, and was much cheaper.

The ONLY F150 configuration that's smaller than a Suburban in any dimension is the RCSB which has pointless half doors and seats that don't recline. The only advantage I can give to the F150 is that the steering is firmer.

Holy shit math is a bitch.

2003 Suburban - 219 inches
2005 F-150 Ext cab with 5.5ft bed - 218 in
Ext cab with 6.5ft bed - 228 in

I hope it's the Suburban length that's wrong because I believe I'm getting BTFO.
No need to be so hostile friend, I did imply weight but I honestly thought an F-150 would not be as long as my barge, looks like I'm wrong.

>being able to reach highway speed in whatever 1.2l euro shitbox you're using

because they are still waiting on the tow truck...

My dad has a blue '99 Suburban 1500 w/ a Vortec L31 and looks like pic related including the wheels. It's the 2nd car I ever drove (in 2004) and I've driven it a lot.

It's good for hauling shit, it sounds okay ,and is comfy -- but it's slow, the brakes suck, and it gets 8-11 mpg. It is surprisingly fun though.

Thanks for your experience with this. I particularly like the way they look and I assumed the quality would be similar to the Crown Vic I owned for a few years. This is the listing I'm looking at

bham.craigslist.org/cto/6147105982.html

I know the mileage is high but I'm just looking for something I can feel good about driving while I go to college in Mississippi as an out-of-stater. My Suburban has been very kind to me and is still chugging along with a transmission on its way out, intake gasket vacuum leak, near-balding rear tires and numerous dents. Forgive me for any bad judgement in seeing the listing I provided as being a good example because I am a young college age man and I have zero experience with the real issues that these trucks might have

>gas cost
I have one of those F150s. 2WD ECLB gets 9-10 combined. Somehow managed 13 highway for a few days after the intake was replaced, then back to normal.

Suburban of the previous generation (3/4 ton 4x4 5.7l) gets 16-17 combined.

yeah I was just saying that was probably his assumption. Im the one that posted above with the silverado. I get about the same mpg for mine and its a lifted z71

The MPG I get in my GMT800 with the 5.3L Vortec is much better at around 16, 18 if you baby it. The brakes do suck and you really have to muscle them if you're used to a normal car.

He's asking like 3k too much on that 2wd truck. I'd avoid that gen f150 due to servicing issues.
Agree with , GMT800s are so easy to work on. Parts are super easy to find cheap also.

Looks and reputation can be deceiving. Suburbans aren't nearly as big as most people think. If you're going from a hatchback to a Suburban they're huge but if they're small compared to most trucks.

If it's slow and you're doing that bad on gas something's wrong with it. 255 HP shouldn't be fast but it's more than enough to get it moving.
The hydroboost brakes in the 2500s will throw you through the windshield.

There's exactly the size of trucks unless you get a crew cab long bed.

Same dimensions as a regular cab long bed. Shorter than any comparable extended cab or crew cab pickups, which are the most common.

The intake gasket vacuum leak on mine is bad enough to affect braking at a standstill (if you let off the pedal just enough it'll lurch forward as it loses vacuum every couple of seconds).

Those 2008-up F250s are fucking gigantic.

I also like the police Chargers that are used by FHP here in Florida and there's a bunch of them around the country for less than $10k with decent mileage. They're obviously abused and are at the point where the economic benefit to the department of keeping them is exhausted but I am looking for something I can thrash on and repair cheaply.

They are pretty bad ass. The new suburban looks beautiful in black right from the show room, it's like a huge piano on wheels.

In Europe they're impossible to drive because of taxes, insurance, gas and it wouldn't fit in most villages. An average pickup truck would cost almost € 1000 monthly total

They're not abused all that bad. It's not like there's high speed pursuits every day. Most get the same treatment the average daily driver does but are maintained better. I wouldn't worry about abuse buying one straight from the source. That said, they're fairly late model, have a lot of electronics, and Dodge isn't known for having the longest lasting or cheapest replacement parts. If you're looking for something to beat on and fix on the cheap, I'd stick to the Suburban. You'd be hard pressed to find a vehicle at triple the cost of a Suburban that will hold to abuse for longer and/or be cheaper to repair.

My Suburban has 164k miles on it and my economic circumstances are fucked. Should I just repair it and keep it until the 230k mark at the end of college?

It needs
>new transmission
>intake gasket repair
>two rear tires

If I were to keep it I'd do
>dent repair down the sides (4 dents, PDR recommended)
>bumper creases

It's a little weird because this is the car I was carted off to school in when I was very young and now I'm stuck with it.

>Europe is one country
Coworker dailies a Ram SRT10 when it's dry out, get fucked.

>GM

I'd preffer not to

>intake gasket would be easy diy
>transmission is more difficult but doable
>get used rear tires. If they are mexicans near where you live they have llanteras and sell them for like $20 each

Buy a new transmission, replace the intake gasket yourself, and throw some cheap used tires on the back. Having paperwork on a new trans when you go to sell it will really help you get the most money out of it. As is you'd be lucky to get $2000 for it.

I don't want one, but if I needed a truck/SUV I'd get a GMT800 tahoe or suburban. Super reliable, simple to diy fix, extremely wide parts availability and large aftermarket, and fairly comfy.

I don't need a truck or SUV though, so right now the only thing I want out of one is the engine to drop into my turd gen.

Damn that looks awesome. I can honestly say that I'm jealous.

t. /org/ Suburban shill

I own a 2003 Suburban z71 with 346k on it.

It's a god machine and the best land yacht money can buy. My transmission crapped itself so it sits in the driveway until I get the new 4L60 in the mail. Other than that it's extremely reliable.

They actually have solid interiors. The fake trim is a shame, but everything is solid and the seats are comfy.

why are you getting another 4l60 when the 4l80 exists
also didn't suburbans only come with the 4l80

Is he that faggot that runs it on propane?

All 1500s except for the 6.5l diesels came with the 60e.

>I've got an F150 of that generation and a Suburban of the previous generation. There is nothing well engineered about the F150 and it is the worst vehicle I've ever had the displeasure of driving

What engine for your F-150? I got a 2005 4x4 model with the 4.6 and it's been the best truck I've ever owned for the 3 years I owned it All I've done to it is change the oil and air filter.

The new ones are driven by the type of dickhead who thinks it commands respect and go full autistic screeching when someone like a cashier dares to disagree with them.

I wouldn't mind a 70's model though. Fully american dream aesthetic.

2006 5.4l, I haven't messed with any 4.6ls, maybe they're better.

This.

And Yukons.

Christ, they're all soccer mom cuckmobiles.

The only vehicles still driven by manly men are F350s and Toyota FJs. Even Jeeps have been cucked.

ORG?

Fun suburban story
>driving back to college for last time
>see slutburban in rear view
>move out of way
>3 suburbans pass me
>all three loaded with guys with guns
>C7's and shit
>living in canada, never see this shit
>ask buddy later
>was Primers Body guard

Mfw

>Rural Alberta
Cops Only use F150's, Explores, Crown Vics

Also
Rural Alberta is pretty rad

Suburbans in NYC are almost all for-hire companies

i was pretty awestruck to get into one of these and be able to walk BETWEEN the seats. i mean really, how big of a fucking car do you need.

>need

It's the same as any other full size pickup or SUV.

>American roads being so garbage that they can only be traversed in offroad vehicles anymore isn't an argument for the Suburban, it's only a confession of failure for the USA.
Please do tell me all about your American roadtrip that gave you this knowledge.

They fucking suck and they're everywhere. Sheriff also uses them, and so many civilians have them it's like 24/7 paranoia.

>highway so empty because nobody can afford to purchase a car
LMAOing at ur cuntry rn senpai desu

exactly, and its spreading to the uk, where every fucker now drives some nissan juke oversized cancer cocoon that means that there's barely enough room for 2 lanes of traffic

>Swiss Roads
>Maintained perfectly
>NO FUN ALLOWED

>nissan juke
>oversized

Fucking hell. I can see why you euro's can't comprehend the girth of our trucks.

>juke
>oversized
holy shit lol grow a penis

>amerifats unironically want more pigfat and bloated cars

the juke is pigfat

>doesn't drive a barge
>grow a penis

They're nice, as long as you don't like road feel, acceleration, braking, or responsive steering.

You stupid faggots don't even know what big is if you think the juke is bloated, that's my point. You're brainwashed into thinking cars are all the size of altoids tins because your cuck country doesn't produce anything big because all your roads were designed for a horse in the fucking middle ages.

They're oversized for what they are. Obviously we get some xboxhueg cars, but far fewer people drive them than in the US because our roads are much narrower. Crossovers that are much bigger than usual hatches/estate cars are becoming more popular for God knows what reason though

>pigfat, bloated """crossover"""" that weights almost twice as a sedan of its size
>amerifatsos want it to be even bigger

why didn't cuba nuked you, seriously, this must be some form of alternative universe or something

>Crossovers that are much bigger than usual hatches/estate cars are becoming more popular for God knows what reason though
Because your people got a little taste of freedom and want more

>"pigfat bloated cars are good, muh freedumbs!!"

yellowstone is taking way too fucking long to explode

>on an automotive board
>hates a country for having infrastructure designed for automobiles

>on an automotive board
>defends fwd pigfat bloated crossovers

FWD crossover of freedom is better than FWD hatchback of mediocrity and government regulation.
But my choice is 4x4 V8 turbo diesel SUV towing 10,000 lbs of freedom boat at 80 mph.

>on Veeky Forums
>Probs Europoor

ITT: Burger-munching yanks trying (and failing) to justify driving massively over-sized cars

hey, my aunt drives one, she's 5'8"

>turbo diesel
>V

why, user?

Same weight as a 4BT at a tenth the cost with double the power.

I have one. The last few generations ride and drive like cars. Amazingly easy to drive. Super comfy.
The interior isn't aesthetic at all, it looks like garbage but is 8/10 comfy.
They also haul ass, and I've got the small motor (5.3)

>the 5.7 suburban gets the +2-3 the epa rated combined economy but the f-150 gets -5 the epa rated fuel economy
I don't know what universe suburbatards live in but it's definitely not this one.

>has never driven either vehicle
>makes assumptions about them
>can't believe people that have driven them could possible have information more accurate than his assumptions

Too expensive these days. Even in commercial work truck form

No more barn door option.

Can't find one from the late 90s in good shape and decent price

Business in the front, party in the back.

[citation needed]
>implying I'm a toyotafag

>[citation needed]
Do you want me to release a peer reviewed article where I log economy data for both vehicles? I didn't base my numbers on assumptions or instant economy readings from a computer. That's topping it off, resetting trip meter at the gas station, confirming calibration using mile markers on the highway, driving to near empty, then filling up making note of distance traveled and the amount of fuel used. Both vehicles made the same trip multiple times and were being used in the same manner in the same places.