Veeky Forums should I pull the trigger?

>Veeky Forums should I pull the trigger?

>I'm 33 yo and I love this great engineering miracle.

Roast my dumb ass up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus
oemercedesbenzparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-window-motor-2229060501?origin=pla&gclid=CIfpkuLkoNQCFR22wAod4kcF1w
kbb.com/bmw/7-series/2000/740i-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=5422&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=179562&pricetype=private-party&options=6304833|true&condition=fair
kbb.com/volkswagen/gti/2000/glx-hatchback-2d/?vehicleid=7139&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=179562&pricetype=private-party&options=4477089|true|6309949|true&condition=very-good
auto24.ee/used/2544988
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus

>some teenager got this assblasted by the c-class thread
stop shitposting and go get a job, autismo

>61k
I can think of five cars off the top of my head that I'd rather buy with that money.

name them!

Wait two years and that car will be sub $30k. I do not understand people who buy MB at high prices

>Play both embedded videos at once
>Double Scotty Kilmer
>Double anti-Mercedes
This is perfect

I would never pay 61k for a car that will depreciate the way that one will.

That car just does not say 60k to me, I don't see it as worth it at all. If you keep it 3 years it will literally be worth 20something

Aslo I would never own a high end Mercedes out of warranty and the 3 years is up on that thing.

Every little bullshit part on those cars breaks and costs $1000, I am talking 1000bucks for a window motor or seat adjustment motor, it's ridiculous and that shit always breaks as the car gets out of warranty

Never own a higher end Merc or BMW out of warranty, never.

buy it new and sell it when the factory won't fix it for free anymore or you are basically a poorfag trying to have something he cant afford

30 Miatas
30 Miatas
30 Miatas
30 Miatas
30 Miatas

Lmao!!

>name them!

Chevy SS
911 porshe
used Tesla
BMW M5
05 GTO with a blower and rebuilt engine

>buy it new and sell it when the factory won't fix it for free anymore or you are basically a poorfag trying to have something he cant afford
this

>can't afford to maintain an expensive car
>calls others poorfags

What about if you're highly mechanically trained?

Then you would not have to ask us questions and would know you can fix the stuff yourself

however as the video at the top of the thread says a shock is fucking $1100, your labor does not make that any cheaper

what model is that?

>>can't afford to maintain an expensive car
>>calls others poorfags

You are missing the point, the point is you are going to lose 30k over 3 years owning the car, better buy it for 80-90 and sell it for 50-60 with the factory doing all the repair work and getting to own a new car than to buy it for 60 and sell it for 30 while having weird computer and hardware problems that cost you another 5k and headaches of figuring out the problems on your used car

you lose more money buying it used and don't get to drive a new car

If you're gonna spend 61k on a 2014 s class(almost 4 model years old). You might as well lease a new one. You get to enjoy a brand new s class for 3-5 years. That's all you will really care about driving, and if you decide to keep it(no problems, well maintained), you can buy it out. Don't buy a 61k car if your credit isn't 750. I think it costs like 60k to lease an s class for 3-5 years. You wouldn't want to start out with a used s class if you have 61k to spend.

>used Tesla
>Tesla
nigga, why spend 60k in old tech?

Also, people who are against leasing are poorfags that don't intend to expensive luxury cars.

>nigga, why spend 60k in old tech?
dunno ask OP

I'll never understand going to a lot to buy a luxury car. I make a decent living and could lease probably a 50-60k usd car, not in the upper levels but not poor either.

But to me it's just like, anyone with money could have my luxury car. Whereas driving a restored supra or Cressida, no, just having money won't get you that car, you know? Gotta have at the very least some mechanical skill. Well, that or a really good shop at your beck and call

But Mercedes feels more like a 60k car, a refined luxury car and its very well built.

To lease for 3 years will cost him $51,000 (7k due at signing $1250 per month for 36 months) and he will get to put 36,000 miles on it.

If he buys this thing for 61k and puts 36,000 miles on it it will have 48,000 on it and be 7-8 years old when he is done and worth about 15k costing him $46,000 in depreciation if nothing breaks. Surely 5 to 10 grand worth of shit will break though and thus it will cost him more to buy this thing used

You are missing the point thinking I wasn't just shitposting. However your logic is retarded because you assume cars depreciate in a linear fashion when they don't. They lose half the price in first few years and then slowly slide further. The "weird computer problems" also don't come up if you buy a well maintained and regularly serviced car which is usually the case with S class.

>But Mercedes feels more like a 60k car,
Than a Tesla?

disagree

>S550
>not S65 AMG

poorfag

>They lose half the price in first few years and then slowly slide further.

Not with high end luxury cars. With high end luxury cars they lose about 30% of their value while under warranty the DROP THE FUCK OFF in the first year or two the warranty is over to the tune of 60% or more of the original value

the warranty is a huge part of the value of a luxury car, far more than in an accord or something

you are incorrect

t. live in Boca Raton and see this shit erry day

>being an attention craving snowflake is more important to me than being comfy and safe

Luxury cars are all about snowflake status, nobody looks at the 60k usd lexus and says "well it IS the safest car out there..."

If you're using safety then 20k is a reasonable price point

Bretty gud taste

Well, maybe it's different in Clapistan. Here in Germany they pretty much follow the normal depreciation pattern with 90% of the time first ownership being by a firm, ie having perfect service history.

>The "weird computer problems" also don't come up if you buy a well maintained and regularly serviced car which is usually the case with S class.

because servicing stops computer moduals from breaking

you just have to change the RAM fluid

It's different where the $100,000 dollar car is a rare import than it's origin country, yes

>Luxury cars are all about snowflake status
They're not, though, at least not the brands we're talking about. Every low-middle class store manager can afford a MB/BMW/Audi nowadays. They're commonplace and hardly stand out. Hell where I live even Porsches a pretty routine. RR/Bentley/exotics is where it's at.

>because normal usage patterns break the computer over time
See I can be a contrarian retard too?

The reinforces my point though. Anyone with a 2 year degree and salary job can drive those cars. But you need creativity and mechanical skill to keep something really "cool" on the road. As for comfort, you can just get a bucket seat.

I'm just not the type for pleather interiors so my opinion isn't likely to change. Maybe when I'm 60

>>because normal usage patterns break the computer over time
>See I can be a contrarian retard too?

they do,

computer moduals break and are expensive to fix, "normal usage" means temperature changes and vibration not found in the home

if you don't think they break why does everyone on every merc and bmw forum bitch about them breaking non stop?

>The reinforces my point though. Anyone with a 2 year degree and salary job can drive those cars.

Few people can really "afford" a $100,000 car that depreciates $70,000 in the few years they own it, even most people that have them can't really prudently afford that kind of waste

Yeah, and also it's a used s class. A new one would be far silkier, cleaner, shinier lol

>why does everyone on every merc and bmw forum bitch about them breaking
I have no idea, but I've owned a variety of BMWs and Audis both used and new and not once did I have a problem with computers. FYI modern car SoCs are well insulated both mechanically and thermally. Save for software bugs there's not much that can break.

Some people who own their own LLC businesses love buying top of the line brand/almost new Mercedes and make it a "biz car" because the depreciation is just absolutely ludicrous and they claim it against their tax liability. Not a bad move really

This reinforces my point though. You care more about being special than you care about trivial comfort and safety. If you think Supra with a bucket provides the same level of comfiness as modern Mercedes with climatized seats and air suspension, then there's not much to talk about really.

In this particular case I can see your point

Have you owned high end Mercedes of recent vintage?

But.. What happens when different people like different things??? :0

Some autists like me cyber bully them to death.

I dont get it. How can you disagree? Teslas cant even compete with a Mercedes C-class, how can you compare it with a S class?

That's because you obviously haven't driven either.

Doesn't matter if it's an engineering marvel or not, you're a stupid asshole if you think you can afford to keep it running after the warranty runs out.

I've driven both extensively. You have not.

Wew. Solid rebuke there, my lad. Personal preferences is one thing, but Tesla's interior objectively doesn't stand up even to much cheaper cars. There's literally no comparison to S class. If you just want to autistically fap to your favorite ""techie"" vehicle you might want to try plebbit.

>gets told
>resorts to stringing 10 regurgitated insults together
Haha you don't agree with me? You are objectively literally a reddit cuck autistic virgin lad desu senpai.

I'll stick with personal experience with cars I've owned and driven extensively, S Class and Model S included, you can continue to concern yourself with $2500 shitboxes while fantasizing about things you will never touch much less own.

You are triggering me, why would you buy a comfy machine before you need to.
I will never understand.
I hope you have to pretend you are "high class" or some shit.

CLS 63 AMG

>hurr durr your dumb and stupid and I win
Another solid argument. God I wish the summer was over already.

AE86
AW11
Starion
FD3S
Bugeye STI

lol.
>buying a used S Class
I bet you work as a financial advisor, too.

Wrong. Mercs are cheap as fuck to own as far as luxury cars go, simply because they manufacture in such high volume. Just don't get work done at a dealership.

A window motor on a current model S-Class is about $187 and labor should be about 1-2 hours. It's simple enough to replace yourself if you have basic tools, or you could have an independent shop do it for about 1-2 labor hours.

oemercedesbenzparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-window-motor-2229060501?origin=pla&gclid=CIfpkuLkoNQCFR22wAod4kcF1w

Seat motors are about $170 btw.

>SEAT motors in Mercedes
Absolutely based.

SEAT and Mercedes-Benz both use the same motors in their power seats. They're just off the shelf Bosch units. Mercedes seats just have more of them per seat

Nigga, this is Veeky Forums. These faggots wouldn't know luxury if it was up their ass.

lol poor wimpy fag.

I have a 1999 e class and 2000 s class.
One has 250k+ miles the other over 160k. Both are fine and I can work on them using YouTube tutorials.

Idiot

You are literally throwing away 62k the way these depreciate. It's your money but there are better choices. I had a 7 series with 20k on it and it was worthless by 80k.

If you seriously think that, please explain to me how is a '00 vw golf mk4 and a nissan primera/toyota yaris have the same selling price as a '00 bmw 740i in any condition?

:^)

kbb.com/bmw/7-series/2000/740i-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=5422&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=179562&pricetype=private-party&options=6304833|true&condition=fair

kbb.com/volkswagen/gti/2000/glx-hatchback-2d/?vehicleid=7139&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=179562&pricetype=private-party&options=4477089|true|6309949|true&condition=very-good

BTFO
T
F
O

fucking jews
Veeky Forums is the biggest jew board on 4 chan
Get gassed faggots

What engine on the W220? I've been toying with the idea to get a super cheap ($3500, 110k miles) S500 from 2000 with the SRS light lit up. I figure that's just a wiring problem though and otherwise there seems to be little wrong with it. Airmatic is the only thing that could go disastrously wrong if the drivetrain is fine I think.

I really really want all those lovely toys.

Buy it, old luxury cars with electrical problems are always a bargain

you should buy two

'90 E class here.

Confirmed, these cars are very easy to work on. They are very well thought out for how many systems there are to fix. There is a difference by miles between working on our Ford or Dodge and working on my old Benz.

www.auto24.ee/used/2009274
auto24.ee/used/2544988
not bad.

This triggered my autism
I mean its not like newer mercs are not money pit and are the most reliable machines but he complains about some retarded shit
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
>complains about error codes
lets say a bulb burns out or you run out of fuel
you get an error code and it stays there forever until its deleted
>complains about prices
true
>complains about brake rotors have a ridge on the edge
No that doesnt make an annoying sound my dad had same ridge and so do I and he wore his brake disk to the ventilated slots and only then did it start making noise (duh)
>complains about labor costs from a certified dealer
true
>complains about a frameless door having a function to counter one of the drawbacks of frameless doors
>compares it to a framed door
>youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus
>complains about maintenance cost
true
>complains about spark plugs
ye I guess you can complain about that
>complains about error codes
again mercedes have this retarded thing where you get an error code for everything
I mean he even shows that there is an error code for a trunk light
>complains about buttons
wew
>complains about reliability
ye mercs from mid 2000 really started going the shithole in terms of reliability

I am just pissed off that a lot of people will watch this and believe his shittalking

>Chevy SS
white trash
>911 porshe
meme machine
>used Tesla
>>used
>BMW M5
shit daily driver
>05 GTO with a blower and rebuilt engine
white trash

He gets it

>used tesla

I honestly cannot think of a worse/dumber buy.

Teslas don't depreciate that much

Holy shit so a $90,000 car and a $20,000 car are worth the same after 17 years

damn

did you read what he wrote?

Yeah 911s and M5s are just beneath you fuck off

Benz are for poor fags get a miata

Buying a benz right out of warranty is retarded

>I have a 1999 e class
>Both are fine
I do not believe for a second that a W210 hasn't rusted.

Post your financial health

>Play both embedded videos at once
I'm fucking dead

For the amount of money you're paying for this thing used I'd suggest you a) just lease a brand new S-Class or b) wait a year or two for it to fall below $35,000. If leasing new you'll only spend about $30,000 total assuming you get one of their leasing specials and have free warrantied work. If you're in the Southern California area I'd suggest Rusnak in Arcadia. They have $999 lease deals on RWD S550s sometimes.

I'm the user who wrote this post btw; , I forgot to respond to you OP.

If you choose option take some time to learn automotive basics. Mercedes aren't particularly difficult cars to work on, they're just built differently than American/Jap cars. They're much simpler and logically built than BMWs or VAG products by far. On the S-Class i'd say the only trouble spots are the air suspension and weird glitches in the lighting / infotainment systems, but there are very few mechanical issues. Merc drivetrains are generally very solid and durable. The only thing that might screw you is if a turbo goes out. The turbos on these are located in the V bank between the cylinders and wrap around the manifolds. They can be expensive to replace in labor hours if you're not able to do them yourself, but turbo failures aren't common on these. It's a low risk. I'd say go for the car if you like it OP, but I'd strongly suggest not going for this particular vehicle. Were I you I'd go with option B. I'm currently driving a C-Class and waiting for a current gen CLS550s and Jag XJRs to fall below the $35k mark for my next car.

It's carmax, they offer extended bumper to bumper warranties for reasonable rates. See: Doug Demuro's Land Rover experience.

As long as OP gets the warranty he'll be ok. If he doesn't he wont be ok.

I seriously doubt an extended warranty on an S-Class will be reasonable

>They have $999 lease deals on RWD S550s sometimes.
yeah with like $11,000 down

My grandpa got his back in 2015 with $5,000 down for 36 months. Arcadia is like the Chinese Beverly Hills of Socal, they have crazy deals on Mercs in the area. The BMW dealer in Alhambra has similar specials too.

That's still $41,000 in total payment for 3 years, not 30k

The cheapest I see right now is $1200 per month with $7k down

>Rusnak in Arcadia.

Right now they want $50,000 in total payments for 36 months and you can only put 30k miles on the car and every mile over if 25 cents

Its a baby car yacht. Its nice, comfy, and big.

However, why not just get an E63 Coupe later?

Fuck that's expensive, half the price of the car

plus you of course have to have full coverage insurance which will probably be $6000 per year at least

so like $68,000 to drive a car for 3 years then be carless

>so like $68,000 to drive a car for 3 years then be carless
sound financial decision

>E63 Coupe
autism pls go

>buying a car with an electronically controlled gear shift
You're basically asking Obama to drive your ass into a ravine

>carmax
This is how you spot a dumbass and a poorfag with shit credit.