[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Isle of Man TT is Coming Edition

Qualifiers ongoing. Races start Sunday June 4, end with Senior race Friday June 9
Schedule: iomtt.com/TT-Info/Qualifying-and-Race-Schedule.aspx
Free live radio coverage: manxradio.com/radioplayer/am/#

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Stimulating Conundrums
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums
>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

Motorcycle ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Check your helmets score:
>crash.org.au/

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck.
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
(Cross-thread)

webms with sounds:
gently used thread, just needs a rejet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pl6x3HVICSU
youtube.com/watch?v=cQYZgNlrLA8
youtube.com/watch?v=vAJyGfpV0dw
amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0001-Chain-Breaker/dp/B000GTXNI6/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9RFPCG3HVRCB3GMT754F
motogp.com/en/news/2017/06/03/triumph-announced-as-moto2-engine-supplier-from-2019/230116
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ktm a best

What are some good motorcycle earplugs?

More importantly: where/how can I watch the isle of man?
Is there a livestream somewhere?

namaste

i need to know what bike to get! its my first 1!

Mack's Ultra Soft. Comfortable enough that I've forgottent to take them out when I get off my bike. I've even slept with them in my ears.
The main thing I like is that they're soft and not too big so they don't pop out when putting your helmet on/taking it off. Also they don't puff back up as quickly so it's easier to stuff them in your ear for a good seal unlike those terrible big orange ear plugs. I squeeze them and they start puffing back up before I can get them deep enough in my ear.

get an r6 you dunce

R3 is a meme with no meme magic
FZ6R is a gimped FZ6
So basically, get neither.

I test rode baiks yesterday while the shop was putting new tires on mine.

2017 FJ-09

>hilariously tall
>seat was like sitting on the wide part of a 2x8
>dumb engine noise at idle
>throttle by wire was twitchy

2017 Z900

>loooooow seat height
>comfy in the parking lot, not great on the road
>supposedly 126hp, but it felt slow
>shitty brakes
>tiny dash
>looks neat?

2017 FZ-10

>inconveniently fast
>power wheelies in gears 1-4
>handling was decent, but not good enough for a bike with that much power
>weird power delivery
>comes on HARD in low rpm, fizzles a bit, then tears a hole in your scrot above 8k
>all that speed, none of that wind protection
>seat is just a wider version of a MX seat and provides no fore/aft support
>aside from your dickbeaters gripping the handlebar, literally nothing about this bike wants you to remain on the bike during acceleration
>airbox sticks out from under the tank, so you get a square piece of plastic jabbing the inside of your leg/knee during leaning
>lolcruisecontrol

2017 R6

>linear power on a supersport??
>revs to 16.5k
>dat sound above 6k
>dat sound at 16.5k
>BRAKES
>thin bike is thin
>very agile
>excellent wind protection, even at 130+
>IS IT SO HARD TO PUT A DAMN FUEL GUAGE ON A 2017 MODEL

>Fuel gauge
I know right. Old shitbikes have them. My 2017 gsxr doesn't have one
>Just a little digital bar would be fine

What does /dbt/ think of my 72' cb100 I've been restoring and rebuilt from scratch over the last few months?

Just need new bars, brakes, battery and tyres.
She tries to idle but stalks after 1-3 seconds after kicking it over so I'm a bit of registration yet though.

I don't know how I feel about that tank. I want to hate it, but I don't, but I still think red would have been better.

Sv650

It's a different bike altogether from an fz6

Looks like sissy trap hipster gay beta nu-male homo pinko commie antifa cuckboi bbc nigger lover shit. Enjoy being a cuckold.

Tank a side panels need to be the same color
Seat isn't quite sitting right

Besides from that great job! Must feel satisfied seeing it back together

How do fuel gauges work on bikes? Are they actually floaters in the gas tank like on cars? How would that even work?

XJ6
ER-5
GS500

Those are all shit bikes.

They're perfectly fine for a first bike.

There pretty kit kuck tier

Yes, and no.

If I had the budget for an r3 or fz6r , I wouldn't be getting a 1400 dollar poverty bike. A mint fuel injected late model sv650 could be had for r3 prices.

Yeah, fuck that tank paint. Especially against that battery cover.
Looks like you are probably giving the engine case a once over anyway. Buy a bottle of Jameson and give the cylinder a solid once over, inside and out. If you haven't touched the carb, pull it apart, change everything rubber.

Or, like I do to my shit-scooter twice a year, run an entire can of seafoam through it in a single tank, single sitting.
Which does mean babysitting thr throttle for an hour. Do it with a book in the left hand.

I do want to float this again. Motorbike parenting (irresponsible uncle-ing)
youtu.be/Pl6x3HVICSU

(My brother races cars. Don't judge me.)

Scratch this, I just saw Amazon reviews saying they've changed the material and now they're shit.
FFS it looks like I'm searching for good ear plugs too now

You're thinking of the cx500. I miss that bike but my new bike is much more fun.

What don't you understand about "First bike"

Also, the XJ6 is more expensive than the R3. Even here where the R3 is rare because why get one if you have your A2?

>Living somewhere with Draconian license laws
El oh el

Only the young fucks have it. I never had to deal with that bullshit.

I didn't have to deal with it either. I paid 50 bucks, ride around a parking lot and took a 25 question test and that was that.

You have a petcock and an odometer. Figure it out.

I miss the CX500 for you.
That was a very cool bike that Honda might not duplicate again (except for perhaps the CB 1100)

why would anyone want a cx500 over a cb400sf?

Muh twisted v twin
I really enjoyed it. Great first bike for 800 bucks.

>I really enjoyed it. Great first bike for 800 bucks.
oh well. It would have been a bitch to do it up like it deserved.
I myself went from a CB900 (honda 919) to an Africa twin which I really like.

>first time changing chain, sprockets and clutch
>doing at my parents place since i have no room
>they have no tools
>strap everything to my bike and ride 20km to their place
>pulling everything apart, cataloguing where everything comes from, placing them in labeled magnet trays
>decide to start pulling chain section apart
>realise i dont have a chain breaker/rivet tool
>3pm stores arent open, wont be open tomorrow either
>have to order something online and leave my bike in an unfinished state in someone elses garage for a week

Fuck you australian trading hours, fuck you.

Where about's are you? Brisbane here.

>3pm stores arent open
wat how do they make any money?

Why do yo need a chain breaker?
just use a flat head screw driver and a hammer.

>Why do yo need a chain breaker?
does that sound like the right tool for the job with a nice bike mate?

Its a chain that you are replacing what the fuck does it matter?
you won't even damage the pins doing it like that, thats how i always change my chains.
cut it off with an angle grinder even.

Is a Suzuki GSX 250R a good beginner bike?

>2017 bikes
>having a petcock
lol

you're a fucking subhuman mongloid and im glad you dont review bikes for a living because if you did you'd be a broke ass nigger. Fucking cumguzzler kys and get and a shitty grom you harley riding hell bound homo

Like shit mostly. They're floats but the internal shape of a supersport fuel tank is all fucking retarded, so it's debatable if you would actually get any kind of useful information at all you don't from the low fuel light.

My bike has a way less fucked up fuel tank and bigger fuel range and the gauge still tells you precisely fuck all until you've been riding 150-200km then drops too fast to keep track of what kind of mileage you're currently getting, so in the city I just fill up when it's flashing and on the highway I always go off the trip odometer for planning stops anyways. There's not enough to be gained to bother risking it.

Because they aren't 5'4"

>lanklets want to into motorcycles
top kek

from what I can tell, you don't really watch the isle of man. there is not a particularly interesting livestream. this is because there are a couple hundred corners across more than than thirty miles of road, compared to a dozen corners on a small track. not enough cameras to go around. not enough airspace for helicopters either because ambulances take priority, and on-bike footage is hard to livestream reliably.

however, you can listen to the radio broadcast, and watch the highlights that are assembled at the end of the day.

>short people wanting to think they're relevant in a sport about leverage and reach
Go drive karts and ride horses.

>lanklet posts a bunch on manlets trying to say they are tall
damage control the post

tfw the fastest video drones a two minute google search can find top out at 145mph and can probably only keep that up for a a few seconds, maybe minutes. sick vid though
youtube.com/watch?v=cQYZgNlrLA8

>one camera drone per rider when
>choose on a website which rider's stream you want to follow

Pedrosa
>5ft2 inches
Lorenzo
>5ft6 inches
Rossi
>5ft9 inches

found the FPV of this run youtube.com/watch?v=vAJyGfpV0dw

Nicky Hayden
> -6ft

too soon asshole

adelaide bro

it's not breaking the chain thats on there thats the problem, it's that ihave to chorten the new chain and some how rivet it without the proper tools.

Hey Veeky Forums,
So I've finally moved out, and no more family car to move around
Spainfag here, long story short Car license allows me to drive 125cc bikes
So been thinking about geting a second hand 125cc for around 500-600€, just not scooter-like
Are daelim daystar 125 and kymco superlight 125 trustworthy?
I guess its too little info but I dont know the dynamics of the board so good, so I'll expand if anyone cares

mate I had no car for two years and just commuted to work/gym on my CB900. Saved lots of money. Had the groceries delivered. Used the family car if I had to move things.

>anyone taller than 5'4" is a lanklet
>anyone shorter than 6' is a manlet
Make up your mind shorty

Fuck that chink/gook shit and get an RS125

CB650 at least looks good.

They are all pretty weak beginner bikes though of course.

Whatever happened to powerful cheap mid-range nakeds? Hornet, FZ-6, Z750...?

The post-2017 650 is only down 5hp on the carbed Hornets and has higher peak torque than any of them that's made way lower down the rev range.

Anyways it's because European license laws changed in 2013 that

I've used 3M classic foamies for many years on the flightline, in the shop, when shooting and for riding. They help keep your ears clean and you can wash them with your laundry. (I toss them in a pocket or sock.)

>She tries to idle but stalks after 1-3 seconds

"Stalks" is a mistranslation of something (a "hunting" idle that's not stable?) but if the carb hasn't been disassembled and dipped I suggest doing that to make sure the low speed jet, emulsion tube and internal passages are clean.

+50cc -5HP

I have proper chain breakers but for removal I wouldn't hesitate to cut off chains with a zip disk in an angle grinder or grind off the heads of the pins on one side for easier splitting with a chisel or screwdriver because it's faster. I've done plenty of them that way for self and customers. It's perfectly harmless.

>it's not breaking the chain thats on there thats the problem, it's that ihave to chorten the new chain and some how rivet it without the proper tools.

This chain breaker design works well. I've used them for many years.

amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0001-Chain-Breaker/dp/B000GTXNI6/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9RFPCG3HVRCB3GMT754F

>realise i dont have a chain breaker/rivet tool
How the fuck can you forget this. I bought mine months in advance

>not using a master link
Do you hate yourselves or something?

yeah but dont expect much, iirc it is the same engine and frame as the GW250 but with sports bike fairings. the gw250 was fairly heavy and slow, but still a cool bike, i got a GSF250V which is HELLA fun. Really nice for motorway riding which I do a fair bit of because its not right at the redline or anything cruising (sits at like 8k-9k rpmish)

>tfw Enuma master race

i got shit going on nig nog. 2 houses to upkeep, 2 bikes to upkeep, a car thats falling apart, full time job and crypo miners to build/run.

I did think about the chain tool about 2 weeks ago and then it was suddlenly 3pm today and i was shit out of luck.

At least tomorrow i'll get the clutch fnished up and take the other bike out for a skip through the hills.

What insurance do you guys have? I'm in the states. Also, does anyone have an insured salvage bike?

i don't have insurance

Meanwhile in Germany.

that can't be germany, no one is wearing turbans or burquas

>bike isn't going to be ready till Wednesday
what have I done to deserve this suffering

You let a filthy grease monkey work on your bike instead of doing it yourself.

Why you gotta make everything politicised?

It's a pretty well known fact that 90% of germans are muslim.
Hitler would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

Can you maybe get the political memes out of your system on /int/ or /pol/ and then return?

>triggered
why don't you go to your local mosque and declare a jihad?

Moto2 will change their CBR600RR engine for some Triumph 3-cylinders in 2019, what /dbt/ think of this ?

should've waited, next year's gixxers are getting a fuel gauge

Why did it take you more than 2 days?

Destroked Daytona 675?

motogp.com/en/news/2017/06/03/triumph-announced-as-moto2-engine-supplier-from-2019/230116

yeah

So wait, are they going to destroke the engine or raise the allowed displacement in the class regulations?

oh, well i guess they'll keep the 675cc as it is, since it's a 3 cylinders, they have to put more cc to have the same power as a 4.

they'll make them 765 cc

Geico was best price for me, shopped around and progressive was a close 2nd. My buddy had a salvaged title zrx1200, he only paid a bit more for insuring it. It wasn't too bad though.

>class regulations

the regulation says "use this engine we provide" not "your engine has to have this displacement"

What's stopping a small shop from just buying the power plant and building a bike around it?
Regulations?
WAT racing gp team when?

>What's stopping a small shop from just buying the power plant and building a bike around it?
Nothing. Most of the chassis builders in Moto2 are shops no one's ever heard of otherwise. The chassis builders currently competing are austrian KTM, german Kalex, swiss Suter, french Tech 3 and italian Speed Up.

well Honda asked for something like a 200k$ fee for their engines.

Triumph is supposedly be much cheaper so its time for /dbt/ to start a gofundme i guess.

>inb4 it's unreliable garbage but natural selection can't do its work because everyone's forced to use it

well thats moto2 i guess

>200'000$
Per engine?
Sounds doable
Any news on the triumph pricing?
Are the blocks anything like the commercial ones?
Could you build a frame using a stock engine as a mockup, bolt the race spec in, get famous, them sell the frame with 500$ scrapyard engines?

i read its gonna be under 100k somewhere.

>Don't ride bike
>maybe i have the wrong bike, that's why i'm not riding it
>maybe i need another bike
>maybe i need two others bikes so i can ride more
>let's check craigslist
>ooh, WR450, only $3000

>Ride bike
>this bike is fine

Is this the secret behind N+1? Not riding your bike?

Does the disease come back if you ride your bike too much and actually come up with valid reasons to have more bikes?