Light turns green

>light turns green
>autotragic fag behind me already slamming on his horn

Why are auto sufferers so fucking mad that they can't wait 1 whole second for someone in a manual to get going?

>not keeping it in 1st with your foot on the clutch and holding 4000rpm ready to launch

If manual is so great why do you take a second longer to get going?

>He can't predict lights and launch before auto drones are finished texting

just stop driving

you're not worthy

>inb4 autismal throwout bearing pampering

because manual dones't have a computer to fill in your inadequacy.

Manual is great becasue it separates the people with the minimum cognitive ability needed to drive literally anything from the people who probably aren't safe to drive in an automatic.

The rise of lane keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, and park assist should tip you off to this... the vast majority of americans are unpracticed, untrained, incapable drivers. Not that they are inherently so, you can start a retard at math and move up to doing proofs with education, you can start out a scrub at a video game and get pretty good and improve your independently measured reaction times in the process, but, you know, they are. They fucking suck.

It takes a manual gearbox to help some people realize how much they suck. Some improve, some give up and go

>"waaaaaaaaaah manual is so hard how can you fucking autismo faggots do this i'm buying a self driving google pod"

oh and some keep on sucking like nothing is wrong

they usually have loud mufflers so you can hear how often they miss shifts, worn to shit shocks so you can watch their car bounce around, and honda badges so you can spot the faggotry from a distance

Dont understand why its slower,
are you not holding the clutch at the biting point?

Here we go again.

Just drive what you want when you want. Not everything is a personal attack on your way of life.

Fucking sperglords I swear.

>inb4 autotragic driver
I learned to drive on my dad's 5 speed ranger

It takes you that long?

Christ. Clutch up, gas down, handbrake down, all takes less than a second. If you were taught properly, then you'd have drilled it over and over until flawless.
I'm betting you're an ameretard, though.

he's the kind of guy that takes a while even in an auto

>oh ooooh oookay so i take my foot off the brake
>and start to creep forward
>this is good for gas mileage right?
>now i slooooowly press down on the other pedal
>yeah this is good for gas mileage

>manual driver:
>[eurobeat playing]
>VRR VRR VRRRRRRRRR VRrrrrrrrrrmRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM
>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM
>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM
>SCREEEEEEEEEEE
>crash

it came loud ok, its not my fault

>Have grandfathered in $10 unlimited data plan all the way back on Cingular
>Have been a smartphone addict all the way since the second wave of Windows CE phones (when I could buy a first wave Wallaby cheap)
>Never, ever use it while driving because it's physically impossible
>Girls expect me to reply to texts and IMs while driving
>Call me when I don't and get mad when I don't answer

You're supposed to put in the gear and hold the clutch when the light goes orange.
I drive manual and try to start moving milliseconds after it goes green. I'm very particular about it.

*yellow

How do American traffic lights work?
This is a German one.

Green = go
Yellow = prepare to stop
Red = stop
Red + Yellow = prepare to go

thats kinda cool, theres no orange before green here
it just goes green when youre supposed to go

In USA

Green = go
Yellow = speed up
Red = run the light anyway because you're glued to your phone

>not paying attention to pedestrian lights to know with 3 second accuracy when its going to turn yellow
>not being at steady 4krpm by the time it turns yellow
>not preparing to brake for the next light by the time its green
kek

>holding up traffic with your obsolete technology "because it's more fun"
Unironically kill yourself.

these desoo

throwout bearings must be punished
launches at every light

American traffic lights don't work like that you have to look at the light in the opposite direction to turn red and you still might get fucked by there being a green arrow somewhere that comes on instead of your green light.

for russians I think it is
>green = go
>yellow = speed limits lifted temporarily
>red = welcome to autobachn
>red + yellow = beware! speed limits will be in effect shortly

Its like you want to be hit by someone running a red light

I drive a manual and at lights I always put it into neutral, take my foot off the clutch and pull the handbrake. Every single time when the light turns green I launch first. Git gud faggot.

I don't even bother with the handbrake.
because it won't disengage and the part has been in shipping for 3 months.

Barely anyone does but I like to let both my feet rest.

You must blow through clutches and tires

>handbrake

Get a load of this faggot

On all seriousness, it's the same but without that 4th step.

Though usually people behave like because nobody in this country can drive. ESPECIALLY the fuzz, which is one of the core sources of the problem. The other being that we let any fuckwad with two brain cells get a driver's license.

Why don't you just look at the lights of the road perpendicular to you? You can see the colour against the black plastic, and once it starts turning red you know you have exactly 3 seconds

>taking a second to get started

Git gud, nigger.

>great
>easier
two different things
One system drives for you. The other you drive.

This. Autotragic drivers are usually more dangerous as they have limited control over their car.
>release brake
>car decides to go
Not dangerous at all, given to a retard.

Time to school all the kiddies in this thread. Get them ready for future manual transmission threads.

Driving manual is the single deepest, most challenging, most skill-based process ever created. There is not a single other transmission type ever made that comes close to the level of skill that being a manual driver requires.

This is why manual transmission threads are the best, most intelligent threads on Veeky Forums. Only the smartest, brightest, and most patient people post in them. Essentially, the very best of humanity posts in them.

Conversely, the only people who don't like the manual transmission clearly don't have the skills to handle its depth. It is too hardcore for them. That's okay though. Automatic transmissions exist for people like them. Manual transmission fans are too good to hold grudges.

>live in europoor
>take 1s to get going
>dude next to me is already way ahead
i really hate commuting manuel

I just got my first manual car and I have drove it to work several times and only stall rarely but I still get anxious or nervous all the time why? Is it my adhd? It makes no sense? Is it because I still drive my gfs auto all the time?

see
manual just sucks. i have driven manual myself for over 4 years and still suck at it. next car will be automatic!

>handbrake

>start rolling back
>watch the fear in their face
>get about an inch from their bumper
>drive off
>mfw

If I'm at a long light I'll put the handbrake on and throw it in neutral.

If you're bad at manual stop driving it.

Auto is objectively superior
t. two manual cars.

If you're in front you're supposed to look at the lights for the other direction. Shift into first when they turn red.

Depends on a lot of reasons.

>10% of the time
They are in a rush for something important
>30% of the time
They are in a rush for something trivial that wouldn't care
>60% of the time
They are Pakistani or some other sort of immigrant who hates your country even though it's supplying with him a steady stream of customers.

If 10 fucking cocksucking retards take a second to react, That's a whole fucking light cycle wasted. This is why there's always fucking perpetual traffic. Wake the fuck up people.

Oh and go fuck yourself if you're 2nd in line and you don't honk at the retard in front. Don't get all pissy when I honk at you if you're going to be a nice cuck.

>t. sick and fucking tired of taking hours to do simple things because of slow retards.

>rips a handbrake every stop

>Oh and go fuck yourself if you're 2nd in line and you don't honk at the retard in front. Don't get all pissy when I honk at you if you're going to be a nice cuck.
Everyone honks at that guy. That's different from getting mad at 1st in line because he's driving a stick and doesn't want to do a jackrabbit start.

You sound like a taxi driver. If so, go fuck yourself.

Enjoy your warped front discs.

Ah, I do this too. I was just memeing on you because I thought you meant you use it for hillstarts.

Must be a minute long light

>If 10 fucking cocksucking retards take a second to react, That's a whole fucking light cycle wasted. This is why there's always fucking perpetual traffic. Wake the fuck up people.

No it's not because everyone behind can see the light too...

Everyone takes a second to react so everyone is ready to go after a second, people usually leave a fraction of a second gap between them and the car in front but not a whole other second.

He means everyone takes a second to go after the person in front of them goes. Infuriates me to no end on short turn arrows.

You gotta watch the other light and when it turns yellow you step on the clutch and put it in first. I never have anyone honk at me.

Sitting at a light with the clutch held down and in 1st gear the whole time is what a simpleton does i guess.

Take your fucking logic & GET THE FUCK OUT OF Veeky Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You don't need to see the light.. You should be looking through the windows of the other cars to see the brake lights going off and begin to creep slowly. This is why I drive the fuck out of my cars and get better mpg's than some faggot ass hypermiler.

in UK
green = continue as normal
green>yellow = downshift & floor it
red>yellow = aggressive launch
red = stop (after 2s of red light, otherwise green>yellow rules apply)

Not him, but yes. Gimme dat insurance monies pls

>assailant drives away with his bumper scraping
>you don't have collision or comprehensive
>you're stuck with the bill

Do you realize how fast that will wear your clutch out?

>tfw you look around for the pedestrian traffic light which is usually linked to the traffic light directly ahead of you, when it starts blinking red for the pedestrians you already leave your manual ready to launch, then you release e-brake and car immediately launches, leaving no rational space for those who want to honk their horns up

Nice bait. anyone that can't get going instantly in a manual is fucking retarded

That's why I memorized my traffic light schedule at many intersections in my city

Green is go, yellow is speed up, red is stop