MASSIVE DATA BREACH

As of 4 hours ago user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen. It wasn't a virus or some phishing scam. Multiple backup servers were stolen after being left alone and unguarded in the soon to be future HQ.
The story will run tomorrow. The only reason I know is because my dad is a retired Santa Clara County officer and listens to his shortwave scanner at night.
If you have stock dump it now.

>my dad works for x
How's elementary school going?

Thanks Bebe

How can I dump stock when markets are closed until Monday?.

phew

sold, thanks

Tuesday

I have a dream!

That markets will be closed Monday.

20m is nothing and doesn't have an impact on the stock.
take Linkedin for example, 170m users dumped, 117m out of them had SHA1 passwords (basically plaintext), it didn't have an effect on the stock price and they were sold to Microsoft several weeks later and stock went up.

Wtf

Why does anyone use this piece of shit then

Users don't understand the severity of a data breach..

> Google
> LinkedIn
> Same thing

K

FUCK I'M IN SANTA CLARA.

>what is OTC trading
the spreads are silly tho
any more proof OP?

>shortwave scanner
>user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen

Sounds exactly like something the police would use shortwave radio to communicate. I mean, it's a life or death situation! If more than 15M users are affected, officers need body armor.

I think he's referring to the theft of hardware at a specific local installation.

Humorous post, though.

>20 million

You know 1 billion people actively use gmail as of a year ago right?

if the site was not operational it's unlikely the servers had any data at all.

This can't be good.

What will they do?

if it's true (which i highly doubt) it should teach google to encrypt their fucking hard drives.

>I'm going to go on a japanese image board and tell a lie to get google stock to drop

What was OP thinking?

Google pretty much owns the police and media in the area. The story hasn't managed to get out yet because none of the police will comment. If they can't verify it nobody will touch it out of fear of being sued. The security footage shows three middle eastern men apparently according to chatter.
It's a matter of time now before it gets leaked

did they get my pictures stored in teh clouds?

>He thinks the largest tech company in the world isn't using extremely strong encryption for data at rest

-0/10

Update

F.B.I. has been brought in because this is being treated as a federal crime.

what an interesting thing to hear on a scanner.

hell, that's the sort of information they'd never announce over the radio on a public channel. There's absolutely no reason to let a bunch of street cops know over the radio that the FBI was joining an investigation none of them was working on.

I'm not going to call you a shit-ass liar.

yes you're right, while google is used by normies and is free so they will continue to use it, linkedln is making profit with subscriptions by professionals. I see how a leak at google is more severe.

You can't read.

the retards probably don't because it would slow the servers down somewhat unless it's hardware encrpytion but that is more hassle to manage.

i wish i was wrong about it, but if they used ecryption there would be no reason to physically destroy their drives when they replace them they could donate them to schools and stuff or even sell them.