For $5000 you can buy a motorcycle which will outperform 95% of performance cars on the road...

>for $5000 you can buy a motorcycle which will outperform 95% of performance cars on the road, even though they cost several times as much

how do i argue against this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKbaT57SdjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7HXVQoB2caI
youtube.com/watch?v=IteniLcLImU
youtube.com/watch?v=wael3IrPu44
youtube.com/watch?v=EKn2CvJ7BEg
youtube.com/watch?v=FGgaJbf5C_c
motorcyclenews.com/news/2007/august/aug1407britbreaks250productionrecord/
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/6154138909.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't.

Cagers will sperg.

>Muh texting soccermom

>cagers who think riding is a warzone

You will probably wreck it and/or kill yourself if it's your first bike. Outside of that, go nuts!

>unironically using the noun 'cagers'

No lie, no exaggeating, just straight anecdotal shit that keeps me from riding:
Friend's dad got hit on his Harley, paralyzed
Co worker at old company, guy was missing half his feet from getting rekt by a car
Co worker at current company, has scars across his thigh and calf and ankle is all fucked up, despite wearing gear and $300 riding boots

concession accepted

Ride on the track

>Friend's dad got hit on his Harley
During the real-estate boom preceding the 2008 crash, it was a meme for Boomers to pull $15k in equity out of their house and buy a Harley.
> I know how to ride, I rode dirt bikes when I was younger
First time in history the death rate for riders 50+ exceeded the death rate for 16-25 year olds. Was a BIG topic for discussion at the Japanese MC manufacturer where I worked at the time

>$300 riding boots
Are a meme.

In a straight line... That's if you can launch it without looping it or spinning the tire which most squids can't do. A squid on a literbike would get devastated at the track by good rider on a 500.

>You will probably wreck it and/or kill yourself if it's your first bike

fuck this meme and the retards who perpetuate it. It's likely you'll drop it once or twice because that shit just happens. Nearly everyone's dropped their bike at some point, but as long as you're smart and take the time to actually learn how to ride you'll be fine.

Though to be fair it's smart to buy a less powerful bike to actually do that. Buying powerful bikes as a first bike leads to developing bad habits that you end up needing to fix later if you actually want to get better.

A decently skilled rider could out corner any car and being faster while doing it.

>That's if you can launch it without looping it or spinning the tire
Who cares if you can launch it or not a bike can out-accelerate most cars regardless.

Add to this the enormous performance increase over what they'd ridden previously. If the last bike you rode was a a 1992 600F2 and fifteen years later you open the throttle on a 600RR expecting a similar response, the machine will kill you.

>but as long as you're smart and take the time to actually learn how to ride you'll be fine.
the issue is that you can become intimidated by the bike and as a result you develop very poor riding habits and style to cope with your fear, even when you feel like you have developed enough confidence, those habits wont leave you.
on a smaller capacity bike, you can more easily explore your own limits and the bikes limits, with less stress, and lower capacity bikes usually have much more forgiving chassis and suspension, so you can get away with mistakes. You will learn much faster and you will learn properly.

There's a reason for that. Even if safety is ignored, bikes have no utility and are at the whim of the weather.

if i can get a 120 hp liter bike out of the square middle of a city without dropping it so can anyone else.

>decently skilled rider could out corner any car and being faster while doing it.

That's just untrue in the upper range of car/bike performance and rider/driver skill. The car has four huge fucking tires, four sets of suspension components, and four gignatic brakes.

A 150K car will beat a 15K bike in the twisties.

I can hit 60 in 3 seconds with my kids car seats in the back.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKbaT57SdjQ
The road is called Mulholland Drive, take your pick of the hundreds of videos of riders either crashing or recking this hill.

>A 150K car will beat a 15K bike in the twisties.

lel no

that's fine if you just want to ride in straight lines.
but you are going to quickly get into trouble as soon as you start trying to go fast on twisties.
this is why there are literally hundreds of videos of americans riding their bikes right off the side of the road the first time they get onto real corners. this isn't down to 'poor judgement' or 'target fixation' like people like to say in the comments of the videos, it's down to these people not having a single idea about how you're actually meant to ride a bike around a corner.

I think this is a pretty good exaggeration.

I went from a 1999 F4 to my friends '08 1000rr for a ride and all the basics are the same, it's just heavier and has infinite power. I eventually sold that f4 and got an '06 zx6r and while the horsepower difference is minimal, it's so much better in so many ways, better brakes, suspension, fuel injection, slipper clutch ect. I didn't open the throttle and die instantly.

>that's fine if you just want to ride in straight lines.
I don't think you understand having that much power on tap in city blocks and it being your first street bike.
All you need is a level head.

>but you are going to quickly get into trouble as soon as you start trying to go fast on twisties.
Ironically it's the trepidation of taking a corner which causes riders to crash.
Literally not being a pussy will enable you to corner.

Maybe i was lucky and just had a natural skill with a motorcycle.

I can beat most sports bikes across the intersection on my mtb ffs. Even in my 120hp shitbox I can take most off the line as they struggle to slip the clutch. There's no way they'd stand a chance against a moderately fast sports car at the track. 99% of sport bike riders are squids and are just compensating not unlike brotruck drivers.

you'd think so, but cornering speed isn't so drastically different in most tests, and the bike can accelerate out of the corner much quicker than the car can, and achieve a higher speed before the next corner, which is enough to make up for the difference in cornering speed and breaking difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=7HXVQoB2caI
youtube.com/watch?v=IteniLcLImU
youtube.com/watch?v=wael3IrPu44

>There's no way they'd stand a chance against a moderately fast sports car at the track
There's no way a squid can stand a chance against a sports car on a track?

So tell me is the sky blue or something?

thats exactly why I bought a sportbike lol

you won't get close to the performance of a $3000 craigslist shitbike unless you have a 100k car or put 50k in mods into something

You could have bought something that isn't garbage.

This.
No justice for Suzuki riders.

To be fair 95% of the cars on the road and suvs and economy cars

i said performance cars

Thanks I can't read

These guys are all pretty bad.
Their body position is shit. It's like they're sticking out their knees to look cool; but they're not even going fast enough to increase traction and decrease lean by doing so.
On my 500 I take corners faster than that.

lol @ this post.

haha whoops this isn't /dbt/

You can't really except for cars being comfy and being able to share the experience with passengers. Also cars have bigger mod scene. Not much point boring and stroking your Ducati when the engine is already great.

So basically what you're saying is that cars need to be improved and bikes don't. Bikes win again.

cuck cagers BTFO yet again

bikes will never be able to corner as well as cars

Cars preform better in inclement weather.

Most fundrives happen in good weather anyway.

motogp

lel wrong one but relevant anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=EKn2CvJ7BEg

Came here to say this.

A liter sport bike is something that I think everyone should experience before they die. There is just no sensation like it on the planet. People don't realize just how fucking cool sport bikes are. Remember when you were a child and you thought to yourself how cool it would be to have a jetpack or something similar? A sport bike is basically that. It's an extension of your body, and it accelerates you to 150mph in less than 10 seconds. Like I said, there is nothing like it on the planet. The first time everyone rides a liter bike they are pretty much in awe trying to understand how this is even legal. (felt that way about my 600 too desu but that is pussy shit in comparison).

Don't daily one, don't use it to commute, don't ride with the homies. Just take it out early weekend mornings and do some pulls on the highway when no one is around or hit the twisties every now and then if you're feeling adventurous. You'll be fine.

>Don't daily one, don't use it to commute, don't ride with the homies.
yeah fuck you

I only say that because dailying one will increase your chances of injury. I also see no reason to daily a motorcycle. They just aren't that comfortable and lack the amenities a car can offer. It's not fun to sit in traffic my dude.

Add going WOT on a 2-stroke to that list.

>I only say that because dailying one will increase your chances of injury
No it won't.

>It's not fun to sit in traffic my dude.
You're basically a pussy is what i can tell from your posts.

Wanting to ride in conditions where I can actually go fast and have fun makes me a pussy? Why the hell would you buy a liter sport bike to putz around town at 45mph all day? That is stupid.

I ride and I love it.
However, if any car remotely sporty catches up to me in the twisties, I'm pulling over and waving him to overtake.
I don't want the pressure of having to perform for someone else.
It's so easy for him to take a corner at speed barely any skill and he has a lot less at risk. I have to place upon the table: working and present limbs, my consciousness and my mortality.
He only has to place his insurance premium and a few bruises on the table.
He's going to beat me in the corners because it's easier, not because the bike can't do it.
I have a living to earn, I can't be out honing my skills all day in the twisties, it wouldn't be prudent.

As someone who has only ever ridden 150 cc dirtbikes, how hard would it be to transition to a sport bike? I'd love to have something to zip around on on nice days. Should I start with a 250 or am I going to feel like it's not enough bike?

>for $1000 you can buy a shitbox which will provide environment control on the road, even though they reach the same destinations on most roads.

>Wanting to ride in conditions where I can actually go fast and have fun makes me a pussy?
You got stuck on a 600 and are a jealous faggot.

>Why the hell would you buy a liter sport bike to putz around town at 45mph all day
Who says i only go 45?

North West 200 The best Motorcycle race in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGgaJbf5C_c

Jump on a 4-500cc bike.
From a 125 it's going to feel fantastic, and you will have a long way to go before you've mastered it. Don't bother with 6-800cc until you can manage a 500 IMO.

>WOT on a 2-stroke

Nothing makes you shit your pants harder than the your first pull on a cr500

Local dealers only carry 250
Unless they are harley style which I have no interest or understanding of.

What makes and models would be best in this range?

You're full of shit, shitbox enthusiast. Id smoke your ass on a 400 not to mention in heavy traffic you'd eat my ass all day everyday

I'm not actually sure about the models any more. I heard good things about the Kawasaki er6 (something like that).
Yamaha do some good naked bikes in that range we call them mt03/07/09/10/01 but in USA I think they're called FZ instead.
Why not used?
Don't worry about power either - worry about weight. Bikes start getting heavy after 125cc.
I remember the first time I threw a leg over a cb500 after riding a vt125 cruiser. The first thing you notice is so much weight!

dude just get a 600. if you have any experience at all with bikes, you'll be completely fine to start on something like a 2002 gsxr 600.

For someone getting back into biking after a 10 year break with last motorcyle owned as the R1, how long before I get tired of a 600 hornet?

What? Isn't the gsxr like one of the best selling sport bikes?

Does that make the Wii the best console because it was the top selling console?

Best overall, idk
I just don't really know what's wrong with gsxrs

According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.[1] Motorcycles also have a higher fatality rate per unit of distance travelled when compared with automobiles. Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists' risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than a passenger car.[1] In 2004, figures from the UK Department for Transport indicated that motorcycles have 16 times the rate of serious injuries compared to cars.[2]

-Motorcycle rider deaths were nearly 30 times more than drivers of other vehicles
-Motorcycle riders aged below 40 are 36 times more likely to be killed than other vehicle operators of the same age.
-Motorcycle riders aged 40 years and over are around 20 times more likely to be killed than other drivers of that same age.

First of all motorcycles usually aren't daily drivers so you put far fewer miles on them as you do on cars. Secondly your chance of fatal injury can be reduced to a fraction by wearing appropriate attire and riding sober and with appropriate caution.

you won't get tired if you actually try to improve and dont just go WOT in a straight line.

100BHP are more than enough for twisties.

>First of all motorcycles usually aren't daily drivers so you put far fewer miles on them as you do on cars.
If only the statistics took that into account

oh wait they do

>Secondly your chance of fatal injury can be reduced to a fraction by wearing appropriate attire and riding sober and with appropriate caution.

a common myth please cite statistics to prove this

oh wait you cant

>cagers actully sperging

lel

>a common myth please cite statistics to prove this
>oh wait you cant
He doesn't have to, you already read it in the NHTSA report.

-Motorcycle rider deaths were nearly 30 times more than drivers of other vehicles
-Motorcycle riders aged below 40 are 36 times more likely to be killed than other vehicle operators of the same age.
-Motorcycle riders aged 40 years and over are around 20 times more likely to be killed than other drivers of that same age.

generally speaking wearing a jacket prevents road rash, it does not make a non survivable crash survivable

You aren't smoking shit with a 400. Have fun bouncing off the rev limiter doing 60mph down the highway while I pass you in my shitbox.

no YOU can't
some rich cunt probably can, but your shit box probably does it in 10 seconds.

We aren't talking about jackets, we're talking about full face helmets
Based on a comparison of fatal crashes involving motorcycles with two riders, at least one of whom was killed, the National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA) of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has estimated helmets to be about 37 percent effective in preventing fatalities.

>never ridden bikes before, the post
my kawasaki kr1s (250cc two stroke) has a top speed of 236kmh IIRC (bonneville salt flats record)

a 400cc motorbike will get to 100kmh alot quicker than your shitbox. its a power/weight ratio,cars cannot compete against bikes in this ratio.

Salt flat records mean jack shit. Most the cars and bikes are geared so high they have to be pushed by another vehicle to start. A 250 won't do 236 unless you drop it out of a plane.

Yeah it hits 100 fast then you get dropped by a minivan after that. There's only so much you can do with power and gearing.

>Salt flat records mean jack shit. Most the cars and bikes are geared so high they have to be pushed by another vehicle to start.
This, you have 7 miles to achieve your "record" for one.

>in the stock class only modifications allowed are exhausts

>knows nothing about bikes, never ridden a bike, the post

>he will never recover

motorcyclenews.com/news/2007/august/aug1407britbreaks250productionrecord/

was a bit off, 215kmh

also the early 90's honda cbr250rr had a top speed of over 200 IIRC.

and thats a 4-stroke.
>22,000 red line certainly helped. kek

>when cagers try and compete cost wise against bikes in any performance related matter

TOP FUCKING KEK

So still slower than a mid 2000's fwd shitbox? Cool. That's totally worth being turned into road pizza for that "performance". If you're going to ride a bike at least ride something with balls. Not a dirt bike engine in a sport bike chassis.

dirt bike engine? kek
you're retarded.

>a 250cc motorbike from 1991 is slower than a 2005 fwd car
you don't say? so amazing. wow. insightful x100

you've got 5k. go, show me a car that beats a bike around a track for 5k and i'll spend 5k on a bike. report back. i assume you're a dumb americunt. so i'll even go to some shit hole city and craigslist it.

>you don't say? so amazing. wow. insightful x100
Comparatively my 1985 motorcycle engine is still faster than most road-going cars.

what fwd shitbox from 2005 is faster than a cbr250rr???

Unless there's a tornado weather can be worked around

Hell even if there is a tornado just put tiny little airplane wings on your bike and bring a parachute. Youll be fine

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/6154138909.html

there, 5k.

i'll wait for your car for 5k to beat it around the track.

0-60 in 3.2 seconds
top speed of 180mph.

i'll wait.

>The first time everyone rides a liter bike they are pretty much in awe trying to understand how this is even legal
When I bought my hayabusa and went WOT I lost my fucking mind. I screamed outloud how the fuck something like this is allowed to exist.

I'm convinced supersports 1000cc and above are the fastest thing on the road 99.9% of the time.

i'm lost, are you siding with me or arguing against me?

Nobike cagecuck pussy too scared of slight wind messing up his 2 foot long hair to daily a bike

>-Motorcycle rider deaths were nearly 30 times more than drivers of other vehicles
>-Motorcycle riders aged below 40 are 36 times more likely to be killed than other vehicle operators of the same age.
>-Motorcycle riders aged 40 years and over are around 20 times more likely to be killed than other drivers of that same age.

holy shit

fuck motorcycles

Your posts are irrelevant.
Motorcycles don't hold their value as well as cars so there's no point in continuing to try and compare the prices of either.
I'm on the side of logic.

A cbr250rr has a top speed of less than 200km/h which is slower than pretty much every shitbox with more than 120hp. Put some good tires and brakes on said shitbox and you'd get your squid asses destroyed.

I bet your weak manlet asses can't even pick that babby bike up let alone knee drag it.

And it's worth it. People who don't ride probably find it hard to understand why people ride with all those risks and call us idiots.
We understand the risks, riding is just THAT good.

>for 1000 you can buy a cuck cage

Ftyfy

Youre welcome cuck

Back to your cage