Should people be required to understand basic car maintenance before receiving their licence

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BLwzXxYhCN6/?taken-by=watracingdotcom
instagram.com/p/BLw2VeoBcaV/?taken-by=watracingdotcom
instagram.com/p/BLw3vAxhv-6/?taken-by=watracingdotcom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty sure doing that to a wheel is against the Geneva Convention as a crime against humanity.

>yfw at least in Huehueland the first course you do before even having simulator classes includes 20 hours of basic vehicle maintenance

Peopel forget, OP.
As well as poor learning quality/DMV authorities who don't give a fuck.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

>women

That can't be real...

>and an axe

We should be teaching shit like that in school instead of pointless shit nobody will ever use like Algebra and Trig. Then fucking idiots won't wait on the side of the road for 2 hours while AMA or whatever shows up to change a tire. Fucking up traffic in the mean time.

Unless you're 80 years old, this is actually false. It is technically required to learn, but since the actual test have no mechanical quests, most schools just skip it.

T. Someone who just got his definitive driver's license.

>yfw the whole theorical course is pretty shit

At least in my town the route they tell you to do the test is piss easy.
No wonder why there's a fuckload of assholes on the road.

>shit nobody will ever use like Algebra and Trig
Algebra has endless applications and is absolutely necessary to do anything more complicated than calculate a tip at a fucking restaurant. Trig is merely an extension of algebra RE: angles. Algebra is also taught in the first year of highschool so it's some pretty fucking basic shit. If you want your country to become a third world with no smart people in it at all, then sure, cancel it in favor of remedial wrenching. Everyone will be a fucking idiot but at least they'll be able to change a tire!

Logic like this is what led to Common Core. There's a reason mechanics tend to be white trash and oil change and tire places are filled with dumb kids. Car basics are FUCKING EASY. You gain nothing by catering to the lowest common denominator. If you teach higher concepts and problem-solving, stuff like mechanics should come naturally. The real problem with OP's screencap is that it was a fucking woman who probably just lacked the arm strength to remove a stubborn nut.

Yea, except people actually use algebra in real like you braindead fuck. Americans are seriously the dumbest group of people on the planet.

*real life
dumb autocorrect.

Why do you have that image on your computer?

I know the person. It's completely real

He's a fagoot Russian that's so poor he owns a truck that revs less than a LS motor and takes out his anger by posting on this board. Ignore him.

i like muscular guys. why?
I'm not a russian?????

I am not Alphonse and why would a 350 sbc not revving be a problem

also

>motor

Most high school students will drop out or work at basic ass jobs. It's almost 2020 and there's an app for everything these days. Teach basic shit to the dindu's and the advanced shit to people that want to achieve something in life.

Mechanics might be dumb and greasy but once they pay off their garage and tools they'll be pulling in more than the average person with some fancy useless degree.

Imagine being this racist and retarded

My high school actually had a autoshop class where you learned shit like that. It was an elective but still, I learned a ton of useful stuff there

well, in my country you have to show that you know some basic shit like how do you check oil level or where to refill brake fluid

Nowadays anyone can just call the tow, so it's not really necessary to pass wheel change test (like it's something that difficult anyway). Although some people hate towing for some reason:

>few days ago, driving to college
>70kmph limit street
>mercedes a-class before me, pic related, generic woman car
>as it accelerates, its rear starts to run away to the right
>at some point car is tilted ~15 degrees to where it should point at, running in the 90's
>i'm carefully slowing down to make more space
>its left rear wheel starts to wobble
>wobble gets worse and worse, at some point entire car starts to jump up and down a ltitle
>car slows down on the next lights
>i'm waving to lower windows
>oh boy, it's actually a woman
>"hey, your wheel almost fell off"
>"i know, i'm driving to mechanic"
that was the moment when i wasn't really sure what to say, just freezed for a moment trying to comprehend
>"um, okay, don't die"
>"k bye"

frankly, i doubt she made it. that wasn't (obviously) just a loose wheel or something, her entire rear suspension was broken beyond anything i ever saw in my life

>Certifiable Mouth-Breather: The Post

>t. Spent $60k on degree to make $12 an hour.

Just when i think nobody can be that retarded i get proven wrong

>>"um, okay, don't die"
>>"k bye"
rofl

Nah keeps the economy flowing and greasemonkeys in business

>Bold
>Bald
>Stripped

Just why man.
>Axe marks nowhere near the nut in question

huh, I didn't realise snakes drink water

>bold lock nut ?
>bald ?
gas axe and a breaker bar
or drill bit and a cold chisel

why learn something so redundant
mechanics reference book has all the tables anyway

>Should people be required to understand basic car maintenance before receiving their licence

That's funny.
In 1st world countries this is actually included in the license education and you will fail if you fail questions about it in the test.

That's what I was about to say. Fucking learned something today.

doesn't everything that's alive drink water?

this is good, because then underage shitskins get brave when modding their CNG cars and go el kaboomo at the filling station

Basically all organisms on earth need water to survive.

first aid course is required in some places too

It's part of the driving test in the UK...

Yes, because of the fundamental way in which life here has evolved.

Hydrogen bonding strong as fuck.

>Should people be required to understand basic car maintenance before receiving their licence
That kind of rule would be ruled discriminatory since the racial discrimination activists almost always file discrimination lawsuits against every type of law or ordinance that uses any kind of "meritocracy" or "knowledge" restriction.

>Why do you have that image on your computer?
Alphonse / Musashia / Beta / A. is a bitter troll who carefully makes technically legal spammy new threads to drive good threads off the board. He also sometimes deliberately posts bad answers. Woe be to you to follow that advice.

Alphonse is one of those posters that supported BLM in past threads. So it's no surprise he trolls (vandalizes) this board. It's part of the revenge attitude those kinds of activists have. He reports people who try to talk about statistics and crime since the truth is too painful and strikes home for him.

It's a shame he has chosen this approach. It's a travesty to free speech since he supports censorship of things he doesn't like. He likes to label others as racist. To people like him, every type of problem occurred as a result of racism.

holy fuck, imagine being this autistic

But you don't imagine a snake going up to a body of water and having a sip, do you

I actually do

That's why you have to be so careful of snakes near bodies of water. Because they are active when they need water.

Is no one going to mention the fact that she got all the other ones off with that shit

desu people who call roadside assistance for a flat tyre should be shot in the back of the head execution style.

cute!

I had to do that once because the GM-made jack didn't do it's job. Just kept slipping out and trying to murder my shins.

I remember seeing a thread at the top of reddit recently about some young adult who needed someone to stop and help him and change his tire, upvoted to the front page. With so many kids growing up with single mothers today, it's not surprising that fewer people know how to do simple, traditionally masculine activities, like changing a tire/wheel. It's not the kids' fault.

Alot of animals get water primarily through their food

>Algebra and trig
>pointless

>It's not the kids' fault.
If you can't figure out how to turn 5 bolts, it is most definitely your fault. If you can't logic your way past "I need to lift the car off the ground before I can remove the wheel" then it's definitely your fault. Don't excuse willful ignorance. All men have an innate critical thinking and problem solving ability because that is how men's minds work. Whether a man is "stupid" or not is just whether he chooses to use that ability, or let other people solve his problems for him. The waning intelligence in the USA is because capitalism has created an environment where you can pay ANYONE to solve ANY problem, and getting money to pay those people isn't even a problem because of credit cards and loans being so easily accessible.

Women are excused for not having mechanical ability, because their brains don't work that way. Logic takes a backseat to emotion for them, so when something doesn't work out immediately, they just become angry or sad and panic and lose their ability to reason.

And people with actual learning disabilities are omitted from the above arguments.

Dolphins and whales get all their water through the fish they eat.
I think so.e animals absorb water.. I could be way wrong about that though.

Isn't that the guy who works at the hoonigan shop? If so I'm pretty sure he did this as a joke

If that's the case, here's an alternative.

Fuck man this is a sfw board, Gore goes in /b/

>snakes typically live in wet places near bodies of water
>it's hard to imagine them drinking from said bodies of water

For sure thats Hert he knows what hes doing lol

yeah it's also a meme that he doesn't know how to work on cars

>using an axe
I blame hollywood and their "shooting locks makes them open" mentality

I'd imagine this if you'd explain it to her it'd end up like this

Islam can't come soon enough

>Algebra and Trig
>pointless shit nobody will ever use

*Puffs blunt*
Yeaaah we don't need no school
*Coughs*
It's all an institution
*Reads about flat earth*

Gas the women, gender war now.

Yeah I'm sure you use it every day as a cashier at Publix. Have fun making $8 an hour.

>I'd imagine this if you'd explain it to her it'd end up like this
She's clearly one of those liberal types that wants to interpret everything as discriminatory so that she can nuke it with a discrimination accusation.

you use a lot of algebra and trig as a fabricator/fitter
speaking from personal experience

>yous

Hahaha, fucking 3rd worlders holy shit. I bet you don't even need to be able to drive manual to get your license.

Sure, but it helps business by having retarded people.

My latest blessing
>at work (Ford dealer, as a service advisor)
>phone rings
>"yeah uh I have a 2016 F250 with the 6.7 in it, and I wasn't really paying attention this morning when I put fuel and DEF in it and I accidentally put a gallon of DEF in the fuel tank. I drove it and it started shuddering, so I pulled over and turned it off. Would I be okay to drive it there you think?"
>Well, you've already done the damage. But I wouldn't drive try to start it back up. Just have it towed here.
>"It's a 2016 you think this will be covered under warranty?"
>unfortunately, no. Ford doesn't cover this kind of thing
>diesel tech brings me parts list
>entire high pressure fuel system (pump, injectors, etc)
>lift pump
>fuel cooler
>35 hrs labor at $125/hr
>$11,700 with taxes
>call customer with news
>he approves it
I feel bad for the guy, but damn am I looking forward to the paycheck that comes after it's finished.

>ever buying a diesel

I don't care how much torque they make that price is unacceptable

This is why playing dumb is your friend.
"I don't know what happened."

Nobody is gonna spend the time trying to figure out what happened.

Welcome to direct injection, it's a bitch.

Well the cabin comfort is unbelievable, and if you do need to haul ~10,000lbs worth of stuff it's totally worth it.

Not that many people need that kind of long term hauling power/ride comfort though

Honestly doesn't sound so very retarded. Aside from putting the DEF in the fuel tank, his/her actions/questions were perfectly fine. Turning it off right away, asking if it'd be okay to drive anyway, asking (just asking) if it's a case for warranty. Considering this happened in the US, diesels aren't very common there, DEF probably is even less common, I wouldn't expect the average customer to know what DEF is and what happens to the fuel system when you put it in the fuel tank. My dad had 6 million miles in different diesel cars under his belt when he filled up on premium gasoline once and didn't notice for several miles, mishaps happen when you're a wagecuck and leave for work at 6am.

Fucking Americans, I hate you so very much.

So you don't need a book to tell you how to do something most 8th graders should know how to do.

Dealerships and car companies are used to paying to fix shit. You're not harming anyone in withholding the truth.

>"um, okay, don't die"
oy im laffin

Because you always have

>A jack
>A spare
>A safe place to change the tire
>The tools to do it

>Implying technicians are dumb and wouldn't take a fuel sample.

Outcome would have been the same.

Standard equipment in the trunk of literally every car. The only exception is the repair kit when you the tire is shredded beyond repair.

>I feel bad for the guy, but damn am I looking forward to the paycheck that comes after it's finished.
My chevy stealership service advisor is always trying to disqualify repairs under warranty for that reason of paycheck bonus. The shop claims they are not under commision, but they clearly have some sort of monthly incentive bonus to steer repairs away from in-warranty service.

Even the free oil change with the new car was disqualified because the car's oil change indicator didn't say it was under 10% life remaining. Of course the advisor recommended I get an oil change at the full dealership price. It doesn't matter that I had reset it myself when experimenting with the reset button.

Playing dumb would have been worse in his case
>what is additional diagnosis time

For me there's only a 2% commission on everything that gets processed with my name on it. I don't try and upsell shit because I'd rather have customers return instead of gouging their souls out of their wallet. I always try and get people warranty work when I can because they're more likely to come back.

That all sounds like bullshit, and of course it's all different between franchises and dealers and advisors. All I know is my own experience and I'm punching out in a few weeks anyway.

>most
what are you talking about

This just in! A safe place to change your tire is included with literally every car!

Don't be an idiot, it doesn't suit you.

Koala's typically don't drink water and get it through Eucalyptus, although they can drink it when in need.

Not to mention the fact you can't always trust the wonder-wheel, and no, not all cars come with a spare. Not to mention, what happens when you have TWO flats? Or are you going to say all cars come with 4 spare?

Oh yeah, and let me touch on this:

>Don't be an idiot, it doesn't suit you.

1) You don't know me. For all you know I'm mentally retarded. Don't assume being an idiot doesn't suit me.

2) I'm not being an idiot by being unwilling to attempt to change my tire in bad weather, bad neighborhoods, on the side of the highway during extreme traffic, or in an area where the jack will just sink into the ground.

3)
>Calling others idiots when you're wrong as fuck.

>I always try and get people warranty work when I can because they're more likely to come back.
Same poster as before. My chevy stealership is huge and doesn't have to care because its service bays are always full of non-warranty work (excepting takata airbags and other recalls). So there is no incentive for them to accept warranty work unless there is a gap in the schedule.

That's why warranty work may have as much as a 2 week appointment wait because their service advisors use this computer program. They seem to like scheduling multiple warranty jobs together to create double-charging overlap. I see the same tech crossing over to work on other cars during my charged service time. That way, when the tech finishes one job earlier in the block of charged time, he has those spare minutes to use towards another job. Never mind those spare minutes were charged to a different person's car. By overlapping, they seem to generate a higher profit per hour per square foot of shop space.

The state also allows time estimate chunks as large as a quarter hour and not by minutes. So the dealership uses that for non-warranty work estimates. Of course course, there are spare minutes out of those chunks not used which can apply towards another job. I've noticed that too, but it is hard to get a good view since they don't let customers watch or talk to the techs. The service area has its own giant door that comes down to prevent even short glimpses of what goes on. Thus, they work in nearly a black box.

It claims to be a family-owned business. A family of Shylocks evidently. It says all the right PC words, but is a shylock corp with incentivized shylock employees.

Thankfully, I have another car to drive.

All it takes is a hammer and the right sized socket...
Removed all 4 with little to no fuss...
But yeah, people can be dumb
instagram.com/p/BLwzXxYhCN6/?taken-by=watracingdotcom
instagram.com/p/BLw2VeoBcaV/?taken-by=watracingdotcom
instagram.com/p/BLw3vAxhv-6/?taken-by=watracingdotcom

Alright faggots, do you REALLY think the guy who said people who call for assistance should be shot wouldn't exempt situations where changing the tire yourself is impossible or unfeasible? Stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

what's a bold lock?

you're right

cats used to get almost all their water from meat, and still need meat for water soluble nutrients

this