What happened Veeky Forums? In the 2000, guys were all about street meets showing off their own machines and shitboxes

What happened Veeky Forums? In the 2000, guys were all about street meets showing off their own machines and shitboxes.

The average enthusiast cared how much HIS OWN civic could go fast, worked on it and had fun.
Nowadays, the same guy will be looking at Corvette, GTR, 911 ,Ford Gt, Aventador, Huracan and other cars he will literally never own. Benchracing and obsessing over them.

What the fuck happened?
Where is that 21y/o kid that only cared about having fun in his moms AE92 equipped with 4AGE. Enthusiast were actually fine with being what they are and didn't even look at whos at the top.

Now its all about who and whats at the top.
Only the most expensive, edgiest and exotic cars are fapped upon?
Everybody is staring at it so hard but no one can have it. Instead they just wank themselves over in a corner and repeat shitposting on social media rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

Where did the guy who respected and enjoyed his E30 shitbox disappear to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RthBXJ-Oth0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

normies like shiny things owned by trust fund kiddies, get over it

tl;dr: something something shitboxes, op is a faggot

Social media takeover on car culture. Normies like super/hyper cars, so filmers/photographers take pictures of super/hyper cars to appeal to the general audience.

Car culture is now seen as something only the rich can enjoy, and now the "average enthusiast" now benchraces those cars.

The guy who respected and enjoyed his E30 shitbox still does, but thanks to social media you don't see him around much anymore.

Maybe you should get off the computer and go to a meet.

Top Gear happened

The drivers still exist, they're just in the extreme minority in this shithole of a board.

literal assmad gm fangirl spotted

wtf forgot my trip

The only ones that actually did stuff with cars were the tripfags. Sure, the things they did were sometimes epic or awful, but they at least did things and contributed OC. All the oldfags left, and now it's only anons that like to shitpost totally irrelevant laptimes on cars they'll never own, start automatic vs manual troll threads, or other such threads that contribute nothing to board culture. General threads came, and while they help to separate the wheat from the chaff, /b/tard trolls still target them and the topics they cover dont go beyond their thread. For example, an user could give a brilliant write up on the procedures for replacing a head gasket in the Honda General, but the kid driving a Thunderbird Super Coupe with a bhg will totally miss it because he hates Hondas.

TLDR bus rider anons are killing Veeky Forums. Go out, buy a shitbox, ask questions, wrench on shitbox, post content, and create new OC

also Veeky Forums was never good in the first place

Can it be saved?

no, mnot really. as long as gm fangirls exist they'll continue to shit upt the board.

Thats not the kind of meet I was talking about.
All those cars look pristine condition and are carefully organized.

Im talking about spontaneous gatherings of a 3-20 kids about the same age, bringing whatever, racing, shittalking, showing off, hanging around and what not just as a time waster.

youtube.com/watch?v=RthBXJ-Oth0
Im talking about something similiar to what Jeremy was showing on the video. Like Japan in the 90's, I remember a (for me) brief period of this happening near my local Walmart in 2000's. A fond memory from the days when I was just a highschooler. But it was very real. Everyone just focused on what they had on the hands.
You didn't really have or for that matter need a skill.
It was all about fun with your bros enjoying the car cultura.

>working on cars
>not a waste of time

>reading comprehension

you quoted the wrong post you dumb cuck

wtf? forgot my name

The internet has educated most. Nobody looks at a Japanese car and thinks it's fast anymore. It has gotten people to make better and smarter decisions on buying cars. People still bring their Jap scrap to meets, they just don't get any attention.

Sounds less like car culture and more like being a teen before the economic collapse and the shut-in culture of millenials. I imagine wage stagnation and unemployment have taken the wind out of the sails for a lot of people who would otherwise be car enthusiasts. The only ones left are the LARPer benchracers who don't own anything but just play fantasy football with cars.

The Mullet Halo car rivalry between FCA/Ford/GM and the ongoing horsepower wars are more exciting than boring Japanese imports with great fuel economy. It doesn't help that companies like Honda make the Civic Si less exciting with every generation.

Exactly. Seems like OP wants to go to a stance meet. Where everyone purposely makes their car a piece of shit so everyone can pat themselves on the back.

Thats exactly it. It feels like the car culture was intertwined with every teen before the economic collapse.
It might be just me looking in retrospective but I can't decide if life is actually harder than before. Some may say thats what everyone says, but I remember myself back in 1998 when I told my father I had never seen 100$ bill.
He showed me the bill and calmly told me I can keep it. A clueless 10 year old. But he certainly had the money to throw in that period. Come 2009 fat chance I could ask him that again.
Also what this guy said is true, they aren't fast at all, but what I was talking about is that people whos fastest vehicle is their bus/bicycle/legs are shitting on a base model econobox, when they themselves don't even posses any understanding of cars nor appreciation for them. Only spazzing about the latest edgiest Italian.

It was much better then, newfag
>INB4 I'm not new
I've been here 10 years and seen dozens of new trips come and go, and I've never seen you here.

Once again, Veeky Forums was better when trips that actually owned cars posted content that related to said cars. Most on Veeky Forums today are 18-26 year old neckbeards and autists that don't have a DL or a car and shitpost all day long

I heard you mention this before. i believe you.

>those SVT lightings
massive fucking wood right now. 90s ferd trucks are some of the best looking ever.

Veeky Forums is not representative of people who own cars.

That's obviously Alphonse