/ovg/ - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about auto related games.

Previous Thread:

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZLBOpI5JFKebBA_i-SCkGRRypXovWv6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemballa#Death_of_Uwe_Gemballa
get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor2#Content_Creation.2C_Modding.2C_and_Converting
get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor2#Where_to_buy.2Fdownload.3F
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for NFS Payback is going to be shit.

soft reminder to sign up for the /OVGT6/ Bring Your Own Shitbox club and events or YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RACE

Also, you don't have to join through the website, you can join in game. However i suggest using the website so you can download the custom tracks beforehand because joining servers without the custom tracks can be fucky at best.

So i am 9 seconds slower than the record on silverstone gp. How bad is that for a beginner? I havent done any adjustments to the car and i really have no idea what i would changem Also, i am just supposed to memorize how far down i can press the brake without the tires locking up right, since there is no "feel" to it at all. Or should i just turn on abs.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZLBOpI5JFKebBA_i-SCkGRRypXovWv6
watch this

In my experience, 100% of the people who shit talk oval racing usually suck at it.

turn abs on. if you're driving a GT3 it's RP.

Anyone hyped for E3?

>Forza Motorsport 7(forza motorsport and forza horizon being released every 2 years alternating between the 2 that are released yearly, last year was horizon this year should be motorsport)
>new need for speed game
>possibly something from Polyphony Digital(???)

FM7 better have rally racing or something or else it's just going to be fucking 6 & 5 again

>possibly something new from Polyphony
You mean apart from GT Sport?

Yea, i never understood if GT Sport was supposed to release the normal Gran Turismo series or if it was supposed to act like a beta to test on players to prepare us for Gran Turismo 7.

>release
replace*

as someone who got into the beta, i think its somewhere in between the prologue and what a regular gt, but i think it's going to be a precursor for the direction the series goes in

Forza 7 needs to expand past asphalt circuits. There's nothing wrong with it as a game, but at this point it's getting pretty tiresome.

The link is dead

Posting again.

I remember SL Redline having awful car physics. Are there any mods to fix that? Or do you guys just enjoy building the cars?

The default setup's probably fucked too

there are physics mods that try but I havent really messed with them

and yeah the building is the fun part

drifting and drag is about all you can do properly unless you get lucky and find a modded car with decent enough physics to drive on tracks with

post shitbox

That was fun boys. Next GT-like fun event will prob take place after the M235i series ends, probably on Toscana. Or Complex String if we crank the memes to 11.

I had to go to a wedding, so I couldn't come back in time...

GT netcode can be a cruel mistress.

I wanna buy gran turismo 6 for the ps3 (either from the playstation store or get it second hand from someone).
is it worth bros? I saw some people going full wangan midnight on youtube. Is it just closed tracks? How many race modes does it have (sprint, circuit, drift, etc)?
also, I can imagine you can play it just fine with the controller, but will I enjoy it that way? I don't wanna buy a wheel just for this.

Depends on how much it is, it can be fun. I have GT5 and that track is closed off, it's obviously not street racing, but it is 14 miles long, and there's also a few more Tokyo tracks. If you want to do Wangan shit, you should either get Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 or find a Wangan Midnight arcade machine. Also, it's probably the best sim game to use a controller with, it works well.

>"we need a ferrari, but we don't have a license for the brand"

Forgot to add, that it's mostly just circuit racing. You can build a drift car, and there is a drift mode that counts your points, but it's not much more than that. I think the even the Wangan track goes into a full circle, it's not point-to-point. Also, there's a rally mode.
I don't think it's that bad, though (aside from the rims, but I'm assuming they're not stock). Gemballa is way underrated. Also wondering why it looks like there's a bullet hole in the windshield.

thanks user.
I'll try and find some guys that sell it. Last time I checked it went for pretty cheap, like 10 euros, so it's not that big of a deal.

>Also wondering why it looks like there's a bullet hole in the windshield.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemballa#Death_of_Uwe_Gemballa

Saddest reacts

Buy it because we're doing a series in it and it's going to be LIT.

It's just a bug with the reflection where certain light sources appear color negative

fastest minivan in all da land

Fanatec™ quality

What's this game, and why do trucks have custom skins? Will a skin show up for everyone if you make it or something?

Communism wins lol

yas

time to fuck with this game again

yall niggas hating on racing game stories in the last thread can suck it

Straight line speed is for fags

Sort of, but not really for racing games as such.

Tentitively excited to see more of the NFS and if it'll be worth time, and it'd be nice to hear about GT sport and what it'll be like moving
forward.

As far as Kaz is concerned he said it is GT7. Take that as you will. He also said he wants to get upto 500 cars after release, so if he isn't talking out of his ass or changes his mind, it'll start looking more like a normal GT over time. looks like more than a prolouge though ATM even. Like said it's more like the franchise is heading in a new direction whether it'll be good or not IDK.

Ban all group A civics

I always found it odd that they went with Gemballa over Ruf, at least on the porsche side of things in that.

Only other game I remember doing that was a Maximum tune game, and one of the TXR's.

There's a big difference between one that can be ignored once you finish it (The crew) and one that is the entire point (NFS: The Runs).
Besides, dumping money into a story nobody wants to play instead of focusing on good gameplay is asking for trouble. The Crew at least provided endgame content and endurance stuff to do with its fucking MASSIVE map. That, and at the end of the day the game wasn't really bogged down by its story.
FH3 is successful as it is because it's a sandbox racing game, and probably one of the best ones ever made.

Maybe they wanted to be unique? Besides, a large part of the game is about customization, which means Gemballa makes more sense than Ruf.

That's a good point.

I think part of the surprise was up until then I didn't think Gemballa was one of the few tuning houses that were considered at least in their own country legally a different manufacture which is how I figured the Ruf video game loop hole was always a thing.

>tfw not good enough to race AC online, especially not on drift servers which is what i bought my wheel and ac for in the first place
>tfw gets incredibly boring driving alone

feels bad man ; _;

Get Good™

just hotlap around the burgerking, you'll get decent at regular racing at least.

the ai is very good, you'd have fun driving against them

git gud

you don't need to win, just focus on driving as smooth as you can and keeping your line in side-by-side situations. Finishing fifth on public server without getting bopped out of the track feels great too. Pick a server, track, car, practice until you don't fall out of the track and have enough room for possible mistakes, then you'll surely have some nice battles online.

also, this:
nuburgring public servers are full of bus riders unable to even take the first corner, you'll feel like a shining start of sim racing if you only manage to do entire lap

>do quick race
>might get me to a lobby 1 out of 5 tries
>every time it's a 5 second penalty while lightly touching a suzuki gsxr/4 episode

Colour me retarded but what do i do with the dlc unlocker in ac

"Retarded" is not a colour

Color*

You just copypaste that shit in the AC root folder. Note that it only lets you access the dlc content, you still need to download the cars and tracks seperately.

how do i stop snap oversteering into the opposite direction when coming off a drift?

Stop countersteering so much/get better at catching it

countersteer less, feel when the car is about to come back around and stop giving steering input

i think my issue is i'm having trouble extending drifts in the low powered car i'm learning in (ae86 drift) so my drifts in high (non low) angle corners fall short which causes me to countersteer too much

what can i do to counter this?

Learn to feel when the drift is about to stop and stop countersteering.

Gonna try and figure out why my wheel spazzes out in AC, it's just suddenly started doing it and I can't find a clear pattern for why it does it.

It could be alt+tabbing, but between quali and race I didn't do that so eh.... And there's not a clear way to fix it either

How does the livery system work in rFactor? Does everyone see it automatically once I make it, does it have to be submitted to the server, or what?

In rFactor 1 (and all derivatives) the livery must be sent to the server host and integrated onto the server. You will not be able to join a server if you don't have all skins and you cannot join a server with a skin it does not have.

In rFactor 2 your skin (if you did it right) will be automatically shared with everyone else on the server and you'll download theirs too without any need for organization.

>you will never drive as yourself in a racing game

Cool. Are there any downsides to the cracked version, as in, can I play multiplayer and stuffas normal?

You will develop a strong affinity for Pringles

So when the FUCK are we gonna get wheel offset settings in this game?
Why am i forced to use widebodies so the wheel arches don't look completely retarded?

Add more power so you can play with the throttle. More negative camber could also help.

what map do you guys figure the crew 2 will have? i liked the big whole america map it was a pretty cool thing

China

I know that sometimes if you get impatient and press join twice, two instances of acs will load and fuck with FFB.

Enjoy struggling to find updates.

I hope europe. Horizon 2's map was very cool

>get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor2#Content_Creation.2C_Modding.2C_and_Converting

Are you telling me that not every update is listed?

get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor2#Where_to_buy.2Fdownload.3F

Original link goes to the wrong section, but you know what I mean.

I'm telling you that if you pirate rFactor 2 you have to be okay with waiting days before getting the update, stopping you from playing online, and that if we run series on rF2 you have to be okay with getting cucked out of a race.

Now if you're just playing SP it's a good idea.

Reporting in for Fridays race

excellent ride senpai

How many of you sim racing cucks have a real racing trophy?

I have an OVGT86 participation trophy

good, would be weird af

Is that the 'Most Stylish Driver' trophy?

I'll sponsor a trophy for the next series I can actively participate in

Engraved and everything

Unfortunately can't take part in next GTP event either due to being drunk at a festival at the time

>exact same car as me
FUCK OFF

>Being suprised another Euro is driving a 206

Aren't those one of the most common shitboxes ever over there?

it's not my fault it's the only thing we drive here

I'd throw a fiver in as well.

It's fine. As long as it isn't supposed to represent a diesel with two extra doors I won't be mad.

It's not the one i have either. I have the newer 2010 + model. But GT6 doesn't have that one so what can ya do.

A fiver almost covers a basic trophy, they're really cheap when it's just club-size stuff

Second place trophy then

>chavs don't like BMW's

Chavs are a dead species.

I'm excited as fuck for DiRT 4.
Will we have any rally cross or just general Rally races /ovg/?

We had impromptu rallycross races back in the day. And since now you can use randomised stages, we can have rallies and rally sprints that are fresh.

NFS gonna suck even more than the older one did.