What is this thing here do?

What is this thing here do?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4416134/Kent-man-Nick-Jones-crushed-death-Audi.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a centre jack. If you put it in the center of the engine it lifts up the front end, using only one jack. Very handy.

Me being young and afraid of nothing, didn't bother spending the money for them to change my oil and what not.
> changing oil underneath car pulling plug.
> dad drags me out by my feet
> literally kicks my ass and breaks my nose
> go to Canadian tire and buy a set.

you smash your windows with it in an emergency

dubs tell the truth

put it up your ass, you FAT MEXICAN CHICKEN BOY

>not getting a ramp

Rampfag get Rampd

>go to canadian tire
>but a set of 3-ton motomaster jack stands
>MADE IN CHINA

I still don't go under my car. I never stick my head underneath. I just stick my shoulder under there. If the car collapses, at least it won't kill me.

poor fucker needs a diet

I think 2 Jack's + 2 jack stands is pretty safe. If you don't think so, maybe you should just stay inside.

It takes just one jack stand to fail to kill you. Also, I am dubious about propping your car up with a jack as a "backup" because I imagine that with a trolley jack, if the car collapses on it when it's up, it could slip from the force and it won't do you any good at all. I really wish we had some products that weren't made in China. The only jack stands you can buy at Canadian tire are Motomaster and CERTIFIED. The 'certified' brand is absolute cheap garbage (bought a jack from them. miserable flimsy little thing that couldn't lift my car high enough to put stands). But the jack stands from motomaster, the "better" brand, are made in China too. I absolutely don't feel safe using these, and I have heard of jack stands failing. Since my car has a low profile, I won't dare stick my head underneath when it's supported by "great leap forward" tier cast iron.

If you can find me one instance of Jack's / stands failing resulting in death or injury. You are right

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4416134/Kent-man-Nick-Jones-crushed-death-Audi.html

Jack failure.

I meant Jack's and stands used together, sorry.
"when the jack failed"
> using one jack.
> not using jackstands.

Sure a jack can fail, but not all four used together. Chinese or not.

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4416134/Kent-man-Nick-Jones-crushed-death-Audi.html

>>'I can remember one occasion where he'd taken the engine out and painted it and then left it in the oven to dry, I was always finding air filters in the dishwasher.

God I hate women.

Jacks should never be trusted. It's the jack stands that don't fail. Set the car on jack stands in a good place that won't rock over, drop the jack back down and out of the way.

>Using jack stands
>Not using tire ramps
Literally safer then jack stands with no failure, unless you are actually retarded.

>>'I can remember one occasion where he'd taken the engine out and painted it and then left it in the oven to dry, I was always finding air filters in the dishwasher.

I've read this sentence close to 10 times now and I still can't grasp what she's trying to say? What does this mean?

whats wrong with ramps? I just got some today for doing my own oil changes,

Nothings wrongs with ramps. In this day an age, all kinds of crazy shit is acceptable.