Friend fell for the bike meme. Why are bikefags such retards?

Friend fell for the bike meme. Why are bikefags such retards?

>$200 for bike
>$30 for helmet
>$6 to register bicycle
>??? maintenance costs
>"I'm gonna ride it to save money on gas!"
>only rides it to work (2 miles one way)
>Works ~20 times a month
>20*4=80 miles a month
>Drives 40mpg Prius
>Effectively spends $5/month in fuel driving to work
>Has to own the car anyway for long trips and to get groceries
>Can only ride when the weather isn't shit
>Car has A/C for hot days and heater for cold days
>Muh costs though
>$236/5= 47.2
>Will literally take 47.2 MONTHS of riding the bike to work every day to make it worth "saving gas"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5cDvF8kZwoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is an Impressive amount of Math for your average Veeky Forums shitposter.
(Thumbs up Emoji)

>6 buckaroos to register
Didn't know this was a thing. Where?

We need it here because I fucking hate bicyclists. Fucking stupid cucks.

>$6 to register

oh jesus fucking christ i'm out of breath from laughter

somebody help me

>>$6 to register bicycle
Is this Europe, wtf?

Nah, yurop doesn't use helmets either.

>$6 to register bicycle
>money goes directly to muhammad and his refugee family so they can buy hydrogen peroxide to make a bomb
>shrapnel pierces OP's helmet, paralyzing him from the neck down

Th-thanks

>>$6 to register bicycle
Not even yurop is this retarded.
t. yurop country with massive cyclist population

uber with bikes would be a good april fool's joke

Wisconsin, I'm not sure if it's all towns but mine requires all bicycles be registered

>$6 to register bicycle

This is rich. What happens if you don't register it? Do they have plates?

Did Californian give you a free Prius?

You forgot to factor in the cost of obesity.
Obesity is very expensive.

>register bicycle
Does parking enforcement at your town prey upon the schools bike rack?

>burgers have to register bicycles
top kek
also watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=5cDvF8kZwoU

This really bothered me. I don't know why I even sat through the full thing.

To be fair driving 2 miles is almost not worth it.
If anything I'd say walk it (>implying a burger knows how to walk further than the fridge) if you've got the time

Cars consume a lot more gas when they're cold.

>registering a bike
Is this a Californian thing or something?

Anyways I know this is b8 but I know a lot of Veeky Forums hates bikes for the other reasons, but it's "fun." You aren't necessarily bound to dealing with shit traffic, it's good exercise, and you can just take it out any time and have fun. I know not everyone lives in an area where you can bike, but if you can then it is certainly worth it.

I really only drive my car for groceries and to visit my parents as of late. It's just quicker and easier to take a bike or public transportation (not a lot of parking in my area)

>>Will literally take 47.2 MONTHS of riding the bike to work every day to make it worth "saving gas"

So two years of bike riding and afte that its all profit. Sounds good to me.

>6 dollars to register a bike

Lmao are burgers so cucked????

Guess I have new trolling material for /n/

>disrespecting the dead

I have never heard of reistering a bike. I was putting money on California but....

Uruguayan here, we used to have an optional register of bikes for less than 2 bucks that included a chassis number engraved in your frame and was useful in case of theft, but this burger mandatory registration thing is the height of cuckoldry

>implying 2 mile drives are good for your car
>implying he won't be more by the way, maintenance costs per km for bikes are around 1/5th of those for a car (including fuel)

>basic math
>impressive
I guess if you are a high school dropout wrench monkey any math beyond multiplication and subtraction will be impressive

>6 buckaroos to register
>Didn't know this was a thing. Where?
Not that guy, but it costs to register bicycles here too. The tiny cost is to cover the adminstrative fee for the system to record the serial number of the bicycle. This is used by the police when they recover stolen bikes to return that property to their registered owner of record.

You register cars and hope that if they get stolen, the police use that serial number (VIN) to return the car to you.

Hey, I'm Uruguayan as well, but live in the US now. Where you from?
Canelones here. I just found out the arcade I went to when I lived there got bought and turned into a club called Lolita.

Bicycle registering now, sidewalk permits next.

TacuarembĂł. Glad you could get away from this shithole lol. It was never really good but it has shat the bed recently with Frente Amplio.
isn't Lolita a fashion store?

Couldn't deal.

>isn't Lolita a fashion store?
Oh, shit, maybe it is. I was having a nostalgia trip while using google maps and it looked like a club from the outside to me.
I never saw one when I lived there. Is it a newer chain store?

>>"I'm gonna ride it to save money on gas!"
>I'm gonna ride it to save myself from buying a car
ftfy
you're a retard if you're comparing the total price of buying, and registering a bike to just the cost of keeping a car filled with gas, with no mention of purchase of the car, registration, insurance, etc.

Somewhat, how long ago did you leave this place?
It's an international chain, it has stores all over Latin America at least

I left in July of 2007. Last time I was there was Christmas/New Years 2012.
It was really a kick in the ass seeing all my family over there in the same conditions still, like they were frozen in time. All the stray animals, and kids running around in the street with water bottles cut in half for shoes.
When I was looking through google maps the other day, it looked like nothing really changed, but then again, I have no idea how old the images are.

>kids running around in the street with water bottles cut in half for shoes
come on, that wasn't ever very common unless you go to the cantes. The reality is probably sadder though, people living borrowed lives, beyond their means. They thought the economy was doing well because there was cheap credit, poor bastards. Now the lines are drying up. I just hope to graduate from university before shit finally hits the fan for good.

It wasn't common, I know. I only saw it twice when I was there in 2012, but both times I just really hit me.
>I just hope to graduate from university before shit finally hits the fan for good.
I hope you can too, stay strong user.

> I only saw it twice when I was there in 2012, but both times I just really hit me.
oh
same with people eating from the trash, although that's sadly common
>I hope you can too, stay strong user.
thanks user

>register a bicycle

>$6 (six USD) to register a bicycle
>land of the free

pick one

>buy used $30 bike
>ride it

Only if you're going to ride on a road.
Only morons ride on roads when you have plenty of alternative ways.

I commute on a bicycle.

It's short, gas wouldn't matter. But I do save the $70 per month that my employer charges for a fucking parking permit.

Stopping anywhere along the way, or on the way back, is way easier than it would be with a car because fuck parking in LA.

Plus I don't need to depend on my unreliable (but cheap) shitheap to get to work, so it's not an emergency if it breaks down.

And, it's a simple way to work some light exercise into the day.

I'm not gonna try to suggest that it's something that can work for everyone, but I'm pretty happy with it.

>living in commiefornia and in the capital of faggotry at that
lmao@u

>being forced to give up SIX of your hard-earned freedom rectangles to tell the gov't you have a bike

>used to ride my bike to school every day (about 2km 1 way)
>state passes law that is basically if you aren't a young kid you gotta ride on the road
>road to school is busy as fuck so it's suicide
>school knocks down bike shed because it went from 20+ people using it per day to 2 people
god i hate this shithole

I would love to bike to work but too many transients in my area. I would probably get mugged/stabbed/my bike stolen/hit by a high driver before my first month of commuting was up.

An old 10 speed is all you need unless you live in a shithole with shitty roads.

a penny saved is a penny earned

>>$6 to register bicycle

FREEDOM™(1)

(1) - Terms and conditions may apply

kek

>doesn't know what (y) means
I fucking wish people under the age of 21 would just be liquidised and used to fertilise crops

>Do they have plates?
Don't be silly. Bicycles aren't issued plates. They record the serial number that the manufacturer stamps onto the frame. This is usually on the rear forks area.

I remember seeing a black guy using one of those cheap electrical welders (probably a harbor freight special) welding on the rear forks of several bikes. It was only years later that I learned that was where the serial numbers are. They weld over the number and then sand it smooth before selling the bike. I guess they do that just in case the bike was reported to the police as being stolen.

he's calling (you) retarded

i thought registration wasn't mandatory and if you did register it, it was pretty much for proof of ownership when a niggo steals it

>$6 to register a bike
>paying to park your car at work

What a ride to read this thread

I'd commute by bike to work (10km) but it's less fun than taking the motorbike and less useful than taking the car, takes longer, sweating and additional laundry

And there's another thread that says math is dumb

>same with people eating from the trash
That goes on in los angeles and san francisco with the homeless situation.

>I would love to bike to work but too many transients in my area. I would probably get mugged
Same problem here. We had two bicycle riders mugged last year and that caused the number of people riding bikes to work to basically drop to zero. My company had lots of bike racks because people did ride in to work from apartments and homes in the area. And there's bicycle friendly roads with actual bike paths too.

My corporation (it's huge) even helped sponsor and pay for a scenic bike trail (and walking path) along the river and elsewhere that extends for dozens of miles north and south. Thus, even if you were far away, all you needed to do was go east or west to that riding trail and then you'd be able to ride to the company without any cars competing with you until you crossed major roads. BUT get this, the trail would often use its own roadway underneath bridges and in some cases have a bridgeway built for it going over a major road.

People did ride to work and the large bike racks were full of bikes. Then, in the past 10 years, the homeless problem zoomed up as other states bused their homeless to our progressive paradise. Other homeless also immigrated here from other states to avoid the persecution. As a result, the homeless numbers grew and they started to live along the river areas. Muggings began on the popular walking and riding trail and now it is mostly unused when it was always busy before.

A nun was on the trail. She got mugged and raped and her body was found. Long before that, the biking to work had ceased. The company has left the roofed-over bike parking areas untouched even though the racks are empty except for a few bikes from brave bikers who stubbornly resist the homeless invasion.

>employer charging you to park on their premises
Holy fuck get a different job you shit-eater. Stand up for yourself. You should not have to pay to park where you fucking work.

You left out how he also now has backup transportation and his day or possibly a good portion of his week won't be ruined if his car breaks down. I would own a bike for that reason if work/auto parts stores/whatever were within a decent biking distance of where I live.

>my employer charges for a fucking parking permit.
What a niggardly company that is. My corporation even builds multi-story parking garages across the street and connects to them via a skybridge so employees don't have to cross any busy streets. Employee Parking is free.

>You should not have to pay to park where you fucking work.
No one said you had to park in a permit controlled lot. Park elsewhere or pay for the convenience.