So this is what the left rear wheel on my 2014 Ram 1500 looks like

So this is what the left rear wheel on my 2014 Ram 1500 looks like.

Afaik it only affects the handbrake system, but it seems to be part of the cast iron bracket that goes all around the axle.

The car is 6 months past warranty, but the rust on the cracked surface means the damage is much older, right?

Maybe, doesn't really matter though...you get to pay for new parts, not FCA...

It's under warranty though.

This is an obvious factory fault.

>It's under warranty though.
Assuming the dealer accepts the obvious fact that the rust means the damage is almost the same age as the car.

>The car is 6 months past warranty

?????

It's a 3+ year old car, who knows what it has been through in that time. Also, depending on where you drive/how you use it, surface fouling doesn't take long to form at all on exposed metal surfaces.

>The car is 6 months mast warranty

See Also, I brought up the clanging noise at the dealer a while ago, so there's that.

>dodge

serves you right.

negro, its past warranty. no dealer in their right fucking mind will fix that for free.

>Also, I brought up the clanging noise at the dealer a while ago, so there's that.

Ah, yes, I'm sure the tech you talked to remembers it very clearly and will side with you when you roll in asking them to change a part as part of a warranty that has run out.

>I'm sure the tech you talked to remembers it very clearly

The boss actually.

Ah, yes. I'm sure the guy who runs the place will side with you when you roll in asking him to replace a part that's out of warranty.

I hope so, yes.

its only 3 years old and has that much rust? why?

this is my car, its a 2002 and its my winter car.
it sees tons of salt. how the fuck did dodge fuck up that bad on rustproofing? did they use some kind of finger paint?

>The car is 6 months past warranty
No way in hell warranty will cover, but dealer might still try to scam you out of an inspection/verification fee.

I should probably specify that this is in Europe.

This is a single-store dealer that sells imported US cars.
So it's not like this is a faceless branch where they can hide behind formalities. It's pretty much based on the honor system.

>car dealer
>honor

I dunno what planet you live on bud

>based on the honor system
So you get free extended warranty service if nobility?

If this is a pre-existing issue of which the shop owner was notified well during the warranty period, yes.

I'm not sure you bringing up "a clanging noise" a while ago qualifies as notifying the shop owner well during the warranty period...

We'll see.

>The car is 6 months past warranty,
What did he mean by this?

>2014
>that big of an issue
Why do people still buy chrysler products when they've been known for doing shit like this since forever? They're utter garbage, always have been, and always will be.

Well, you seem pretty convinced they're gonna replace it. Like the other dude said earlier, surface fouling can occur really quickly on unprotected metal surfaces so I wouldn't bet on them buying the whole "This definitely happened more than six months ago"-story.

Good luck anyway

It's not you or him I need to convince, but I'm pretty confident.

>brought it up months ago
>surface rust on break indistinguishable from rest
>almost brand new car
>only 20k miles in 2.5 years

The engine and transmission are golden though.

And for the money, the trim and features are unbeatable.

And it's not like other cars can't have shit happen to them.
People I know personally have had unreasonably significant issues with new Volkswagens, Range Rovers, Porsches, ...

Look at your caliper, that's not rust? Everything else in that pick is powder coated or aluminum. Aluminum doesn't show rust, just gets a dusty look.

Hahahahahahahahaha

You think you're the first person to try this? Claiming a noise is nothing is an old stealership scam. You don't force the issue while warrantee is still good, you're screwed. It would be different if there's a paper trail proving they worked on that specific issue, but didn't fix it. But you can't prove they even looked at it.