I-i-i need truck for towing

>i-i-i need truck for towing

Sad!

greentext aside, could i tow a 650lb trailer and a 300lb bike with a 95-2000 volvo? Need to get a summer car and dont want to get an suv or truck

Which Volvo exactly and with what engine?

depends on the Volvo, google the tow rating of what you're interested in. (ratings vary by region, make sure it's the right one)

You can tow just about anything with anything... This 2 liter Lexus sports wagon towed 1800 lbs for 1200 miles at winter time. While having fully allowed load on the roof and the rest of the interior full of moving-stuff.
No problem at all.
Don't know where Americans got the notion you have to have a huge car to do towing. Only if you tow extreme weight often you might wanna consider a more specialized car for it.

enjoy your transmission rebuild soon faggot

>Don't know where Americans got the notion you have to have a huge car to do towing

If you tow large things, such as a caravan or a small digger on a trailer, you need a heavy tow vehicle.

We have more shit to haul. I've seen shitboxes in the US hauling rental trailers bigger than that thing.

Rebuilding transmission from what? A roadtrip with a trailer? Jesus, you don't have to have a cast iron bilebucket with yuuuge rideheight and a truckbed to tow shit. That tranny takes way more abuse from a trackday than two such trip.

He specifically asked about 950 lbs on the back of a late 90s Volvo... Hardly heavyweight work.

actually the reason cars have lower tow ratings than SUV/Trucks have more to do with the softer suspension, smaller profile tires and sin some cases smaller brakes and less to do with the engine and transmission

I have no clue yet, I'm shopping around. I got an offer for a 2001 s80 with the 2.9 i6 for $1000, but I'm looking for a 780 or 960 wagon from 98 or 99.
thanks, will do. It wont be for long trips, just 1 to 2 hours on the highway. I visited denmark last summer and saw lots of people towing stuff with their audi and bmw wagons, got me hooked.

another question, I can only find class 2 hitches for most cars, including the volvos. The trailer I have is a class 3. can I buy one of those $30 adapters and slap it on without worrying about something breaking? I know the tongue weight drops significantly

Tongue weight should be about 50-80 kg (110-170 lbs) regardless of car and trailer. Any more and your car's driving dynamics will suffer due to badly placed load on the rear suspension and any less and you'll have a much higher risk of fishtailing. If the adapter is well made and fits well and it can handle the weight and you load your trailer right, you'll have no issues.

>I can put anything in my SUV!
>as long as it fits in a 4'x4'x6' box
>as long as it's not a couch
>as long as it's not a fridge
>as long as it's not dirty
>as long as it's not leaking
>...

>But I can pull a trailer for that stuff!
Or just buy a truck that does literally everything an SUV does, but better.

or a van

>3 fucking bicycles

you sure showed me! I'll go trade it for some German shitheap right now.

>not having a bike for each discipline

cuck

No, just pointing out that considering that a load of any significant amount is dumb.

S80 with that engine is rated for 1800kg here Europe

780 - I guess you mean late late 80's-1990 as it wasn't produced after that, and is rated for 1600kg

960 - 1600kg

>three whole bicycles

A fucking geo metro or twingo could carry that weight without trouble.

Fact: 95% of pickup truck owners work in construction
Fact: Everyone needs to haul a heavy ass load of fuck all in their truck bed every day
Fact: No one has ever needed to tow anything, but you better make sure your truck can tow a least a small village
Fact: It's definitely not just for looks

>We have more shit to haul. I've seen shitboxes in the US hauling rental trailers bigger than that thing.

Just because people can tow things doesn't mean it was good for the car. But if it is necessary, then temporary abuse of the car is one of the reasons why you bought the car. The car is there to serve you even in non-ideal circumstances. What matters first is road safety and that includes your ability to brake or go around turns without losing control.

Waiting for user to haul his marijuana plants and meth lab gear in the trailer to his new digs. He gets into an accident and the police see that stuff strewn across the road.

Nice sources, friend. FACT: His wife was tight.

>towing
you are actually hauling

No, but for heavy things like that, you need a heavy tow vehicle that won't get dragged around by the load.
My father made that mistake for a while. Little mini-MPV hauling a large caravan. The car didn't last long after that.

Go older.
1300 lb trailer, 1300 lb tractor. It liked it.

I'm a big guy so a truck or SUV is just more comfortable.

If my GF's New Beetle 2.5l auto can tow 2000 lbs, then you'll be fine.

for you

If euro fags had full size trucks they'll be all like,
>Hurdurr who needs an 18 wheeler when you can pull 160 tons of logs with my lil pup.