Figured I would be honest and post my situation for some advice

Figured I would be honest and post my situation for some advice

Used to work $10 hour slave and ended up moving to another state and was hired on for $25 for a great career which I am currently still in. Getting tired of it to be honest, office slave monkey, sit in a chair all day, stair at compute screens, everyone gets angry at my for opening windows/screens in the whole office so I can look outside, Have no idea what to do anymore, heading for a life of 100k + bonuses if I keep it up, but I'm just not excited anymore, the projects, the work, and additional overtime with no additional pay fucking sucks.

tfw. multiple projects go live next week, system wide changes for the next couple of weeks, and all I can think about is wasting time when I'm not working

well, maybe you can try to tickle your boss's asshole a little more? get on better terms with the people there, look at automating your job (if the situation allows it) getting some more training and moving around laterally in your company

now the problem is I don't know what your goals or your desires or your loyalties are, so I can't really tell you what to do

but it's usually never a bad idea to look around for better jobs, even if you're content with your current job.

>maybe you can try to tickle your boss's asshole a little more

That won't work, he doesn't give two shits about me anymore, and lets me work on my own projects without question.

Feels:

>Be me
>20
>Fresh outta university
>Good degree
>Got job for $50,000; car, fuel card, food budget
>Potential easy $150k+ Bonuses in 10 years
>First day
>Other staff "Hey user this jobs easy you'll like it here if you can stand office work!"
>Thinking sweet, this is easy street
>Shows me to my chair
>Literal 2m by 2m cube with dividing screens all around
>Have to stand up to talk to people over screens
>No windows
>No one speaks
>No radio
>Literal silence
>Think ok I can cope, *idea* play my own music on headphones
>Other people begin to complain to upper staff
>"Anons has earphones in, makes it hard to communicate over office work"
>"Anons music is too loud"
>"Anons doing nothing wrong but i just like to complain because im a cocksucker and hate my own life"
>Get pulled into meeting
>"NO MORE MUSIC user"
>Grind another week out
>FUCK THIS SHIT

Not cut out for office work fuck this shit

keep crying babies

is it commission based?

look into outsourcing.

Nope, I'm salaried, no overtime pay but I do get a nice bonus which is pretty cool but the bonus is taxed to hell thanks to our fed gov

In other news, I was offered an opportunity in new york, I might not take it, but it is interesting I do get offers, and there are companies hiring out there for engineers like me. I need to get better and just focus on accepting my fate as a fucking corporate engineer...

I've been getting worried lately btw, I have no actual degree

Grow the fuck up

I know it's not what you want to hear but if it's good money tough it out. It takes money to make money. Look into investing and passive income in your down time. The planning can serve as your light at the end of the tunnel and keep you from burning out.

Use this time to really search yourself and find something you'd enjoy while also making a living with it.

>your down time

My down time is killing me, I don't do shit, I'm trying to learn more and actually advance in the field, but I am sometimes so sad, burned out, and depressed I only want to play video games after work

>burned out, and depressed I only want to play video games after work

did you try getting a gf?

The problem isn't your job, it's you. You're a boring person and you live a boring life. Your not very intellectual, you not appear to have any interests, hobbies, or aspirations. You probably have few friends, and the ones you have are probably just acquaintances you met by lack of momentum.

You're miserable because your life is miserable. But you're too stupid and clueless to realize them problem is yourself, so you play the blame game. "Uggh, my job sucks and that's my I sit on the couch for 8 hours a day playing video games and masturbating."

Fix your life. Or kys. Either way, problem solved.

Thanks man, Honestly I am actually working on it now and have a plan of action moving forward in life. I am just bummed out these past few days, as far as additional hobbies/interests I could be doing I actually have a few of them, care to give some tips on some new interests maybe?

>did you try getting a gf?

I've actually been talking to someone new lately, but when things go sour, I take it to much and just feel like shit, I have a plan and things are going good. I'm complaining, but I am not 100% honest with myself

If you need to be spoon fed new hobbies/interests then you are literally hopeless.

I'll do better, thanks for the motivation

>care to give some tips on some new interests maybe?

Make more money, save most of it create passive income.

bump

I follow the advice that you should have three hobbies.

One to help you stay physically fit
One that helps you relax
One as a financial side hustle

So in my case that's weightlifting, books/vidya, and eBay.

I told myself I would never talk about this or explain it in detail but here it goes

I am tired of the corporate world, I used to be the main engineer, I used to be the go to guy. but I got tired of it stopped focusing on my career. I am still employed by the same company, but I fear greatness. When you are legit the main guy, everything falls on you and you are in control of the projects, managing people, and systems, The problem i face is i am tired of making billions for our company while there is no talk of a senior role or raises for the next 6 months, I have noticed the way other engineers act around me, and they either get jealous/envious when I am working on something so they come around and want to hang around the water cooler, where I do my business etc..

Another thing, I usually get the first picks on projects, and large work with systems and upper management stuff. For a while now, I have been passing the work around and giving it to other engineers because my work is already too much and intensive, that I don't want nor need to take on additional work as I am already a fucking god. The office environment is a weird one and I have noticed when other engineers get "work assigned to them" they act happy and excited to work on something, as if they were the first pick. lol top fucking kek, I let them take it over as I have already worked more than the rest of them and they are blind to the truth, I do not want the additional work load and do not need it.
tldr. I am a former god at the office. People remember me and know I am the go to guy and they understand when you want something done, hit up that engineer etc....

Fuck them, I am so tired of working long hours for 60k a year

They find, a system issue and they report it to the whole company as if it is a big deal, they don't even know I found out about it an hour before they did and I didn't report it because i didn't need the additional work, hours, or headache, so i just tell the other engineers, hey good job on that one thing etc...

>Tfw hired on as a green engineer that knows basically nothing about industry practices for 60k a year

>Please explain
>Do you think I should have stuck with taking every project, and every assignment given to me only to be paid 60k?
>I am already the main guy around the office, why waste time if I don't need every assignment they have to give out?

You basically wisened up. So did I after doing a shitload of work and getting a pat on the back in return

That's so fucking sad I'd literally rather be homeless. Do you lack self worth? Are you this un important?