What are the most cost effective mods for increasing power?

what are the most cost effective mods for increasing power?

LS swap

Buying car with more engine... I guess it is the easiest

Losing weight you fatfuck

Having to take a shit.

Take the Bus, they have around 300 horsepower

Riding on daddies shoulders

>not a coyote swap
Why even try

Chopping your exhaust and scrapping the cat.

Displacement. It's why manufacturers go to it first unless regulations prohibit it somehow.

>Autism has spoken

Nitrous hands down.

I'm not including Nitrous because it isn't a permanent enhancement. But it's a good option for people who want to go fast just once in a while.

>1. Intake
Many stock intakes are restrictive and opening it up, especially on NA engines can increase throttle response and even make power. Plus induction noise is awesome.
>2. Exhaust
Many stock exhausts are also restrictive because they want to limit sound. A more freely flowing exhaust may net you some nice gains and give you a better sound.
>3. Adding a turbo or higher tech boost controller
Adding a turbo and even running low boost will net you big gains. Upping the boost on an already turbo car can be cheap and simple and provide nice gains.
>4. Getting a tune for an already modified car
If you've slapped some parts in, you haven't gotten everything out of them unless you get a professional tune. Sometimes just advancing your timing can net you some power increases.
>5. Aftermarket camshafts
Stock camshafts often put the focus on stop and go driveability. Aftermarket camshafts will give you a rougher idle and very low end, but will give some great gains in the rpm you actually use when going fast.

This is only a basic list, each car is different so the best mod for you car will be different. These are just the top 5 for Performance/Price.
A suggestion that I can also make is a lightweight flywheel. It won't net you more power but it will increase your acceleration and throttle response a great deal. Aftermarket lightweight pulleys can sometimes be a good option as well, but there can be some balancing issues with them so be careful.

Shit, I completely missed the absolute best thing you can do to a car.

>REMOVE WEIGHT
It increases your power to weight ratio giving you better everything, and with less weight to have to change direction, your tires and suspension will thank you around corners.
Removing weight is often free and the best way to make your car faster in every way. Just be careful what you cut out.

Unless he sucked someone's dick, then that doesn't look entirety possible

Sure if you are willing to pay another $3000 to have it swapped into your car.
Because I know you're going to say "hur dur just do it yourself", if you consider the hours I would spend completing the swap and getting/producing the parts needed, it would actually be MUCH cheaper for me to pay a show to do it.
There's no way I could do it in under 100 hours, and that would be impressive. If I make $30/hr at my job then the opportunity cost is $2600 not including my frustration.

he fucked the coyote and now it's scared of him obviously

You misinterpretd my post, MrCummy is a stupid furfaggot

I missed the fact that the image was one of his posts.
Don't worry, I think he's a degenerate that should have slid off the cliff when he had the chance.

mah nigga, I only came to this thread to post that but you beat me to the punch. Removing weight works and is free. Ditch the spare tire, remove the back seats, remove all excessive trash, remove the carpets and you might save....300 lbs? Means a lot to a 2800 lb shitbox

shut the fuck up..

too many people think this is a legitimate way to make your car, in /tv/ terms, kino.

truth is, you totally fucking destroy any charccter of the car.

>guy i bought bmw m3 e46 from said to replace s54 engine with corvette