What do you use to buy/trade stocks and why does it work best for you?

What do you use to buy/trade stocks and why does it work best for you?

bump

robinhood

i'm poor btw

Options house platform mainly because trades cost 5$ To exacute

what range does the cost of trades run from platform to platform?

any advice?

what is the best platform?

Robingood, poor.

td ameritrade (canada btw) i use it because my normal bank acct is with TD, and it just makes everything easier

Canadafag.

I don't day trade so TD's Direct Investing is fine, the $9.99 commission per trade sucks, but it stops me from making frequent and poorly researched purchases.

if you want to trade often and avoid fees, Robinhood is the best choice for a USA resident. All Robinhood needs of you is to do your own research and do your trading only from your smart phone.

Other choices range from restrictions (and perks) like minimum account size, to medium cost on trading (or certain number of trades per year for free), but most discount brokerages range 4.95 to 13.95 per trade.

My credit union's brokage, which is some sort of partner of Fidelity so commissions are reasonable and it's convenient for me to move funds around. It has a few nice features, some stock analysis for free and can also trade on my phone.

If I didn't already have my portfolio with them I might use Robinhood to do more swing trading.

do they have a level 2? and can you short stocks?

>Robinhood is the best choice
Oh god, this board.
Nice bait, though.

I use TD. Think or swim is worth the $9.99

so it's worth it yet you don't use it?

what is the best choice?

Think or swim is through TD ameritrade. I use TD ameritrade as my broker and Think or Swim as my trading platform. It has access to all of the products TD offers to trade, like securities, but also futures, options, and forex. Plus it has access to the STL Fed now too.

If you get dual monitors, Think or Swim is basically a poor mans Bloomberg terminal...

interesting that TD kept it as a separate entity of sorts instead of integrating with their own platform

>What do you use to buy/trade stocks
Depends on whether you're investing, or trading.

It's technically a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade, but it does have a somewhat independent identity. I don't know how new you are to investing but you can use fake money with ToS if you want to see what it's like. It's very robust

you rule out Robinhood before asking that question

Trading forex

I asked you.

>if you want to trade often and avoid fees, Robinhood is the best choice
The other poster already stated a choice.

I use Scotttrade. I'm very happy with it, except for the commissions.

It's $7 a trade, which I think is a little exccessive.