What's the best sort of phone cradle and where is the best place to position it (for GPS)

What's the best sort of phone cradle and where is the best place to position it (for GPS)

or should I just get a dedicated gps?

do you prefer a window suction one or one that clips into the aircon vent

also if you get a suction cup one. does the sun and cold eventually fuck it up

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z9ZXZQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UXS7958/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1496818109&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=iottie easy one touch&dpPl=1&dpID=41kmtwudqdL&ref=plSrch
amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY91ING/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ebay.com/itm/Ugreen-Mobile-Phone-Holder-Air-Vent-Car-Mount-Stand-Holder-For-iPhone-Samsung-LG-/162348029581?hash=item25ccb2568d:g:CsYAAOSwiDFYQj~2
amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M321903/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Universal Magnetic Car Mount.

I've switched it out from old car to new, and it's easy to get the adhesive off. Bonus is that since it's magnets, you don't need an ugly plastic part that only fits certain phone models, and you can use it with whatever (GPS if you want). I peeled off the ugly logos on the magents themselves and it looks much better.

if you put the magnet under the case does it end up falling off easily?

Should I just suck it up and stick the magnet on the back of the phone case

If I pull the phone off, will it die?

This. I got one that fits into my cd tray (since I don't even own CDs). I put the metal thing on my case and it works perfectly. Sometimes I even toss my phone to the magnet and the magnet catches the phone.

I've got one of these. doesn't feel like the magnet under my case is that strong. it falls off the mount pretty easily I find.

do I need a stronger mount magnet or a should the magnet under the case be stronger?

know of anywhere where I can get a real strong one that can stick very firmly through cases

Depends on the thickness of the case.It definitely wasn't as strong, but it held OK. I just mounted it to my case eventually.

It really should be on the outside of the case, magnets work best with direct contact. If you wanted to try, I would just pull up the amazon listing for this and then search for stronger magnets on Amazon, maybe try ULine.

If you want to be uber stylish, buy a burner case that sits permanently on the Car Mount and just switch out your phone. I can't be bothered/too lazy to do that.

these are great in theory, but every single one I've gotten has been a huge piece of shit
is there a particular one you recommend?

NoChoice's Universal Magnetic Car Mount Magnetic Car Phone Holder

>amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z9ZXZQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it in Red and peeled off all the shitty "SINCE 2015" stickers. If you follow Mount directions, which are super easy, this thing is strong as fuck.

I have this
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UXS7958/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1496818109&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=iottie easy one touch&dpPl=1&dpID=41kmtwudqdL&ref=plSrch

Its ultra easy to mount and remove, plus it charges

I have one that fits into the CD slot. It's also magnetic. I haven't had any problems with the magnet, although I am using a different piece of metal inside my case other than the piece it came with

That was actually my second choice behind Decided it was too ugly. Tired of cheap plastic on the interior. Looks like a robot arm that might snatch your phone away when you go to grab it.

Yeah convenient and practical vs aesthetic

Mine is hanging smack in the middle of my windshield, and yet it doesn't hinder my view at all.
Would like to get magnet holder, though, but they all seems to be shit.

any worries about damage to phone from the magnet?

I had this one for quite a while, but for my particular dash I would find it on the ground after sitting in the heat too long. Charger was good, but was not compatible with my Note 7 and my current LG V20 doesn't have wireless charging. My phone usage takes more power than that charging can keep up with anyway.

Switched from that on the dash to this on my windshield.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY91ING/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>much cheaper
>sturdier
>no rubber bits to fall off over time from all the heat
>grips my phone better
>has very little play in comparison to the old one
>better aesthetics, doesn't look as cheap as it is
>heat hasn't affected it at all

I'm a firm believer in my Kenu Airframe+. Easy in, easy out for the phone and it's sturdy. It's just that the usefulness of it depends on how the vents in your car are designed. Mine are okay for it, so I'll be sticking with it.

I use my phone for navigation, torque, music and hands-free calling. The 8" touch screen in the dash is only for connecting sound via Bluetooth, I wish my suction cup would right on the useless screen. I might just get an Android headunit that does the same.

Do I get windshield sucker phone holder or the one that mounts on air vents?

Thinking of buying this
ebay.com/itm/Ugreen-Mobile-Phone-Holder-Air-Vent-Car-Mount-Stand-Holder-For-iPhone-Samsung-LG-/162348029581?hash=item25ccb2568d:g:CsYAAOSwiDFYQj~2
But I'm not sure whether its good and is better than that on windshield.

i dont use my phone when driving

I use this too. Great mount. On my LS400 the bottom of the phone gets supported by the HVAC controls curving out so there's very little pressure on the plastic vents.

Aircon vent holder a best
>doesn't block your fov
>more stable
>succion cups tend to harden and wear out fast with heat, cold, sun etc
>looks better
>a regular smartphone or reasonably sized GPS doesn't block your aircon vent

I use the Ram X-Grip. I stick it on my windshield and it holds my phone very securely. The only downside is that you need two hands to operate it, so you can't put your phone in or take it out while you're driving.

This costs twenty two fucking bongbucks
While I appreciate the idea, there has to be a cheaper option that isn't maximum chinese spec

>Keep smiling
You can't make me.

I'm sure there is but I'm too lazy to search ebay or aliexpress for it. The airframe is one of the top Amazon results, good enough for me.

I use this and it's okay for $7 that you can get it on amazon prime. if you have a heavier phone or one with a thick case chances are it will unscrew itself eventually. Can fix it with some lock tite or glue on the back screw.

My vents are vertical and at like a 70 deg angle thanks to ford and I don't really want one on my dash since I already have the accessport up there. I would like one that holds it from the side because sometimes I'll hit a bump or turn and the phone just falls or it'll spin

>This costs twenty two fucking bongbucks
How cheap are you?

Apologies Mr Rockefeller, but I'm not spending $30 on a plastic phone holder

It's actually really nice to see something written like that.

I use this: amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M321903/
Easy to attach the phone with one hand, and it pivots so it's better than the ones that just sit right on the vent. Also doesn't have that sticky metal pad shit.

If you use a suction cup on your windscreen it'll leave marks and a crackhead/nigger will break into your car looking for shiny valuables

>The only downside is that you need two hands to operate it, so you can't put your phone in or take it out while you're driving
Two things you absolutely shouldn't be doing while driving you fucking degenerate

I have on of those you put in the air vents, brand is Anker. It was cheap and works fine.

bump. pls help

see

Any idea on how to remove lettering left on the glass from a suction cup?

don't use a suction cup.

Little late for that

white spirit.
glaze it over the residue, leave it for >10 seconds, wipe it off

you're welcome

Thanks m8

love u x

XOXO