ITT: We talk about our biggest splurges to make everyday life livable

ITT: We talk about our biggest splurges to make everyday life livable

>weed for vaping
>Diet monster zero (sips)
>meat, cheese, vegetable for diet
>occasional meal out
>audiobooks to listen to while doing chores or working
>going to get my suits tailored soon

what do you all like to spend your hard earned money on?

I spend it on making more money generally.

But otherwise I spend it on experiences rather than materialism.

>steakhouse daily
>red lobster every weekend
>5th of jack every 3 days
>4 weeks on a tropical beach per year
>pay other people to do all my work every day
>sleep til 3 pm daily
>exotic saltwater fish in my office
>office in my house
>free cars and trucks to drive
>fairly expensive jewelry for the wife
>pokemon cards and games for the kid
>snowboard with all the newest equipment at all the best resorts

other than that I don't splurge. I dress in Walmart fashions and mostly do stuff that doesn't cost anything.

t. roleplaying bitcoin billionaire

Alcohol.

I cringe to think what the last 20 years have cost me. Easy 50k.

>bitcoin
kek

>I spend it on making more money generally
could you be more specific?

>beer, wine, cocktails (at home so it's cheaper but just as good if not better)
>nice button down casual shirts, I counted today I have nine comfy flannel shirts
>I used to splurge on inks for my fountain pen
>Sometimes I will make a steak for myself at home, costs about $9 or $10. Less than once a week though.

All of these things are pretty cheap and I don't spend much money in general. I save as much as possible generally. I would save a lot more if I cut out the drinking.

Once I get more money (not that I can't afford mostly everything I want now) I'm going to invest in some really nice clothes. Like, a couple of suits, a shearling coat, nice dress shoes, boots, loafers, ect.

Suits. what's awful is I'm surrounded by people in great suits. I see a colour/style I like and the very next weekend I'll have it too.

Always need the latest iphone (yes, yes I know).

I also spend far too much on hardback history books.

I buy a lot of food, I'm morbidly obese and need 4k calories to be full, usually fast food 2x per day plus candy and soda

>could you be more specific?

I invest my money.

>red lobster every weekend
>fairly expensive jewelry
>exotic saltwater fish in my office
Lol.
I bet the other people in Topeka are straight jelly.

oh don't get all hoity toity on me! Topeka is much finer folk than my town!

I live in a place so poor that I'm one of 2 people in the entire city with a marine aquarium. The other owns the largest construction company in town. I actually have to drive 30 miles to get my red lobster, my town can't support a fucking cut-rate seafood restaurant. Used to have a Bubba Gumps nearby but it went out of business for lack of paying customers. My neighbors make less money per year than my girl wears on her body most days.

Saw a schoolmate the other day kicking a can down the road. Asked her what she was doin and she said, "Movin."

Town so poor we can't afford a KFC, we drive 60 miles to lick other people's fingers. People leave my town and move to Topeka to make more money.

Vacations to the Canary Islands
Beers
Weed (for smoking in spliffs)
Cigarettes
The occasional impulse-purchase on STEAM

i blow shit on ties suits and shirts just because i fucking love it and i need to wear a suit and tie everyday anyway

On a semi related note, I want to work in the Cannabis industry. I have a dual business and STEM degree from a really good school, and have had two good internships with a big name technology startup. This being said, I'm afraid to dive in because of what my family, friends, and mentor will think. This fascinates me so much and I couldn't think of anything I would rather do. I'm torn biz, any advice?

nice I plan on doing the same thing

no one cares idiot. move out of your shit tier town

1. you can get into the business with a business name or even better a corporation obscuring your identity.
2. the opportunities in the legal mj biz are all bought up years before the stuff even becomes legal. All those businesses need permits, which are already given and usually worth millions.

>move out of your shit tier town
I own property in your state too. I could live where you do if I wanted to.

>go to the same suit store all the time
>the guy who works there recommends a grey suit
>I ask why
>he says I already have several black and navy suits, so it's time for a grey one

Gave him a tip. That's a great memory and service.

do what you want especially if you think it'll be worth it

no i don't want to open my own dispensary, I want to work for one or do consulting for my STEM concentration within the industry

do it, no one cares about just weed
it will blow up if it gets legalized

most of the companies that will be doing business already exist as medical providers. So if you want in you can already get in. They're small businesses that hire friends and relatives though from what I've seen in CO. High paying jobs will likely have to wait for industrial production by the next Walmart of weed.

Which could be decades- the small time operations are making millions.

Strippers, alcohol and collectable film props.

I don't really like to splurge. I guess my ball-point pen qualifies as splurging since it cost 150 bucks. It just feels really nice and heavy and it helps improve my horrible hand-writing.

well good news, kid. you dont need any of that to work in the cannabis industry. just general knowledge of the law and weed production/growing itself.
take it from a big hitter in norcal

kek. its a little more awkward with me. i usually hunt in expensive places for cheap offers or when they have sale. they always give me weird stares like "oh its this cheap ass again who only comes when we have sale" but i give zero shits

the idea of a sale is to move product, usually older or out of season. doing them a favor

>pot
>booze/other stuff occasionally, mostly to socialize
>better food
>concerts/music fests
>other business ventures

>Occasional nice dinners out
>Pay a little more in rent so I can walk 10 min to work
>Buying a book case today so my shit isn't all over the floor anymore

>>red lobster every weekend
th of jack every 3 days

Living large there buddy

>my STEM concentration

STEM is not a concentration you fucking nitwit

it pisses me off that "alcohol" is so associated with "living large"…that meme needs to end

Buying books when libgen.io exists.
Suits are always worth the fucking money as long as you don't need them to feel complete.

Can't stand iPhones. Note 4 with satphone attachment is the best business phone evermade.

Weed/more wax lately 8th/1g / week
Red bull
Homosexually sweet coffees from Starbucks, lately the smoked butterscotch latte thing
Take out

>Red bull
can confirm that shit robs you blind

>Homosexually sweet coffees from Starbucks

KEK

the only thing sweeter than homo drinks at starbucks is……red bull

Good alcohol can get pretty expensive. I could buy a 30 of coors lite but I don't feel like drinking piss water, so I splurge every few weeks and get something much nicer.

it just reminds me too much of "old money" like the great fucking gatsby or some shit

Do you work out? From personal experience along with observations if you're a big guy and fill out clothing you'll look pretty good in general as long as it's not dirty or torn apart. A cheaper tailored suit can still be of good value for you

>€100, 60min body to body erotic massage, every saturday afternoon
>Tailored suits

That's it for me really. No smoke/alcohol/drugs. No eating out.

Facts

Although I've been buying 4 packs at Duane reade for $6 each/1.50ish each
rolling savings into fag coffee

I impulse buy business shirts and nice furniture

That's it

I'm an insurance broker in London and I have absolutely no life outside of work

>suits
>suits
>suits

lel, try hards

>coffee out with friends
>vidya during Steam sales - no single game over 10bux, no going over 50 after tax per sale
>nice cheese and decent crackers
>the odd thing that I want for me when I perform my side-hustle of flipping thrift shop items. Usually home decor and I swap decorations out seasonally.

>snus or snuff as you amerifags call it
>gas
>vacations

Arsenal tickets (every home game)
Blu-Ray Steelbooks
Lego Architecture Sets

Apart from that I try and save as much as possible.

Topeka isnt that bad user. Definitely one of the worser capitals out there, but its not as bad as a city like detroit.
If you want a bad kansas town, emporia is probably the worst. Just big enough to have a decent population, but just small enough to where theres nothing to fucking do.

well i like to eat some good prime steak every so often, but steakhouse shit is not gonna do it so i sear it myself.

i go to shoot some guns sometimes because i enjoy it.

that's all my luxury indulgences.

Long Cream Donuts baby, all day every day

I never sad it was bad.
It just strikes me as the type of place where having fish in your office and dining at Red Lobster every weekend are seen as the hallmarks of success.

Degrees dont really matter in the industry its experience with cannabis that is king, Start learning as much as you can. Maybe even start a grow in a closet to learn the basics.

I hope one day I meet you, Im starting up a distribution company and need growers of course

>alcohol
>bar tabs for thirsty bitches
>coffee and breakfast sandwich at Starbucks every work day
>eating out too often
>hooker about once a month for $150-200 for a half hour

I could save a lot more money if I wasn't to predisposed to making bad choices.

You sound like me, except I own 40+ button down shirts. I have a bad habit of going into sales whenever I'm travelling with work and buying 4/5 at a time.

Why don't you get a season ticket retard?

these guys know

its a science degree you fucking idiot

treat yourself guys

>he will never know the joy of wearing a suit to his good job

Just fuckin do it.

Why do people even think about this shit? "My mommy and daddy and fwiends might not wike me working wiff da Debbul's Owegano" why do you give a fuck?

if you're that much of a fag you deserve to fail and be miserable.

dank salesman too

>>uber eats because I need burritos all the time
>>creatine and protein powder
>>coffee because I'm trying to get off yerba matte
>>yerba matte, just recently ended this addiction
>>whole foods jelly beans and candy
>>taking my girlfriend out every sunday
>>ubering her home every monday morning

I have sold all my weed and stopped drinking alcohol, I suggest you lads do the same, these are expensive and degenerate hobbies.

>fountain pen splurging
There's nothing more orgasmic than those first crisp letters after getting a new high-end ink

>buying monkey suits

Been working at a credit union for almost 7 years now making $90k. Never owned a suit. I just wear khakis and a collared shirt or sweater

>weed is a waste
I freely acknowledge this, but I'm having the hardest time ever stopping smoking. My roommate has weed whenever I don't, so even when I stopped buying I still felt and followed through on the compulsion to smoke with him.

It sounds retarded as fuck, but I have a real problem with weed and can't stop myself... Been about a year since I started smoking regularly, terrified it will harm me mentally as I'm in my early 20's...

Sorry for the blog post, desperate for advice from people who might've been in similar holes

Alcohol!

I made some of my best trades while black-out drunk. I left my portfolio for a week, came back, turned out I made a limit order on ATW and RIG the afternoon I was day drinking and it had went up 8%.

True story. I can't honestly recommend you do the same though.

>Not having a toilet with a heated seat, and heated bidet.

Imagine waking up naked, walking into your cold bathroom and sitting on a warm toilet while you read the news on your phone.