You are now aware of what the best car in existence is

You are now aware of what the best car in existence is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MDTcXGsjuo
youtu.be/3MDTcXGsjuo
youtube.com/watch?v=u7nZ6oVcDX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's one ugly fucking ugly attempt at an F40 update.

Ferrari wanted to try and recreate that success and like a Video Game Sequel which may have updated graphics and newer features the formula itself didn't transition too well into a later time.

Summer sucks

probably some honda subcompact that you can beat the shit out of for 100,000k as still see some return in resale.

wtf. the car is sex on legs

It's a nice machine, but I prefer the F40-styling.

>Fuel consumption
>Combined 8 miles per U.S. gallon (29 L/100 km; 9.6 mpg‑imp

wew, guess it uses extra fuel to cool the pistons or something

I've been aware of it for a while now actually.

>That's one ugly fucking ugly attempt at an F40 update

You know what's weird I'm with you on not really liking the F50's looks, but, for some reason I love the shit out of the GT Version.

I don't know the F50 is just one of those cars that looks completely and utterly better as a race car.

F40 > Enzo > F50 tbhfam

Yeah i agree with you there

I hate them in road form

AHEM

I asked this on Veeky Forums awhile ago, forgot to check the replies and can't find the old thread so I'll ask here:

What was so special about the F50? A lot of posters were unironically saying it was up there with the CLK GTR and F1 but I never heard of such shit from anyone else, it's always shit on for being lesser than a F40 by pretentious car owners.

You guys really need to start double checking your files before you post, you keep posting the wrong image.

The F50 is just not fit for the road. This car is the reason why a track car on the road is not a good idea, at least in jeremy clarkson's opinion. Some people like since its a road legal track monster.

600 hp, 600 torques. Pure British muscle.

>slower than a force-fed mid 80s 911

Ferrari is dog shit lmao

and it's already starting to catch fire..

>British

Do they just ship it straight from the dealer to the mechanic? Or does the buyer have to arrange a trailer?

does it come with a prayer mat?

That's not a Honda civic

why do F40fags always shit on the F50 whenever it's mentioned?

the low-poly wedgebox with a rear-end designed by a 3-year-old in his first approach to MS Paint does not look better than a F50

Was England as cucked in 1999 as it is now? I know the Vantage Le Mans was basically made as a last hurrah for Aston Martin since the government decided to ban (((regulate))) good cars. There will never be another as good.

because of this
youtube.com/watch?v=3MDTcXGsjuo

it still looks and sounds worse than an F50

The F50 is much more "special" than the F40 because it has an engine not found in other Ferrari street cars and the construction with the engine as a stressed member was completely off the wall and unlike anything before or after it street car wise.

The F50 is much better than the F40 in nearly every metric. People will continually regurgitate the same handful of car reviews saying the F40 is somehow superior because it's faster in some metrics (as if anyone cares how fast they are anymore, they are slower than $50k Camaros).

Well put

I'm near positive nobody on Veeky Forums has had a go in one of these, let alone both, but the journalists who have always come back to the F40. I think Ferrari made a fantastic car in the F40 and then thought "nice, we'll just make an updated version that's every bit better than the old one" and the finished product is fantastic no doubt, but in a different way

F40 was the bloodline evolution of the 288 GTO, a car that drivers and racers loved. F40 is a car that drivers and racers loved. F50 was a car that racers loved... seems to me they forgot about the whole "road car" drivers feel

I have driven neither of these and I get my information from watching online videos, some while actually driving myself. It's just efficient

chris harris>u

After reading this thread I went and rewatched that vid, it's great

For the normies, hello normies!
youtu.be/3MDTcXGsjuo

Nice 432R, or is it a 432 painted to look like the R?

It might do that, but it's going to look fantastic while it goes up in flames.

Thanks guys for the response, learned some shit today.

So the engine was bolted up to the chassis as a core component like a DFV would in a Lotus 49?

>tfw the famous Z has a cd of.38-.42

>tfw areo is not how one thinks it be

>He doesn't understand the basic of aerodynamics
>Thinks its a simple as looking at a NASA image.
M8, I've actually do rocket science for a living. Also you can look it up/

>I've actually do rocket science

Cd does not equal total drag value. That ignores frontal area _size_.

I am talking the whole car my dude.

Try to find a single article written by someone who drove both where they say they'd rather drive the F50 than the F40.

Just saying that Cd is one value of 5 needed to calculate drag.

Cd frontal doesn't give the whole picture and I know this but its a key component to figuring out how much drag is on the vehicle itself.

Have some autism that was done in 2007.

How to “read” the data being provided… A little explanation of the fields…
C coefficient (of)
D drag
F front
L lift
M moment
R rear
C LF front lift neg # = lift, pos# = down force on front end
C LR rear lift neg # = lift, pos # = down force on rear end
Y M yawl moment pos # = right side down, neg # = left side down
Q down pressure on entire car measured near center of roof
C PM pitch moment pitch of car front to back neg # = front is down pos
# = rear down
C S side force neg # = left side drag pos # = right side drag
C RM = roll moment (Not as applicable to our cars)
Drag HP horse power needed to overcome drag
Drag lb coefficient of drag expressed in lbs for both front and rear

>twin fucking superchargers

weow

The F50 engine is bullshit, they lied about the output and had all kinds of problems with reliability (Moreso than usual for ferraris) not to mention that fucked up powerband.

Chris Harris and Best Motoring both said the F50 was the better drive.

>Stanceworks Ferrari

I know OP is just trolling people because the F40 is supposedly superior but lets not forget that Ferrari is a meme manufacturer which is only one step above LameBoreMeme's.
They are basically a European Hennessey.

i don't like it at all desu

Jeremy Clarkson shit on the F50 so hard it was developed into the collective conscious of all car enthusiasts across the world

>Ferrari
>Meme

Fuck you.

then why does it like the f355?

youtube.com/watch?v=u7nZ6oVcDX4

>closest supercar to a "hypercar"
>it's their everyday most-produced model

I agree, Ferrari is doing just fine

He owned one so either potentially shilling, or more likely personal prefrence.

I like the oaf, but people put too much stock into what he says like he's the end all in automotive opinions, but that's thing it's all he's doing giving opinions.

>not any faster than the F40 it replaced
>never actually raced in a motorsport competition
>looks are polarizing at best

How is this the best at anything?

All 3 of those drivers look like massive homos

they are fake

He even bought one.

this is the only correct answer

>F40
Ask every Ferrari mechanic around and they'll tell you that the F50 is a better car.

I'll take the worse car to have it not look like an f50

>reading comprehension