>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums
>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

webms with sounds:
Previously on deebeetee

Any reason not to ride a smaller bike on serious trails?
Like a KX100?
Im tired of my monster heavy bike off road.

Anyone do this?

First for shiny new saddlebags on CM250C best baiku

I said last time you posted this that i would if i could find one.
kx100 would be epic fun in single trails.

>250 cruiser

I agree. Debating between the kx100 and the XR100.
Obvious power differences, but the XR is so common and reliable. Plus no mixing.

Both are about $1000 on my area.

Don't you dare talk down to baiku. She is 233cc of raw fury.

Thoughts on a 2001 GPX 250?
I'm going to look at one on the weekend, price is $1700 AUD with registration. It looks to be in great condition and has 35,000km on it. Any specific things to look out for?

kx100 or a crf150r if you want to spend moolah, xr100 is too gutless to go up hills.
i have a drz125 and its alright for just cruising around but it just can't do hills it does not have the power.

So other than shit talking folks who shit talk 250 baiku, I broke 1000 miles on public roads without becoming dedz today! Also picked up the saddle bags shining brightly above, going to do about 500 miles this weekend to go count snakes in Middle-of-fucking-nowhere MN. Should be able to get all my gear into the saddlebags and tank bag so I can run with no backpack. Will do an oil change tomorrow. Other than sleeping well the night before and taking breaks every hour, any suggestions for first long-ish trip?

Take a shit before you leave.
nothing worse than really needing a shit and being hours away from a toilet.

>Daily baiku to work in rush hour traffic
How am I not dead yet

my knees get sore if I ride sitting down for too long, I think it's because they lock my ankles up so well from rotating that it puts extra stress on my knee. Take regular breaks, even if you think you're all good, ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure, etc.

Yeah i figured as much.
The crf150r is too unreliable however.
Guess ill have to 2-smoke it

I'm currently looking for a KX100 to replace my KX250, because I'll have more fun on it and my GF will be able to ride it.

Yes, but put a 10 or 12 ounce flywheel in it.

If you aren't a manlet, just get a real bike 125 or 250.

I currently have a 450.
Just tired of the weight and size

Aye. Planning on tomorrow being the first day since I got her that I don't take baiku out, let my knee heal up a bit before I head out Friday. Bonked it pretty bad (came down on a straight leg while clutch-starting her), been on max-daily doses of Tylenol ever since. Already have pit stops planned right about every hour.

Then get a 125 or 250. They are much lighter and the 125's wheelbase is a bit shorter.

>weight and size

have you thought about a trials bike?

serious

Too tall
Yes but i wanna be able to sit down.

wont your knees be up around your ears on a kx100? never really sat on one since i was a wee kid so not sure

>Too tall
lrn2ride, manlet

I ride a 450 already.
Nah.

well shit, now I want a kids dirt bike as well.

It seems fun being able to runn down a single track and dodge obstacles with a flick and duck under trees

>tfw baiku takes a long time to start after stalling and almost run out of battery trying to keep starting it out while trying to learn maneuvers
I dunno bros. Kickstart and button.

Once it got going it went fine the rest of the way home, got to 140KM/H on the highway so it definitely runs good, but it's really discouraging going too far when any random stall could mean out of commission if I use up the battery kickstarting it and then trying the button every once in a while.

the reason I got a 450 trail bike road registered instead of getting a big road bike was basically that I liked being able to manhandle the thing around. if it tips over I can actually just put my foot out and hold it up (unless I put said foot into a surprisingly deep mud puddle, new clutch lever pls) If it craps out for any reason I can actually move it by myself. So going even further in that direction would be a hoot. sounds like a trials bike with a seat for real

To be honest i wouldnt be replacing a 450 with a kx100 lol, too many things you can't do on a kx100 like ride for more than 50km without fueling up again.
kx100 would be a fun fuck around bike and thats about it and no your girlfriend will not like riding it, thats what things like the klx140 are for.

Idk man
Seems like a blast.
I once rode my 125 2smoke for 150 miles and only carried 1gal extra of fuel.
Doubt ill be doing trips like that anymore anyway.

Thoughts on the 2017 cbr 500r

>thats what things like the klx140 are for.
Maybe if your bitch is a bitch.
Assuming you were saying that about me since I mentioned it, my GF already has a street bike, just need something she can touch the ground on for dirt.

Get a KTM Freeride or a Beta Xtrainer.

>taking a break every hour
Who the fuck does this?

>she needs to flat foot both feet
>not a bitch
What ever floats your boat man, i just know i wouldnt want it as my only dirt bike.
would love to have one for a fuck around bike for sure though, mad fun.

Good for a 500

Dont get a little city bike new though, you will get bored in a year and want to upgrade, let some other sucker take the depreciation hit.

>any suggestions for first long-ish trip?
Ride the tank out if you can, if not push for at least 90 minutes to make any kind of time, unless you're just riding for the hell of it.
Wear compression shorts, boxers bunch up and become uncomfortable.
Bring a water bottle and a power bar.
Again if you have a destination to reach, listen to music.

Found one used only has ~700 miles on it for like a grand off and I honestly think I'll want it for about 5 years, this is my third bike and if I got it I'd have two at the same time

I want her to be able to flat foot both feet so that she is more comfortable learning dirt and doesn't give up on it the first time she fall off on the wrong side of a hill.

You will be fine, dont overthink it. What bike? The cm250?

Ive done 14 hour days on an fz09, that on a cruiser will be ezpz.

>third bike

Why tf are you looking at 500s then?

I weigh 140 and doubt I can physically deal with a much bigger bike

140 pounds of what?
limp wristed numale trash?
do you not have an ounce of muscle on your body or something?

Riding the tank out wouldn't be a good option (get about 60 to the gallon at 55, so over three hours to a tank). Will re-plan to push it out to at least ninety minutes. It is only about 4 hours each way, so every hour does seem excessive. I know there have been nights when I've been mounted longer than an hour at a time just cruising around the cities.

Aye, CM250C. She is a much more upright stance than a typical cruiser (almost a UJM with a cruiser seat and handlebars), but my ankles have gotten used to it over the last few weeks.

Basically

go do like some sit ups push ups and pull ups or something you lazy trash.

Theres lots of girls out there who weigh that or less yet ride real bikes. Does your penis somehow fall off when you get too skinny? What are you afraid of? The bike will magically do a 360 and land on top of you?

Are you fucking kidding me?

I weigh only 108lbs and I ride a 600cc. I've never owned a bike I could flat foot either.

Nut up or start HRT like the nu-male sissy trap cuck you are.

>108lb
>48kg
gril?
or midget?

On a four hour trip I would aim to stop once for a couple McDoubles and a Redbull.

this happens to me too, although just standing up on the pegs every so often is usually enough to nip it in the bud

this sounds about right, maybe a little more for photos or summat

Hobbit. I'm only 5'4"

>not choosing objectively superior McChickens, the best protein for the money in all the fast food universe

>mcblended chook ribs
no thanks.
If i want a chicken burger im going to Nandos.

>Implying he is eating the McChicken

>Tired of the weight and size.

I really don't understand this shit. It took me about a year to get used to my XR650L, but once I did the weight and size don't bother me much at all.

And I'm only 5'10" 150lbs.

The battery on my CB750C died the other day and I managed to bump start it the first try, on the smallest incline of a driveway.

I was honestly surprised how easy it was.

You guys are fucking dweebs.

I rode the shit out of my KX125.... When I was about 14 years old.

I just wont own something under 450cc now. There's not even a point if you're an experienced rider. I might actually pick up a CR500 or something.

Was doing 35-40 mph splitting lanes between the carpool and the fast lane in a California traffic on my cruiser when some faggot on sports bike over takes me and starts pointing for me to stay on the carpool lane as he then proceeds to speed up around 50-60 mph almost getting hit by an SUV illegally exiting the carpool lane.

Why are sports bike riders in a rush to donate organs?

Wait till youre old and have major health problems like i do.
Heavy bikes arent fun anymore
Feel like a man?

>Wait till youre old and have major health problems like i do.

I actually plan on killing myself at either 30 or 40. I've got a couple serious suicide review sessions planned to make sure I'm not a decrepit piece of shit.

I dont blame you. People shouldnt live past 30. Its hell and only gets worse

Ride more, bitch less.

30 is coming up in 5 years, we'll see how bad my existential crises and general pain of existence is. By 40 I should be able to afford a plane that I can just fly out over the sea until I run out of fuel though, so we'll see if I can make it that far.

Godspeed user

Depends what you are doing really.
450 is nice for in the bush, you never even have to rev them you can just cruise along at your own pace having a nice time if thats what you want to do or you can give them some juice and go along like a cat that sat in a puddle of battery acid.
125's on the other hand you have two options, go as fast as is humanly possible or do not go anywhere at all.

This is why i ride a 300 and not a 125 these days.

> you never even have to rev them you can just cruise along at your own pace having a nice time if thats what you want to do or you can give them some juice and go along like a cat that sat in a puddle of battery acid.

Precisely what I enjoy about my 4-stroke 650.

>125's on the other hand you have two options, go as fast as is humanly possible or do not go anywhere at all.

And exactly the way I felt about my 2-stroke 125. Go balls out, wide open throttle until the tank runs dry or don't even bother riding at all.

Which is why I'm seriously considering a 500cc 2-stroke.

>500cc 2 stroke
Don't bother. The novelty wears off.
Used to own a 94, not at all hard to kickstart like some faggots insist, but the powerband just isn't fun unless you're on a huge flat beach. Constantly going from lugging to DEFCON 1, which sucks for technical bushwork.
You want to go up a decent hill, but you don't want all of the powerband? No problem, it will be waiting for you at the top.
Just get a highly strung 400-500 4T, at least the powerband is linear.

So /dbt/ I'm having a midlife crises despite only being 25 (maybe it's a sign I'll be dead by 50). I'm planning on building a motorcycle from scratch. How ridiculous is this? I'll use a doner bike for electrics and motor wheels and forks. Everything else I want to craft myself. Should I?

Something tells me you have never ridden a 500cc 2 stroke, pic related used to be my bike before i sold it to my uncle and its power band is actually fairly tame, plenty of low end grunt and you never really need to get close to the top end power and even if you do its still usable.

The main problem with the thing is god damn are they thirsty, 10 litres of fuel might last you 80km if you baby it.

Why the h8 for cafe bikes?

Are they the stance of the bike world?

pretty much.
They claim they do it for performance but making a 125cc bike from the 80's perform better is a bit retarded when you can spend less money buying a mid 2000's superbike probably for less than you spent on the cafe racer.

Making nice bikes shitter for no reason. Exactly like stance, having a car and ruining the comfort and handling to impress a small group of teens

Hipster teens at that

When I saw cafe racers I thought they were the Japanese equivalent of rat bike Harleys, as in bikes that were put back together with cheapo parts with an attention to making it look a little nicer. I didn't realize you had to chop up a perfectly normal bike

I don't think anyone claimed cafe bikes are to do with performance? Closest the hipsters get to modifying the engine is painting it

I did own a 94 CR500 for 5 years and did a few bits to it, mostly just carb work, FMF chamber blah blah.

Once I moved to the 450's it was like having the same power up top but you still had 90% of that power below the transition.

I dunno, just my opinion. I just ride an XR400 around now, I've lost my youth.

I like cafe bikes.
Never understood the hate.
Basically build a bike how you like. Can be as simple as changing seat and bars, to as complicated as custom welding and parts.
No different than what every one does with every bike they own.
Harleys, sport bikes, dirt bikes... every one builds them to suit themselves.

>I actually plan on killing myself at either 30 or 40.
You're not alone. Except some days I think I should just do it now and get it over with. Spare myself from all the stress and having to work, you know?

What specifically is wrong with hipsters though?

I'm not taking a jab, I actually want to know. I know they gentrify some areas, so I guess they drive up the prices of dumb 80s Jap bikes. It's not like they're building these bikes to drag knee while tooling around town.

yeah its pretty much the complete opposite of the rat bike harleys.Bosozoku bikes are closer to rat bike harleys.
No they literally think they are making the bikes perform better by putting those pod filters on them and carbon wrap on the exhaust.

CB250 (nighthawk) here.
Sat next to qt 3.14 from cs depart's rebel for the first time today.

This guy's full of shit. It's no wonder you blew out your knee, with footpegs splayed at nearly a 45 from the seat.
I would be knees-to-armpits trying to sit on that thing. Are you 5' tall?

Also, how the fuck do cruiser dickheads ride at any speed? I'd have lost both footpegs by the third stoplight.
Was considering an Indian or cbr500 next. Looks like I just saved 5k and a pair of boots.

Maybe im just bias, i tend to think my 300 has a lot of bottom end power and a 500 has more for sure.

I just dislike faggots who try too hard to be cool and new by doing the same thing as every other person with the same mentality.

Mostly, I just dislike taking something functional and ruining it, like stancing a sports car, putting giant knobblies on an 80's indian-market small capacity bike or having a balanced bike and completely fucking up the riding position, handling, grip and braking.

It's just fucking things up for the same of taking pictures or quite literally going to a cafe on it once because it's do uncomfortable.

This. I hurt myself starting my 250. Didn't realize how easy it was. Tried to do it from a running start and fucked up my knee. Afterwards, I seriously just pushed it forward (didn't even move my feet) popped it and it fired right up.

top kek, you could start it without getting off the bike if you started it in 3rd gear.

Don't we pretty much always do things for the sake of appearance and fun though? I mean if that wasn't the case, nobody would ride bikes at all, we'd be on the bus.

I mean I get what you're saying, nobody really likes posers, but what are they posing for? Nothing really, they just want a bike that they customized, like
said

Not him but pretty much.
Hating cafe racers is like hating people who ride a KTM because you specifically think Yamaha is a better brand of bike.

>Would take the bus instead of riding a motorcycle
>Thinks people ride bikes because it's cool
Wtf. If everyone on the planet dropped dead I'd ride my motorcycle all day through empty streets. I couldn't give a fuck less if people thought my bike looked cool.

No it's not. Jesus Christ. I couldn't give a fuck less what brand of bike people ride despite personally not liking a few brands. But getting a bike and ruining performance, comfort, handling to try and impress people it's absolutely autistic

so you do it because you find it fun then, gotcha, whats different about you finding your bike fun and someone else finding a bike they built fun?

Recommendations for a good 250 - 350cc bike? I've been looking at the Yamaha yzf r3 and the cbr250

But YOU think it's cool, that's why you do it, it's what I mean. If someone thinks a cafe is cool, so what?

Youre retarded if you think EVERY cafe is ruined

Buy my bike

>Bike they built
95% of cafe bikes have exhaust wrap, structure cut to fit a uncomfortable seat and a shitty paint job. It's not built.

Not sure where you get that idea about the ergos on it. I am 6'2" and not skinny. See pic related. I sit all the way back on the lower seat and my knees end up just past the back of the outer pockets on that tank bag. Taking the seat up and inch or two would be nice, but my ankles have gotten used to the flex over the last few weeks. The CM also has a higher 'buckhorn' handlebar setup than the Nighthawk. At first I found the handlebars odd (I was about to replace them with lower/straighter bars like all the MSF bikes I trained on), but I got used to it pretty quickly.

>95%
Again... youre a narrow minded retard. Hating for no reason.
Also the seats are comfy as fuck