Are there any neo-pagans who take it seriously or are all neo-pagans hurr durr dude weed lmao atheism hippies?

Are there any neo-pagans who take it seriously or are all neo-pagans hurr durr dude weed lmao atheism hippies?

You just posted a neopagan who is one the of the least hippie guys on Earth.

Yeah but does he seriously believe it?

Yeah but lowkey
Also ITT: post the best Burzum bops
>implying it's not Det Som Engang Var

Fallen was bretty gud

You either have Neo-pagans like Varg or the golden one that passionately believe it or you get pathetic neckbeards who just do it because it's different.

was it really self defense?

Also in my experience it's mostly just a fascination with ancient European heritage and trying to revive our culture that was basically stamped out by the catholic church. The religion itself doesn't seem that important to them.

so schizophrenics.

I wonder if any of them actually read relevant religious texts

Probably self defense
Oystein was a crazy fucker I wouldn't put it past him

>Hanging around a local game shop I like to frequent.
>A neckbeard and a short, spindly girl with glasses are talking to the clerk about how terrible Christianity is.
>Turns out they're "Pagans", by which I mean some Neo-Pagan Wicca shit.
>They talk about spirits briefly when I inquire about their faith and I ask what pantheon they follow since the term "Pagan" is extremely vague.
>They say Norse.
>They don't seem to actually KNOW anything about the Gods and when I inquire what their favorite Saga was they tell me they haven't read any.
>Mfw they try to bash Christianity to me before I pack my shit up and just leave.
I feel like being a "Pagan" is just another word for being an annoying atheist, while also trying to cling to some faux spirituality that not too many people know about so you seem enlightened or some shit.

It's pretty shitty that they basically didn't care whether or not he was defending himself and put him away for being in a metal band

>bagans
>reading

i'm loling

I worship Ishtar, because someone has to keep that bitch from flooding the world with undead.

You're welcome.

its always just retarded white trash LARPers. Its like neo-nazis, but less mean spirited

>I worship Ishtar

these men are pawns

>men

I put a price of twenty thousand dirham on their heads.

Most neo-pagans seem to go for the 'gods r metaphors!!' instead of actually believing as their "ancestors" did.

why wouldn't they be comfortable with a religion like cathlocism or protestantism? not many of the religions that still survive today are limited to race, anybody can join those types of religions.

>why wouldn't they be comfortable with a religion like cathlocism or protestantism?

because thats what mom and dad believe and they need to rebel against something and those have no edge lord points

nice

is the golden one schizo? i didn't realize it

>Vice

Don't worry, I'm sure they'd probably tell you that Islam actually isn't that bad too, not Christianity though, it's just soooo backwards right??

;^)

Yes, I'm part of a brotherhood who worships Moloch in Northern California. We take our rites very seriously.

The fuck? Why is there an Icon in the background?
Since when was varg orthodox?

think that the main problem is that its unclear what exactly theyre supposed to be serious about

some groups have attempts at a concise theology but since its all tied up with pseudo-revival and reconstruction it always ends up anachronistic, unoriginal and realy realy vague

realy it isnt clear they themselves know what theyre supposed to believe or practice, or how this is supposed to relate to life and reality, often it just end up as meaningless wiccan larping

thing is if they realy want a non-christian faith based on pagan principles theyd have to scratch a little deeper below the surface to get to some stuff that isnt just trivial, they would have to find ways to deal with things like life, death, absurdity, the human condition etc...etc... all the various problematic aspects of reality, in other words theyd have to do what religions do and give 'concrete answers' or at least address certain problems and try to find non trivial solutions

imo hermeticists and other occultist groups allready have them beat on all of that, plus, while technicaly beig revivalist and rather larpy themselves, the basic principles are both generic enough and 'deep' enough to make for something always new, always up to date, meaning they have been reinventing themselves over and over every couple of decades for centuries now

would expect no less from sweden

Is there something wrong with that picture?

Kill yourself faggot

So this is white people going in sweat lodges.

Don't know, but Euronymous deserved to die anyway.

Same with Buddhists.

Not anything. Dude seems like a total bro.

He's explicitly stated that he doesn't literally believe the Gods exist, but that they are valuable concepts to subscribe to.

WHAT

>Tfw they did exactly that while ranting about Christianity.
>"Look at the Crusades! Christianity is evil! Islam was only defending themselves, they've never taken part in a bloody war for their religion like Christians!

Now that the autists have blown their load, we can discuss peacefully. We should do this every thread until Gookmoot creates /jc/.

There's plenty (Relatively speaking, I doubt there's more than 2 million non-Wiccan neopagans) out there who are serious about the religion. Just ask "Do you let Blacks or Jews into your group?"

If they answer anything but some variant of "no" ("They can stand around and watch if they really want but we won't let them do rituals" counts as no) then no, they aren't serious in the slightest and are just slightly less autistic then le ebin orthodox internet crusaders.

Most are too scared to dive in and create something new and get mocked for breaking the mold so they stay in this weird atheist-yet-prays-to-jungian-archetypes thing which is rather esilly.

Why the fuck do people always bring up the crusades? It happened a thousand years ago and people never mention the centuries of christian-islamic warfare that preceded it.

I am fairly sure ancient european pagans would be rather flattered if a black jew started worshiping thier gods.

muslim historians of the day barely mention it, some fanatic franks started shit around jerusalem, compared to the events going on at the time it was a minor thing

What the ancient European pagans would think about an individual is ultimately irrelevant; they would not approve of their traditions and ways (or the traditions and ways of any people) being altered to fit outsiders. More importantly, the question of "do you let in blacks and jews" is a litmus test for whether or not the group is made up of people who've read the Eddas and Sagas. Any group that doesn't hold views that could be described as folkish/racist/ethnocentric/nationalist/whatever-you-get-the-point in SOME degree is one that is made up of people who have never read the Eddas and the sagas. This is simple fact.

You could replace "Blacks and Jews" with "Khoisan and Koreans". Blacks and Jews are just the two most inflammatory groups. But that doesn't matter. What matters is the folk of the practitioners and the question of whether or not they let their ways and practices be changed and bent to cater to people who aren't part of that folk.

Absolutely not.

Pushing your own culture onto foreigners dillutes it, transforming it to bland shit. A little similar to how weestern civilization spread across the globe and became the bland default culture. Hollywood snaps up a piece of litterature or story and creates a pile of shit that warps the story and it's image to falsehood (see Romans in hollywood) and idiots eat it up and misconception become the norm for a generation.

I don't know. Can you come up with an explanation why over 75% of the numerous stab wounds were in his back and not his front?

they are called orthodox christians

Don't forget those skinhead prison gangs.

At least they moved on from literally worshiping Hitler.

They don't mention that fighting because when you talk about it you have to acknowledge that Christianity was the native religion in the Mid East before Islam, and we can't ever admit that Islam was anything other than peaceful and perfect, ever

Back then religion was so much more than just a belief system. It was your culture, history and science. The only pre Christian religion not really like this was Hellenism.

It would make no sense for a foreigner to follow foreign gods unless he was living in the land they created (in this case, Scandinavia)

Based on what I know about the Greece-roman world, paganism was very fluid.

Take the Greeks, they moved into Egypt and started worshiping Egyptian gods in addition to their own. They saw Zeus and Ra as being the same deity and such, so temples to 'Zeus-ammon ra' were built. Everywhere the Greeks went, they adopted local deities and saw connection with them with their own gods.

As pagans had a tendency to see other peoples gods as different manifestations of the same gods.

If pagan greeks and pagan norsemen met each other, I'd bet there would be a few temples to 'Zeus-Odin' and 'Thor-Heracles'. Just like there were temples to 'Zeus-Ahura Mazda' in Bactria.

This is basically what i was trying to say in the above post but you described it way better.

All Christians are neopagans.

muh pereniallism

Yeah. But the biggest offenders are the people that worship Thor because its a white religion. Like those skinhead racists.

Non-germanic whites who live in america are not culturally Norse. Less Norse than say a black person who grew up in England, I'd say.

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

MUH W-WHITE RACE RELIGION IS ODINISM
I feel so comfy in my Tradtional Church parish where most of people come to hear sermon about removing kebab and how to protect our people from degeneracy and the africans.

Trips confirm that he's more chill than Kristian "Taliban Xtian Cuck In Denial" Vikernes ever will be.