Yfw you realize the Ottoman empire actually existed

>yfw you realize the Ottoman empire actually existed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates#Famous_Barbary_corsairs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think anyone's who has studied European or Middle Eastern history will know that the Ottoman Empire was a thing.

Veeky Forums is fucking shit.

>yfw Otto Mann existed

Only till the second siege of Vienna.

The Ottoman empire was a thing, but it didn't really do anything besides conquer half of the Muslim world and the Balkans.
And then proceed to get it's ass handed to it by the European powers.

>didn't do much besides terrorise a whole continent for decades, hell, centuries

Without the discovery of the Americas and the ensuing inflation in the empire, Europe would be Moslemic by now.

POLAN STRONK

That was a response to the empire's controlling of trade between Europe and the Middle East. They had no direct influence on the discovery of the Americas.

>it was all real

Whoever made this map is a retard tbf.

it's a map of the sunni world

Iceland is the cherry on top

What's with Iceland then

i cant stop laughing whenever i see this

And most the Balkans, mainland Italy, Sardinia, Provence

they were caliphs long ago

10/10

For real though there are some civilizations that for years only existed in the bible, like the Hittites. I wonder what faces people actually made when they started finding legit Hittite archaeological discoveries.

Unless they studied the history of relevant europe only

Some mercenaries working for the sultan captured at some point in time.

>tfw no cool guy driving your school bus and giving you shrooms while he plays the guitar.

>not knowing about the emirate of Al-reyjkafiq

The ottomans fucked up the spanish and venetians in the med till the battle of lepanto causing venetian decline and the containment of spain.
Also Suleiman financed the protestants during the 30 years war.

not mercenaries, but pirates working from the ottoman eyalet

>In 1627 Barbary corsairs from Algiers and Salé descended on Iceland in two separate raids, taking around 400–900 prisoners (Iceland's population at the time has been estimated to have been about 60,000). This event is popularly known in Iceland as Tyrkjaránið – the 'Turkish Raid', as it was launched from areas under Ottoman sovereignty, although no North African Turks (Kouloughlis) are known to have been involved. Most pirates were Arabs and Berbers, a large part - the Dutch and other Europeans, who converted to Islam.[1] Four ships attacked the eastern and southern coast as well as the Vestmannaeyjar ("Westman Islands"). Ten years later 27 captives made it back to Iceland; a few had come home earlier.

>The leader of one of the raids was Jan Janszoon, also known as Murat Reis the younger, a Dutch pirate who operated from Salé. In 1627 he rented a Danish slave (most likely a crew member captured on a Danish ship taken as a pirate prize) to pilot him and his men to Iceland, where they raided the fishing village of Grindavík. Their takings were meagre, some salted fish and a few hides, but most importantly they captured twelve Icelanders and three Danes, whom they could sell as slaves. As they were leaving Grindavík, they managed to trick and capture a Danish merchant ship by flying a false flag.

also some more of these absolute madman

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates#Famous_Barbary_corsairs

>Also Suleiman financed the protestants during the 30 years war.

Not according to my EU4 game.

>Ireland relevant
>Portugal and Netherlands isn't
Kys

That's the map of the Sunni world, arkadash.

Do you think Balkans so far north Were sunni? Or north of Ukraine?

Its the ottoman empire at its greatest extent with all the subject nations.

Also lets not forget it was a Turkish empire.
Similarity with arab dynasties is low.

relevant = big clay

>ireland
>big clay

kys x2

>Suleiman financed the protestants during the 30 years war

He was long dead during that time. How fuckin stupid are you really?

i swear this map gets bigger every time i look at it

>that one exception in the game

>iceland
>sunni

>yfw they made an anime about turkey

>Europe
>relevant
lol

i think he mistook him for osman, the ottomans did support the proddies though

>In the east, the Protestant Hungarian Prince of Transylvania, Gabriel Bethlen, led a spirited campaign into Hungary with the support of the Ottoman Sultan, Osman II. Fearful of the Catholic policies of Ferdinand II, Gabriel Bethlen requested a protectorate by Osman II, so "the Ottoman Empire became the one and only ally of great-power status which the rebellious Bohemian states could muster after they had shaken off Habsburg rule and had elected Frederick V as a Protestant king".

>ambassadors were exchanged, with Heinrich Bitter visiting Constantinople in January 1620, and Mehmed Aga visiting Prague in July 1620. The Ottomans offered a force of 60,000 cavalry to Frederick and plans were made for an invasion of Poland with 400,000 troops in exchange for the payment of an annual tribute to the sultan.[32] These negotiations triggered the Polish–Ottoman War of 1620–21.[33] The Ottomans defeated the Poles, who were supporting the Habsburgs in the Thirty Years' War, at the Battle of Cecora in September–October 1620

And I'm done shitposting here.

Thanks for the free bumps to spread the meassage about House Osman, dhimmi.

you're welcome roach

Ikr

>yfw you realize that all T*rks are now nothing more than errand boys for the Saudi royal family

How the mighty have fallen

>implying it's not all part of a very elaborate plan

In terms of short-term influence, yes.

why cant we have a normal ottoman thread for once without turk shitposting and asshurt balkanites