Why doesn't everyone just buy those 10% + dividend stocks

Why doesn't everyone just buy those 10% + dividend stocks

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/dividend-stocks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sauce?

because they dont have enough capital to make it worth

Kim Miso

This. See also: litterally every stock or crypto thread here. If it's not the hourly rant because someone's $5 worth of altcoins shit the bed, it's someone asking how they can invest their spare $10 of pizza delivery tips

gimme a list, got 3 mill to invest.

nasdaq.com/dividend-stocks/

Do 10% dividend stocks even exist? The best ive seen is ~7.2%, which was the dividend payout for an oil & gas storage company. Cant remember the name but they are big in the US

Volatile as fuck. 10% dividend doesn't mean shit when the stock goes down 23.5% YTD

Pretty much.
I had one once that paid a dividend monthly, which I took as a DRIP.
Of course, the stock kept getting beat to shit, so I was just accumulating more and more of a declining company.
Eventually they folded completely.

>Do 10% dividend stocks even exist?

Happens alot with shitty companies.

They need to offer ridiculous dividends just to retain investors...

Also, those companies have a habit of losing value more than the dividends they give out.

World Point Terminals? Phillips 66? Kinder Morgan? So many of them.

A lot of those MLP gas and storage companies offer huge dividends. They do nothing but rake in profit for the cost of shooting a few pigs and opening a few valves when they're not trying to build pipes underneath rivers or through indian burial grounds.

A lot of their profits is due to their weird tax status though and that could change in the future.

Anyways, OP, the only other dividend stocks that pay 7%+ are REITs and thats due for another shit-wrecking bubble-bursting correction anytime now.

Also, some royalty trusts, but those are mostly dried up now.

>100% of my portfolio is REITs

companies pay high dividends when they are going to shit. highest dividend paying stocks are tobacco companies when smoking is on the decline and lawsuits are still going up... Philip Morris, Reynolds, etc. >7% dividends!

company won't completely die for years. take some dividends but it's only 7% return yearly. most people on Veeky Forums don't give a fuck

I like Verizon VZ for long term parked money about 4%, better than nothing in a savings account

Telecoms play good dividends too.

Utilities, also.

If I could short Philip Morris for 20 years I'd do that, but it's another consumer staple like J&J that pay okay dividends.

If you want dividends that outperform the market you got REITs and MLPs.

There are some oceanic shipping companies delivering like 25% dividends like SSW but their industry is in shambles and they're due to be bought out or bankrupt or whatever in the future. Like most of the REITs, NOT a good long-term investment.

I only buy stocks with at least a half-decent dividend yield, but buying solely on dividends with no other considerations is beyond retarded. 10% a year in dividends + 20% a year in capital gains losses is 10% a year net-losses. And that's before you consider the fact that the dividends might get cut.

Genuinly interested why REIT's should not be a good long-term investment. Care to elaborate?

I disagree, at a certain point a company is not going to just constantly grow and you want to get cash out of its hands or they start making dumb acquisitions like Microsoft with Nokia/Linkedin or any acquisition by Yahoo besides Alibaba

Because dividend stocks don't underperform and they are tax inefficient

Dividend stocks underperform compared to the rest of the market and bring a bigger tax bill.

How do I invest in those titties?

Do some research on your own.. That's your disclaimer.

My observation, real estate is heavily invested into to where the price of admission isn't worth the ride. It follows a cycle, we are at the top of a cycle that started sometime after the last real estate crash in 2008. Contrary to popular ideas, real estate does not always go up in value. It oftentimes plummets in value. It regularly does that.

In the future, these REITs involved in suburban developments might find themselves owning worthless slums when gas prices go up and the employed move into the city, for an example.

Or they invest in gentrifying inner city shitholes in St. Louis riding the hipster boom when the gov't condemns all the 100 year old apartments and zoning redesignates it for suburban single-family homes.

Real estate, unless it's land that produces value like an oil well or farmland or mine, is basically speculative and prone to MUCH speculation that artifically drives up the cost.

When mutual fund managers run out of ideas to where to put money, they might put it into some sketchy REITs, drive up the value artifically and bail when they realize their mistake.

It'll be your dip-shit un-informed retail investor ass holding the bags when the East Hamptons turn into East St. Louis.

I avoid REITs.

I loaded up on SUN and SXL. Hoping for some nice gains this year. Wish me luck.

Stocks with high dividend yields are high for a reason...either the dividend is likely to get cut significantly in the near-term, or the company/industry has very poor future prospects (in other words, the dividend will be cut).

If you don't know what the hell you're doing, I wouldn't recommend mindlessly buying stocks with high yields. You're dealing with high-risk, shitty companies and you will lose your shirt

REITs pay that high because they dish out 90% of their profit as a dividend, i.e. it's volatile.

MLPs got butt raped.

A dividend as high as 10% is a signal that the market thinks it is unsustainable.

R O T H
O
T
H