Don't know a terrible amount about engine, but is the fact that Ford built a 5...

Don't know a terrible amount about engine, but is the fact that Ford built a 5.2L engine with 526hp/429tq a sign of better engineering than a 6.2L Chevy LT4 that produces 455hp/455tq?

I drove the LT4 and to be honest it feels much better than a Mustang GT. Torque everywhere, seemless power whenever you want, you feel like you can pass anything at any time. You've gotta rev out the Mustang to get power cause it's asleep down low without a tune.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z51-manual-long-term-test-wrap-up
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/motor
performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8627
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> but is the fact that Ford built a 5.2L engine with 526hp/429tq a sign of better engineering than a 6.2L Chevy LT4 that produces 455hp/455tq?

yes, Ford has literally never made a production engine that makes as much or more power NA than the voodoo

Displacement=/=total required engine volume
the Chevy motor is better for daily driving, but the mustang's engine is more for tracks

Perhaps not better engineering, but they're made for different applications. The LT4 isn't exactly a specialized engine like Ford's Voodoo 5.2; it probably costs less.

Also I don't know the exact numbers but knowing how light LS-series engines are, the Chevy 6.2 is probably lighter than the Voodoo.

>better for daily
>needs a complete replacememnt after just 7k miles

caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z51-manual-long-term-test-wrap-up

also stop calling it motor

Put your name back on alphonse

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/motor
read

it is a motor though.

the N/A LT4 is fine now, early units had issues with deburring edges. the S/C version is heat soak unless you add heat shields in the right places.

bump for additional answers

Not related but I feel I could get an here. How much are coyote engines? Would it cost a lot to drop it in this 87 gmc s15?

good b8 m8

Purpose built "muscle sport" engine VS a glorified truck engine capable of xxxxhp for cheap.

Really makes you think.

>the 5.2 is in the gt 350. Regular gt cars get a 5.0. Completely different engines.

Does Ford have any v8s running in any GT class? I know the voodoo and coyote is way to fragile for endurance gtlm or gt3.. do they have the 'gt'350 in gt4 at least?

What the fuck is muscle sport

It's what a Mustang/Camaro is. Part muscle car, part pony car, part sports car.

The only difference is the crank

Both are good, but have different personalities.

Chevy V8 = truck engine
Ford V8 = two Honda engines joined at the crank

The former has tons of torque everywhere, but doesn't get any more exciting the higher you rev it. The latter is decent down low, but kicks you in the ass when cam phasing kicks in like VTEC and pulls harder the closer you get to redline.

different strokes for different folks. you only rev a motor that high if you can't make power down low. the higher a motor revs, the higher the chance is that something breaks. i'd take a motor that made peak HP at 4k rpms over one that had to wind out to 7k any day of the week. now, i'm not calling the yote a slouch by any stretch. that's a solid motor, but everytime you shift that fucker at 8k, you're taking the life of that motor in your hands.

I'm not so sure. The Boss 302 has a Coyote engine that redlines at 7500 RPM, but the engineers stated that it's stable all the way up to 8500 RPM. That's a healthy safety barrier.

>I don't know what I am talking about

you can always tell someone if full of shit if the call it "motor"

Rev limiter on the 5.0 is around 7k rpm and people tune that shit to 7.5-7.8k without issues. Stock settings are conservative as hell. Ford left a lot on the table that can be opened up with a tune.

>Ford left a lot on the table that can be opened up with a tune.
Yet another reason why i wish that engine was put in the GT.

Would also like to know what itd cost to buy one, want to put one in an xc

get one from an f-150, iirc they have lower compression pistons, so they can take more boost

Ford actually sells a 670WHP supercharger for the Mustang, complete with warranty, so they must be confident in the engine taking boost.

performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8627

yeah, because when you run NA, you def hear people call it "all engine", not "all motor. "

go back to /b/, neckbeard, grown-ups are talking.

well yeah, but in case you want turbos, lower compression is always good

>runing NA
lol pleb enjoy being slower

>I have no idea what I'm saying: The Post

>not "all motor
who cares what stupid honda ricers say

eh, without issues is a sliding scale, and i'm aware(we tune them too). i've built plenty of coyotes, lsx's, BB chevy's(probably the best motor chevy ever made for holding power down), and a handful of old chevy LT1's(the small block from the 90's) for customers(the hold up very well to high boost for a 2 bolt main). we try to make power down low as possible as reputation drives repeat customers. sure, you can make more high up on those coyotes, but you don't "have" to, to get some great numbers out of them.

the pistions, rods, heads and cams are also different

has never built a motor for the quarter mile: the post(you)

i'd like to see who's actually succeeded in getting edelbrock or any other vendor for that matter, to warranty a blown motor that blew because of load. the vendors only warranty based off of defects(something breaks off the screws and gets sucked into the combustion chamber).

How do you increase low/mid-range power without sacrificing top end?

Also, would you recommend Lund over Bama for a low mod car?

some customers don't want to run power adders because they daily their "racecar" and don't want extra stress on the internals.

Thing already has 400+ HP, ft/lb torque NA. Not like it's anemic.

you do sacrifice top end.

i wouldn't recommend a mail order tune to be honest, unless it's intentionally very conservative tune just to drive your car to the shop to be fine tuned(like a "getting it idling and usable tune").

you leave a few percentage of HP with a mailorder tune.

so, i know i'm getting a bit specific, but do you not have a tuner nearby?

If you had any experience with engines Billy Joel, you'd realise that an engine that was built and designed to rev to 7000 RPM would be no less reliable than one designed to redline at 4K.

>everytime you shift that fucker at 8k, you're taking the life of that motor in your hands
What an absolute load of codswallop.

I have a dyno near me specializing in mustangs, but from what I've heard it's a waste of money getting a dyno tune unless you have a ton of mods which mail-order tunes can't smooth out (full exhaust, cams, etc)

>rev's up an LS until valve float for a few minutes
>wtf why is there a hole in the side of the block now?
>I was told it would be no different than running it at 4k rpm

a coyote stuck at 7k will not outlast an ohv motor stuck at 4k.

>>not knowing how kinetic energy works.

S/C ??

the ecu will generally keep your motor from leaning out if you did headers, full exhaust and deleted cats, but you're going to end up far richer than you need to me.

you're right on the cams though

They're both great engines but the 6.2 is better balanced and longer lasting.

>
>it is a motor though.

No, a motor is electric and an engine is combustion.

The difference is that the LS was never designed or intended to be run at 7k.

>a coyote stuck at 7k will not outlast an ohv motor stuck at 4k.
That's absolute rubbish.

An OHV stuck at 7k will not outlast an OHV stuck at 4k - correct. But your example clearly shows how much of a gronk you are. By your logic, a rotary should spin itself apart within 30 seconds of being spun at 9k because >muh too high revs.

What is it with americans not wanting to rev?

Horsepower is horsepower, now downshift and redline that bitch.

the centrifugal superchargers don't suffer heat stroke, but they make far less power at the lower rpm's... it's also a nightmare running a catch can and an ati procharger on the lt1/4's(unless someone figured that out recently).

wtf is a gronk?

also, name a rotary built for longevity...go ahead..i'm waiting.

Because they're all severely lacking in intelligence like this fellow:

so, physics doesn't matter down in the penal colony, eh?

Former Civic Si owner here. Coyote has the same VTAK feels except with so much more power. Fun to rev the shit out of it.

Coyote is basically two stroked K24 joined at the crank

Bait?

>wtf is a gronk?
Someone with a face like a dropped watermelon, and a brain to match.

The 12a was well known for its reliability. Rotary engines have been used extensively in small planes. Rotary engines also do a lot better in high duty cycle environments, unlike OHV V8s.

but making power NA puts more stress on the engine than with supercharging???
more

Is that a question or a statement

Getting more power out of changed shift points and better air flow does not put much more stress on an engine than stock.

>name a rotary built for longevity
this will sin at 9000rpm for 48 hours
stay btfo pushrod cuck

You keep on pulling >muh physics out of your ass when really it has sweet fuck all relevance to your argument.

Yes, an engine spinning at 7k RPM has an order of magnitude more kinetic energy involved when compared to 4k RPM. No, an engine designed to spin at 7k RPM will be less reliable than the engine designed for 4k spinning at 4k.

I'm doubtful that you even build drag engines. Low revving high capacity V8s spin themselves apart and explode with just as much frequency and variance as little riceboxes and DOHC V8s.

well that is if you are talking about minor gains, but if you want an extra 200-3oo on the coyote it's better to go with forced induction

extremely expensive racecar motor is built to survive the duration of a race...

wow.

also, neither a pushrod owner or a cuck. keep it coming though, neard.

Esp since it's so easy to get them with a bolt on kit. Pretty sure 700ish is about as much as most sane people want to have on the road for actual street driving.

goddamn, you're retarded. at what point did i say 4k/4k?

oh, right, you're probably drunk by now. take care, cuck of the future.

Motor autist does nothing but build engines all day long. You never stood a chance.

>You're retarded
>Lol alcoholic
>Cuck

Just admit you're out of your depth.

I DD a 430hp stang and test drove a 600hp shelby once. God I don't know why anyone would wanna go faster than that

Nice moving the goalposts. Hell, you were originally talking about purpose built drag V8s as well.

Right here, you fucking dumb cunt.
>i'd take a motor that made peak HP at 4k rpms over one that had to wind out to 7k any day of the week. now, i'm not calling the yote a slouch by any stretch. that's a solid motor, but everytime you shift that fucker at 8k, you're taking the life of that motor in your hands.

It's the compression ratio, and the heads. More air and fuel = bigger boom boom

Same, I've got a 17 GT. I think future chassis would probably benefit more from weight loss than much more power.

That's what I really hope focus on for the 7th gen. This one is really big and porky, even compared to the 5th gen. The Camaro lost 200lbs, hopefully that inspires Ford to do the same.

It's impossible to get more than like 80hp out of a N/A engine without forced induction or changing internals

>he needs forced induction to make power

all engines are motors but not all motors are engines.

>he needs 1000 cubic inches to make power

pushrods not even once

>he needs 16 cylinders and 4 turbo's to make half that

You increase displacement or run a longrod short stroke combo

>LT4 that produces 455hp/455tq

try 640/630
the LT1 is 460

damn, it's your autistic ass again, let's avoid any following autistic discussion and just skip to the basics

1.- the buggati 16 cylinder can pass emissions and has a wrranty, the one you are posting is not
2.- OHC is better than pushrods
3.- the GTR is faster at goodwood than the nascar cucktruck
4.- every race where pushrods dominate, OHC was banned
5.- the hartley v8 is smaller than the LS
6.- americans like yourself have an inferiority complex which is why you cannot stop doing retarded comparisons just to validate your choices

anything else I forgot???

There is no victory against autism. Autism built the Japanese battleship Yamato out of the finest of 10,000x folded Japanese steel.

and look where that got it lel

I think after a few years pass if I haven't bolted this thing down, I'd definitely be down for a GT350 if I could find one for sale at a non-retard price. Would def be easier after a new GT500 comes out.

Autism rises again, harder, stronger.

Was just watching some gt4 the other day and saw a mustang in there. It wasn't doing great tho tbqh