New Porsche revealed at E3. Don't know if Veeky Forums is watching

New Porsche revealed at E3. Don't know if Veeky Forums is watching.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/news/a32791/nurburgring-record-stefan-belof-porsche-956/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thats not a miata

Is this Porsche gonna flood this board for the next hour?

yes

honestly dunno who is more desperate, Porsche or Microsoft?

Porsche isn't desperate at all they have record profits... meanwhile Forza has always been considered inferior to Gran Turismo

Link pls?

yea, It really stinks more of Microsoft fellating car guys

>vacuum cleaner engine sounds
>no customization
>lack of real tracks
>interior
That being said I hope they don't take lessons from FH3, the sttaightness of that Dubai road is concerning. Also talking about more supercars and less shitboxes. I do like making the cars rattle and dynamic puddles though.

>all that rice

>Forza has always been considered inferior to Gran Turismo

they aren't really comparable, being a playstation exclusive and forza being xbox + pc

people will buy a playstation just for Gran Turismo.

source: I did that.

Why do porsche sign these being over the top exclusive deals with companies and get stuck in shit companies to show off their cars?

more like gran turismo was always about being a sim, forza always felt more like an arcade game with shit simulation aspects

this is like what Honda did with their new civic

>shit simulation aspects
Um, u wot? You can feel a difference in handling even from changing tire pressure. Horizon is more arcadey with the jumps and increased grip but Motorsport is pretty damn realistic to drive.

Forza has always been 100% arcade. I hate they they let you tune cars that are already tuned the mechinical limits and add 900 hp to an already 980 hp car.

Even Gran Tursimo's creator admitted GT is only about 70% and only with a full wheel and pedals in sim mode in the settings. In the GT class which was highly bias and broken if you raced their car around a track in full sim mode you would never do more than 3 laps since you end up fighting the physics engine which in itself was broken.

I miss Project Gotham Racing where playing with a controller felt good and made you want to race faster.

More like Gran Autismo

But the GT2RS isn't new it's been around a few years.

Gran Autismo = PC driving simulators

any self-respecting autist knows Gran Turismo is not a hardcore sim

they are both sim-cades

it's the first reveal of 2017 version user

This.

Having played asseto corsa and project cars even F1 2015 to 2017. PC sim racers are a new level of autism worse than eve online players.

Gran Turismo is Diet Simulation but with wonky physics. Like having half a tire touch grass then suddenly being more slippery than ice and making you to 15 spins in a row.

Than again it could be worse like GTA5

I was a PS3 guy the whole time and bought an xbone just for Forza. Still don't have a PS4 because polyphony digital takes 30 years to do anything and it doesn't have any other games that interest me yet.

Don't forget that the bosses at Polyphony are so crazy that one guy can model 10-15 cars in a couple of years and ALL his work can be deleted because they don't like his attitude or his work.

You would swear the game was made during the edo era.

640hp... crazy power but surprised it's not higher. The last one made 620hp out of the smaller 3.6l.

dubs of truth. Simcade is the word for sure, a huge step above most other racing games but still woefully short of a true sim. People who try and preach other one as a sim racer I just shake my head at

>rice
You know that aero is functional, right? Spoilers don't make cars "rice".

you're a scumbag dude, straight up

>name car gt2
>it came out after the gt3 and is more powerful

can't explain that.

German intellectuals

Or maybe, it was named after the FIA GT2 racing series which was a more powerful class than the GT3 series.

Engine swaps are fun and usually reasonable. Its a good way to add power to a car without F/I.

upvoted

w-what if it's actually faster than the GTR around the ring???

Technically there is a Porsche that holds the memering record.
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/news/a32791/nurburgring-record-stefan-belof-porsche-956/

991.2 GT3 got 7:12 if the GT2 can't beat 7:08 every engineer at Porsche needs to kill they're selves.

>tfw no more GTR shitposting

don't worry the next gen will surely be good for at least a couple more years of assblasting

the xbox one hex is too weak to run proper antialiasing, so they added aliasing on the actual car

who cares. porsche isnt amerishit

lol the car isnt even out yet and this loser is already having a meltdown over it

Trips wasted on the world's most retard Altima

>pre-assblasting GM cucks 3 years before release

Sorry to burst your bubble, but GT and Forza are barely simulators. GT doesn't even have a clutch.

Forza is infinitely better.

GT has a better driving feel which is all I care about.

Then play asetto corsa you faggot.
GT and Forza suck as sims

I don't want a sim I want the driving feel of GT.

Just play GT4 since it was the last decent one

Then play fucking anything else that isn't those two stupid games, you dolt.

They're barely simulators. Go and play a rFactor, Assetto, literally ANY simulator on the PC with a direct drive wheel and then tell me GT has great feel; it doesn't.

>be me
>friend invites me over to his house
>he has a new direct drive wheel
>crash
>fucking servo motor throws my hands into a pretzel with all that force

He can play whatever he wants you autist.

You're actually autistic

I'm going to punch you

What do you not understand about 'I want that GT driving feel'? Nobody wants to play a shitty racing sim with graphics from 2001 that requires a $20,000 setup to be good.

If you care about any of that buy an SLS.

Porsche is pure performance and reliability, nothing else.

I think he's talking about Forza

He's literally talking about Gran Turismo though

Either way he's not talking about the Porsche

potatoes*

Still can't believe how they still haven't fixed some of the most common complaints about the game since 2010.

Adding to that (maybe more of a personal problem that triggers my autism) being the often useless copies of the same car to inflate car numbers making it seem like it has more than it actually does. cars just 1 year apart with no cosmetic or performance difference or 2-3 versions of the same car being EU/JP/US spec. instead of having that take up a slot and counting it as a separate car so you can say you have "over 1000 cars" why not make it a toggle re-skin? (select Miata and its just 1 car and you toggle whether you want LHD or RHD or insert autism model year here)

Forza 4 IMO felt like it had more cars than Gran Turismo due to sheer variety. Obscure-who manufacturers that i didn't know existed and learned about them when googling and of course they never skimp out on Porsche adding 30 of them vs 4 or 5 RUFs Gran Turismo adds.

>C5 Corvette Z06 00
>C5 Corvette Z06 04
>same fucking car with no difference other than maybe a 2-3 extra horsepower

>Ford GT (05 and 06)

>EG Shingo Civic
>4 fucking model years (91 92 93 95)
>same fucking car
JUST ADD A DROP DOWN MENU TO SWITCH BETWEEN THAT STUFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No engine swaps hurts too. especially engine swaps from within manufacturers that would be nothing but a total upgrade.
>LS7 swapped C4 Corvette

Keked audibly

I agree, I mean they've made the same game since 1998 and have the formula spot on so why the fuck can't they just polish it better?

IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A CLUTCH

AAHAHAHAHHA

>implying Assetto Corsa and Project Cars look bad

Are you retarded? You have to be if you think it costs $20k for a decent simulator rig.

You're playing down a big league watered down simulator. Stay mad.

Looks like the old one except with more vents and carbon fiber

Driving in both games is shit, simple as that. I play video games for fun, not to emulate what I can do in real life. Stay mad that I enjoy a much cheaper, simpler, and more fun experience while you're assblasted over shit that does not even matter.

>"you know our racing game that's the same every time with superfluous changes?"
>"yeah"
>"let's release it at the same time as a car that has the same problem!"
>"you're a genius!"

girst the centinario now this
will this be a meme?

the miatas are part of an easter egg, dipshit
and if you don't know why GT doesn't have any Porsches, kys (GT3 had one and GT Sport is going to include them too)

Which will be worse.
New nsf or this.

>We want the Lotus audience

>the miatas are part of an easter egg
So what about the copies of the other cars? are they all part of an easter egg filled with diarrhea instead of chocolate? i think you got the point i was trying to make either way.

GT doesn't have any Porsches because EA owns or has owned the Porsche licence for awhile and they didn't want to pay to licence them. Turn10/Microsoft did in their earlier years of Forza 3/4 so that was another plus for them.

I don't know man. It just doesn't do it for me. I don't know what it is. It's like, in another life I would fuck the shit out of a Porsche, but in this life they just don't get my dick hard. You know what I mean? Porsche has just never given me a boner.

>2017
>Playing any grand touring simulator besides NFSU2

Could you imagine how many 911 variants GT would have if they had the Porsche license from day one?

>New car
>Its a 911 with stickers and meaner vents
How do people get exited by this?
How is this a big reveal?
Call me faggot but if you say new Porsche(or new car in general) I think a whole new model, not a factory performance package.

>Carrera
>Carrera S
>Carrera GTS
>Carrera Cabriolet
>Carrera S Cabriolet
>Carrera GTS Cabriolet
>Carrera 4
>Carrera 4 Cabriolet
>Carrera 4S
>Carrera 4 GTS
>Carrera 4S Cabriolet
>Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet
>Targa 4
>Targa 4S
>Targa 4 GTS
>Turbo
>Turbo S
>Turbo Cabriolet
>Turbo S Cabriolet
>Turbo S Exclusive Series
>GT3
>GT2 RS

>literally half of the entire roster is nothing but 911 variants

Better than GT5/6 where half of it was miata/rx*/skyline/R35 variants with no differences besides the name

What are you implying? Also you forgot targas.

wtf is this faggotry, I heard mustangs were quite shit but are they literally undrivable?

Or is this the boyracer syndrome like home "tuned" golfs gti and beemers twisted around every tree here in yurop?

Gran Turismo is a Japanese game so i highly doubt they would include obsessive copies of cars from Germany or any non-japanese manufacturer. hell, id be surprised if they included more than 10.

I mean there are differences but small difference you can barely tell.

This is a guy being an idiot.

The only things they haven't done yet are an all terrain 911 and a road-legal hybrid

RE: E3 Veeky Forums related...The Crew 2 was announced and I just want more friggin cities/locations

>Boston
>Philly
>Pittsburgh (dem bridges)
>Jersey/Delaware Shore
>Richmond or Williamsburg, VA
>NC or SC college town
>ATLANTA (dat airport)
>Midwestern or Mountain State college town (maybe Nebraska)
>DENVER
>Some place with corn/wheat fields...Iowa maybe

You get to drive boats, planes, offroad buggies and bikes as well.

> last guy keeps accelerating even after he obviously lost traction
Wtf

Their parent company
>VAG
is probably pushing them to do it.

>meanwhile Forza has always been considered inferior to Gran Turismo
This isn't 2008, son.

This is what happens when you release the same fucking car every year.

You run out of ideas.

Did anyone else notice they finally added FUCKING ANTI-LAG system?

Literally no other game has it.

I've always wondered that about Porsche. It's been the same thing for the last 30 years, only the Boxster in between to jumble things up.

VAG went full retard and now you have new:
>VW
>Seat
>Skoda
>Porsche
generation every fucking year. This is insane really.

I mean, if it makes money it makes money.
I just don't understand the buyer mentality. A Porsche is a Porsche is a Porsche, every single year, the only difference between the trim that stays the same with subsequent 'model updates'.

Call of Duty: The Car

also this rarely do i find that the people who consider one better than the other has owned both consoles to even play both.

I do and personally the sense of speed in GT5/6 feels like shit and i never feel like i'm actually going over 100mph when i'm at 100mph where as in Forza that speed feels closer to the ballpark. Gran Turismo has also been around longer and it was THE go-to console sim-like racer. Forza barely came on the scene in the mid 2000s and by 2011 (Forza 4 was a master piece imo) it was already on par with Gran Turismo (maybe not graphically to match GT's premium cars) and picking up a serious community just lacking in features like rally and day/night cycles and weather which was one of the few things still drawing me towards Gran Turismo.

People would buy those cars anyway. No need to introduce a new gen every fucking year and change the styling because it increases fragmentation. If anything fucks up in your car it's a nightmare to find the specific part from a particular generation because nobody will keep bumpers for Passats of every single gen.

Either you're a person who buys a new one every year (like fucking iphone) and discards the previous, or you buy one and drive it for years because it's a good fucking car.

These cars have no identity at this point. I've always been an autist when it comes to car models but I literally cannot get my shit around all the models Porsche currently has and can't really tell them apart.

>Can't tell them apart

Same. I can tell it's a Porsche, but my interest and thus my knowledge calls it a day at that point. It's a flat 4 or flat 6, with or without a turbo and looks like a beetle. That's all I know.

>Also

It's a cheap RWD car that has a decent amount of power stock and can easily make a lot more. Perfect "babby's first fast car" material.
Couple that with people who have never driven anything with anywhere near as much power, but want to show off what their car can do anyway, and that webm is what you end up with.

Also live rear axle.