Tesla model X, $146,200. , 295 mile range

Tesla model X, $146,200. , 295 mile range

Fisker EMotion, $129000 400 mile range launches in 2019.
Which one gets your אגור

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWwuiG05ZIk
youtube.com/watch?v=ga4L1w66AbU
youtube.com/watch?v=waiE1eso0LE
ecomento.com/2015/03/10/nimh-batteries-will-have-10-times-more-energy-density-basf/
carbuzz.com/news/2017/5/8/Tesla-Wants-To-Lower-Your-Expectations-For-The-Model-3-7739084/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>400 mile range
[x]doubt

What language are you speaking?

>buying a crossover with stupid doors?
>Priceless

yet more vaporware e-cars which scam investors out of money since they claim to be the next Tesla.

Fisker's previous company went bankrupt in 2013 you know.. also, 9 min charging? heh.

It's funny, in most articles about this there is serious shilling in the comments. Seems to be some sort of something going on

penny
פֶּנִי, אֲגוֹרָה

it's possible to do 9 minute charging, but the charge will be dangerous and the batteries will lose life much faster. constant trickle charge and slow discharge are best for batteries

not to mention going only to what, 90% or so charge? Fully charging isn't that good for it

A little unscripted speculation on the upcoming Fisker Emotion and its graphene batteries @2.:18
youtube.com/watch?v=PWwuiG05ZIk
B.S Most likely,
Also Fisker designed the Model S.

is that why the current model has no face? they removed the moustache?

If I was rich enough to buy one of these and felt a pressing need to get one to show off to my other rich friends in order to remain accepted as one of them, I'd probably by the Fisker because I don't like crossovers or Teslas and I like how there isn't much body in front of the wheels because it's electric and doesn't need that, but I would probably like it a lot more if I didn't have to risk a shoulder injury trying to open the doors. I also wish it was called something else but it's a better name than their other car they decided to name after self-righteous poetic justice.

most of what kills batteries during fast charging is heat, which is why teslas turn on their cooling system during supercharging.

if the cooling system can have super high capacity to keep the batteries below 70F during even like several kilowatt charging they'll be alright, but it's hard to take heat way that fast from non metallic battery insides

How far do the Tesla 1865 discharge to, I know it's below industry standards.

Tesla Model X: real car

Fisker EMotion: imaginary car

actually, fast charging will still hurt the battery. the core of the battery cells will degrade faster than the outside when they are cooled, leading to a large portion of the cell performing poorly and holding less engery. the cooling mostly helps keep it from doing physical damage like ballooning out and/or exploding.

Now they're rolling out the 2170. A bit fatter, but 50% more energy dense. Wish they would make a thin version for flashlight enthusiasts, but whatever

the wider geometry allows for higher charge/discharge I believe

Aren't they trying to make electric mainstream? Why the memedoors? They have to be more expensive than conventional.

What are you trying to show me?

There isn't going to be a Tesla beater popping up from on of these overpromising concept car makers. Tesla was willing to endure billions of losses to make the infrastructure, develop the tech, and build the customer base positioning themselves at the front of the EV market. It's obviously not possible for some rinky dink companies with Chinese investors that only want to make money, a few marketers, and maybe 3 engineers that were all fired from Tesla to come up with secret tech that's going to jump way ahead of Tesla out of nowhere.

Chinese ran through Google translate 10 times

This is when Fisker himself was part of the company. The car failed miserably and the company was taken over by Chinese

I wonder what the model Y factory will look like/where it will be. Fremont isn't exactly the best location or design for the sort of stuff tesla wants to do, i.e. the "soda-can" fast production speed

Well, it might still be in CA since like half their sales are from there but..

I know, but I also know that they allow their batteries to discharge below industry standards....
Laptop computer batteries (the most made Lion battery type) Lucky , or good call.

the simple reason for other EV companies trying to get in in the high-end market is that it's just too late to do any volume of cars to compete with tesla in the medium end...

>shit crossover with retarded doors and nearly the same ground clearance than the sedan

£47,000 (an “official” 180 miles is claimed)

BYD is the largest maker of cell phone batteries.....?

youtube.com/watch?v=waiE1eso0LE

Why do you think Mercedes bailed. They have NO TECH, they just use laptop batteries (lots of them).

stop owning shares == abandoning ship
no, it just means those companies are making moves to be more direct competitors

Merc cars had Tesla tech, why go through Tesla when all they do is use Panasonic battery's. Shit just get batteries from Panasonic your self , cut out the middle man.

>Why do you think Mercedes bailed.
Because they are ending the B class, which Tesla made the drivetrains and batteries for

>They have NO TECH, they just use laptop batteries (lots of them).
Sure, Koenigsegg has no tech, they just use gasoline. Mercedes has no tech, they just use rubber tires.

So they invested just cause they made B Class drive trains, When they first Invested did the B Class exist...
THEY HAVE NO TECH, except from cooling and allowing their Panasonic batteries to discharge to a lower rate than industry standards. Oh and that funky door handle thing (made in China, outsourced to Vietnam)
You seem smarter than me , but I don't think you are getting what I am trying to say.
>No Big player will copy Tesla cause it's like building a car then buying the complete drive train from someone else.
Fuck that !

They have 104 battery patents , but still buy 2170's from Panasonic. Ok

Listen to me habibi

actual patents, or those bullshit pending ones?

graphene is meme

no one can mass produce it in large sizes.

Don't know, just saying they have nothing new to offer that's why the big players are ignoring them.
>build a car then buy $10 grand of batteries from some other company....
fuck that that's $10 grand lost, can't even get money back from maintenance, or repairs.
This is great for a start up, you don't have to design and test a drive train .

Give me all your pencils and all your scotch tape, and I will make you my bitch.
>yes you are right.

The next big thing.
My idea screenshot this page.

>if you ain't burning gas
>you ain't hauling ass
If I want to ride a soulless electric shitbox I'll ride the scootypuffs at WalMart

Tesla didn't loose billions...it's on the receiving end of US Govn't subsidies, tax breaks, the whole 9 fucking yards...
With the US pulling out of the climate accord, I expect Tesla, Solar City and the Battery plant to go bankrupt shortly after...

Tesla factory was owned by Toyota, who needed to offload it. Which is why Tesla also got a Toyota plant designer to help them out.

>You seem smarter than me
To be fair you don't set the bar very high. Not sure where you generated the thought that the only technology in an electric car is the in the individual cell, it's no different than saying all gasoline cars are the same because they use the same gasoline, which I said once but I guess it didn't stick. Why not go a step further though? Panosonic uses lithium from Tianqi, why not just go buy raw lithium from them?

>With the US pulling out of the climate accord, I expect Tesla, Solar City and the Battery plant to go bankrupt shortly after...
Well considering the accord had nothing to do with any subsidy or tax break those companies received in the past or could have received in the future that's a strange expectation. Not surprisingly it's not shared by anyone who has any clue about how the world actually works, considering Tesla stock has had a booming rise after the US dropped out of the accord.

pencil lead is graphite mixed in a clay.

Still it's a third party, that's Why BYD interests me THEY are a battery maker Lipo, and a car maker., perfect.
>then that GTR kamikazed one of their electric taxis, and the shit tier interior (made in China) caught fire and the battery got the blame

The battery in a modern electric car is the single most expensive component, but you don't make that component You by it from someone else.
>this would be like Ford buying drivtrains from GM for the Mustang.

You don't know about the subsidies they've gotten from the EPA? Really?
>Not surprisingly it's not shared by anyone who has any clue about how the world actually works
It's a fucking Ponzi scheme ya twat...he gets Govn't munnies for 'research', 'clean energy investment'...

Do you understand how few components in any modern car is actually made by the manufacturer? Almost nobody does their own casting anymore. Certainly nobody does their own plastics. Seats, control modules, air conditioning systems, brake systems, etc. haven't been made by manufacturers for decades. "cutting out the middleman" does not offer benefits to the degree of mass scale.

>this would be like Ford buying drivtrains from GM for the Mustang.

How many more stupid comparisons can you come up with? How is a single cell comparable to an entire drivetrain (which, surprise, is made mostly by 3rd party manufacturers if you look down to the individual components on both of those cars)

>subsidies they've gotten from the EPA?
>Paris accord
Why do you think these things are related? You've read the first paragraph of two news articles, a few Veeky Forums posts, and filled in the rest of the massive gaps with your tiny brain which is not capable of even understanding this simple issue.

Battery swap tech that they never intended to use. Think they needed to make it,to qualify for subsides, there is an artical where an Tesla exec says they never had any intention of implementing it

1,200 lbs of batteries made by someone else. IS NOT A SINGLE CELL

Or the lowest bidder making parts I have patents and and THEY can only sell to me?
> This is why the big boys are not playing, bad biz model.
Now this!!!!!!!
In 2014 the patents expire on large format NiMH batteries, The Prius now is available with NiMH Batteries , the first Prius had these but Chevron had them stop using them.
If Tesla used these I would be all in.

>NiMH Batteries
Work OK for hybrids but are bad for pure electric. They are heavier, can't be charged as quickly, and do not last as long.

>If Tesla used these I would be all in.
If Tesla used those they would not exist anymore, but fortunately they employ people that know what they are doing to design and engineer cars instead of dipshits like you on the internet that though about electric cars for 5 minutes one time.

That's why Basf is working on them
NiMH batteries will have 10 times more energy density: BASF
ecomento.com/2015/03/10/nimh-batteries-will-have-10-times-more-energy-density-basf/

Cool, BASF should hire you to make their electric cars (since no successful car company would buy cells from a 3rd party)

So gm or ford should go all electric and buy batteries from Panasonic, Walk away from all that maintenance money and lose 15% of your margin, cause you have to buy patented tech from a third party. Yeah I've thought about it for about 5 minutes.
No patents lower cos.... JESUS FUCK REALLY

most of them do, though.

The First Tesla Model 3 Will Only Come With Two Choices And Zero Options. What color you want and what size wheels, at least for the initial production,"
carbuzz.com/news/2017/5/8/Tesla-Wants-To-Lower-Your-Expectations-For-The-Model-3-7739084/

That's the nice thing about having 370,000 preorders. Someone somewhere will wants any of the configurations. Thus they can ramp up smoothly

My question is, why would you buy either of these when a WRX STI exists?

182,115 cars sold worldwide
Dec 5, 2016

((()))

Bbbut b bbbut trump is literally HITLER!

REEEEEEEEEEE!

assuming they make it

God that Tesla is ugly as shit.