/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 10th:
837 – Halley's Comet makes its closest approach to Earth at a distance equal to 0.0342 AU (5.1 million kilometres/3.2 million miles).
1500 – Ludovico Sforza is captured by Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
1741 – War of the Austrian Succession: Prussia gains control of Silesia at the Battle of Mollwitz.
1809 – Napoleonic Wars: The War of the Fifth Coalition begins when forces of the Austrian Empire invade Bavaria.
1815 – The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth's climate for the next two years.
1941 – World War II: The Axis powers establish the Independent State of Croatia.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403025031
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>five seconds

BASED

What's that horrible map mod?

Pick my instrument, /gsg/

Does Mandate of Heaven have any major bugs? Should I wait for a hotfix?

white

Pomerania

this europe is extremely disgusting

Who cares as long as the mod is good?

W&B

It's a meme mod lad.

How do I get good, I don't understand what I'm doing in war at all.

Fixed mystics and monks WHEN

What game

It's surprisingly bug free, I can't think of anything wrong with it.

why are you playing it

>/civ4xg/ complains about the /gsg/
>Come here
>The shitposting here is better than the pseudo intellectualism there

I'm not that guy and he's probably playing it because he's the creator of the mod

What shitposting?

Memes.
Also, vanilla is cancer.

S-shut up
>tfw your 4 ironman Byzantine saves get corrupted

all of them

Before or after I randomly turn Feudal?

There's no mention in either feature screen of Anarchy, or of instantly turning Feudal on ruler death.

But there are much better map mods out there like that one that actually fixes latitudes and shit

Just play and learn the ropes, it can take a while but you eventually understand. Start by the simple games like EU4 or CK2. Tutorials are horrible but if you fiddle around long enough you can learn. Fuck I learnt HoI3 that way.

screen of anarchy?

desu tribes shouldn't even be in

I actually like it, it reminds me of WWI era maps for some reason.
Probably something to do with the gothic text
Anyway, what would you recommend.

They promised that shit WEEKS ago

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403025031

What's the verdict on Mandate?
Should I buy it?

>buying DLC
>ever

>buying
w e w
e
w

That feel when no map mod with Mercator projection.

None of you boys pirate video games, right?

>not supporting companies
Enjoying your no games in the future lad

>buy
Don't buy Paradox DLC.
>p-p-poorfag!
I probably have enough liquid capital to buy your entire house so don't start.

See

>paradox going out of business
>bad
I can only w e w so many times lad

It doesn't crash, it restarts, that's intended behavior.

How can you make the nations in your sphere the same goverment as yours in HPM without going to war?

Maybe we'll get a competitor and Paradox will finally have to stop charging 15 dollars or whatever it is for the DLC without the "content pack".

>not wanting videogames
Why are you here?

>boys

>killing the only producer will get a competitor
Flawless logic

You can't

nope. only DLCs

It's less about not wanting videogames and more about wanting videogames that are actually good and reasonably priced. I reserve my right as a potential customer to refuse to seal the deal and reject their transaction.
>then don't pirate
Pirating comes at low risk and provides an alternative to buying something. Up the risk (i.e. expected costs) if you want me to stop.

>flawless logic
At the very least, flagging profits may induce them to change their business model.
Look here m8, I don't know about you, but after the utter rubbish that is HoI IV I'm not sure I want Victoria III or Europa V from this company if it maintains the current trend.

>anarchy
>form of government
while it's neat anarchy isn't a government

>implying girls are autistic enough to play and enjoy grand strategy

I think in this case it's just a more formal term for saying """"""Government""""".

what screen did you want then?

I call it a sub-type of government because where it's says anarchy now, it used to say Germanic Chiefdom.

>At the very least, flagging profits may induce them to change their business model.
Yes, probably to the MOBA or phone market.

How do you expect Paradox to create more games and content if you don't buy all the games and the DLCs. Don't you want more Paradox games? These poor starving programmers need your money. Pirating is worse than pedophilia and you should feel bad.

1. Everyone on Veeky Forums is a little girl
2. realisitically, there are women who play GS; way fewer, to be sure, but I grew up with one so I'd know.

>probably to the MOBA or phone market
Not my concern, considering Hearts of Iron IV is sliding that way already [while] they're making a fat fucking profit margin. I'm not interested in CK III if it's going to slide that far; AoE II and Civ IV remain enjoyable, I have my alternatives.

>You can't
Shit, good thing that a fascist coup on Austria happened and they wanted me to annex them, can this happen with other countries in Central/Easteen Europe?

It's good, but China is overpowered as fuck and it's way too pricey for a handful of minor features.

If they have the same culture as you
That's why they petitioned for annexation

how are you my white lad from another lad

>China is overpowered
All is as it should be.

>ut China is overpowered as fuck
So it's historical?

Fuck, so you cant annex Czechoslovakia? They have plenty of Germans, and will Ukraine invade Crimea if nobody has it in its sphere?

>som autist pirating DLC will make a 100 million U$ company go bankrupt
I will never understand you paradrones.

Played eu1 or eu2 on a lan with my brother and sister once.

Read some blog that was linked here ages ago about some chick playing eu3 or eu4.

Probably a very low % of grand strat players that are girls, but if a woman is into history and into gaming they may very well get into grand strat games.

My sister isn't very good at video games, but she's drawn to thematic genres, she isn't into history, but fantasy, so she'll play strategy games as long as they are about fantasy, so homm, warcraft, age of wonders.

Well really it's not this expacs fault, it's Institutions. China is more powerful than the Ottomans and India is as powerful as the HRE. They're never behind in tech at all and they get rich provinces and huge forcelimits.

Because it was the wrong thread.

That's part of the ledger I believe, only mods I'm running are the map graphics mods.

Apparently Ming can also support all that upkeep with the world's largest navy and it doesn't need production when it has the entire continent of trade and taxation. As well as being able to get 10% discipline to counteract any +50% shock and +50% fire damage on top of being able to get +10% infantry combat ability from their emperor decrees.

>no bump after posting an image
>the guy posting the mememod is the OP
>playing Reed's mememod
wew Reed at least pretend you are not the one shitposting about HPM and the only person playing your mememod
This is sad

Not him but the problem is that it does a really fucking bad job of simulating internal rot, and since development = institutions and China has almost infinite fucking wealth, China will almost never fall behind anyone. In fact, in my latest game (playing as Japan), China was fucking AHEAD of Europe by 1600 by like three tech levels.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

You can, by force. Only countries in your culture group and if you are a union tag will ask for annexation. Like Italian minors for Italy and German minors for Germany.

if i buy vic 2 can i pirate the dlc?

Don't think so but Vicky II xpacs actually deserve your money.

>buying anything from paradox

post this qtie

its just so i can play mp easily

If historical entails Ming surviving until 1812 instead of the regular 1644 historical then sure it's """historical""".

Manufactories, starting in coastal china, spread to and was embraced by the Ottomans, before it spread enough in japan to even allow me to embrace it. 10/10

>he didn't build manufactories and embrace the institution almost instantly

You have only yourself to blame. Make sure you don't miss the next institution, start building universities now.

i never asked for this

I just thought people might be interested is all. HPM gets boring after 500 hours.

Jebus

Manufactories should spread within your own lands anyway.

Even as a horde where I neglected infrastructure and relied on gold mines I still had it spread domestically through my manufactories.

Dammit, also, both Galicia Lodomeria and Poland exist, shouldnt I be able to do something? This also applies to Ukraine and Crimea

that's why you made an earlier thread just to replace hpm's pastebin with the pastebin you use to spam the thread?

That's coincidental.

You need to do that retard, you are the OP

please help the sale ends soon

Not him but how do you know he's OP? Where does this legend of "OP can't bump his own thread" come from? OP can bump his thread as soon as someone else posts in it, the only thing he can't do is a 'lonely bump'.

>Where does this legend of "OP can't bump his own thread" come from?
First 100 posts OP can't bump his own thread. That's common knowledge if you aren't a newfag, reed.

Except it's just not true unless they changed it within the past year, I've literally shamelessly bumped my own thread at like the fifth post before (because it was /eagg/ during a dead period). I've had people on /a/ tell me that each IP can only bump once too, or that you can only bump after 50 posts (I've bumped my own threads before), absurdly enough. OP can bump threads after someone else posts.

Two wars left including this one.

>Except it's just not true
It is. Go make a random thread in Veeky Forums and try to bump it, reed.

>reed
I'm not reed.
>make a random thread
I like to think I'm not part of the /gsg/ cancer that makes many threads early and fucks up ded threds
>try to bump it
It only works if someone else posts.

Sure you aren't, reed.

Why is there so little Byzaboos here? they are cooler than muh slav countries and muh germanium.

Just clean up those nomads and swallow Lithuania, and you'd have a pretty neat pan-Orthodox empire.

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4

alternative ireland

blease