Well hello, and welcome again to MotorWeek! We're glad to have you with us. Today...

Well hello, and welcome again to MotorWeek! We're glad to have you with us. Today, on this very special episode of MotorWeek, we're not looking at cars, but rather car culture. And what's a better place to explore car culture than Veeky Forums! Yes, beneath its politically-fields exterior, the infamous website of the alt-right has a surprising affinity for automobiles. Let's check it out.

have a classic John

>shows a scene of an area of a bunch Veeky Forumstist with random shitboxes and a small amount of clean and nice cars
>another scene of people showing up on foot,bike and a big group walking out of a bus and that one guy that shows up in a motorcycle

Are we all wearing mustaches and mullets John?

When we met our selection of car enthusiasts from Veeky Forums, we were surprised to find that most of them don't even own a car! And those who do typically drive an old and beat-up econobox. Let's ask around and see why these car enthusiasts don't have the cars to match their personalities.

The best, and worst car show on tv at the same time.

Top fuckin kek. Keep going...

>Well John, I consider myself a purist which means that I won't drive anything that doesn't offer a manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. Since my funding is limited, because I have no job, prospects, success, or income, I can't have the Lexus LFA that I desire, but I settled for what I perceive to be just as adequate: a 1990 Mazda Miata 1.6 manual with 200,000 miles that I bought for $1500 that I saved up from the government checks they send me for my "disability"

Please do G/o/ss's garage!!
I shall wait patiently

What we found was that most of them don't have jobs! Instead, they rely on government disability checks to fund their cars. This isn't helped by the fact that they tend to be very particular about what cars they will and won't drive. A manual transmission is imperative for most, as is rear-wheel-drive - both quite antiquated in this day and age. That leads us to another sticking point among these "Anons" - and that's the age of the cars they drive. Most of the Anons we've talked to express strong disdain for the safe, fuel-efficient, and reliable cars of today. They prefer the gas-guzzling, unreliable transportation of yesteryear. Pretty ironic, considering that most of them are on tight budgets and aren't necessarily prepared for the financial burden of constant refueling and maintenance!

Bump for more john

I think John wants us to contribute as well.

>I bought a 1997 Toyota Corolla DX, manual of course, because Toyota is the greatest manufacturer that ever lived, even this simple piece of engineering is a better made car than what manufacturers try to pawn off as vehicles nowadays

You get an "A" for effort on this shitposting OP.

But most Veeky Forums does have a car, that's been confirmed. You're right about them being shitboxes for 50% of Veeky Forums, though.

>I bought a 94 EG Civic Hatch because I can smoke most anything on the road with a few simple mods, when I'm not fixing THE FUCKING POWER WINDOWS REGULATOR WHICH HAS BROKEN ON ME THREE TIMES THIS YEAR

How about you just replace the fucking assemlby, or swap it out with a crank window. You could easily find a parts car with the necessary door panel and crank. Power windows are a royal nigger sometimes.

>driving to Florida with parents years ago
>taking our Honda Ridgeline """truck"""
>cross over border at New York
>CBP officer asks us to roll down rear window so he can see inside
>takes a 2 second peek, OK move on through
>window won't go back up
>oh jesus
>window refuses to budge
>pull over, spend 45 minutes troubleshooting to find that nothing is blown or broken
>no dealerships can see us because it's Saturday and they're too busy
>have to tape garbage bag over perfectly intact, but non-functioning window
>drive from New York to Florida with this fucking bag buffeting in the wind the whole goddamn time
>have to empty out entire car when we get there because niggers exist
>finally see dealership in Florida two days after arriving

Fuck. Rolly windows pls.

not getting what this thread is about
Seriously, get the fuck out

Veeky Forums is too young to know what it was like to watch MotorWeek on Speedvision

>beneath its politically-fields exterior, the infamous website of the alt-right
I think that out of everything that's ever been a major cultural shift on Veeky Forums, this is probably it

We're no longer losers or outcasts or people who did shit "for the lulz" we're the home of the alt right now and a politically driven website. This is what people actually believe

Eat my ass old man.

They try to vilify what they don't understand, also news and leftists got butthurt and vilification again

Oh the feels they're coming back again.

I am laughing uncontrollably.

Many of these Anons have preferences towards Japanese cars. They tout their superior reliability and performance - yet they are still keen on admitting any flaws their cars might have. This proves that much of the car culture on Veeky Forums is fueled by brand loyalty and aesthetics, rather than practicality or reliability - certainly an interesting characteristic considering the aforementioned socio-economic status of Veeky Forums's userbase. But let's hear what those who drive domestic cars have to say about them. After that we'll listen to the large European userbase to gain insight on what the European user prefers - and why.

>No replacement for displacement

Veeky Forums is an anime imageboard John

lmao holy shit

>Well John, let me tell hyewut, First On Race Day, General Mayhem, and Mostly Old Parts And Rust is first and foremost Amurican. Best country in the world, praise Jeebus Chribst in his name Lord we pray. Also gun racks

My 2003 Cheby Silverado I bought new has 318,000 miles on it; original everything except the alternator and a few batteries of course. Weebfags just take pride in their little shitboxes because they're poor and can't afford anything new.

I forgot to mention, they obsess over childish shit like anime, and therefor naturally choose japshit.

>Well, John, I've got illusions of grandeur and want people to think I'm richer and more refined than my white trash childhood, so I spent 18k of my military paycheck on a used BMW because of course I did. Sure, the cool-kids that I REALLY wish I was hip with will know it's no racecar, but at least I can smile soundly at night knowing I can eBully the busriders on Veeky Forums and earn the admiration of the most casual car lovers

Ja, est John? Alo from zie Deutchesland! Zie biggest reazon Europeanz ez fanz of European carz ez zie zadizm aspect of ownership ez wat getz mein ßheise going!

>Well John, I bought my '95 mustang last year and in that time I've had to replace both the distributer and starter. And even though the rear loses traction at the first drop of rain, I love driving it because it's Manuel, RWD and most importantly has a vee-ate

I'm here now with one of these Anons and he's been telling me all about why he and many other Anons only buy American. He says that American cars are just as reliable as the imports - if you keep up with maintenance, that is! He also points out the availability of rear-drive and V8 power - two things that the Japanese never paid much attention to. Now we'll turn our attention to the European Anons - and those who buy European brands.

>ja, i dont cee why ze americans are so opzessed wiss hoarsepower if zey cant take zeir cars on ze autobahn to max zem. Nussing can beat me and mein BMW

>it seems these Anons are too poor to buy decent tires

>obligatory twingopost

>M-muh hearta anda muh soula, Giovanni, thatsa da reasona why peoplea prefera da European cah

lol look at this loser having a meltdown

Now we see the importance of aesthetics come into play as we talk to some of the Anons from across the pond. They don't seem to be as concerned with horsepower as their American counterparts, instead choosing European brands primarily for their brand recognition. The same is true with American Anons who drive European cars - they perceive them as more prestigious than American or Japanese brands. And with big names like BMW and Mercedes-Benz being European, it's easy to see why!
[spoiler]Sorry, all out of reasonable-resolution John Davis images and too lazy to find more. Also holy fuck, I really shouldn't be getting writer's block this soon. If someone else wants to be John for a while, I don't mind.[/spoiler]

BOO THIS MAN
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know the feel bruh... getting into greentexting is hardwr than i thought at first