>tfw my first time being dbt's OP.

Y
E
S

>Tfw you will NEVER have a year one gsxr750

>tfw ordering from China

Hey guys.
May i ride with you?

I'd rather ride with scooters and trikes.

Only if you ride next to kit kat.

Why does the hipster have a helm on his key chain?

I may have gone full autistic someone let me know if I'm too far gone.

Yesterday, I went to test ride a bike and was told that "motorcycle dealers" don't do test rides in New York. I called a few others from my work phone today and got told the same when I asked if I could schedule a test ride.

Today I doxed a huge swath of Yamaha Motors employees since Yamaha doesn't have a simple bleeding e-mail contact point.

I'm down in my cups right now halfway through a long diatribe about why this is terrible and what can I fucking do to ride a fucking bike before I buy it.

Is it way too over the top to blast these poor dozen or so souls with my drunk ramblings about the state of purchasing a motorcycle on Long Island.

Youre an autistic moron.
Its a fucking bike. If you like the specs. Buy it and stfu

Are you too young to testride?

Nope, 30 years old, licensed and everything.

I don't look or talk like a shitbag, I'm finally making enough to where I feel comfortable buying a new bike.

For some reason every Yamaha Dealer on the Island claims they don't do test rides, some bullshit about insurance and liability, yet Harley and Triumph do....

I'd rather ride with a pack of cyclists, at least they could do wheelies.

Hey brothers,
Can we ride with you?

What's the girly Harley model again and aren't they generally the cheaper ones?
plz no bully i know harleys are shit but i want one just for the sake of it.

Sportsters

Don't bother even looking at them

Why?

Negative
Soft tail is a chick bike. Or the street 500.

Because they are Harleys.

Insanely short range. Around 60 miles to empty.
Zero power
Very heavy
Cramped and uncomfortable
Cant turn for shit.

Look at OLD harleys
Or just get a honda shadow. The shadow 500 is faster and rides better than the sportster 883

I lost pic related after a chain slack adjustment. Anyone know where I can find one? 2008 Yamaha FZ-6.

Yamaha dealer

disregarding post, refer back to:
>i know harleys are shit but i want one just for the sake of it.
Also not my only motorbike.
>Insanely short range. Around 60 miles to empty.
>Zero power
>Very heavy
>Cramped and uncomfortable
>Cant turn for shit.
One of my goals is to turn it from a turd into a bird. Obviously i need an older sportster. The new ones look like trash.

Just get a scout

Older ones are worse.
I had a 1986.
Rode it 3 or 4 times before i sold it.
Couldnt get rid of it fast enough

Scooters are allright.

And I don't know about the States/Europistan, but here in Brazil all the tough guys in leather jackets riding loud cruiser are pretty cool dudes.

What exactly was wrong with it?
I know people generally trash Harleys (they deserve to be honestly) but a lot of people can't really list specific problems.

Insanely short range. Around 60 miles to empty.
Zero power
Very heavy
Cramped and uncomfortable
Cant turn for shit

Forgot to mention the horrible vibration and constant oil leaks.

Guess i'll be getting a sportster then since they seem to be fairly cheap.

>cheap
Cuz they suck and no one wants them

Scout > sportster

That would explain why so many people but them right?

The break-in period is killing me, I just want to redline this bad boy.

I really don't care about fat indians.
good, that makes them cheap.

>Dumb people buy cheap things.
Yup

Fat Indian compared to a Harley, is that a new meme

then do it you faggot what do you think is going to happen?
it's just a liability to make sure the rings are seated as good as possible before you ring it out.

As in they look like obese harleys.
Rest assured i will not ever entertain the though of purchasing an Indian.

I see you have no idea what you're talking about. Have fun with buyers remorse, buddy

I'm just following suzuki's recommended method. After 800 kilometres I can go to 10k. The stealership man said I should use the full rev range a couple times.

enjoy your reservation injun.

I'm buying a Harley as a project bike, there's no point to an injun
Engines are broken in at the factory or dealership.
You think anyone is going to force a customer to sit at 2k rpm for 20 minutes minimum to make sure the lifters are mated unless they wipe their camshaft smooth?

They did actually. It seems like they basically they raised the bike the same amount as they lowered the pegs so it can still use the same amount of tire.

Someone say scout?!?!?

I don't understand what you're saying, but you're supposed to vary the revs and not sit at X rpm for too long.

Sweet trailer fenders

Huh?

What i mean is you can't let it drop below 2k rpm in an actual engine brake in. You also shouldn't be putting load on it either. That's how you know it's already broken in.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBD-rFP7q9c

>Engines are broken in at the factory or dealership
Source or you're a faggot because that contradicts literally everything on the internet.
That being said semi hard break in is correct, plenty of people pussy foot about it and don't seat the rings and then burn oil.

>rattling at high RPM coming from somewhere near front of my bike
>mfw

im s-scared...

Hey guys, got a bike 3 months back

I have a daily commute of 30~ miles (60 both way) mainly on the highway, and I had a few close calls where cars start merging into me and feel spooked, I ride around town but still.

My coworker suggested getting a louder exhaust so cars hear me around them, but right now I need you to give me confidence senpai

also pic is my baiku

Go watch any manufacturer bike assembly and testing videos.
They run the bikes in on a dyno. Redline every gear.

Break in should be high load with low RPM

High load causes the rings to expand and seat
Low rpm keeps things settled until everything is seated

Well the bikes are assembled and tested in Japan so they've been run at least once, but I don't believe in redlining straight away.

is it your keys?

>Source or you're a faggot
The fact that your camshaft lobes aren't perfect circles after 70 miles is all the proof you need.

Just assume every single car on the road can not see you and if they can see you they actively want you dead and you will be fine.

I know this australian guy who uses a Yellow Honda Metropolitan as a pit bike, it's got a cooler attached to it and a Yoshi pipe.

This user is right. That's what I do and usually I'm ready for the fuckery to happen so I can accelerate out of the way or brake.

You do know most modern bike engines are designed to be broken in at normal running speeds?
And running them in at anything but causes damage to the bore/piston/rings and a short life for all three.

Loud exhaust won't help when the cars are in front of you. Best bet is to be very aware and ride like cars are out to get you. And give em a ole honk when they inevitably try to merge through you. Use the bikes agility to your advantage.

Loud exhaust is overrated.
I have a cruiser thats all stock and like that its quiet. Just be mindful and an aggressive rider if need be

My bad, I've been assuming a flat tappet break in procedure this whole time but I've just remembered nobody uses flat tappets anymore except maybe Honda

ADVENTURE BIKE IS BEST BIKE

Even most Hondas are the same these days there are a few cruisers and scooters they still flat tappet break in though

adv a best

Riding hard IS what seats the rings faggot. It's liability so you don't crash the bike like a noob. Ride it hard as you wish. It's guud. It's proven. Not disputed. Ask this guy...
dynotechresearch.com
Ask any engine builder who does dump break in. You think they run the engine like a pussy for 500 miles? Full warm-up, then run the living duck out of it. Same way you break in a virgin. Just don't hit the cervix too hard.

>Honda cruisers
Yes please

you don't need that

Agree

>Riding hard IS what seats the rings faggot.
Yes, i know
now read:

>check map
>nobody in MD
Oh well.

Has anyone on /dbt/ gone XC yet? I was thinking of checking out more on advrider but I'm not the type for forum handles.

I've got a chunk of change that I could use to buy a used dual sport bike, or since summer would be almost done with by the time I'm cleared for 4 weeks vacation I might wait for spring 2018 and just enjoy my more expensive theoretical bike around local areas.

Is 5'10" (king of manlets) too small for XR650l?

My brothers.

Sorry bro but Maryland is junk (i live on the border)

lmao

Honda cruisers you say?

Im in va, so kinda close

I know. On the bright side, living in west MD isn't bad, I'm only 40 minutes away from some decent /out/ings. Normally I rock a Suzuki samurai that I rebuilt last summer, but I feel like a bike would let me get closer to nature, as lame as that sounds. I might grab some cheap camera off Craigslist to document my late 20s identity crisis.

tfw no Samurai

>Indian and a white helmet
Are you me?

>tfw not even cruiserfag but love the scout
perfect size, stylish and weighty-looking without being minivan-of-bikes tier like the fully faired monsters

If youve got a v65 magna disassembled in your garage you would be me.

Im not much of a gear queer or a Veeky Forumsggot but hot damn Id like a brown leather jacket to match.

Chief classic is where it's at.

But might get a scout just to have one

Cheep jeeps my friend, get one from outside the rust belt if you can, and rust proof it quick

How about having a vtx as well?

>read this post
>click update
>page starts loading

How do you keep a spare helmet strapped to your sportbike dbt?

I can't seem to rig it up to be on their tight so it doesn't bounce around in the wind.

Huh?

Maybe someday.

Im still neck deep in this magna project.

fucking stupid ass Veeky Forums

I hit update and it took me to /lgbt/ for some ungodly reason, so i called you a queer.

The red classic with the windshield removed is sex on two wheels.

Vtx is fun to do hoodrat shit on.

Ahh. Understandable. Ill.have a drink for your frustration

Classic don't come with a windshield, vintage do boo

Just got my orders. Next PCS is going to Nellis AFB in NV, so if any Las Vegas br/o/s here wanna ride, I should be out in like mid September.

battery is dead and it needs a clutch

hold me Veeky Forums

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6160625082.html
come get it

>seattle
I don't travel to politically unstable regions.

Just a picture of me as a kid at my dad's antique motorcycle restoration shop. Anyone in central FL into vintage bikes should know my old man.

Can you tell a dbt poster by their bike?

Do you believe more than 50% of dbt posters are larping nobikes?

What's the best way to remove a stripped bolt? My battery died and I need to take off the screw to replace it