teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strange
youtube.com/watch?v=lU1Qg1oWqz4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829551102
youtu.be/SPyjgl36fN4
youtu.be/ICgoKMG-CC0
youtu.be/12Jmi6ztNgg
youtube.com/watch?v=0SWBCyOhDRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xth

Daily reminder to report, hide, and ignore any and all shitposting. Also, stop making threads early just because you don't want pyro fetish shit in the OP.

Why do I feel like shit/ empty after finishing a story, even if it had a good ending?

remember to post your tf2g butt in

post FAST men

Hes real spooky. Just in time for easter.

Don't mind me, just stirring up controversy.

Spy mains will unironically defend this post-Gun Mettle cloak.

spy fix

+hp buffed to 150
+stock sapper now destroys buildings twice as fast if the engineer who built them is dead and doesn't reduce revolver damage vs buildings
+knives now swing at jag speed
-invisibility watch now no longer offers a 20% damage resist while active but this stat is retained for the cloak and fagger
-deadringer now no longer increases speed when hit and only reduces damage taken by 70% but the damage resistance stays for the entire duration of the cloak and also the fire immunity is removed
-ambassador moved to sniper class as a secondary

>sniper's ambassador has his kangaroo wife engraved onto it

>sniper gets the ambassador
>can equip that and the huntsman

lol the last time i played this game I was 12 and Nelson Mandela was still in prison, anyways just remember that the government is spraying chemicals in the air to keep us complacent, and that we are all Israeli children united under BABYLON

It's been nearly a year now. Why does this still happen?

The journey is better then the destination.

What the fuck is that thread

shitposting while high on Dotsy

What are /tf2g/s thoughts on it?

boring

okay for the first ~150 hours, but gets dull incredibly fast after you realize there are only seven viable heros and one viable team comp

>spy
>pyro
>heavy(outside of capping last point)
Are these viable in competitive tf2?

Got really boring after my friends stopped playing

Then I played comp and got cancer

I'm talking casual. Aside from Dota 2, all competitive games have a very strict samey meta. In TF2 casual, it's a 200% fun-allowed clusterfuck. In Overwatch casual it's also meta dictated and samey. TF2 has many weapons that change a class' playstyle such as the eyelander or gunslinger. In Overwatch, you have 24 heros whom are all simple to learn and master each playing one specific role without much flexibility.

also, no map choice and map pool consisting of

>187 hour spy: i love f2p cow mangler
How do you respond to this?

Is it cheesy if I say I like all of your loadouts?

I especially like your pyro and

your heavy and spy the most out of all

Yet another name in a growing list of failed tf2 competitors. I find it quite shocking that a 9 year old game can go toe to toe with a well shilled and crafted Blizzard ip and come out better than it went in.

>only 187 hours

call him out on being a noob

See, nowadays when I see people with sub500 hours and are actually somewhat decent at the game, I just assume they're hackers. Wasn't using amby, though, and I hardly got to spectate him, so couldn't be sure.

What does it mean when an item is "strange"?
Just that it has a nice orange label on it and it's a bit uncommon?

Placeholder game I play until TF2 eventually updates.

It's TF2 for retards.

Tracks kills. The actual "strange" title will change as it levels up. Source: The TF2 wiki, I suggest you check there next time.

t. newfag
It means it counts kills or other shit, and you can put strange parts on it to count extra shit if it's a weapon or a cosmetic

hownew.ru

strange weapons track how many kills you've gotten, strange cosmetics count the umber of points.
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Strange

Explains why it's so popular. People don't want complexity and depth in their video games. They want something they can boot up and frag noobs in all night before they get back to classes or work or whatever. Same goes for movies and books, and entertainment in general. People don't want to think, they want to be entertained.

tfw finally level 100
the influx of hackers lately makes me not even want to play, desu, otherwise idve gotten there sooner

Forget getting anywhere close to level 18 in casual, hackers are 20 times worse there. How Uncle Dane did it I will never know
Unless he hacks too

*competitive

I'm still fresh meat and I intend to remain there unless Valve actually makes their matchmaking good.

Dead Ringer is fine
Spycicle is OP, needs rework
Ambassador is dumb

I was somehow able to get to troublemaker, I don't at all blame you though

Does the speed bonus on DR and Big Earner stack?

No from what I can tell they apply the same bonus, the same one the conch and whip do too. Crazy thing about the dr is you can activate it will fall damage, insta drop it and still retain the movement speed and fire resist.

Also krits are fun.

Don't know, you'd need 3 people to test easily, one spy, one to get stabbed, and one to trigger the dead ringer.

Could do 2 if the other was a demoman who dropped a roller before getting stabbed.

I'd bet that it was just a condition that the whip, the ringer, one of the backpacks, and the big earner share.

there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that insist pyro is still a skilless class that any retard can win with.

pyro is the only good class

youtube.com/watch?v=lU1Qg1oWqz4

for the dead ringer I would like to see the fire resist toned down to a lower amount, I've managed to catch people at mid range with a flare but it doesn't matter because they still have the resist. That and make it so you lose any bonus the dr gives when you drop the cloak, so no more being able to attack at super speed with no afterburn.
Spycicle should have it's regen from metal reduced a bit, it's way to easy to refill it quickly, that and give it a fire vulnerability, you can sacrifice your knife to put out afterburn, but you will take more direct fire damage all the time with it.

There are people that think that this webm is a show of pyro being more skilled than any other class in the game

stop shilling your shitty video

what about the cloak and dagger?

how do you define a class being more skilled that another class everything is just clicking sniper clicks heads
spy clicks backs
solider clicks feet
demo click m1 then m2
heavy holds m1 and tracks
pyro m1 and sometimes m2s
medic m1 until m2 is needed
scout presses space and clicks
engineer makes aimbots and clicks on them

how the FUCK do i change this numbers over head thing

is this shit what you do instead of coding

imagine to be bitterness

who is bitterness

Who would win in a fight: FROYOTECH or an entire team of 12 /tf2g/ers

me alone i win

it's in the advanced options

placed diamond the first 2 seasons and left at level ~82 because it was getting real dull real fast

Mountain dew is so good

I remember an old pubs versus pros thing where they would make a highlander team of pubbers and put them against a 6s invite team

holy crap no

how do I change my hit and kill sounds

It's very quick to look it up, and it would be faster to listen to directions that people put up or watch a video than have an user fumble over words trying to explain it

Whoa nice getz

I like tf2 even though some people think it's dead
Do guys think it's dead? I have no trouble finding a game, but who knows how many people are just afking farming items. Also kinda sucks when a game ends and a good amount of people disconnect to join another game(I assume), why do that instead of just staying?

>he prefers videos to text
Holy unsearchable data, Batman, this guy has to be stopped!

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829551102

Section one is how to install custom sounds.

>>he prefers videos to text
I put up an or there mate, I prefer text but I wanted to at least mention videos

youtu.be/SPyjgl36fN4
youtu.be/ICgoKMG-CC0
youtu.be/12Jmi6ztNgg
Here you go, on another note what do you think the video is ,'c

Audio only of a friendly server where b4nny and nursery do unironic furry erp.

We're better than Youtubers though

>we

There's like 2 players here better than youtubers.

A universally low skill ceiling for the purpose of encouraging people to learn their whole cast. However, the game is completely unbalanced, which results in it unnecessary to learn the whole cast, thus leaving us with just a low skill ceiling.

Microtransactions came with the game while ranked did not. They say it was to make sure ranking was up to snuff, but then they reworked it after the first season, so i guess they were just screwing around that whole time. Even if the microtransactions are purely for cosmetics, they are still there in a fully priced retail game. That has never been acceptable, and still is now.

Additional content dribbles out at a rate that rivals TF2. For every new map or hero added there was at least one event that only added a temporary minigame and a new crate. It could be argued that the basic events are to hold people off while the developers deliver the bigger content, but brand new maps are made for these little minigames, which is resources that could go towards proper maps. You caould argue that they are spending their time to make sure everything is properly balanced, but one character came out overpowered, the other two came out useless, and the maps are all universally considered poor. The developers have stated that they dont have map making tools or community servers available for the purpose of keeping map quality up, ironically. The community is what really helped TF2 grow, so its a shame to see them shun that.

All of the characters are weak, personality wise. They come flanderized out of the box, and are purposefully bland mid game. Developers described the game like "playing with dolls" in that sense. Personality and story is instead intended to be delivered through shorts and comics, which it still does poorly. Characters are still fairly one note and bland, spending upwards of 8 minutes to showcase elements of characters that were evident from the start. Also, Bastion is literally just Android 16.

>reflects two crockets
>doesnt even kill
bad class desu

>first crocket kills the medic
:thinking:

pyro sucks
t. pyro main

reminder the flamethrower is a great weapon but everyone is too autistic to learn to track with it because they have to go for sick combos so michalangelo.chavez1488 doesn't say "m1" when you dom him

Punche if your still here ypur ass at heavy.

reminder the flamethrower is actually broken and relies entirely on luck and ping

Overwatch has gone through TF2's lifespan in a manner of months.

TF2:
>Has a 5 year period of dominance where one could easily call it one of the best games of all time.
>Around 2011-2012 things start to go to shit thanks to F2P, trading, and the eventual destruction of the artstyle. Robot horde mode thrown in at the end of all of it.
>Currently in a period of stagnation with a dev team of 6 people churning out half-assed updates loaded with more cosmetics and microtransactions

Overwatch:
>Has a five month period of dominance where its the hottest shit on the block thanks to marketing and shilling.
>Around Sombra release things start to go to shit due to the utter shittiness of the character and meta stagnation. Robot horde mode+new nigger robot character thrown in at the end of all it.
>Game is in a period of stagnation/decline where the game will never get the Esports respect that real MOBA's and shooters do, but will never have a large legacy following like TF2.

That, and the game gives off the impression of depth with its utterly bloated cast of flanderized stereotypes designed by a board room committee, when in reality the skill ceiling doesn't even come close to TF2's while the meta is more stagnant than a tepid pool of swamp water.

>actual footage of viva even being denied sex from prostitutes

why don't you just go home

>Overwatch has gone through TF2's lifespan in a manner of months.
I never thought about it that way before, but now that you've said it it makes perfect sense.

>tfw blizzard is shit and overwatch is a shittier tf2
>tfw there will never be warcraft IV: the thawed throne

DON'T BULLY OVERWATCH

You could just play Warcraft III some more. Unless you like WoW, you aren't getting anymore warcraft content from Blizzard.

I'm in the same boat, all I have left is Dota 2 at this point

>TF2 release date: 2007
>Australiam weapons introduced into the game: 2013

>Overwatch release date: 2016
>Gold weapons introduced into the game: 2016

Rly maks u think...

I got 2 bucks in steam money and I'm not gonna buy some shitty indie game
What're some cool items I can buy?

buy a prinny knife. its a fun all class melee.

>TF2 release date: 2007
>TF2 Mann vs Machine mode: 2012

>Overwatch Release date: May 24th 2016
>Overwatch PVE Omnic game mode: October 2016

Really gets the noggin joggin'

youtube.com/watch?v=0SWBCyOhDRc

DONT CLICK THIS ITS A ZENO VIDEO

>delfy deserves a vac ban
lmao

what are things that tf2 got you into?

Off the top of my head

>TF2 got me into:

- learning to use a proper image editor with layers for the first time so that I could make my own sprays

- how to make and edit animated GIFs

- learning to use Audacity to mix, edit, and clean up sounds.

- youtube poops

- how to use video editing software for the first time.

- level design

- the Hammer editor for source

- How to research parts and prices and build a computer instead of just buying one from the factory.

- This subject is restricted by Veeky Forums Global Rule 15

>- This subject is restricted by Veeky Forums Global Rule 15

Nothing except tf2 and maybe FPS shooters
I'm lazy and hate being productive

>havent played tf2 in a while
>someone adds me on steam and has 300+ levels
>oh boy here we go
>guy wants to buy my entire backpack
>decide not to put all my eggs in one basket and offer him my useless shit first and one med-low unusual
>offers me less than half of what its worth
>point it out
>argues that its far more
>ask for pricing of the entire backpack to see if he intends jewing me
>75% of backpack worth in keys
if I am cashing out wont I want paypal money instead
its been a while so who here can help me out
>

>dont get mad at cheaters, just try and kick them or give up and leave
>lets talk about the psychology of cheaters
>by the way, the reserve shooter is fine, stop getting mad that i use it
>cheating is defined as - actually im gonna talk about the words "dishonest" and "unfair"- actually cheating is when you use an external program lets just go with that
>also there isnt anything wrong with abusing map exploits. theyre in the game so its fine.
>oh wait yeah, i was gonna talk about why people feel the need to cheat
>so yeah cheaters dont cheat to win cus its boring cus it takes no effort
>dont worry, were getting to that psychology part I keep talking about
>and uuuh yeah theres little risk when youre cheating in tf2 cus its free lol
>how do we fix it?
>uuuuuuuuuuh i dunno lol. valve is shitty blame them
>so yeah thats why people cheat and thats my video about how cheaters suck, and everyone stop whining about he reserve shooter
i regret watching that

dump the fucker and find another buyer. You also want to get intermediary for paypal transactions.