What caused the shift of African American music that had historically been rock music to a much less skill intensive...

What caused the shift of African American music that had historically been rock music to a much less skill intensive hip hop?

How do you go from this

youtube.com/watch?v=_UoL3dgGxiQ

to this

youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrdQiGotAoo
youtube.com/watch?v=YZxsulBE3xc
youtube.com/watch?v=JX9oO8VEnEo
youtube.com/watch?v=virlWcB_G-E
youtube.com/watch?v=lwVNp42l3Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=bGGTvpc584E
youtube.com/watch?v=KJagA5R2wR8
youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg
youtu.be/kOINSUWOqyo
youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko
youtube.com/watch?v=uZoY8HfcBlg
youtube.com/watch?v=WJPtq3laocU
youtube.com/watch?v=e-fA-gBCkj0
youtube.com/watch?v=i5PZQMwL7iE
youtube.com/watch?v=-O67mmaAfSk
youtube.com/watch?v=uiT0fBePR0Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Capitalism

Jews

Can't we at least appreciate this masterpiece of a song?

youtube.com/watch?v=QrdQiGotAoo

the cia came to their neighborhoods and forced them to sell crack to each other and of course they obeyed because we all know black people have no agency and all of their shortcomings can be placed on whitey

kill whitey

People liked black music, among other reasons, because it was novel and edgy and offered something current exist music didn't. There's not much edgier than thug lyfe, although eventually this will stop being novel and people will search for something new.

Who /hardcore 90's memphis gangster rap/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=YZxsulBE3xc

>>/mu/

gangsta rap died in mid noughties you pleb

What caused the shift of African American music that had historically been jazz and blues music to a much less skill intensive rock and roll?

Digital music technology makes skills not something people appreciate anymore. Samples and loops are in line with mass producing what prints money or shekels if you will.

Earlier actually; along with all real edginess.

Chief Keef, Lil' Uzi, Lil Yachty and the other members of that sorry pack of niggers are just pale imitations

African American rock still retained alot of blues and jazz elements, that shift can easily be explained in advancements in instruments that enabled different sounds

youtube.com/watch?v=JX9oO8VEnEo

I've heard some people talk about it the same way that Doo Wop came about. Poor people not having enough money for instruments but still wanting to make music. Doo Wop went acapella. Hip Hop went with sampling exiting music and using rhyming words.

Consumerism is ingrained in hiphop culture, thus making it more marketable.

youtube.com/watch?v=virlWcB_G-E

>implying hiphop is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=lwVNp42l3Xo

a better question is how did hip-hop go from this

youtube.com/watch?v=bGGTvpc584E

to become this

youtube.com/watch?v=KJagA5R2wR8

now compare that to

youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg

Is this the true definition of degeneracy

What caused the shift of Caucasian music that had historically been chamber orchestra to a much less skill intensive radio pop?

>There's not much edgier than thug lyfe, although eventually this will stop being novel and people will search for something new.

That already happened, over a decade ago. Hate Kanye all you want, he helped break the image of the thug rapper.

I thought the 25 year rule was in effect.

That's dope

Usually is enforced only if you make the thread. The person I was arguing with is also talking about hiphop and how it currently is, so why don't you also give him that (you).

If you think hip hop inherently takes less skill, then I doubt you've studied the genre seriously. Its never easy to make music sound appealing.

>historically been rock music to a much less skill intensive hip hop?

Sounds like you know very little about either one.

>Rock
>Hiphop
>not just another form of pop music for the masses
>doing anything worthy of being saved

>listening to hip hop
>listening to rap
Why is it out of the people I know the people voting for Trump do this and the people voting for Shillary don't?

Rap died around the same time. All "rap" music is just auto-tuned """"""singing""""""" while sounding like you're half-asleep.

Black culture and Trump are where the memes are currently.

you don't know the difference between hip hop and rap, do you?

Oldfag here, is conscious hiphop still a thing?

youtu.be/kOINSUWOqyo

ITT: /mu/

>Lil Wayne
>autotune

Is this 2010?

>Immortal Technique
>backpacker rap

because it of availability of tools. forming a traditional band was expensive and out of the reach of those people.

Rock music's been dead for 10-15 years. It never evolved past post-grunge. You can listen to shit like Days of the New or The Flys from like 1997 and stuff a decade later sounds EXACTLY the same. I guess maybe now they moved onto metalcore or whatever but it's fucking embarassing. Kurt Cobain killed himself and took the entirety of the genre with him.

>What caused the shift of African American music that had historically been rock music to a much less skill intensive hip hop?

The realization that you could be successful without the need for any actual talent by simply using shit other people make for your own purpose.

Singing takes talent, practice, and dedication. Why bother when you can just use your ghetto dialect to essentially TALK into a microphone using the same school yard rhyming techniques that Dr. Seuss made famous?

Playing an instrument takes talent and time to master, so why waste time when you can just steal other peoples shit....and call it "sampling"?

A lot of niggers are lazy as fuck, which is why C-rap music exploded in the 80's, and is still popular today. Anybody can do it, and you don't need any talent whatsoever. Why try to be the next James Brown when he's already done the work and you can just steal his shit and claim it as your own?

I'd hope not. There were good conscious rappers but the entire thing is WE WUZ and other retarded "woke" shit exported into an entire musical subgenre.

>backpacker
I just googled this term. It seems to refer to alternative hiphop. Why would this be an insult? Is only commercial hiphop cool now?

>sampling doesn't take talent

Grunge was shitty too tho.

>being a dirty rockist

>yfw you lived long enough to hear nirvana on the classic rock station

I think you meant to ask how do you go from Living Colour to [contemporary rapper].

>listening to the radio
>in 2010+6

Grunge and its associated stuff was fine. Alice in Chains was a really good band but 20 years of everyone ripping them off just gets really shitty.

Not all us of are neets. We need some form of entertainment when driving to and from work.

>sampling takes talent

Any idiot with a mix board can duplicate ANY sampled "song" perfectly.

Human voice, and the emotion behind it, on the other hand, is unique.

>read this post
>search and listen this youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
>I've heard them before from gta and whatnot.
> they are black!

My life is a lie.

post-avant jazzcore is better than progressive dreamfunk

I'm /houston gangsta rap/ senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

sampling isn't about duplication but about collage making you dumbnut

>sampling isn't about duplication but about collage making you dumbnut

And?

What's so hard about ripping off the hook from a James Brown song and repeating it over and over while talking about nigga's, ho's, and money the way Dr. Suess would?

Nothing.

I thought it was somewhat well known that song was made by that band who were all black, if you listen to the singer he sounds it to me
youtube.com/watch?v=uZoY8HfcBlg

Micro sd cards are cheap these days

You could try streaming if even that takes too much.

Using the radio is irrelevant because of the aux cord.

>rap is the only genre that uses sampling

>hip hop/rap is all shit

Nice try /pol/

youtube.com/watch?v=WJPtq3laocU

I can't be arsed plus I like the randomness the radio affords me instead of listening to the same 200 songs I like from a playlist

not to me. Maybe because Im not a native english speaker.

very good songs tho.

>I like the randomness the radio affords me instead of listening to the same 200 songs I like from a playlist

You do know Pandora and iheartradio's a thing, right?

Oh that's understandable

No I don't. I'm old and I like traditional terrestrial radio. Leave me alone.

Post more afro-rock

youtube.com/watch?v=e-fA-gBCkj0

The old should fear the young.

They kill my nigga Tupac.

youtube.com/watch?v=i5PZQMwL7iE

We got the guns but you got the numbers.

The jews started catering to the morons in black America I mean normal black people.

Someone doesn't listen to Portishead

youtube.com/watch?v=-O67mmaAfSk

youtube.com/watch?v=uiT0fBePR0Q

Nope.

And I'm not going to start now.

What aree you talking about? /pol/ music thread is full on medieval, classical, or military anthem LARP

Someone has never listened to the Avalanches.

It was all a dream...