/edg/scg/ Elite Star:Dangerous Citizen general #151

[EMBED][EMBED] Best ship edition.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Schedule Friday, desire to know intensifies.

>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
this is thread number 150 after the first merge in july of 2016, so please keep your ship design autism, your missile launcher-shape autism and your playermovement in (insert favorite/hated game engine here) autism in check

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/373853/when-will-we-be-able-to-take-our-javelins-out#latest
robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ATHEIST
amazon.com/gp/product/B00006B84X/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_3_w
youtu.be/Qv7JrXMX_1w
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5x5bde/cutlass_red_sar_speculation_with_cig_from_spectrum/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have $30. What game should I get to scratch that space faring itch?

Anons? I can see him! I can see his face in the haze! It's Braben! He's..he's gesturing to me, me! He wants me to join him in the vision, to stand at his side like so many others. I can see it anons! I can.. I can see..it..

Depends. What do you want to do?

How long will the schedule be? Could it be as short as a month?

Rebel Galaxy, or if you are strong with the autism, Into the Stars

EVE is free to play. You should get $30 more and buy Star Citizen, then join us in waiting shitposting, bitching about delays and getting slowly transmogrified into a pillar of salt.

Already bought it when it was cheaper.
Was hoping it would be out by now, thus the hole to fill.

Buy some LSD, a cardboard box and some toilet rolls and live the dream for a couple of hours. It'll be more rewarding than either ED or SC at the moment.

Elites 30 bucks I think

>EVE is free to play
You are a bad person, and you should feel bad. Goons at least attack the game, you're going after him as a person, that's not cool.

What have you done.

Expansions are what $30? Games is $60, $30 on sale?

You really think Fdev is going to make 5 expansions worth having?

Look at the fidelity of that jpg...

what if space legs was the last expansion and it was exclusive for lifetime pass members?

EVE compliments these 2 games really well. Because when playing EVE you will see the grand scale of things and when "playing" SC you can fantasize how the game would look.

Eventually they will end up making Star Citizen into a bastard child of EVE and Elite Dangerous. Mark my words, screenshot this post, tattoo the date on your testicles.

How can space legs be real if the vision isn't real?

>You really think Fdev is going to make 5 expansions worth having?

Is there ever going to be a Capital ship system? Doesn't the game have like two cap ships?

They've hinted at players eventually having some form of "control" over capships. Not directly piloting them, but controling them. At best it will probably be a glorified version of ship launched fighters, only this time a lot bigger.

i hope they can only control it from an office on a station somewhere.

tfw I spawn my starfarer in the PU just to sit inside it while I smoke weed

living the dream

put yourself into a multiaxis roll while drifting and turn off thrusters.

Best Ship.

but that's not a ship, that's a jpg of a ship

best jpeg. Pic related best ship

This would be a hilarious way to stop people boarding you if you know you're fucked.

I wish they had gone ahead with grappling hooks to grab onto ships and cargo instead of tractor beams. Like, big ones for ships and handheld ones for EVA. I reckon they would have fit in with their aesthetic a lot more and would have made pic related shitloads cooler having a bunch of shock troopers bail out in space and grapple onto any poor fuckers nearby.

>Quince back in civil war

Time for one last hurrah, boys.

I hope the orion Mining laser works on ships.

fuck the lasers. i want to chew ships up in the jaws

Oh come on, get a warlock to drop a Hulls shields then just cut the fucker into pieces, chop off the the head, chop off the engines, leave the rack floating like a bunch of grapes waiting to be plucked.

Makin' it a good one.

any idea when the new cutlass black is going to be flyable or is that soon™?

There's no 2.7, so 3.0 I guess.

>civil war in quince

>forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/373853/when-will-we-be-able-to-take-our-javelins-out#latest

Really activates the almonds...

>The year is 2205
>With the invention of time travel and cryostasis, Chris Roberts, game-dev extraordinaire, has finally been able to complete his vision.
>It's a shitty space sim that looks nearly 200 years old.

How are things at Valinor, Blue?

>Chris Roberts, game-dev extraordinaire

TOP FUCKING KEK

>robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ATHEIST

Why haven't you joined?

Why can't we have a perfect mix of SC and E:D?
SC will never be finished at this point but they have the better graphics, ship design and flight system.
E:D is pretty much a complete game but the ships are utterly uninspiring and it's basically and single player game.
Can't we have something in between those two? RIGHT NOW?

>and it's basically and single player game

Servers are currently down while they update for 2.3.

2.3 will have multicrew, which will (At the very least) give SOME form of real player interaction.

David Braben is currently doing an AMA on the Elite subreddit

someone ask him on his stance on brexit or something completely unrelated to Elite.

>There's no 2.7
Ben saying something doesn't make it true, user.

Stop being dad, a new portion of VISION is coming.

if it's not 2.7, it's 2.6.4 thru 2.6.9999999999

Remember our agreement on this matter.
When the time comes, we must be ready.

I wonder if he remembers he paid $2500 for a ship with no weapons.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00006B84X/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_3_w

CH products fighterstick is $50 off on Amazon.

Agreed. Best combat ship.

>2.3 will have multicrew, which will (At the very least) give SOME form of real player interaction.

Multicrew is DOA and no one is going to use it after the novelty wears off. Like almost every fucking Ftroop feature update, it's a shitty minigame that is entirely separate from the actual game, and they nerfed it into the ground so you can't even help newfriends to make some starter cash.

2.3 is dropping today I think, are bounties still getting nerfed?

Of course they are, silly you.

I hope SC has a nugget equivalent, a no frills ultra cheap guns with good stopping power but limited fire rate and no real room for expansion.

It takes 12 weeks or so to put a single weapon in the game, and all they've shown is tacticool shit.

I remember CR saying several years ago he'd put in a collectible handgun in the game, a M1911 if I'm not mistaken. But honestly I'm not going to get excited about it, I don't even believe him.

Chris didn't say that an executive producer said that and he left.

Once the weapon pipeline is mature we'll start seeing more weapons as needed.

The FPS needs alot of work like the cover system, general polish, getting the ai working and polished. I wish more of the FPS devs gave interviews besides level designer Sean Noonan and the head Ai in Frankfurt.

Sean was on a fan podcast recently if anyone wants to hear this thoughts on the fps.

youtu.be/Qv7JrXMX_1w

>Chris didn't say that
I think he did, on stage, or in 10ftc, I can't remember.

If you have a look down he repeatedly says "XXX features doesn't have enough people playing it so we're not going to improve it".

We're looking at that.

That fatheaded fuckface isn't even answering questions. It's all just "Yeah, we wanna do that" or "Definitely looking into this". How about you expatiate on your design decisions going forward you assclown?

They have the VISION, so unlike you they're looking into this.

>It's all just "Yeah, we wanna do that" or "Definitely looking into this".
The last 4 years of Star Citizen.

Might be good.

Gee I hope they don't cancel all the current missions because I have an 11mil slaughter contract that is like 4 ships away from completion. I was going to finish it this morning but, of course, the servers were down.

>Gee I hope they don't cancel all the current missions
Haha

Hue

I mean, as much as that's literal daddery, its somewhat understandable, and non-combat non competitive roles will exist. Miner, Cargo pilot, SAR, and yeah even like being aro argo or Hull A pilot transfer loading cargo onto an Orbital E Hull.

How much of a meme is this going to be?

Imagine this thing, dropping a whole army of Merlins at you.

Spacesuits don't come in child sizes.

Stop it, my flak guns can only elevate so far.

He means IRL kids, I'd be more worried about local chat than them getting bullied by pirates or shooting innocents desu.

>ships of the same manufacturer share aesthetics and parts
What a nightmare.

But shooting people in games is traumatic for kids!

My nephew has been playing HALO since he was like 4, and every time I play planetside2 he bumps me on steam to watch.

that child abuser should just give kerbal to his kids, they might actually learn something, like real physics

Let's say that one Merlin, would take as much space, as two currently mounted containers.
There are 512 regular containers.
Cut that in half, and you have a space, for 256 Merlin fighters.

I've been playing shit like doom and wolf 3d since I was like 4, and now look where I am.

Me I wonder if they'll use the planned 'tractor' in piracy.
Since not all ship can dock and you need a mechanic to keep a ship steady I figured this would be it.
Yet they've never hinted at that exactly.

Oh but the VISION is most certainly real, user

>Since not all ship can dock
They got rid of docking anyway.

[citation needed]

>$3 pls
>every plate style has the same font
embic dave, simbly embic

Docking ring is confirmed to be gone/delayed indefinitely.
Boarding will be conducted through EVA.

Your post is not a citation, and neither is "I saw it on on ATV, can't remember which"

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5x5bde/cutlass_red_sar_speculation_with_cig_from_spectrum/

Not the OP but I also have seen it mentioned, because connecting 2 ships together causes too many problems leading to ships destroying themselves. It's probably why the connie is taking so long to have the parasite fighter attached and working. Last mention I heard was Docking collars are being abandoned at this stage definitely an ATV possibly on an RTV before they changed to Happy hour.

There goes another cool reason to care about this project

It's three fucking dollars. Who the hell cares?

have they started the update process? i thought it wasn't slated until the end of the week?

fuck off, brababy

kys daddyo

It's downloading.

Even with the new update, won't Robigo slave-selling still be a thing? You can't stack missions, sure, but who the hell as room for more than 3 missions worth of slaves in a medium ship anyway?

....moneygrinding will still be a thing?

Only on the topic of boarding ship, because of how fragile it was, reason here I don't remember anything about the entire docking mechanic being abandoned. They still need to have the constellation & snubsfighter work anyway
They were even considering combat drop so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible technically

Iirc, you can't stack massacre/planet scan mission. So they only targeted 17D/Quince.

Alright, here's what you do:

You walk outside. (Scary, I know)

Walk around for about an hour.

Find three fucking dollars on the ground.